Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,824 members, 7,872,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:29 PM

Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT (12772 Views)

Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising / Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses / Fuel Price Hits N680 Per Litre In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:40pm On Nov 12, 2022
Otunbakayce:
Get yourself educated before coming to speak nonsense on a public forum.
You are the dumb one here Mr.
I’m not the cause of your frustrations
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by alimiadedayo1: 2:55pm On Nov 12, 2022
mmadu5:
this is even cheap .. in Ghana a 1 liter of petrol is 17.99 cedis . this is more than 5 hundred naira
why are you always comparing ghana to Nigeria when something is bad in the country.. I have studied most apc government supporters always jump to justify government failure by comparing countries together.. there are many factors you have to consider before you compare two countries together
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Reference(m): 2:57pm On Nov 12, 2022
slivertongue:
Well I have insisted FG allows the market to determine the price while the scam subsidy is scraped and channeled into productive sectors

Yes, more productive sectors indeed aka more contracts for the boys. Then they will be able to afford their 20 million naira crack sniffing dogs. Big money, small money, a waster is a waster. Nigeria did not become poor because of subsidy my friend. Ask Gowon. Spending?
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by gabriel66386: 2:58pm On Nov 12, 2022
Use me as a dislike button Use me as a dislike button ...
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Reference(m): 2:59pm On Nov 12, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
I still got for 170 yesterday in Lagos
We are the major causes of most of our problems, not the government

Hahahaha...naso. No more Jonathan fault.... hahaha...
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by jesmond3945: 3:02pm On Nov 12, 2022
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/fuel-pump-price-hits-n285-in-fct/
very good news. Una suffer never start.
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by MoneyMustBMade(m): 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2022
What's the Minister of petroleum doing?
Buhari! I thought you re the Minister of petroleum, what is happening in the country? Apc una never tire?

Apc need to step aside in this coming election by all means
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by KennethEnyi(m): 3:28pm On Nov 12, 2022
Useless capital of useless nation
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Cantonese: 4:11pm On Nov 12, 2022
Kobonaire234:
Simple explanation...the cost of importing fuel has gotten to a point where subsidising it is a struggle. Add the bad roads, lack of investment in the railways, and the fact that subsides has forced the oil sector to run at a loss for decades...meaning there isn't enough money for pipelines systems...and you get the problem

My fellow Nigerians, it is time we listened to GEJ, NOI AND SLS from 2011...and removed subsidy. Yes, fuel will cost N492 at least, but yes, we would have enough profit to ensure continuous flow of fuel, and no more losses due to fraudulent subsidy payments, and also smuggling.

And enough profit to make domestic refining profitable...meaning Dangote is going to face competitors.

P.S

If you feel like losing your cool or temper with me for this comment...go ahead. I won't respond...but I will direct you to this.

Also, if you voted for Buhari in 2015 because he promised 40 naira fuel...you see why that was a bad idea. There is no such thing as cheap fuel folks. Subsidy must go.

PPS

See the image below...

See the figures for 2011...when fuel was N65 , and see why GEJ wanted subsidy gone? See 2016, after prices went up from N87 to N145...see what happened? (sarce)

So simple to say.

Two things quickly:

1. What happened to APC’s promise to build refineries and fix old ones?
2. What has happened to curb corruption in the system?
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Otunbakayce: 4:22pm On Nov 12, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
You are the dumb one here Mr.
I’m not the cause of your frustrations
Frustrated fool, blaming the people instead of the government. slowpoke!
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 12, 2022
Cantonese:

So simple to say.

Two things quickly:

1. What happened to APC’s promise to build refineries and fix old ones?

I am asking them the same question too myself.
2. What has happened to call corruption in the system?
[/quote]

Free money= free corruption.

Forcing people to operate at a loss= sharp practices to make money.

Now my question to you is

1.Why do you think that petrol should be sold at a cheap price?

2.Why do you support Buhari's price controls on petrol?

I await my answer.

P.S

I am kind of angry with you for thinking I am siding with 'oppressors'...what i want is fuel to be sold at a price the market sets so that government, any government stops wasting money on subsides.

If you think that it is right for government to set prices for fuel, then you should let them set the prices for your business.

The more you spend on subsides, the more the budget deficit grows.

Better wake up.
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:40pm On Nov 12, 2022
Otunbakayce:
Frustrated fool, blaming the people instead of the government. slowpoke!
Yes I will blame the govt when the government is to be blamed, and I will blame the people when the people is to be blamed.
Only an unapologetic and frustrated fooooool like yourself puts all the blame at the doorstep of the government.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Otunbakayce: 6:54pm On Nov 12, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Yes I will blame the govt when the government is to be blamed, and I will blame the people when the people is to be blamed.
Only an unapologetic and frustrated fooooool like yourself puts all the blame at the doorstep of the government.
oh, I just realized you are an insignificant fool. Bastard, you think everyone on here is poor and frustrated like you and your fellow APC urchins. Idiot, you need to travel around the world for you to understand that the government is always held responsible for anything pertaining to energy,food,electricity and other basic fundamentals of the economy.
Eleribu, go and educate yourself.
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2022
Otunbakayce:
oh, I just realized you are an insignificant fool. Bastard, you think everyone on here is poor and frustrated like you and your fellow APC urchins. Idiot, you need to travel around the world for you to understand that the government is always held responsible for anything pertaining to energy,food,electricity and other basic fundamentals of the economy.
Eleribu, go and educate yourself.
See from mumu his hellhole of a village is talking traveling outside the country. If you have once ventured out of that your erosion infested hole you would understand that the people too have certain responsibilities towards their country, and you would know that citizens of other countries don’t use their own hands to ruin their country.
A poverty infested soul like yours always waiting to be spoon fed by the government
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Otunbakayce: 8:24pm On Nov 12, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
See from mumu his hellhole of a village is talking traveling outside the country. If you have once ventured out of that your erosion infested hole you would understand that the people too have certain responsibilities towards their country, and you would know that citizens of other countries don’t use their own hands to ruin their country.
A poverty infested soul like yours always waiting to be spoon fed by the government
Eleribu lelayi sha. Omo ale
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by alphaNomega: 11:09pm On Nov 12, 2022
McCoy662:
Finally, fuel subsidy has been removed.
what fuçking subsidy?
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by saintopus(m): 5:42am On Nov 13, 2022
uniquelyspecial:

Sir, let us not be deceived ooo. Subsidy hasn't gone anywhere yet.

Not even when they told us it was being removed.

I agree completely with you. You can't trust politicians more especially in Nigeria.

After all it's someone's gain if subsidy stays

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo / Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout / I'm Not Married But Will Love To Be Married Soon - Natasha Hadiza Akpoti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.