Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,899 members, 7,933,322 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 01:50 AM

. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (8144 Views)

Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist / Theist Jewish Scientist Daniel Shechtman Wins 2011 Nobel Prize In Chemistry / Indaba, My Children - God's "origin" And The Sacred Tree Of Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by thehomer: 1:23pm On Aug 26, 2011
philip0906:

Ok u seem to be coming to his rescue,but lets take it step by step. . .your friend made a claim dat God is not seen physically and that no one has seen him physically,please prove it with verifiable and substantiated facts that God is not seen physically and that God has not been seen physically?
Remember the Atheist anthe?We deal with Facts and proofs. . .so waiting

Generally, we do not prove a negative. We do not show that Odin is not seen physically.
On the other hand, I wonder what you're trying to show here. Are you claiming that he is seen physically?
Re: . by philip0906(m): 1:30pm On Aug 26, 2011
thehomer:

Generally, we do not prove a negative. We do not show that Odin is not seen physically.
On the other hand, I wonder what you're trying to show here. Are you claiming that he is seen physically?
please don't beat around the bush. . .God is not seen and has not been seen physically,right?good. . .How did u come to that conclusion,dats all I asked undecided
Re: . by philip0906(m): 1:31pm On Aug 26, 2011
or better still,for you to put God in the class of negative,how did u arrive at that?
Re: . by thehomer: 1:36pm On Aug 26, 2011
philip0906:

please don't beat around the bush. . .God is not seen and has not been seen physically,right?good. . .How did u come to that conclusion,dats all I asked undecided

philip0906:

or better still,for you to put God in the class of negative,how did u arrive at that?

I'm asking whether or not you agree that he is not seen physically. Simply answer that then we can proceed.
I said we generally do not demonstrate a negative.
Re: . by philip0906(m): 1:46pm On Aug 26, 2011
thehomer:

I'm asking whether or not you agree that he is not seen physically. Simply answer that then we can proceed.
I said we generally do not demonstrate a negative.
I wonder y u guys cannot answer questions without looking 4 what 2 fall back on. . . all I want is proof to a claim dat was made.A negative?How did it arrive at being a negative?please give me proofs and stop using question 2 answer question,if u can't,then leave the question 4 its *owner*. . . undecided
Re: . by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 26, 2011
thehomer:

You've only answered one of my questions and you think I'm going too fast?
The problem with some of your questions is that I don't see how they are relevant. If they're not relevant, then my answering them will be a waste of time. The thing is that if I point out that a question is not relevant but you think it is, then you should point out why it is relevant.

On the question of logic, what is its relevance? What does logic have to do with your creator?
Sorry! You cant deem my Questions irrelevant! i dont owe you S[b]H[/b]IT! If you dont know the answer, PLS say so and stop beating about the bush! Pave way for MORE Intelligent ATHEISTS to answer the Question! BTW, where is the OP! He specifically asked for sexkillz! undecided
Re: . by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:17pm On Aug 26, 2011
philip0906:

Where is lagerwhenindoubt? he should please come and prove his claim,dat God is not seen Physically or that no one has seen God. . .

I expect you would have come around the same conclusion that a creator who imparts a miniscule of his omniscient qualities to humans automatically limits their ability to see him, which is why he is either a burning bush, white cloud of smoke, a tongue of fire or a voice in the wind. It needs no proving, no man nor science can see GOD - I bet you want to ask why again  undecided

By the way I had to dash down to DSTV office to renew my subscription and there is a lot of traffic aguda-side
Re: . by thehomer: 10:50pm On Aug 26, 2011
sexkillz:

Sorry! You cant deem my Questions irrelevant! i dont owe you S[b]H[/b]IT! If you dont know the answer, PLS say so and stop beating about the bush! Pave way for MORE Intelligent ATHEISTS to answer the Question! BTW, where is the OP! He specifically asked for sexkillz! undecided

I don't want your faeces. All I'm saying is that if your questions are relevant, simply show how they are relevant since I've pointed out that they are not relevant. I also notice that this seems to be your preferred method of evading simple and direct questions. I'm sorry you do not feel up to the basic task of admitting your deeply held beliefs. Though it could also be that you're ashamed of them. Anyways, if you don't feel intelligent enough for them, you're free to step aside.
I'm also quite certain that you too have chosen to be a sockpuppet on this forum. I really don't understand its allure.
Re: . by thehomer: 10:53pm On Aug 26, 2011
philip0906:

I wonder y u guys cannot answer questions without looking 4 what 2 fall back on. . . all I want is proof to a claim dat was made.A negative?How did it arrive at being a negative?please give me proofs and stop using question 2 answer question,if u can't,then leave the question 4 its *owner*. . . undecided

I'm not looking for what to fall back on. The basic fact is that my response depends on what your actual beliefs are. I really don't like having to guess at it so simply answer that one question and you'll get my response.
About the negative, simply read that statement again.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 27, 2011
grin grin grin grin LMAO @ thehomer. Answer the QUESTIONS Amigo! You talk too much for an ATHEIST! grin grin grin grin
Re: . by thehomer: 11:56am On Aug 27, 2011
sexkillz:

grin grin grin grin LMAO @ thehomer. Answer the QUESTIONS Amigo! You talk too much for an ATHEIST! grin grin grin grin

I'll answer if it is relevant. If you think it is relevant, then show it.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2011
grin grin When u are ready, lemme know! grin grin
Re: . by seyibrown(f): 12:49am On Aug 28, 2011
I am enjoying this discourse! grin grin grin Abeg make una carry go!
Re: . by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 28, 2011
^^^ Dem don run FINISH! grin grin grin
Re: . by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:25pm On Aug 28, 2011
sexkillz:

You must have silenced them with your questions?
Re: . by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 28, 2011
sexkillz:

dem no get answer. The atheist can only talk when he is the one asking "questions", if you do then its IRRELEVANT grin!
Re: . by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 28, 2011
This sexkillz don kraze finish. U don come here scatter ground with ur masters davidylan and co so tey u destroyed atheism on nairaland shocked
Re: . by thehomer: 7:44pm On Aug 28, 2011
seyibrown:

I am enjoying this discourse! grin grin grin Abeg make una carry go!

Unfortunately, my previous discussant has refused to show how applicable to the topic his request was.
Re: . by thehomer: 7:45pm On Aug 28, 2011
sexkillz:

Why are you patting yourself on the back? Take the time to note where we are on this discussion and show the bearing your question has to to the topic at hand.
Re: . by thehomer: 7:46pm On Aug 28, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

You must have silenced them with your questions?

Nah he didn't. He has simply failed to hold up his part of the discussion.
Re: . by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 28, 2011
davidylan:

dem no get answer. The atheist can only talk when he is the one asking "questions", if you do then its IRRELEVANT  grin!
grin grin grin grin grin And to even think they had the GUTS to call themselves INTELLIGENT! HOW PATHETIC! I've NOT even started with ATHEISTS on Nairaland! MORE TO COME! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: . by thehomer: 7:47pm On Aug 28, 2011
davidylan:

dem no get answer. The atheist can only talk when he is the one asking "questions", if you do then its IRRELEVANT  grin!

Come on davidylan go through the thread and tell me if you think that question was relevant. If you think it was, can you please show how it is relevant?
Re: . by thehomer: 7:49pm On Aug 28, 2011
Then we have the praise singer that simply has no ideas of his own. I really wonder why he is as usual unable to contribute meaningfully to threads.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 28, 2011
^^^ That's an OLD LINE! GEt a NEW ONE! Questions are MEANT to be ANSWERED!
Kindly PROVE the IRRELEVANCY of the QUESTIONS!. . . . . . . Thank You!
Re: . by thehomer: 8:09pm On Aug 28, 2011
sexkillz:

^^^ That's an OLD LINE! GEt a NEW ONE! Questions are MEANT to be ANSWERED!
Kindly PROVE the IRRELEVANCY of the QUESTIONS!. . . . . . . Thank You!

These are your questions on logic:

sexkillz:
Can another Intelligent ATHEIST answer these?

What is LOGIC?

Whose LOGIC is RIGHT?

And how do you determine who's LOGIC is right?

How did you PROVE the EXISTENCE of LOGIC

I already asked you what logic has to do with your creator. Consider it this way. If I rephrased it as:
What is Mathematics?
Whose Mathematics is right?
How do you determine who's Mathematics is right?
How did you prove the existence of Mathematics?

Now, what would be the relevance of such questions to your creator? I simply do not see the connection. This is why I've asked you several times to point out the connection.
When people are having a discussion, I don't think that it means that anything that can be phrased as a question automatically become relevant to the discussion. So simply show me the relevance so I can understand what you actually wish to know.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 28, 2011
So an ATHEISTS favorite LOGIC is now MATHEMATICS? Why dont you just QUIT dancing around with me like you ATHEISTS always do? I'm a very PROBLEMATIK DANCER! I KNOW ALL your moves! PATHETIC! undecided
Re: . by thehomer: 8:33pm On Aug 28, 2011
sexkillz:

So an ATHEISTS favorite LOGIC is now MATHEMATICS? Why dont you just QUIT dancing around with me like you ATHEISTS always do? I'm a very PROBLEMATIK DANCER! I KNOW ALL your moves! PATHETIC! undecided

How hard is it for you to show the relevance of your questions? You may go through this very thread and notice that I've answered several of your questions that were relevant without encouragement.

Once again, it seems you either do not understand what you're asking or why you're asking it because if you did, you would have been able to show its relevance.
Re: . by unphilaz(m): 8:44pm On Aug 28, 2011
hi just finished readin 'the origin of life' thanks all for d enlightenment. and looking 4ward to this discus
Re: . by unphilaz(m): 8:50pm On Aug 28, 2011
hi just finished readin 'the origin of life' thanks all for d enlightenment. and looking 4ward to this discus
Re: . by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 28, 2011
For long, it's been the preserve of the atheist to pick holes in the theist's belief and intentionally rile her by asking pointed questions not with the view to learn anything from her but to make fun of her beliefs. Looks like the theist has finally caught on to the atheist's tactics, and with Davidylan and sexkillz, and also toba cheering from the sidelines, the atheist is under pressure and playing defence. Before, the theist would give up from the atheist's barrage of questons but not these two. Davidylan and sexkillz are just plain relentless, they neva give up. Akin to a team playing Barcelona's own possession game against Barcelona themselves. Fun to watch - I mean read.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 28, 2011
Meaning the tides beginning to turn and the lazy tactics of the atheists are being exposed gradually. like i did said on my thread regarding the popularity of atheism, i thought with the rants we read from the atheism evangelists here, their population could have out grown that of the theists. its a pity, they still belong to the minority. smh. i can understand your frustration Mr atheist  embarassed
Re: . by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 28, 2011
thehomer:

Come on davidylan go through the thread and tell me if you think that question was relevant. If you think it was, can you please show how it is relevant?

lol thehomer, i have experience with the likes of you, mazaje, duduspace, therationa et al. I have NEVER seen a thread where atheists put up an exhaustive and concise defense of their stance. Atheist contribution to threads here ONLY revolves around:
a. bashing the bible and the intelligence of religionists
b. avoiding answering logical questions with escapist lines like below

i. i dont know so you tell me,
ii. that's irrelevant
iii. i wont spoonfeed you
iv. go and do your research
v. are you doubting scientists?

and so on. So thehomer i aint surprised. I see no reason why you feel sexkillz's questions are irrelevant. Except of course you are only up to your familiar tricks. So put up or shut up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How I Got Cheap Miracles, Without Fasting. / Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage / If All Human Evolves From Ape, Why Then Do We Have Apes In Existence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.