Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,044 members, 7,939,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 08:36 PM

Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? (4477 Views)

Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! / Atheists: We Need To Know Your Guiding Principles / The Logic Behind the Idea of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by mazaje(m): 10:48pm On Aug 31, 2011
harakiri:

@mazaje, The voice thing is something. Sounds like a special move from a video game! I planted a chicken bone in the sand two days ago and even with all the watering, it still hasn't "evolved" into a live chicken! Let me go outside and see how things have "progressed"! Brb.

Birds were spoken into existence, so you better go and learn hebrew. . . .Imagine the two fooools (davidlylan and sexkills) crying all over the thread about the logic behind the atheist position when the fooolishly believe that the creator of the universe was once hiding inside a box and was being carried from place to place by the ancient Jews because they said so in a story book. . . . grin grin
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Enigma(m): 2:26am On Sep 01, 2011
globexl:

@davidylan and sexkills: So you believe in god as the creator and heaven and earth and you have a personal relationship with god? . As far as I am concerned, that is great for you. That would never stop me from loving you as my neighbor.  You should be basking in the esctasy and uphoria of your faith. T[b]he strenght of your faith and closeness to god should make you a shinning light among others.
However , the fact the two of you spend a lot time to fight and defend the vearcity of your faith, says a lot about you and a lot about the very faith that you defend so much. It clearly shows that YOU, yes YOU, have some subconscious doubts about your faith and beliefs, otherwise you would not need to come out shooting cannonballs each time some nobodies like us criticize your beliefs.[/b] . . . . .

Hmmm, pot --- kettle ---- black

Mirror --- point ---- at ---- self

e.g. mirror below (from an old post)

Enigma:

De thing na waaa o jare  grin

The 'evangelical' atheists here (some of them even aggressive if not militant) are obviously proselytising: seeking to prove that their own 'faith' {in godlessness or in lack of god, if they prefer} is right or trying to 'debunk' Christianity and other religions; basically they are trying to prove that their own belief or faith or religion  grin grin grin (sarcasm alert!) is better than anyone else's. Now that's interesting, isnt't it? I would say it shows at least two forms of insecurity: (a) they do not know that their own belief, faith or religion   grin grin grin (sarcasm alert) is right and thus need the reassurance from attacking 'weaknesses' in others; (b) they are ashamed to admit that they are indeed basically doing that which they accuse others of ---- practising a 'religion'  grin grin grin (sarcasm only partly alert!!!). What with all the contention, criticising, proselytising etc?

There are (let's say "passive"wink atheists who just exist day to day; do not even think about God let alone to consider or ponder his existence, yet let alone to consider discussing his existence with others, yet let alone to try to persuade others of his non-existence. These atheists just live, they just exist. God is not even in the picture at all for them.

Compare those with our evangelical (aggressive if not militant) atheist friends who are indeed obssessed with this same God that they claim do not exist. Of all the threads and discussion on the forum they encamp in the religion section!

globexl:
If you are actualy strong in your faith, why would you need to defend it at all? It does not make sense to me. Your faith is yours. It's in your mind, its how you feel, it's subjective and it is safe to dwell within you. That should be sufficient for you. . . . .

The simple answer is that although it is often better to just ignore someone who doesn't know what s/he is talking about, sometimes it is necessary to expose the ignorance (or worse!) of such a person. smiley
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by harakiri(m): 6:31am On Sep 01, 2011
mazaje:

Birds were spoken into existence, so you better go and learn hebrew. . . .Imagine the two fooools (davidlylan and sexkills) crying all over the thread about the logic behind the atheist position when the fooolishly believe that the creator of the universe was once hiding inside a box and was being carried from place to place by the ancient Jews because they said so in a story book. . . . grin grin

The thing tire me oooo! A donkey actually SPOKE (Perhaps Aramaic and i wonder what it's first words were). A man raced on thin air into the skies using Chariots "OF FIRE"! Another man lived in the belly of a fish for 3 whole days without food,water,oxygen and he wasn't chewed to pieces "on arrival" and neither did he get digested in it's belly. He just sat in one corner of the belly that had a 3-bedroom flat, watched ESPN and he was vomited after 3 days.

Fantastic stuff man! ! !
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by alaper: 7:10am On Sep 01, 2011
harakiri:

The thing tire me oooo! A donkey actually SPOKE (Perhaps Aramaic and i wonder what it's first words were). A man raced on thin air into the skies using Chariots "OF FIRE"! Another man lived in the belly of a fish for 3 whole days without food,water,oxygen and he wasn't chewed to pieces "on arrival" and neither did he get digested in it's belly. He just sat in one corner of the belly that had a 3-bedroom flat, watched ESPN and he was vomited after 3 days.

Fantastic stuff man! ! !

And a snake without vocal chords spoke perfect Aramaic!!    Abraham's wife got pregnant at 90 shocked shocked  I think the miracle in this one is that Abraham could see a 90 year old woman and have an errection!! grin grin
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by mazaje(m): 7:24am On Sep 01, 2011
alaper:

And a snake without vocal chords spoke perfect Aramaic!!    Abraham's wife got pregnant at 90 shocked shocked  I think the miracle in this one is that Abraham could see a 90 year old woman and have an errection!! grin grin

Did't you read that a man live for over 900 years grin
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by alaper: 7:36am On Sep 01, 2011
mazaje:

Did't you read that a man live for over 900 years grin

And grown-up men, some with university degrees will swear by it!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by mazaje(m): 7:46am On Sep 01, 2011
alaper:

And grown-up men, some with university degrees will swear by it!!! lipsrsealed

That's what indoctrination does to people, the reality is that some of them know that some of the stories are very false, so they claim its an allegory. . . .others just want to point that other beliefs or assertions are not true, as if that makes their own baseless beliefs and lies any true. . . . . .
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by manmustwac(m): 7:49am On Sep 01, 2011
alaper:

grin grin
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Purist(m): 7:52am On Sep 01, 2011
And I heard Peter's shadow healed so many sick people too just by walking past them.  I wonder why that magnificent feat has not been replicated anywhere in today's world by any of the current crop of miracle-performing MOGs.  Afterall, they're supposed to be doing even greater things.
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by harakiri(m): 8:08am On Sep 01, 2011
alaper:

And a man parted the red sea with his BAREHANDS! ! !  grin grin shocked

A man killed a lion by ripping it from it's mouth into two (while the lion just sat there watching him do that shocked ). This man single handed killed over 300 men (who were armed with swords,spears and shields) with an ordinary DONKEY JAW BONE! ! ! This same man brought down a whole temple down by merely pushing the pillars! Chei! ! !
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by harakiri(m): 8:12am On Sep 01, 2011
mazaje:

Did't you read that a man live for over 900 years  grin

How about the man who walked on water? Or the man who told the sun to "stand still"? How about the man who went about the earth carrying every specie (male and female) on his head and trekked back to his source of origin to put them all in an ark that is no bigger than a tug boat?
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by harakiri(m): 8:16am On Sep 01, 2011
Purist:

And I heard Peter's shadow healed so many sick people too just by walking past them.  I wonder why that magnificent feat has not been replicated anywhere in today's world by any of the current crop of miracle-performing MOGs.  Afterall, they're supposed to be doing even greater things.

I heard that one too oooo! Chei! ! ! I also heard that a man who had been dead for three days (had his internal organs removed according to tradition) arose from the dead! I also heard that the man who performed this "feat" also fed FIVE THOUSAND people with only five loaves of bread and two fish (i can eat those two fish and at least one loaf myself). Those bread loaves must have been big as fighter jets and those two fish were actually two blue whales. That's the only "logical" explanation i can think of. . .lol

cool cool cheesy
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by mazaje(m): 8:34am On Sep 01, 2011
Ha! Its like you didn't read about the walls of a city that were brought down using trumpets. . . .abi na the story about the alleged creator of the universe fighting with men and staining his cloth with their blood. . . .what about the stories of the stars fighting along side humans in a battle. . . . Na only when men dey primitive we dey hear suchb stories ohh. . . . .
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by vedaxcool(m): 8:41am On Sep 01, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked what is going on here, rational discourse using Atheist standard system of engagement.
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by harakiri(m): 8:46am On Sep 01, 2011
mazaje:

Ha! Its like you didn't read about the walls of a city that were brought down using trumpets. . . .abi na the story about the alleged creator of the universe fighting with men and staining his cloth with their blood. . . .what about the stories of the stars fighting along side humans in a battle. . . . Na only when men dey primitive we dey hear suchb stories ohh. . . . .

Meeennn! ! ! The funny thing be say a lot of the people wey believe these things get volumes of degrees/masters/doctorates (even in history and theology).  How about the man (and his brother) who turned sticks of wood into snakes? How about Cain who miraculously had a wife after the bible clearly depicted it was just him and his two parents (3 people) remaining in Eden and yet, when he was driven to the land of Nod, he met PEOPLE there and raised a family. Meeeennn! ! !
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by manmustwac(m): 9:06am On Sep 01, 2011
And the bloody poster has the cheek to ask what is the logic behind atheism because he can't see anything illogical in talking donkeys or people living up to 900 years or a virgin getting pregnant without penetration people who believed that the world was flat and that you could walk and fall off the edge of the earth etc.  grin
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 01, 2011
manmustwac:

And the bloody poster has the cheek to ask what is the logic behind atheism because he can't see anything illogical in talking donkeys or people living up to 900 years or a virgin getting pregnant without penetration people who believed that the world was flat and that you could walk and fall off the edge of the earth etc.  grin

What kind of mumu talk is this? That u dont believe something does that make such a thing impossible? U respond to that first.
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by Enigma(m): 10:30am On Sep 01, 2011
vedaxcool:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked what is going on here, rational discourse using Atheist standard system of engagement.

What do you expect? The next level after this infantile level is the childish-sophistry level of "define god" etc; after that the next level is to recycle, parrot and regurgitate old arguments some of which are obsolete; after that the next level is to resort to intellectually dishonest methods. Mercifully, there are people capable of debunking their intellectually dishonest arguments and exposing them for the bluffers that they are as David has done on issues of science and as others have done elsewhere.

Interestingly, this comment below made elsewhere applies quite suitably to our evangelical atheist friends, hence no serious reply to the infantile comments. smiley

lagerwhenindoubt:
. . . . It is like a man discussing with a petulant child who makes faces and sticks his tongue out rather than a answer your question. You are sooner the buffoon the more you attempt to come down to his impish level to have him see reason. He did not intend to make sense in the first place.
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by manmustwac(m): 11:02am On Sep 01, 2011
toba:

What kind of mumu talk is this? That u dont believe something does that make such a thing impossible? U respond to that first.
donkeys cannot talk you hear? The way the donkeys mouth evolved (or your imaginary friend created it) the only thing a donkey can say when it makes a noise is hee haw hee haw. If nobody can live up to 900 years old in this day and age when we have better healthcare facilities and good hospitals (and we're even living longer) then it cannot be possible to live up to 900 years in those primitive biblical times. It is scientifically impossible for a virgin to get pregnant without penetration. Come on man if you had a daughter who told you that she got pregnant without penetration would you believe it? It also says in the bible that the world is flat. You and I know that is not true. smiley wink
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by mazaje(m): 11:05am On Sep 01, 2011
toba:

Yeah, yeah. . . . .Of course they are possible but ONLY on the pages of story book and NOT in reality, on the pages of story book, donkeys can speak the human language and a man can live inside a fish for 3 days, God wears human cloths, and stars along side humans in war. . .We alll know that but this things ONLY happen on the pages of story books and not in reality. . . .
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by mazaje(m): 11:12am On Sep 01, 2011
Enigma:

What do you expect? The next level after this infantile level is the childish-sophistry level of "define god" etc; after that the next level is to recycle, parrot and regurgitate old arguments some of which are obsolete; after that the next level is to resort to intellectually dishonest methods. Mercifully, there are people capable of debunking their intellectually dishonest arguments and exposing them for the bluffers that they are as David has done on issues of science and as others have done elsewhere.

Interestingly, this comment below made elsewhere applies quite suitably to our evangelical atheist friends, hence no serious reply to the infantile comments. smiley

Cry me a river. . .Even davidylan has asserted many times that his beliefs are personal and he doesn't care if they have evidence to support them or not, many times he has stated that christainity involves blind faith and he doesn't care if what is written in the bible is true or not. . . .He at least accepts that his believes are based mainly on indoctrination and not because what he talks aboput are factual. . .How do you argue with some one that believes that a man lived inside a fish for 3 days?. . . .Dishonest arguments indeed. . . . grin grin
Re: Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:28am On Sep 01, 2011
"If you eat through your Ar5e, you can actually crap out of your mouth" Theory proposed by ERIC CARTMAN (patent pending)  successful trials confirmed grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What The Bible Say About Muhammad / Saturday Or Sunday, Which Is The Real Sabbath Day? / Atheismus.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.