Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,237 members, 7,904,083 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 08:16 AM

Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? (4463 Views)

Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! / Atheists: We Need To Know Your Guiding Principles / The Logic Behind the Idea of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by globexl: 4:45am On Aug 30, 2011
You sound like the person that time forgot. You seem to have a big problem with science. In this age? Sorry. Science is bad for your business. The busines of forcing stone age myths down the minds of people, intimidating with fear of god, and then pick their pockets. That's what it has always been about. The pocket, the wallet, the money.

1 Like

Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by globexl: 6:29am On Aug 30, 2011
@davidylan: And let me point out to you, that athiesm is not about belief in evolution or in whatever way humans and the universe emerged. Their are thousands of scientist in various deciplines exploring and asking questions about human origins and the emergence of the universe itself.
As an athiest or watever u want to call me, I just prefer the theory of evolution(deduced by scientific logic) as a MORE PLAUSIBLE explanation of the origins of life than story told by unknown stone age nomads who did not know about atoms nor did they know that germs were the causes of disease. It is just a preference. You prefer to listen to and accept the words of the unanimous ghost writers of Genesis and I prefer modern scientific  logic. Can it get any simpler than that?
NB: And by way, the book of Genesis is just a plagerised and abreviated version of a much older and much broader Babylonian creation epic called the Enuma Elish. This ancient Mesopotamian text predates the bible by thousands of years. The translated versions are  available at bookstores or you can order it from Amazon.
The ancient Hebrews studied and copied from this book and others  when they were exiled in Babylon around 650BC. That was when the old testament books were compiled. All that the hebrew priests  had tp do was to simply substitute the Babylonian Deities Marduk and Nebu  with their own god Yahweh, and bingo, you have the infallible word of god.  wink

Actually, the Babylonian tales seem to make more sense because it explains all the contradictions in genesis. The Babylonian myth explain that there were multiple  groups of gods and that they created man as a slave race to tend to their needs.(let US create man in OUR IMAGE AND LIKENESS).  
Just google Enuma Elish, Attra Hasis and Arra Apos or Erra Epos
to learn.
I'm not trying to convert you or change your mind, but to show you some facts about the origins of  the beliefs you hold so tightly or should I say, hold you so tightly.

Almost every book in the old testament ,especially, genesis, Job, Psalms and proverbs were plagerised from both Egyptian and Babylonian sources. I have found the lord's prayer in an Egytian Hymn to RA that predates Chritianity by at least 6,000 yrs. The entire proverbs is to be found in a the Egyptian book of the dead , titled the precepts of PTAH-HOTEP written and compliled about 6000 to 10000 yrs ago. Ptah was the first and supreme Egyptian god. He was refered to as the father. It is from the word Ptah that we get the name Peter and the order of the fathers. In essence, the roman fathers(catholic priests) are in actuall fact,  priests of Ptah, the god most high.Getting my drift?
The books of Job, Issaih, Ezekeil and revelation have been found to have been each written by several different authors during different eras.
These are historical facts that anyone can easily verify.
Happy reading.

1 Like

Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 30, 2011
globexl:

You sound like the person that time forgot. You seem to have a big problem with science. In this age? Sorry. Science is bad for your business. The busines of forcing stone age myths down the minds of people, intimidating with fear of god, and then pick their pockets. That's what it has always been about. The pocket, the wallet, the money.

lol all these brain-dead non-scientists spouting about their love for "science" . . . u know that part that provides them with a tenuous faith that God doesnt exist. I'm a scientist in real life, what part of science do you know?
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by harakiri(m): 10:45am On Aug 30, 2011
globexl:

@davidylan: And let me point out to you, that athiesm is not about belief in evolution or in whatever way humans and the universe emerged. Their are thousands of scientist in various deciplines exploring and asking questions about human origins and the emergence of the universe itself.
As an athiest or watever u want to call me, I just prefer the theory of evolution(deduced by scientific logic) as a MORE PLAUSIBLE explanation of the origins of life than story told by unknown stone age nomads who did not know about atoms nor did they know that germs were the causes of disease. It is just a preference. You prefer to listen to and accept the words of the unanimous ghost writers of Genesis and I prefer modern scientific  logic. Can it get any simpler than that?
NB: And by way, the book of Genesis is just a plagerised and abreviated version of a much older and much broader Babylonian creation epic called the Enuma Elish. This ancient Mesopotamian text predates the bible by thousands of years. The translated versions are  available at bookstores or you can order it from Amazon.
The ancient Hebrews studied and copied from this book and others  when they were exiled in Babylon around 650BC. That was when the old testament books were compiled. All that the hebrew priests  had tp do was to simply substitute the Babylonian Deities Marduk and Nebu  with their own god Yahweh, and bingo, you have the infallible word of god.  wink

Actually, the Babylonian tales seem to make more sense because it explains all the contradictions in genesis. The Babylonian myth explain that there were multiple  groups of gods and that they created man as a slave race to tend to their needs.(let US create man in OUR IMAGE AND LIKENESS).  
Just google Enuma Elish, Attra Hasis and Arra Apos or Erra Epos
to learn.
I'm not trying to convert you or change your mind, but to show you some facts about the origins of  the beliefs you hold so tightly or should I say, hold you so tightly.

Almost every book in the old testament ,especially, genesis, Job, Psalms and proverbs were plagerised from both Egyptian and Babylonian sources. I have found the lord's prayer in an Egytian Hymn to RA that predates Chritianity by at least 6,000 yrs. The entire proverbs is to be found in a the Egyptian book of the dead , titled the precepts of PTAH-HOTEP written and compliled about 6000 to 10000 yrs ago. Ptah was the first and supreme Egyptian god. He was refered to as the father. It is from the word Ptah that we get the name Peter and the order of the fathers. In essence, the roman fathers(catholic priests) are in actuall fact,  priests of Ptah, the god most high.Getting my drift?
The books of Job, Issaih, Ezekeil and revelation have been found to have been each written by several different authors during different eras.
These are historical facts that anyone can easily verify.
Happy reading.

Did you notice that the poster before me didn't even acknowledge any of the bible rip offs you talked about? That's just how it is. Pathetic!
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by harakiri(m): 10:50am On Aug 30, 2011
alaper:

Everybody was born an atheist!!!!!!   It is the indoctrination children get from their parents that turn them into religion.  Sometimes the indoctrination descends to the level of child abuse - the koranic school or madrassas, the sunday schools where stone age myths are drummed into the poor child's brain repeatedly until it becomes second nature.  Very few are brave enough after that to even challenge the basis of these myths because of the fear built into the faith system.  I am happy I have been able to break free of religion.  Another note: You don't need to understand evolution to free yourself of religion.

Thank you so so so much for that. A lot of these theists assume that if you aren't talking about evolution, then there is NO WAY you can be an atheist. What really bugs me about this is that some of these people are normal rational thinking (and some are quite intelligent people) but when it comes to their religion, all common sense is thrown out of the window and they start ranting like over grown toddlers who need their suckers back. Utterly pathetic! ! !

1 Like

Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Purist(m): 11:11am On Aug 30, 2011
Lately, there seems to be this rampant misconception here on Nairaland that every atheist (or non-religious person) is an evolutionist (or believes in evolution) by default.  I wonder where that came from.

I, for one, unsubscribed from religion long before I had any idea what the theory of evolution was even about.  That being said, the evolution theory is indeed substantially more plausible than any of the creationist cock and bull I've seen in religious texts.
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by harakiri(m): 11:43am On Aug 30, 2011
Purist:

Lately, there seems to be this rampant misconception here on Nairaland that every atheist (or non-religious person) is an evolutionist (or believes in evolution) by default.  I wonder where that came from.

I, for one, unsubscribed from religion long before I had any idea what the theory of evolution was even about.  That being said, the evolution theory is indeed substantially more plausible than any of the creationist cock and bull I've seen in religious texts.

You right and it's really tiring. Personally, i noticed that false assumption started flying around when DAVIDYLAN began using his lab tech (or whatever position) as "proof" that the Christian god exists and he knows a lot about science to prove this "fact" and still. . .he's yet to explain how he evolved from SAND and ribs! ! ! The pawns such as toba and sexkillz jumped the bandwagon with little or zero knowledge of what they're talking about.
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by globexl: 2:28pm On Aug 30, 2011
davidylan:

lol all these brain-dead non-scientists spouting about their love for "science" . . . u know that part that provides them with a tenuous faith that God doesnt exist. I'm a scientist in real life, what part of science do you know?

@davidyna: I do not need any specialized scientific knowlegde to repudiate the Judeo-Christian myths of creation and devinity. I was sceptical and suspicious of religion from the age of 7 and I searched and asked questions in vain for anything tangible and common sense to sustain my belief and fear of this god up until the age of 16 when I finally divorced myself from religious faith and then threw them in the garbage.
I have never said that god does not exist. That would be equally dogmatic. God exist for those that believe it. What I and others have been arguing is that those that believe in the existence of god do so merely on blind faith because there has been no evidence provided to back up that belief. Historically, every society moulds and fashions their various gods according their traditions, needs, fears and their prejudices .That , for me, is sufficient evidence that the idea of god originates from the mind.
That' is why each religious sect has it's own flavour depending on the mindset of its founder.
Going to church in Nigeria, I notice that kind and compassionate preachers will preach about the love and compassion of god, wicked and hateful preachers will preach about damnation and the wrath of god, manipulative preachers will preach about how the devil is coming to get u unless you do this or that, greedy preachers will preach about how god needs your money in order to shower you with blessings.
I say with great conviction that god is a creation of the the mind.
It is you who has something to prove.
If however, in the years to come, scientific evidence leads us back to the garden of eden, then so be it. I , for one, will be very happy to see the fruit of the long search for god.

The main difference with you and I, between atheist and theist ,is that we prefer to arrive at god's doorstep via scientific logic and deduction rather than by the convoluted and schitzophrenic logic of blind faith.
Need I say any more?
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 30, 2011
globexl:

@davidyna: I do not need any specialized scientific knowlegde to repudiate the Judeo-Christian myths of creation and devinity. I was sceptical and suspicious of religion from the age of 7 and I searched and asked questions in vain for anything tangible and common sense to sustain my belief and fear of this god up until the age of 16 when I finally divorced myself from religious faith and then threw them in the garbage.

At the age of 7? Yeah dude i'm sure complex reasoning made sense to you then.

globexl:

I have never said that god does not exist. That would be equally dogmatic. God exist for those that believe it. What I and others have been arguing is that those that believe in the existence of god do so merely on blind faith because there has been no evidence provided to back up that belief.

and your proof of this is? Nobody is compelled to provide any proof/evidence to you. If you're this interested maybe you should do your own digging

globexl:

Historically, every society moulds and fashions their various gods according their traditions, needs, fears and their prejudices .That , for me, is sufficient evidence that the idea of god originates from the mind.
That' is why each religious sect has it's own flavour depending on the mindset of its founder.
Going to church in Nigeria, I notice that kind and compassionate preachers will preach about the love and compassion of god, wicked and hateful preachers will preach about damnation and the wrath of god, manipulative preachers will preach about how the devil is coming to get u unless you do this or that, greedy preachers will preach about how god needs your money in order to shower you with blessings.
I say with great conviction that god is a creation of the the mind.

All this is speculation.

globexl:

It is you who has something to prove.

hmm why? To believe is not by force.

globexl:

If however, in the years to come, scientific evidence leads us back to the garden of eden, then so be it. I , for one, will be very happy to see the fruit of the long search for god.

and why do you have so much "faith" that science can do this?

globexl:

The main difference with you and I, between atheist and theist ,is that we prefer to arrive at god's doorstep via scientific logic and deduction rather than by the convoluted and schitzophrenic logic of blind faith.
Need I say any more?

that's not true. What many of you call scientific logic is simply metaphysics.
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by LoveKing(m): 3:36pm On Aug 30, 2011
@davidylan

do you think forcing your views @globexl will help? its like trying too hard to show you are better of. like you have the ultimate truth. abeg slow down, no man is a saint. everything we believe are mixtures of different flaws so thats why each of us think what we know is the truth. so if you are a human being, why must i believe you, let me wallow in my own thinking.
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by harakiri(m): 3:37pm On Aug 30, 2011
I'm still awaiting a comprehensive explanation concerning how mankind evolved from SAND! ! !
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:57pm On Aug 30, 2011
it is getting really worn out this scenario, it is not even a Theists vs. Atheists, it is Pentecostals Vs. Atheists  shocked It gets truly inane and utterly cuckoo if you'd ask me.

[Edited]
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 30, 2011
LoveKing:

@davidylan

do you think forcing your views @globexl will help? its like trying too hard to show you are better of. like you have the ultimate truth. abeg slow down, no man is a saint. everything we believe are mixtures of different flaws so thats why each of us think what we know is the truth. so if you are a human being, why must i believe you, let me wallow in my own thinking.

These are just a few examples of my responses to globexl - hmm why? To believe is not by force. Why are you "fighting back"? Why is this a war in the first place? Is anyone forcing stone age ideas down your head? Did anyone drag you away from bed to this place? Why are you here? Forced to listen to stone age tales?

So exactly how am i err "forcing my views" on globexl? you mean i'm not kowtowing to his line?

Are you sure you have the intellectual capacity to understand what you read or have you appeared here with predetermined talking points?
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by globexl: 6:47pm On Aug 30, 2011
@ davidylan: I wrote that I was sceptical and suspicious of religion from abt the age of 7. That healthy sceptism fed my lifelong interest in religion.
If you see scientific logic and deduction as metaphysics, then no problem. But its is very very laughable. It's deja vu all over gain. Science has always been labeled as witchcraft , metaphysicst, occult magic, etc by church men of yore, so am shocked that people like u still hold such antiquated views.
Do you know that every leap in scientific knowledge started out as great heresies? Yes.
When the Wright Brothers were pioneering air flight, the religious establishment at the time sounded their opposition by citing that " If god wanted us to fly in the air like birds, he would have given us wings to do so". Just imagine if humanity had headed that warning from churchmen. Just imagine.
So, I gladly cast my lot with this metaphysics that you refer to.
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 30, 2011
globexl:

@ davidylan: I wrote that I was sceptical and suspicious of religion from abt the age of 7. That healthy sceptism fed my lifelong interest in religion.
If you see scientific logic and deduction as metaphysics, then no problem. But its is very very laughable. It's deja vu all over gain. Science has always been labeled as witchcraft , metaphysicst, occult magic, etc by church men of yore, so am shocked that people like u still hold such antiquated views.
Do you know that every leap in scientific knowledge started out as great heresies? Yes.
When the Wright Brothers were pioneering air flight, the religious establishment at the time sounded their opposition by citing that " If god wanted us to fly in the air like birds, he would have given us wings to do so". Just imagine if humanity had headed that warning from churchmen. Just imagine.
So, I gladly cast my lot with this metaphysics that you refer to.

you're quite daft.
1. i am a scientist and i'm a firm believer in scientific logic and reasoning. Are you one or another lazy person who merely borrows from the arguments of otehrs?
2. however i do not subscribe to the Pseudo-science (evolution, origin of life e.t.c.) that many intellectually bereft atheists like you use as a claok to hide your own spiritual unclothedness.
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by harakiri(m): 6:54pm On Aug 30, 2011
davidylan:

you're quite daft.
1. i am a scientist and i'm a firm believer in scientific logic and reasoning. Are you one or another lazy person who merely borrows from the arguments of otehrs?
2. however i do not subscribe to the Pseudo-science (evolution, origin of life e.t.c.) that many intellectually bereft atheists like you use as a claok to hide your own spiritual unclothedness.

The dress-wearing-secretary turned lab attendant is speaking.
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by globexl: 7:45pm On Aug 30, 2011
And I guess you are spiritually clothed because you believe in 6 days(24hrs each) of creation? the creation of day and night before the creation of the sun and moon? the creation dumb animals for man's dominion and then the appearance of the talking snake?
You are spiritually clothed because you believe all this ? wow.
You have exposed your nyash. You have leaped from creation to write about another person's spiritual emptiness. What a cop out. Well , spiritual blackmail has has always been the universal currency of churchmen. Churchmen do not have claim to spiritual superiority or purity. that claim is by far the biggest fraud ever sold. that is what you are just trying to sell at this monent.Actaully , it is the spiritual emptiness in you that lashes out at people who repudiate your cosy little fairy tales. Truth needs no elaborate defence. Truth needs no embelishments. When I see people like you lashing out, I understand wat you are going through and wat you are trying to defend:
Your own taylor-made truth.
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 30, 2011
globexl:

And I guess you are spiritually clothed because you believe in 6 days(24hrs each) of creation? the creation of day and night before the creation of the sun and moon? the creation dumb animals for man's dominion and then the appearance of the talking snake?
You are spiritually clothed because you believe all this ? wow.
You have exposed your nyash. You have leaped from creation to write about another person's spiritual emptiness. What a cop out. Well , spiritual blackmail has has always been the universal currency of churchmen. Churchmen do not have claim to spiritual superiority or purity. that claim is by far the biggest fraud ever sold. that is what you are just trying to sell at this monent.Actaully , it is the spiritual emptiness in you that lashes out at people who repudiate your cosy little fairy tales. Truth needs no elaborate defence. Truth needs no embelishments. When I see people like you lashing out, I understand wat you are going through and wat you are trying to defend:
Your own taylor-made truth.

which do you believe in? you seem to spend all your day worrying fruitlessly about the private beliefs of others. We dont seem to care if you think its silly or not, you'd be better served looking at your own self. It seems for most of you, your entire belief is built solely around opposition to christianity. What a sad state of affairs.
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by globexl: 8:02pm On Aug 30, 2011
davidylan: Lets change the tempo of this debate. instead firing cannonballs at each other, I want to see what I can learn from you. You are obviously a christian and I suspect a pastor or priest. I want to ask some honest questions and I seek simple honest answers.

In the his teachings, Jesus emphasized the importance of good deeds like like kindness, self sacrifice for the good of others, and virtues like meekness, unconditional love, forgiveness, perseverance etc. as a simple path to spritual regeneration and ultimate union with god. Right?
later, apostle paul and others after him stressed the importance in the belief of Jesus as the son of god. Right
Martin Luther, the reformer proclaimed that strong faith wa sthe only pre-requisite for spriritual salvation.
Ofcourse for most of humanity, having a strong belief and faith is much easier than following the advice of Jesus regarding personal conduct and responsibility.
My question to you is: If am very strong in faith but have vices or lack any strong personal virtues ,and you, on the other hand, are very week in faith but have very strong measurable personal virtues, who amonst us is most likely to go to heaven or hell during judgment by god?
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by mazaje(m): 8:21pm On Aug 30, 2011
davidylan:

which do you believe in? you seem to spend all your day worrying fruitlessly about the private beliefs of others. We dont seem to care if you think its silly or not, you'd be better served looking at your own self. It seems for most of you, your entire belief is built solely around opposition to christianity. What a sad state of affairs.

You also spend most of your time worrying fruitlessly about the private beliefs of the muslims, no?. . .
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by harakiri(m): 8:47pm On Aug 30, 2011
@mazaje, Nice one man! Please, remind the hypocrite!
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 30, 2011
mazaje:

You also spend most of your time worrying fruitlessly about the private beliefs of the muslims, no?. . .

Frankly no. with the exception of 3-4 threads here that have caught my attention, i have rarely posted in the muslim section in over a yr. Try another tactic.

globexl:

davidylan: Lets change the tempo of this debate. instead firing cannonballs at each other, I want to see what I can learn from you. You are obviously a christian and I suspect a pastor or priest. I want to ask some honest questions and I seek simple honest answers.

In the his teachings, Jesus emphasized the importance of good deeds like like kindness, self sacrifice for the good of others, and virtues like meekness, unconditional love, forgiveness, perseverance etc. as a simple path to spritual regeneration and ultimate union with god. Right?
later, apostle paul and others after him stressed the importance in the belief of Jesus as the son of god. Right
Martin Luther, the reformer proclaimed that strong faith wa sthe only pre-requisite for spriritual salvation.
Ofcourse for most of humanity, having a strong belief and faith is much easier than following the advice of Jesus regarding personal conduct and responsibility.
My question to you is: If am very strong in faith but have vices or lack any strong personal virtues ,and you, on the other hand, are very week in faith but have very strong measurable personal virtues, who amonst us is most likely to go to heaven or hell during judgment by god?

I asked you a question globexl - is the atheist's idea of disbelief solely restricted to opposition to faith? Surely you must have a stand on YOUR OWN belief right? Lets start from there. i wont indulge you in the typical atheist games anymore.
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 30, 2011
LOL @ LOGIC Behind ATHEISM! grin grin grin ATHEISM is for FRUSTRATED PEOPLE! People that are LOOKING for an EXCUSE to WALLOW in SIN! I'll rather let FAITH GUIDE ME!
And i KEEP ASKING these KNOW IT ALL SCHMUCKS! What is FAITH? Do these DUMB GUYS put FAITH in ANYTHING AT ALL? Do they have cause to BELIEVE in EVOLUTION as ATHEISTS? Since they say they DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING?

Facts & LOGIC my left BUTT CHEEK! WHAT is LOGIC? WHOSE LOGIC is RIGHT? They ONLY ask QUESTIONS, But because they BELIEVE they KNOW all, every ANSWER you GIVE is NULL & VOID! I'm YET to meet any SANE ATHEIST on this FORUM! Still waiting though! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by mazaje(m): 10:02pm On Aug 30, 2011
sexkillz:

LOL @ LOGIC Behind ATHEISM! grin grin grin ATHEISM is for FRUSTRATED PEOPLE! People that are LOOKING for an EXCUSE to WALLOW in SIN! I'll rather let FAITH GUIDE ME!
And i KEEP ASKING these KNOW IT ALL SCHMUCKS! What is FAITH? Do these DUMB GUYS put FAITH in ANYTHING AT ALL? Do they have cause to BELIEVE in EVOLUTION as ATHEISTS? Since they say they DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING?

Facts & LOGIC my left BUTT CHEEK! WHAT is LOGIC? WHOSE LOGIC is RIGHT? They ONLY ask QUESTIONS, But because they BELIEVE they KNOW all, every ANSWER you GIVE is NULL & VOID! I'm YET to meet any SANE ATHEIST on this FORUM! Still waiting though! embarassed embarassed embarassed

Baba why are you ranting na?. . . . . Na fight?
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 30, 2011
What a little longer we might see one. Im trying to see how globexl would respond to king davids questions stating what his/Hr atheism is based before jumping in. So far globexl has taken us back into science says this. Hs/hr response will prompt my contribution
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 30, 2011
mazaje:

Baba why are you ranting na?. . . . . Na fight?
welcome sir. are u now going to tell us the logic behind ur belief?
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by mazaje(m): 10:14pm On Aug 30, 2011
toba:

welcome sir. are u now going to tell us the logic behind your belief?

Thank you sir. . .I have done that already. . .Read my first post on this thread on the first page. . .And let me know your thoughts. . .
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by harakiri(m): 10:16pm On Aug 30, 2011
toba:

welcome sir. are u now going to tell us the logic behind your belief?

UNBELIEVABLE! ! !
shocked

Smh.
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by alaper: 3:16am On Aug 31, 2011
harakiri:

Thank you so so so much for that. A lot of these theists assume that if you aren't talking about evolution, then there is NO WAY you can be an atheist. What really bugs me about this is that some of these people are normal rational thinking (and some are quite intelligent people) but when it comes to their religion, all common sense is thrown out of the window and they start ranting like over grown toddlers who need their suckers back. Utterly pathetic! ! !

It gives one an insight into a unique aspect of human behaviour.  Have you noticed that the more irrational a belief is, the more passionate the believer holds on to it?  And the more vicious they are in its defence!!  They literarily have to recite it to themselves everyday in order to keep their belief.  "I believe in one god the father almighty. Maker of heaven and earth. bla bla bla bla"  You don't do that if the idea is real.  No scientist wakes up in the morning saying "I believe in gravity, and Isaac Newton is its prophet! tongue  I believe what goes up must come down! grin grin  It is only an idea that does not make sense that you have to do that.  Another aspect of human behaviour is the vemon they use in the defence of the belief when challenged.  It is as if you are hitting a sore point in their being, even if your point is obvious.  They may just decide to hate you, abuse you, some may injure you if you are near them.  In the extreme, they kill.  Christians did it a few centuries ago when they had secular power, muslims are doing it now.  You don't see a scientist being that vicious in the defence of his scientific idea!!!  But if the idea is a religious belief, people are ready to kill for it.
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Nobody: 3:22am On Aug 31, 2011
alaper:

It gives one an insight into a unique aspect of human behaviour.  Have you noticed that the more irrational a belief is, the more passionate the believer holds on to it?  And the more vicious they are in its defence!!  They literarily have to recite it to themselves everyday in order to keep their belief.  "I believe in one god the father almighty. Maker of heaven and earth. bla bla bla bla"  You don't do that if the idea is real.  No scientist wakes up in the morning saying "I believe in gravity, and Isaac Newton is its prophet! tongue  I believe what goes up must come down! grin grin  It is only an idea that does not make sense that you have to do that.  Another aspect of human behaviour is the vemon they use in the defence of the belief when challenged.  It is as if you are hitting a sore point in their being, even if your point is obvious.  They may just decide to hate you, abuse you, some may injure you if you are near them.  In the extreme, they kill.  Christians did it a few centuries ago when they had secular power, muslims are doing it now.  You don't see a scientist being that vicious in the defence of his scientific idea!!!  But if the idea is a religious belief, people are ready to kill for it.

Richard Dawkins, Stephen Hawking . . . lol you're one ignorant fellow.
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by globexl: 4:13am On Aug 31, 2011
I have repeated myself so many times. I am tired. These people are deaf.Atheism(dont mind the ism) is neither a  belief nor a philosphy, so asking what it is based on is silly (sorry to say that).
I think atheism is about taking a norman rational and sceptic aproach at the religous narrative as espoused by the multitudes of the competing religious bodies. Besides not believing in god, I also dont believe that 1+1+1=1, I aslo dont beleive that you can turn N1m into N10m in one month with any legitimate business, I also dont believe in Mami water, I dont believe that the earth is the center of the universe, I dont believe that witches and wizards are the causes sickness and death .etc. etc.
Sceptism is part and parcel of our mental make up. We employ sceptism in our business dealings, in our dealings with both friends and foes, in our personal and family lives. when sceptism is deployed to dissect ancient  religious myths, then we are called atheist. It is not a unique or peculiar philosophical system. It is just asking: what? who? when? and how? , something both you and I do countless times everyday in other aspects of our lives.   Do you need to be labeled with an ism when you ask those questions? No.
I dont see how by saying that one does not believe your religious narrative, that makes the person stupid, a sinner, shallow and spiritually empty.

If religous belief was so good and fulfilling, I sincerely believe that you and others like you would  spend more time refining and perfecting the grosser and primitive aspects of your human self and making your soul worthy of the grace of your god , rather than to spend your time,seeking, attacking and castigating those that do not share you beliefs.
I pity all of you. I am so glad that am free from religious bondage., therefore I have nothing, absolutely nothing ,to prove to anyone.
But if am wrong, on judgement day, I am very confident that god will be sensible enough to ask me " my son WHAT HAS THOU  DONE ON EARTH?, rather than"WHAT HAS THOU BELIEVED ON EARTH?
Even with my unbeliefe, I am sure I  would still make it to paradise ahead of the the tens of thousands of neurotic priest who f, k young boys in the ass in the name of god, I would make it to heaven ahead of the tens of thousands of parasitic locust pastors who pick the pockets of the gullible poor everyday in the name of god, I would sail to heaven ahead of the evil fanatic moslems who kill and maim everyday in the name of god.

NB: @davidylan: You did not answer my earlier question. It is really a sincere question and is not meant to mock or disparage you. I would appreciate an answer.
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by globexl: 4:24am On Aug 31, 2011
alaper:

It gives one an insight into a unique aspect of human behaviour. Have you noticed that the more irrational a belief is, the more passionate the believer holds on to it? And the more vicious they are in its defence!! They literarily have to recite it to themselves everyday in order to keep their belief. "I believe in one god the father almighty. Maker of heaven and earth. bla bla bla bla" You don't do that if the idea is real. No scientist wakes up in the morning saying "I believe in gravity, and Isaac Newton is its prophet! tongue I believe what goes up must come down! grin grin It is only an idea that does not make sense that you have to do that. Another aspect of human behaviour is the vemon they use in the defence of the belief when challenged. It is as if you are hitting a sore point in their being, even if your point is obvious. They may just decide to hate you, abuse you, some may injure you if you are near them. In the extreme, they kill. Christians did it a few centuries ago when they had secular power, muslims are doing it now. You don't see a scientist being that vicious in the defence of his scientific idea!!! But if the idea is a religious belief, people are ready to kill for it.
Beautifully said. I cold not have said better myself.
And that is problem with religion. It is like a virus that attaches itself to some unknown part of the central nervous system and then defends itself against imunization and ati-viral remedies. LOL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's Wrong With Female Pastors? / Tb Joshua's Evil Doings Finally Revealed / The Best Of Youtube Uplifting Christian Praise And Worship Songs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.