Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,710 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:26 PM

Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana (25922 Views)

Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball / Jose Gimenez In Tears As Uruguay Crash Out Of 2018 World Cup (Photos) / Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by Ungodly: 7:29am On Dec 02, 2022
But it’s the harsh truth.
Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by Jpblessed(m): 7:29am On Dec 02, 2022
sukkot:
i hope not. i hope Ghana and cameroon win so we have 4 african teams. an african team may just win the world cup this year. its a high probability
cameroon is completely out of the equation and ghana under probability, the other two in the round of 16 got a tough draw, this might not be an african world cup after all, am an african but also a realist.
Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by spartachico(m): 7:33am On Dec 02, 2022
he committed a foul and he was punished for it and why should he apologize for that ,i mean he is a patriot ,he saved his nation and Gyan couldnt do the same for his nation ,these african journalist and bloggers should stop this foolish entitlement act, abi shey dem don add entitle act to african countries constitution, tori koye mi moo

1 Like

Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by sukkot: 7:33am On Dec 02, 2022
Jpblessed:
cameroon is completely out of the equation and ghana under probability, the other two in the round of 16 got a tough draw, this might not be an african world cup after all, am an african but also a realist.
nah see brazil already has 6 oints so they would be fielding their second team and resting their first team against cameroon. am telling you this just may be africas year
Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by Unbreakable007: 7:36am On Dec 02, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
Why I personally will encourage His Excellence, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, not to extend a hand of fellowship with Peter Obi and Atiku, when he becomes president of The Federal Republic of Nigeria.

They knew they were against a demigod who was greater than them, and still had effrontery to contest.

Asiwaju will have to do without Atiku and Obi!

If u like vote the right or the wrong person, but for the sake of ya born or unborn children just vote wisely.... In anyway the government will still favor me � I work in fed. Level and my salary is okay and non negotiable.
Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by wiseone28: 7:36am On Dec 02, 2022
sukkot:
i hope not. i hope Ghana and cameroon win so we have 4 african teams. an african team may just win the world cup this year. its a high probability
Such country for declare one month of work free day
Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by sukkot: 7:37am On Dec 02, 2022
Excallibur:
thing is that Ghanians will never support Nigeria
i dont care about that. for me its COLOR over tribalism. am looking at the bigger picture. a win for ghana is a win for the black race. i would rather win the global racial war than try to win a regional tribal war. us brothers will sort our issues later but for now we go conquer the white race. after we conquer the white race then we can resume our petty tribal fighting cheesy

1 Like

Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by wiseone28: 7:38am On Dec 02, 2022
What's the fuss about that match as if Ghana would have win the cup then

1 Like

Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by sukkot: 7:39am On Dec 02, 2022
wiseone28:
Such country for declare one month of work free day
grin grin grin grin its a continental holiday ooooo for the whole african continent if it happens
Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by wiseone28: 7:40am On Dec 02, 2022
sukkot:
i dont care about that. for me its COLOR over tribalism. am looking at the bigger picture. a win for ghana is a win for the black race. i would rather win the global racial war than try to win a regional tribal war. us brothers will sort our issues later but for now we go conquer the white race. after we conquer the white race then we can resume our petty tribal fighting cheesy
Its a win for Ghana not for Africa..

Maybe probably your family too.

Africa is not a country but a continent with different countries.

1 Like

Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by wiseone28: 7:41am On Dec 02, 2022
sukkot:
grin grin grin grin its a continental holiday ooooo for the whole african continent if it happens
Not Africa please

Other countries may be happy for them but the bragging rights will be for that country.
Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by Emyogalanya: 7:43am On Dec 02, 2022
sylve11:
Apologise for what na?

No difference between the offence he commited and any other booking offence.

I'd like to see Ghana progress to the next round, anyway. cool

most of u saying this will not say so if it was against Nigeria he did that. Nigerians still hate yakubu ayiegbeni for his miss against Greece
Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by sukkot: 7:44am On Dec 02, 2022
wiseone28:
Its a win for Ghana not for Africa..

Maybe probably your family too.

Africa is not a country but a continent with different countries.
its a win for the black man. you can put your chest out while walking in europe and when football is being spoken you can say yes ghana won the world cup. but then again i dont expect anyone who has never travelled to a white country to understand why you have to support the bigger fight of a black country winning as opposed to focusing on your little tribal squabbles. only people who have lived in white countries can understand this bigger picture

1 Like

Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by madjune(m): 7:45am On Dec 02, 2022
There's no need for all this apology drama.

Suarez acted true to nature of the typical South American footballer.

They believe in winning by hook or crook.
To them, soccer is not for the gentleman. Ask Maradona.

Anyway, the evolution of VAR is there to make sure the world cup never returns to South America.

Check well, in all these years, from Argentina to Brazil and dem dem; their paths to victory were mostly marred by controversies and irregularities.

Very soon, they will start campaigning against VAR.
Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by sukkot: 7:47am On Dec 02, 2022
wiseone28:
Not Africa please

Other countries may be happy for them but the bragging rights will be for that country.
listen the bragging rights is for every black skin person in the world. seems you people are unaware that white people secretly have a war with you and it cuts across all facets of life including sports. if germany wins the world cup all white people deep down are happy that a white country won. i suggest you develop that attitude. its a global racial war out here. white vs black. act like you know
Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by SpatialKing(m): 7:51am On Dec 02, 2022
Why should he apologize?

1 Like

Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by elmagnifico411(m): 7:52am On Dec 02, 2022
Apology oshi wo niyen?? Ghanaians would wait till thy kingdom come for his apology. Suarez desperately saved his team, got red carded, Ghana got a penalty in the process, and Asamoah Gyan stupidly threw the chance away. Nonsense. Asamoah Gyan should be the one to apologize to his people for throwing that chance (penalty) away, not Suarez that tried everything possible to save his team.

1 Like

Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by princewarri1985: 7:56am On Dec 02, 2022
ogbiwa:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63821327
i side with suarez on this one, let the past stay in the past! Ghana should go all out and take their revenge on the field of play just like their africa brothers morocco did, there is no need crying over spilled milk.
Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by Judolisco(m): 8:03am On Dec 02, 2022
Fidinno:
How time flies, it's now 12 years ago...
I Don old gan bdat
Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by paradigmshift(m): 8:04am On Dec 02, 2022
ArchiLimited:
His apology will not overturn the match Ghana lost. Besides he was sent off and penalty awarded to Ghana. It wasn't his fault they missed it. Abeg these guys knocked us out of the world cup so I got no love for them abeg
next world cup una no go still qualify..
Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by paradigmshift(m): 8:06am On Dec 02, 2022
sukkot:
Cameron needs to leave . Wish Ghana d best
Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by paradigmshift(m): 8:06am On Dec 02, 2022
Madmazel99:
The reason why I never liked this guy. Despite him been a good player.
who cares

1 Like

Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by vivalavida(m): 8:06am On Dec 02, 2022
thesicilian:
What's there to apologize for? He committed a foul and his team was penalized with a penalty, in addition to his personal punishment of a red card. What more do they want?
The Ghanaian player that missed the penalty should be the one apologizing to his country.

Double standards is when people praise one player (Maradona) for scoring a goal with his hands, with the goal not cancelled and player not penalised in any way, and criticize another player (Suarez) for stopping a goal with his hand despite being red carded and penalty awarded.

I remember the Uruguayan president calling it the hand of God. Lmao

1 Like

Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by phemmyfour: 8:07am On Dec 02, 2022
ArchiLimited:
His apology will not overturn the match Ghana lost. Besides he was sent off and penalty awarded to Ghana. It wasn't his fault they missed it. Abeg these guys knocked us out of the world cup so I got no love for them abeg
Apology not needed. He was sent off

Ghana got a penalty and Gyan missed

In the shoot out, Ghana blew another chance to win the game. They should let Suarez be
Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by Bluntemperor: 8:12am On Dec 02, 2022
ArchiLimited:

You wouldn't make a good judge,if you continue like this!
-what is bad is bad,why supporting evil!
-Suarez cannot be counted a good personality or a good leader and since that defects is in him, would you like to be like him?
- check his character, even biting his teammates is a big minus,now using his hand to stop a clear goals,is disgusting and surely, Uruguay ,as a Nation will not praise him for such default! Remember,some behaviours are not International acceptable and don't be part!
.we must learn not to support unbridled characters,as apparent as this. This is one of the leadership problems in our Country- KO Kan mi(e no concerns me)!
Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by thesicilian: 8:12am On Dec 02, 2022
Madmazel99:
The reason why I never liked this guy. Despite him been a good player.
Would you have hated a Nigerian player doing exactly the same thing?
Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by Bluntemperor: 8:13am On Dec 02, 2022
ArchiLimited:

You wouldn't make a good judge,if you continue like this!
-what is bad is bad,why supporting evil!
-Suarez cannot be counted a good personality or a good leader and since that defects is in him, would you like to be like him?
- check his character, even biting his teammates is a big minus,now using his hand to stop a clear goals,is disgusting and surely, Uruguay will not praise him for such default! Remember,some behaviours are not International acceptable and don't be part!
.we must learn not to support unbridled characters,as apparent as this. This is one of the leadership problems in our Country- KO Kan mi(e no concerns me)!
Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by thesicilian: 8:14am On Dec 02, 2022
phemmyfour:
Apology not needed. He was sent off

Ghana got a penalty and Gyan missed

In the shoot out, Ghana blew another chance to win the game. They should let Suarez be
It's because people always love to blame others for their own shortcomings
Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by Chinoval: 8:17am On Dec 02, 2022
sukkot:
Even if Ghana qualifies,they are likely to face Brazil in the round of 16
Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by sukkot: 8:19am On Dec 02, 2022
Chinoval:
Even if Ghana qualifies,they are likely to face Brazil in the round of 16
its football anything can happen. i believe in ghana. i believe in the ayew brothers
Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by Ashirioluwa: 8:19am On Dec 02, 2022
But to apologize for what? Ghana was awarded penalty because of what this guy did therefore I don’t understand why people are demanding for apology from him
Re: Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana by Kentuforchrist(m): 8:20am On Dec 02, 2022
sukkot:

Lol Cameroon can’t beat Brazil oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okocha Graces Europa League Game Between Former Clubs Fenerbahce, Frankfurt / PSG offered Neymar to Manchester United but they turned him down / Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.