Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,901 members, 7,933,323 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 01:55 AM

. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (8145 Views)

Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist / Theist Jewish Scientist Daniel Shechtman Wins 2011 Nobel Prize In Chemistry / Indaba, My Children - God's "origin" And The Sacred Tree Of Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by thehomer: 11:29pm On Aug 28, 2011
frosbel:

I am sorry to say , but  quoting big grammar in a bid to sound on a different level intellectually is the precise reason why you may never be able to see the light !

What big grammar was quoted?

frosbel:

God is looking for people who possess the virtue of humility , people who understand with careful reasoning that this World could not have appeared out of nothing without some divine intervention.

Humility precludes my recommending yours truly as being humble but hey, God should know.

frosbel:

If it suits you to carry on with this folly then carry on , but remember only a fool will gamble with that which he cannot never recover from.

Well, tell that to a "fool" like say Sir Edmund Hillary among other "fools" who gambled with what they may not have recovered from.

frosbel:

In essence what shall a man be profited if he were to gain the whole world, its fame and acceptance, grandeur and wealth , but at the very end of a most miserable life lose his soul for an eternity of suffering.

Truly sad to say the least.

He would have profited the whole world, fame, acceptance, grandeur, wealth and lost nothing unless of course you can demonstrate this soul.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 28, 2011
thehomer:

Then for the love of your creator please show how it is relevant. If I can't see the relevance, why should I bother to answer?
thehomer! How is it not RELEVANT? Or Did you think YOU are the ONLY ONE ALLOWED TO ASK QUESTIONS? undecided shocked . . . . . . . . . . . WAKE UP AND SMELL THE DAMNED COFFEE!  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ANSWER MY QUESTIONS! undecided
Re: . by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 28, 2011
frosbel:

Surely , you are  not saying that Atheists like to repeat themselves and go round in circles like the Muslims , are you  

precisely.

frosbel:

I am sorry to say , but  quoting big grammar in a bid to sound on a different level intellectually is the precise reason why you may never be able to see the light !

bam! The most unfortunate thing is that more often than not, when they are challenged on their own claims they either get abusive or vanish.
Re: . by thehomer: 11:34pm On Aug 28, 2011
sexkillz:

thehomer! How is it not RELEVANT? Or Did you think YOU are the ONLY ONE ALLOWED TO ASK QUESTIONS? undecided shocked . . . . . . . . . . . WAKE UP AND SMELL THE DAMNED COFFEE!  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ANSWER MY QUESTIONS! undecided

Asked and answered. See below.

thehomer:
I already asked you what logic has to do with your creator. Consider it this way. If I rephrased it as:
What is Mathematics?
Whose Mathematics is right?
How do you determine who's Mathematics is right?
How did you prove the existence of Mathematics?

Now, what would be the relevance of such questions to your creator? I simply do not see the connection. This is why I've asked you several times to point out the connection.
When people are having a discussion, I don't think that it means that anything that can be phrased as a question automatically become relevant to the discussion. So simply show me the relevance so I can understand what you actually wish to know.

link
Re: . by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 28, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Sooooooooooo DUMB! I'm OUTTA HERE! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: . by manmustwac(m): 11:40pm On Aug 28, 2011
What is Gods origin? Has anyone answered the question yet?
Re: . by thehomer: 11:42pm On Aug 28, 2011
sexkillz:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Sooooooooooo DUMB! I'm OUTTA HERE! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

And here, you finally show your inability to understand or show the relevance of your own question to the topic being discussed. Its getting embarrassing trying to have a discussion with someone who is unable to understand himself.
Good bye. Don't let the door hit you.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 28, 2011
^^^God's ORIGIN is NAIRALAND! HAPPY NOW? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: . by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 28, 2011
LOGIC=MATHEMATICS! DAMN! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: . by thehomer: 11:46pm On Aug 28, 2011
manmustwac:

Hah. I guess its up to the God believers.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 28, 2011
manmustwac:

have you told us of the origin of the universe and man yet? you've had a whole thread to do that, you've been inconspicuously absent only to show up here with your recycled questions.
Re: . by thehomer: 11:50pm On Aug 28, 2011
sexkillz:

LOGIC=MATHEMATICS! DAMN! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thought you were gone. By the way, I wonder what point you're trying to make here.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 28, 2011
davidylan:

have you told us of the origin of the universe and man yet? you've had a whole thread to do that, you've been inconspicuously absent only to show up here with your recycled questions.
Dude! You disappoint me o! You forgot he is an ATHEIST? ATHEISTS & RECYCLED QUESTIONS Are SYNONYMOUS! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: . by manmustwac(m): 11:56pm On Aug 28, 2011
thehomer:

Hah. I guess its up to the God believers.
so are we just going round in circles or what?  Come on theists one simple question. One simple answer
Re: . by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 29, 2011
manmustwac:

so are we just going round in circles or what?  Come on theists one simple question. One simple answer

when are you going to answer ours too? the other thread craves your attention sir. Or do you simply "ask questions" of theists all day?
Re: . by manmustwac(m): 12:12am On Aug 29, 2011
davidylan:

so your answering my question with another question so i'll just have to assume that you don't know anything about gods origin.

Besides I prefer to read rather than post and this topic that am typing in is about gods origin not about the origin of the universe
Re: . by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 29, 2011
manmustwac:

so your answering my question with another question so i'll just have to assume that you don't know anything about gods origin.

Besides I prefer to read rather than post and this topic that am typing in is about gods origin not about the origin of the universe

no you'll just have to realise we're tired of reading the same recycled question all the time. Atheists "prefered to read" when they cant handle the questions then suddenly develop an urge to post when its time to appear "smart" with the questions designed primarily to mock than gain knowledge.
Re: . by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:53am On Aug 29, 2011
manmustwac:

Assuming God's origin cannot be proven therefore He does not exist. Can we also conclude that the universe and life does not exist because their origins cannot be proven?
Re: . by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:04am On Aug 29, 2011
Is this thread still alive. I asked a far less controversial question and all I keep getting are recycled questions. Nobody wants to admit that some things are still a mystery. If a stranger comes to town and u r at a loss as to his origin, the next question would be why is he here? What is the creator's purpose? Let us assume no one knows the creator's origin. Per chance he exists. To what purpose?
Please an answer or a simple I do not kno the answer is acceptable.

When you answer a question with another question you imply it is within your purview to know. A thread this long is a waste of precious storage space with little value if we leave here no better than we started (just like hundreds of similar threads)
Re: . by thehomer: 5:20pm On Aug 29, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Assuming God's origin cannot be proven therefore He does not exist. Can we also conclude that the universe and life does not exist because their origins cannot be proven?

The question is whether you know what God's origin is. If you don't know, you're free to say so.
Re: . by thehomer: 5:22pm On Aug 29, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Is this thread still alive. I asked a far less controversial question and all I keep getting are recycled questions. Nobody wants to admit that some things are still a mystery. If a stranger comes to town and u r at a loss as to his origin, the next question would be why is he here? What is the creator's purpose? Let us assume no one knows the creator's origin. Per chance he exists. To what purpose?
Please an answer or a simple I do not kno the answer is acceptable.

When you answer a question with another question you imply it is within your purview to know. A thread this long is a waste of precious storage space with little value if we leave here no better than we started (just like hundreds of similar threads)

Another question to hammer these God believers with. You will notice that while they are unable to give answers, they are also unwilling to show their ignorance which is a double tragedy.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 29, 2011
The MOST LOGICAL ANSWER to "The ORIGIN of the CREATOR" Lies in the ANSWER to "The ORIGIN of TIME"! So can our ALL wise, intellectual homo sapiens in the forum a.k.a ATHEISTS Provide us with the ANSWER to "the ORIGIN of TIME"? smiley

Re: . by macayub(m): 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2011
Computer program is asking for the origin of the programmer!
Re: . by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 29, 2011
macayub:

[size=17pt]Computer program is asking for the origin of the programmer![/size]
grin grin grin grin grin The GUYS them toooooo FUNNY! grin grin grin
Re: . by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 29, 2011
thehomer:

Another[b] question to hammer these God believers with[/b]. You will notice that while they are unable to give answers, they are also unwilling to show their ignorance which is a double tragedy.

So obviously your point isnt really to debate logically but merely to "hammer god believers". Such a disgrace. Little wonder every question directed at you is greeted with the "hey thats irrelevant" BS.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 29, 2011
macayub:

lagerwhenindoubt, as a computer program, would like to find out why the programmer exists. I suppose it must include the ability to write programs no?
Re: . by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2011
^^^ More like, CAN A PROGRAMMER BE PROGRAMMED? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: . by thehomer: 6:55pm On Aug 29, 2011
sexkillz:

The MOST LOGICAL ANSWER to "The ORIGIN of the CREATOR" Lies in the ANSWER to "The ORIGIN of TIME"! So can our ALL wise, intellectual homo sapiens in the forum a.k.a ATHEISTS Provide us with the ANSWER to "the ORIGIN of TIME"? smiley

This is the most logical answer? Wow.
You're asked what is the origin of the creator? You claim the answer lies in the origin of time? This is a roundabout way of making us wonder the relevance of what you're saying because time as we know it has a physical basis and it proceeded with the expansion of the universe. So, what does this creator have to do with it? Does this creator also have a physical basis?
Do you know the origin of this creator? Was he also spawned from the expansion of the universe? You could answer with a yes, no or don't know.
Re: . by Enigma(m): 6:57pm On Aug 29, 2011
davidylan:

So obviously your point isnt really to debate logically but merely to "hammer god believers". Such a disgrace. Little wonder every question directed at you is greeted with the "hey thats irrelevant" BS.

Why do you think they are called evangelical atheists?
Re: . by Jenwitemi(m): 7:08pm On Aug 29, 2011
Abi o! wink grin
macayub:

Re: . by thehomer: 7:11pm On Aug 29, 2011
davidylan:

Don't you know that debating or discussing logically and rationally with God believers on issues concerning their God basically hammers them into a corner with that deer in the headlights look or behaviour? You should because they do it a lot.
Again, when I point out that a question is irrelevant, you then need to show that it is relevant.
Re: . by Jenwitemi(m): 7:11pm On Aug 29, 2011
sexkillz:

^^^ More like, CAN A PROGRAMMER BE PROGRAMMED? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin
Yes. A programmer can be programmed by his programmer who is above him/her/they/it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage / If All Human Evolves From Ape, Why Then Do We Have Apes In Existence? / Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.