Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,044 members, 7,939,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 08:34 PM

Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? (4476 Views)

Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! / Atheists: We Need To Know Your Guiding Principles / The Logic Behind the Idea of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by mazaje(m): 7:15pm On Aug 31, 2011
davidylan:

That's because you THINK so right? I could claim that you feel sad NOT because of your "emotion" but because of certain chemical processes that take place in the brain. For eample, nitrous oxide produces an euphoric effect on the nervous system when inhaled . . . which is why it is called the "laughing gas" . . . so if i start laughing and feeling good due to nitrous oxide exposure . . . does that mean i have a "happy" emotional feeling at that moment?

I don't have time for your baseless rigmarole. . . .The effect of emotion is what I am talking about and it is real. . .People feel it all the time, it doesn't matter what causes it be it laughing gas or what ever. . .The effect is what matters and it is real. . .It is felt and its result can be seen. . .That is VERY different from religious myths that are BASED ONLY on stories and mythology that have NO evidence to support them. . . .People feel emotions and there is evidence to show that emotions exist and are real, when I laugh I express emotions, when I cry I do the same. . .Your evidence to show that the creator of the universe is a single entity, speaks the human language, and fights along humans in primitive times because what was written in ancient books of mythology is WHAT?. . .You can see and feel emotions when they are expressed. . .Have you ever seen or felt any God besides what you read in books and have been indoctrinated to accpet?. . .
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by globexl: 7:49pm On Aug 31, 2011
@davidylan and sexkills: So you believe in god as the creator and heaven and earth and you have a personal relationship with god? . As far as I am concerned, that is great for you. That would never stop me from loving you as my neighbor.  You should be basking in the esctasy and uphoria of your faith. The strenght of your faith and closeness to god should make you a shinning light among others.
However , the fact the two of you spend a lot time to fight and defend the vearcity of your faith, says a lot about you and a lot about the very faith that you defend so much. It clearly shows that YOU, yes YOU, have some subconscious doubts about your faith and beliefs, otherwise you would not need to come out shooting cannonballs each time some nobodies like us criticize your beliefs. If you are actualy strong in your faith, why would you need to defend it at all? It does not make sense to me. Your faith is yours. It's in your mind, its how you feel, it's subjective and it is safe to dwell within you. That should be sufficient for you. But your faith has no reality outside of your head. If every person of faith understands that , then the world would be a much better place for everyone.
When faith makes a leap out of your mind into physical reality,It becomes a weapon of exploitation and destruction.When you and your types use faith to confer authority on yourselves over others for the purpose of exploiting them , for exampl,e by picking their pockets or defiling the backsides of young boys , then the  usefullness and veracity of faith opens itself up for  skeptical analysis. and scrutiny.
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 31, 2011
mazaje:

I don't have time for your baseless rigmarole. . . .The effect of emotion is what I am talking about and it is real. . .People feel it all the time, it doesn't matter what causes it be it laughing gas or what ever. . .The effect is what matters and it is real. . .It is felt and its result can be seen. . .That is VERY different from religious myths that are BASED ONLY on stories and mythology that have NO evidence to support them. . . .People feel emotions and there is evidence to show that emotions exist and are real, when I laugh I express emotions, when I cry I do the same. . .Your evidence to show that the creator of the universe is a single entity, speaks the human language, and fights along humans in primitive times because what was written in ancient books of mythology is WHAT?. . .You can see and feel emotions when they are expressed. . .Have you ever seen or felt any God besides what you read in books and have been indoctrinated to accpet?. . . 

but you cant differentiate this "emotions" you claim exists with changes in brain chemistry now can you? Opioids alter gabaergic neurotransmission thus producing an euphoric effect after use . . . is that what you call "emotion"?

Simple question - can you show me that emotion exists OUTSIDE effects on the brain?

you cry? So that is emotion to you? you know that people with epileptic fits do cry or vomit sometimes as a completely involuntary action right? so what makes crying an emotion and not vomiting?
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 31, 2011
globexl:

@davidylan and sexkills: So you believe in god as the creator and heaven and earth and you have a personal relationship with god? . As far as I am concerned, that is great for you. That would never stop me from loving you as my neighbor.  You should be basking in the esctasy and uphoria of your faith. The strenght of your faith and closeness to god should make you a shinning light among others.
However , the fact the two of you spend a lot time to fight and defend the vearcity of your faith, says a lot about you and a lot about the very faith that you defend so much. It clearly shows that YOU, yes YOU, have some subconscious doubts about your faith and beliefs, otherwise you would not need to come out shooting cannonballs each time some nobodies like us criticize your beliefs. If you are actualy strong in your faith, why would you need to defend it at all? It does not make sense to me. Your faith is yours. It's in your mind, its how you feel, it's subjective and it is safe to dwell within you. That should be sufficient for you. But your faith has no reality outside of your head. If every person of faith understands that , then the world would be a much better place for everyone.
When faith makes a leap out of your mind into physical reality,It becomes a weapon of exploitation and destruction.When you and your types use faith to confer authority on yourselves over others for the purpose of exploiting them , for exampl,e by picking their pockets or defiling the backsides of young boys , then the  usefullness and veracity of faith opens itself up for  skeptical analysis. and scrutiny.

get outa here my friend . . . grin
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by mazaje(m): 7:53pm On Aug 31, 2011
davidylan:

but you cant differentiate this "emotions" you claim exists with changes in brain chemistry now can you? Opioids alter gabaergic neurotransmission thus producing an euphoric effect after use . . . is that what you call "emotion"?

Simple question - can you show me that emotion exists OUTSIDE effects on the brain?

you cry? So that is emotion to you? you know that people with epileptic fits do cry or vomit sometimes as a completely involuntary action right? so what makes crying an emotion and not vomiting?

Let me play your games. . .Are you saying that emotions do NOT exist?. . .
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 31, 2011
mazaje:

Let me play your games. . .Are you saying that emotions do NOT exist?. . .

1. typical games atheists play - ask him a question . . . he turns around to ask YOU. can the atheist ever answer anything?

2. I never said that emotions dont exist, again this isnt about my thoughts but yours.

3. You said and i quote - [size=13pt]You can chose to have faith in things that are demonstrably verifiable alone, and disregard baseless mythology, no?[/size]
With this i presume mazaje for example has faith ONLY in those things that are DEMONSTRABLY VERIFIABLE . . . good.

4. We do know that mazaje believes/has faith in emotions . . . again i quote - [size=13pt]The effect of emotion is what I am talking about and it is real. . .People feel it all the time, it doesn't matter what causes it be it laughing gas or what ever. . .The effect is what matters and it is real. . .It is felt and its result can be seen.[/size]

5. Hence i ask mazaje a very simple question - what is the DEMONSTRABLY VERIFIABLE evidence that emotions are real and can be felt? Can you show me hard data to prove this?
Can you demonstrably show that these "emotions" you talk about exist OUTSIDE interference with brain chemistry?

Thank you.
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by mazaje(m): 8:13pm On Aug 31, 2011
Here is the definition of emotions from wikipedia you foool. . . ."Emotion is the complex psychophysiological experience of an individual's state of mind as interacting with biochemical (internal) and environmental (external) influences. In humans, emotion fundamentally involves "physiological arousal, expressive behaviors, and conscious experience."[1] Emotion is associated with mood, temperament, personality, disposition, and motivation. Motivations direct and energize behavior, while emotions provide the affective component to motivation, positive or negative"

No body is saying that emotions exist outside brain chemistry you are the one asking a baseless question. . .Are you saying that emotions and their effects are NOT verifiable?. . . .I said I believe in things that are verifiable, the effects of emotions are felt and are verifiable, no?. . .
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 31, 2011
mazaje:

Here is the definition of emotions from wikipedia you foool. . . ."Emotion is the complex psychophysiological experience of an individual's state of mind as interacting with biochemical (internal) and environmental (external) influences. In humans, emotion fundamentally involves "physiological arousal, expressive behaviors, and conscious experience."[1] Emotion is associated with mood, temperament, personality, disposition, and motivation. Motivations direct and energize behavior, while emotions provide the affective component to motivation, positive or negative"

No body is saying that emotions exist outside brain chemistry you are the one asking a baseless question. . .Are you saying that emotions and their effects are NOT verifiable?. . . .I said I believe in things that are verifiable, the effects of emotions are felt and are verifiable, no?. . .

I asked you a simple question - [size=14pt]what is the DEMONSTRABLY VERIFIABLE evidence that emotions are real and can be felt?[/size] I would like to visually see an emotion in person.

If indeed you claim that "emotions" (when you do choose to show evidence for it) are do NOT exist outside effects on brain chemistry . . . is the euphoric feeling following NO2 inhalation a sign of personal emotion?

thank you!
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Purist(m): 8:25pm On Aug 31, 2011
sexkillz:

Yeah! To a lay man, this answer sounds SMART! Now, WHAT is the ATHEISTIC DEFINITION of FAITH?

To the best of my knowledge, "faith" has no atheistic definition (whatever that means).
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by mazaje(m): 8:30pm On Aug 31, 2011
davidylan:

I asked you a simple question - [size=14pt]what is the DEMONSTRABLY VERIFIABLE evidence that emotions are real and can be felt?[/size]

Happiness is an emotion people express right?. . . .When you are happy you feel the emotion flow through you and people can see you express it . . . .If yes then that is the demonstrable and verifiable evidence for its existence. . . .There are different types of emotions and they are all expressed and felt differently, no? From the Wikipedia definition is says "Emotion is the complex psychophysiological experience of an individual's state of mind as interacting with biochemical (internal) and environmental (external) influences." These psychophysiological  experiences are real and verifiable, no?. . .

If indeed you claim that "emotions" (when you do choose to show evidence for it) are do NOT exist outside effects on brain chemistry . . . is the euphoric feeling following NO2 inhalation a sign of personal emotion?

thank you!

When the foool runs out of gas he goes around making things up and running commentaries on them to satisfy his delusions. . .WHERE did I say emotions exist outside the effects of the brain? Seems the only way to satisfy your stup[i]i[/i]d delusions is by making things up. . . .Emotions( which exist as a result of brain chemistry) can be felt and their effects seen, no?. . .
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by globexl: 8:31pm On Aug 31, 2011
Cont:
And that is clearly what has happened with religious faith. Nothing good has ever come out of it. What cure for any disease has ever come out of a  church chapel or mosque, what great ideals of freedom and human dignity has ever come out of a religious alther? what luxuries that we enjoy today and take for granted came out of a religious vision or revelation?
Jesus supposedly cured many, perhaps hundreds of lepers, but Dr. James Lind gave humanity a permanent cure for leprosy in 1753 that has not only cured millions of people but has wiped out the disease entirely(except for Nija). Jesus supposedly made the lame to walk, but Dr Jonas Sulk formulated the polio vaccine in 1952 that has almost ridden humanity of polio and its resulting effect of lameness.
Religious faith has only left us  with legacies of hatred, wars, genocides and the exploitation of the weak.
So, if I , and others choose to cast our lot with REASON, why should that antagonise you so-called people of faith?
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by thehomer: 8:37pm On Aug 31, 2011
Faith is belief in the absence or contrary to evidence.
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 31, 2011
Mazaje! So emotions are real? Is LOVE an EMOTION?

@ thehomer if "Faith is belief in the absence or contrary to evidence". Do you put FAITH in ANYTHING AT ALL?
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by mazaje(m): 8:42pm On Aug 31, 2011
davidylan:

1. typical games atheists play - ask him a question . . . he turns around to ask YOU. can the atheist ever answer anything?

When last did you answer anything. . . .I know your games and I refuse to play it. . . .You are just bent on trying to show that people have faith in things they can not see, or things that have no evidence by comming up with stup[i]i[/i]d questions like how can I show that emotions are verfiabale. . . grin grin. . .The thing is you KNOW very well that your religious beliefs are not grounded in reality and are not based on any truth. . .If they were you will have evidence for what ever religious assertion that you talk about. . .You KNOW that very well, so instead you go about saying that others also believe in things that have no evidence to back them up, the question is how does that help your own position?. . .How those the fact that evolution is false help your own creationist mythology that says that humans were created from sand or that some imaginary God that was written to be hiding in the clouds created animals by using his voice to speak them into existence?. . . .How does another person's position being wrong help your own baseless position? Are you interested in knowing the facts or just interested in believing in stories that were beating into your brains as a child that had no cognitive ability to know his right from his left?. . .
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by mazaje(m): 8:44pm On Aug 31, 2011
sexkillz:

Mazaje! So emotions are real? Is LOVE an EMOTION?

Yes emotions are real because they can be felt and their effects can be seen. . . .Are you saying that emotions are NOT real?. . .
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 31, 2011
globexl! Do you mind? You aint making sense AT ALL! Did you just BECOME an ATHEIST? And QUIT quoting the BIBLE if you DONT BELIEVE IT! Is that SO HARD? undecided

Mazaje! Dont get me WRONG! Emotions are real! Is LOVE AN EMOTION?
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by mazaje(m): 8:54pm On Aug 31, 2011
sexkillz:

globexl\

Mazaje! Dont get me WRONG! Emotions are real! Is LOVE AN EMOTION?

Why the hell are you asking me if love is an emotion?. . .Emotions exist as you said, from the Wikipedia definition is says "Emotion is the complex psychophysiological experience of an individual's state of mind as interacting with biochemical (internal) and environmental (external) influences." These psychophysiological  experiences are real and verifiable, no?. . .
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by globexl: 8:56pm On Aug 31, 2011
@ sexkills:
What a terrible disease you have.  What a terrible burden you carry trying to prove to YOURSELF that your god is real. Good luck. If you succeed, we might learn something.
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by thehomer: 8:57pm On Aug 31, 2011
sexkillz:

. . . .
@ thehomer if "Faith is belief in the absence or contrary to evidence". Do you put FAITH in ANYTHING AT ALL?

Be careful not to equivocate. I do not have a religious style faith.
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 31, 2011
Mazaje! QUIT THE GAMES!

IS LOVE AN EMOTION?

thehomer!

I never asked you your style of FAITH! I also did not ask you about RELIGIOUS FAITH!>>>>>>> DO YOU PUT FAITH IN ANYTHING?

globexl!

GOOD! Now QUIT YAPPING and learn from SEASONED ATHEISTS! OK?
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by mazaje(m): 9:13pm On Aug 31, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=10pt]Mazaje! QUIT THE GAMES!

IS LOVE AN EMOTION?

[

I know exactly what you are driving at that is the same thing davidylan is trying to do, which is trying to show that I have faith in things I do not see and can not verify. . . .Things like emotions, when in reality emotions are real and can be verified. By the way I have faith in thing but not as religious people do as thehomer has rightly stated. . . The bottom line is this. . Do you believe in the story of Jesus because it is TRUE and has real and verifiable evidence to support it or because evolution is false?. . .How does evolution being false help the mythical story of Jesus?. . .This is my question to you. . .
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2011
Mazaje!
IS LOVE AN EMOTION? YES OR NO
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by mazaje(m): 9:18pm On Aug 31, 2011
sexkillz:

Mazaje!
IS LOVE AN EMOTION? YES OR NO

Both. . . .
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 31, 2011
EXPLAIN!
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by mazaje(m): 9:31pm On Aug 31, 2011
sexkillz:

EXPLAIN!

I don't know if love is an emotion or not. . . .
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 31, 2011
mazaje:

[size=19pt]Both. . . .[/size]
^^^^^^^ Those were your WORDS! BOTH! . . . . . . EXPLAIN and you said you dont know! Why would you answer BOTH?
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by mazaje(m): 9:40pm On Aug 31, 2011
sexkillz:

^^^^^^^ Those were your WORDS! BOTH! . . . . . . EXPLAIN and you said you dont know! Why would you answer BOTH?

Both means I don't know. . .It can't be both, Since I said both it means I don't know. . .
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by harakiri(m): 9:41pm On Aug 31, 2011
@mazaje, I can't believe you're putting yourself through this trauma. Doesn't your head ache from answering all these deranged questions? Your tolerance and patience is beyond commendable. Cheers man.
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by mazaje(m): 9:46pm On Aug 31, 2011
harakiri:

@mazaje, I can't believe you're putting yourself through this trauma. Doesn't your head ache from answering all these deranged questions? Your tolerance and patience is beyond commendable. Cheers man.

Actually I am just playing their games. . . .They are not asking anything that is important, just playing their games to show them how silly they are nothing more. . . .Cheers as well. . .
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by harakiri(m): 10:01pm On Aug 31, 2011
I'd expected someone (perhaps the secretary) to have submitted a comprehensive analysis explaining how mankind evolved from sand and ribs! Come on guys, the suspense is killing me! When is bombshell gonna drop?
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by mazaje(m): 10:16pm On Aug 31, 2011
harakiri:

I'd expected someone (perhaps the secretary) to have submitted a comprehensive analysis explaining how mankind evolved from sand and ribs! Come on guys, the suspense is killing me! When is bombshell gonna drop?

You are expecting someone that some how believes people have faith in emotions to explain to you how he evolved from sand or how his God that was thought to be hiding in the clouds  away from humans spoke all the animals and birds we see around using the hebrew language? cheesy grin. . . .You go wait tire. . .By the way I will like to see how voice converts matter into flying birds. . .
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by harakiri(m): 10:28pm On Aug 31, 2011
@mazaje, The voice thing is something. Sounds like a special move from a video game! I planted a chicken bone in the sand two days ago and even with all the watering, it still hasn't "evolved" into a live chicken! Let me go outside and see how things have "progressed"! Brb.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

72 Virgins In Paradise? / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them. / Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.