Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,090 members, 7,880,412 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:47 PM

Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT (12786 Views)

Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising / Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses / Fuel Price Hits N680 Per Litre In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:06am On Nov 12, 2022
McCoy662:
Finally, fuel subsidy has been removed.

Wait for it... Fuel subsidy haven't been removed yet.

I wonder why government can't just yank it off let's know what we are facing
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by onuman: 11:07am On Nov 12, 2022
Let the ethno-religious bigots of Nigeria vote to bring these people who formed APC to power in 2023.
Na all of us go continue with the suffering.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Proudlyomonna: 11:07am On Nov 12, 2022
JASONjnr:
The problem is the cost of transportation....

Originally, moving from banex to Area1 used to be 50bucks way back and it loved to 100bucks....With the increase, it will likely go upto 200bucks.

The people will pay this high to go to work but salary will not be increased.

The said that after removal of subsidy, the funds will be shared to Nigerians......The money will be shared amongst their children.

This country...If we do not vote right....We will keep having issues with this type of leadership.

I hope that everyone who's still shouting Sai Baba are buying fuel at N80, while the 5% are buying it at N300 per litre.

Very shameless set of people, they are now planning to bring in another sick shaky desperate old thief again to cause more calamity.
#ENDAPCSAVENIJANOW.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Offpoint1: 11:08am On Nov 12, 2022
McCoy662:
Is the removal yearly occurrence? I've been hearing this every since 2012
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by eldoradoxx: 11:10am On Nov 12, 2022
Tinubu says he is coming to make life comfortable for the people. He is a senior member of this government that has brought untold hardship on Nigerians such as last witnessed when the same Buhari was a military president in the 80s. If Tinubu had the solution, he would have communicated to his friend Buhari, after all he stands to loose the election due to the failure of his party APC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by onuman: 11:12am On Nov 12, 2022
JASONjnr:
The problem is the cost of transportation....

Originally, moving from banex to Area1 used to be 50bucks way back and it loved to 100bucks....With the increase, it will likely go upto 200bucks.

The people will pay this high to go to work but salary will not be increased.

The said that after removal of subsidy, the funds will be shared to Nigerians......The money will be shared amongst their children.

This country...If we do not vote right....We will keep having issues with this type of leadership.

I hope that everyone who's still shouting Sai Baba are buying fuel at N80, while the 5% are buying it at N300 per litre.
Vote right?
The Sai Babas from one southern region are like in this photo below.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Mrkindness: 11:14am On Nov 12, 2022
This government of APC are evil and heartless.

The idiot called Buhari said if you are hungry go to farm same man will send fulani terrorists groups to kill and destroy your crops. The evil Tinubu and his Yoruba Muslims brought to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Ray07(m): 11:15am On Nov 12, 2022
Kobonaire234:
Simple explanation...the cost of importing fuel has gotten to a point where subsidising it is a struggle. Add the bad roads, lack of investment in the railways, and the fact that subsides has forced the oil sector to run at a loss for decades...meaning there isn't enough money for pipelines systems...and you get the problem

My fellow Nigerians, it is time we listened to GEJ, NOI AND SLS from 2011...and removed subsidy. Yes, fuel will cost N492 at least, but yes, we would have enough profit to ensure continuous flow of fuel, and no more losses due to fraudulent subsidy payments, and also smuggling.

And enough profit to make domestic refining profitable...meaning Dangote is going to face competitors.

P.S

If you feel like losing your cool or temper with me for this comment...go ahead. I won't respond...but I will direct you to this.

Also, if you voted for Buhari in 2015 because he promised 40 naira fuel...you see why that was a bad idea. There is no such thing as cheap fuel folks. Subsidy must go.

PPS

See the image below...

See the figures for 2011...when fuel was N65 , and see why GEJ wanted subsidy gone? See 2016, after prices went up from N87 to N145...see what happened? (sarce)
Have the Nigeria government ever been accountable to it citizens?
Well, I'm not surprised. A black man enjoys watching his fellow black man suffer.

A typical example of Nigeria leaders.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Perfectbeing(m): 11:18am On Nov 12, 2022
Buhari just wants to remove fuel subsidy in preparation for the PH refinery that will start production next month and the upcoming Dangote refinery.

Whether Nigerians like it or not fuel subsidy will end before the next president comes in.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Mrkindness: 11:20am On Nov 12, 2022
slivertongue:
Well I have insisted FG allows the market to determine the price while the scam subsidy is scraped and channeled into productive sectors
most of you guys fought GEJ because of this subsidy today you all want it removed

1 Like

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by malikombi(m): 11:22am On Nov 12, 2022
Hit 285 when we have been buying in filling stations at the rate of 250 in dutse for the past four weeks....shioooorr
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by slivertongue: 11:23am On Nov 12, 2022
Mrkindness:
most of you guys fought GEJ because of this subsidy today you all want it removed

Am anti subsidy since I knew about it during the military regimes. Gej had my support, and GMB has my support to remove it.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by condralbedez: 11:26am On Nov 12, 2022
I hope mannabbqgrill and his colleagues will be getting it at cheaper rates
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Franking: 11:26am On Nov 12, 2022
It's 240 in Owerri. Thanks to Buhari and the APC.

Remember what it was during PDP and Jonathan.
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Orlarmeday(m): 11:27am On Nov 12, 2022
I bought fuel at Shema filling station along Kubwa express road around 10am this morning at 175 naira per liter.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by madapcmod: 11:37am On Nov 12, 2022
I will build one refinery every year : Buhari

APC has scammed us. I wonder the moral ground they have to be campaigning for votes again
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by lomprico(m): 11:45am On Nov 12, 2022
APC e ku ise o!
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by uniquelyspecial(m): 11:52am On Nov 12, 2022
saintopus:

It may not have been removed completely but I feel they are systematically removing it in stages.

At the same time watching the reaction of Nigerian.

If you watch the trend carefully fuel subsidy is a near gone.
Sir, let us not be deceived ooo. Subsidy hasn't gone anywhere yet.

Not even when they told us it was being removed.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by lukency(m): 11:53am On Nov 12, 2022
It's time to rain curse on those supretending over the nation.Awon olori buruku eda.
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:57am On Nov 12, 2022
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/fuel-pump-price-hits-n285-in-fct/

una remember wetin NNPC Chairman talk that he is shooting for 420 per liter!!!

Thunder fire these people and if you support APC thunder fire you too
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Okoroawusa: 11:58am On Nov 12, 2022
I bought for 170 yesterday here in Lagos.

Subsidy must go. We can't continue to subsidize fuel for the rich and the rest of Africa
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Doyou2019: 11:59am On Nov 12, 2022
Risingblue008:
Like play like play, these things don dey turn to something else,

And they are still campaigning,
Companies are relocating,
U go make profit,u go use the profit pay nepa bills and fuel,
Omo,I guess we need a strong protest to close down all government activities,
Cos I no sure if we go fit bear this things before election oo.
angry angry angry

Protests
The last one we had against police brutality, where innocent youths were shot at and killed, Emilokan idiots came all out and called it an attempt at burning down LAgos.

Abeg just leave dem make dem dey use their Emilokan APC cards for fuel station o jare grin, while you figure out a way to leave this country.

Protests ain't worth shit anynore because fools are ever going to keep supporting an oppressive government.
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by miketayo(m): 12:14pm On Nov 12, 2022
McCoy662:

What are you saying,, how many times will they remove it.. it was 75 naira and they said they removed it , it became 100+ .. meaning 10 yrs from now they will remove it again to 500 naira
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by boldtruthalways: 12:16pm On Nov 12, 2022
slivertongue:
Well I have insisted FG allows the market to determine the price while the scam subsidy is scraped and channeled into productive sectors
After they have looted trillions for more than 7years. Why didn't yiu folks accept it when Jonathan wanted to remove it? What a shame!
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by slivertongue: 12:18pm On Nov 12, 2022
boldtruthalways:

After they have looted trillions for more than 7years. Why didn't yiu folks accept it when Jonathan wanted to remove it? What a shame!

I repeat, am pro removal of subsidy. Gej had my support

1 Like

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by CEOKmotors: 12:22pm On Nov 12, 2022
Kobonaire234:
Simple explanation...the cost of importing fuel has gotten to a point where subsidising it is a struggle. Add the bad roads, lack of investment in the railways, and the fact that subsides has forced the oil sector to run at a loss for decades...meaning there isn't enough money for pipelines systems...and you get the problem

My fellow Nigerians, it is time we listened to GEJ, NOI AND SLS from 2011...and removed subsidy. Yes, fuel will cost N492 at least, but yes, we would have enough profit to ensure continuous flow of fuel, and no more losses due to fraudulent subsidy payments, and also smuggling.

And enough profit to make domestic refining profitable...meaning Dangote is going to face competitors.

P.S

If you feel like losing your cool or temper with me for this comment...go ahead. I won't respond...but I will direct you to this.

Also, if you voted for Buhari in 2015 because he promised 40 naira fuel...you see why that was a bad idea. There is no such thing as cheap fuel folks. Subsidy must go.

PPS

See the image below...

See the figures for 2011...when fuel was N65 , and see why GEJ wanted subsidy gone? See 2016, after prices went up from N87 to N145...see what happened? (sarce)

The problem isn't removing subsidy, the problem is dem not looting it instead of making use of the money.

After GEJ removed it, there was a news that the money was looted.

If they stop subsidizing it and still steal the money, just know that it will be hell for the masses.
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Badb0y4lyf(m): 12:42pm On Nov 12, 2022
slivertongue:

They steal what you call subsidy. So remove it and return the funds to the contributors. They will never remove it unless we push for it cos it's their 'free meal' money.

Let them have the free meal, we heard all this when they wanted to remove it on kerosene and diesel now it has been removed can you point to any achievements it has brought, removing it on petrol would only cause hardship and the funds relooted else where.
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by slivertongue: 12:56pm On Nov 12, 2022
Badb0y4lyf:

Let them have the free meal, we heard all this when they wanted to remove it on kerosene and diesel now it has been removed can you point to any achievements it has brought, removing it on petrol would only cause hardship and the funds relooted else where.

I understand. Even now there is no real subsidy yet money is deducted for subsidy.
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by HarunaWest(m): 1:02pm On Nov 12, 2022

1 Like

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Otunbakayce: 1:08pm On Nov 12, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
I still got for 170 yesterday in Lagos
We are the major causes of most of our problems, not the government
Get yourself educated before coming to speak nonsense on a public forum.
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by AFONJAPIG(m): 1:20pm On Nov 12, 2022
And Tulumbu is promising them hope... which hope Hope with all these looters surrendered him... Nigerians unah no go get sense again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9 Things You Never Knew About Adamu Adamu / Suspects Planning To Defraud Nigerians With Naval Chief’s Images Arrested / Released Schoolchildren: Oyebanji Thanks President Tinubu, Security Agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.