Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,198 members, 7,873,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:29 PM

Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples (25923 Views)

UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples / Kenya Finally Legalises Polygamy, Criminalises Homosexuality As Kenyatta Signs L / Villagers In Indonesia Killed 300 Crocodile After One Killed A Man(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by shegzhkn: 8:01am On Dec 07, 2022
Gerrard59:

So, because they have SWF, they should spend yanfu-yanfu without thinking of expanding it till thy kingdom come? By expansion, this means diversifying the economy. By diversification, you relax or outlaw some of the draconian laws in the society so that sectors that will deal with foreigners can thrive, employ people and pay taxes.

No wonder Amaechi, Fashola and Oshiolmole pressurised Jonathan to squander the ECA and back out from creating a SWF.

You people deserve the politicians you get.

Lol, @ bolded what if I told you I'm an American.

Was just asking you a question.
Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by CBR100: 8:01am On Dec 07, 2022
Gerrard59:

Jordan is supported by the Israelis, so I don't know why you mentioned the country.

Lebanon, doing well for herself? You have the Internet. Google about the country, and you would notice she started failing economically when she adopted hardline Islamist ideologies. Nigeria is doing better than Lebanon economically and will become terrible the moment she adopts hardline Islamic ideologies. All the states that adopted Sharia are poorer than ever before.

As for the rest of North African countries, none has adopted this hardline ideology. Not Morocco or Tunisia or Egypt. Countries that rely on tourism cannot institute these policies. Isn't that a reason Egyptians kicked out the Muslim Brotherhood? Even Maldives at a point, wanted to do the same, but she backed out seeing the revenues obtained from tourists and how religious laws will scare away people and hinder development.

Please do a bit of elementary economics before mentioning me when we discuss the economy

I laugh isreal backing jordan economy (I laugh u no current for froeign issues at all)

na isreal also dey back Bahrain and egypt economy abi
Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by Gerrard59(m): 8:06am On Dec 07, 2022
CBR100:

I will pick kebbi over enugu, abia, imo 100 times

(am from southwest and I see no reason to move)

if am offer a job and am asking to pick the branch I will lyk to stay I will pick kano over anambra (and I will pick Saudi over UK)

u lol will talking as if God as canceled all sins (as if there is no DAY OF JUDGMENT)

From a simple search, you are a Muslim, so no point in taking this discourse further. And yes, sensible Egyptians kicked out the Muslim Brotherhood because of draconian Islamic laws. Bahrain is a smaller Qatar. Until oil ceases to exist, the UAE specifically Dubai is king and way more prosperous.

No compulsion in religion yet he supports a religious law that seeks to kill atheists. grin
Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by CBR100: 8:12am On Dec 07, 2022
Gerrard59:

From a simple search, you are a Muslim, so no point in taking this discourse further. And yes, sensible Egyptians kicked out the Muslim Brotherhood because of draconian Islamic laws. Bahrain is a smaller Qatar. Until oil ceases to exist, the UAE specifically Dubai is king and way more prosperous.

No compulsion in religion yet he supports a religious law that seeks to kill atheists. grin

I can bet it , u don't know much about muslim brotherhood, and y the arabs (gulf state bar qatar) are against them
we have salafi dat control the gulf countries and we have muslim brotherhood dat want to take advantage of Arab spring to claim power (and nearly all Arabs country dey have been outlaw)

most rich gulf countries if not all are salaf

Muslim brotherhood are joke when it comes to religion compare to the salaf
Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by Eniitankorede: 9:58am On Dec 07, 2022
Gerrard59:

The Vatican is a theocratic state that relies on revenues obtained from Catholic Church-dominated countries. She is even a city-state, so poor comparison. As for the UAE and specifically Dubai, she is richer than other Emirates within the country (excluding oil revenues), and this is solely as a result of relaxing her laws. Last year, she removed the law against the opposite sex sleeping together in a hotel room. Before then, the law was not implemented. Today, Saudi Arabia is emulating her by relaxing Islamic laws to increase tourists other than Hajj related. For Qatar, hs is only prosperous due to the high revenues from LNG exports and its small population. Should oil cease today, only the UAE can thrive economically and maintain its HDIndices.

Again, religious laws tend to make countries backwards. Why are states in Northern Nigeria so poor? How can the likes of Sokoto and Zamfara attract skilled people to live and work when Deborah was brutally butchered? You, religious people, think everything is by the Bible or Koran. If the laws are implemented 100%, most of you will begin to complain. Today, people wish to relocate to countries with no religious laws. If religious laws endear development, how come many are not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia or Qatar compared to Belgium or Canada?

Give me your excuses for Iran
Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by SIRTee15: 11:12am On Dec 07, 2022
oloyedewaris:

What about churches that join LGBTQ couples

What's my business with that? A church is a private institution, it doesn't represent me. There are churches of Satan....so?
Thousands of churches including African churches don't recognize LGBQT, that one or two churches decide to go against the faith doesn't represent Christianity.
I repeat, learn about Christianity, we are different from Islam.
Islam practice faith by compulsion with a strong inclination towards political control.
That's why every woman in a muslim country must wear hijab even when their mind says no. That's why whoever leaves Islam is threatened with death. The spirit doesn't matter, so long as the body comply with the rules Islam is good to go. The words of the imam is final and shouldn't be challenged.
In Christianity, it's the work of the spirit that count, it's an individual race and the verdict of the church counts for nothing.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by Magce: 1:08pm On Dec 07, 2022
Vacancy vacancy vacancy

Experienced dispatch bike riders are needed in a logistics company at the mainland (Agege) for immediate employment.

Pay is very attractive

Send a dm 08060748810, 08138253528, 08099448508 if interested or refer someone who might possibly be interested

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

North Korea Tests Nuclear Missile Capable Of Hitting Continental Areas Of USA / Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan / Gunmen Attack Places Of Worship In Russia. 9 Dead, 25 Injured! (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.