Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,563 members, 7,965,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 10:45 AM

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria - Phones (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria (149660 Views)

My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 6:47am On Jul 17
dastudent:
Could it be a router and cable problem? i just ran an advanced speed test and got this. Which is weird.

Maybe talk to support
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 6:48am On Jul 17
dastudent:
I use VPN regularly so i no fit get this kind problem.

I don't, and I have VPN on specific device, but with an external router I can have VPN on the network level.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 6:49am On Jul 17
sonickay:
AX21 has VPN client too

I will share the screenshot when I am logged in on laptop

Mine is version 4.6, no VPN CLIENT.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 6:58am On Jul 17
Na so I damage my replacement cable.

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 7:06am On Jul 17
ibietela2:
Na so I damage my replacement cable.
Have you tested it as it is and it didn't work?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 9:43am On Jul 17
BadMaster:

Have you tested it as it is and it didn't work?

its working
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by dastudent(m): 11:06am On Jul 17
You have VPN on device that you got the warning from if I am correct?
ibietela2:

I don't, and I have VPN on specific device, but with an external router I can have VPN on the network level.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 11:34am On Jul 17
dastudent:
You have VPN on device that you got the warning from if I am correct?

I was not using VPN
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 2:37pm On Jul 17
sonickay:
AX21 has VPN client too

I will share the screenshot when I am logged in on laptop

Please how long will it take?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 6:44am On Jul 18
Is Starlink network down?

Lagos

Been restarting since morning and network is still not up
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by RoddyStan: 9:53am On Jul 18
ibietela2:

Starlink portal, I left some files to SEED

Are there routers that comes with vpn?

Does this archer 21 have vpn compatibility or which router does, since I'm gonna be mostly streaming with my starlink, I'm gonna need a vpn
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 10:26am On Jul 18
RoddyStan:

Are there routers that comes with vpn?

Does this archer 21 have vpn compatibility or which router does, since I'm gonna be mostly streaming with my starlink, I'm gonna need a vpn

Router should come with VPN CLIENT (this way you subscribe to your favourite VPN service like windscribe) which you will connect with the router... unfortunately the Archer 21 does not have VPN client at least the one with me which is the latest firmware version 4.6.

However the (Archer AX55) comes with VPN CLIENT+SERVER (I have placed order for it). You can check online for cheaper one.
Make sure it has VPN CLIENT, so you don't have to stress yourself.

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by RoddyStan: 10:42am On Jul 18
ibietela2:

Router should come with VPN CLIENT (this way you subscribe to your favourite VPN service like windscribe) which you will connect with the router... unfortunately the Archer 21 does not have VPN client at least the one with me which is the latest firmware version 4.6.

However the (Archer AX55) comes with VPN CLIENT+SERVER (I have placed order for it). You can check online for cheaper one.
Okay, is the archer ax55 available in nigeria?

Saw this on konga, is it the right one?

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 10:47am On Jul 18
RoddyStan:

It should be o, you can check konga/jumia or local shops
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by GoodBoi1(m): 2:50pm On Jul 18
On starlink website, roam plan is no longer available in nigeria. Residential and business(fixed site) plan are available. Business plan includes unlimited standard data with Unlimited Standard Data, Public IP, Network Priority and Priority Support. I guess this means the business plan is better than residential.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by sonickay(m): 2:55pm On Jul 18
I have not been near my laptop recently.

On your laptop, go to 192.168.0.100 (TP Link admin page), you will see a section for VPN Client under network
ibietela2:

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by sonickay(m): 2:57pm On Jul 18
It does o, make the bros no go buy VPN of 200k o except TP Link is paying for the VPN
ibietela2:

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by RoddyStan: 5:59pm On Jul 18
sonickay:
It does o, make the bros no go buy VPN of 200k o except TP Link is paying for the VPN

I don't understand yiu sir, if I buy the ax55, I don't need to subscribe for vpn again?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by sonickay(m): 7:44pm On Jul 18
You have to. I erroneously believed the vpn on my router is free too, till I discovered it’s my responsibility to add my I chose either free or pain. Tplink only provides the platform to do that without having to install con software
RoddyStan:

I don't understand yiu sir, if I buy the ax55, I don't need to subscribe for vpn again?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by sonickay(m): 10:46pm On Jul 18
Here are screenshots. Just don’t know how to set it up yet
ibietela2:

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 12:06am On Jul 19
sonickay:
Here are screenshots. Just don’t know how to set it up yet

What’s your firmware version? The 4.6 doesn’t have VPN.

I have already purchased the AX73
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 12:09am On Jul 19
RoddyStan:

I think so, yes looks like the AX55
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 12:11am On Jul 19
GoodBoi1:
On starlink website, roam plan is no longer available in nigeria. Residential and business(fixed site) plan are available. Business plan includes unlimited standard data with Unlimited Standard Data, Public IP, Network Priority and Priority Support. I guess this means the business plan is better than residential.

BUSINESS
Residential

The business plan is going to be better
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by sonickay(m): 8:07am On Jul 19
2.73 or so.

Let me know how you setup the vpn when you do please
ibietela2:

What’s your firmware version? The 4.6 doesn’t have VPN.

I have already purchased the AX73
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 10:42am On Jul 19
ibietela2:
Since i did this bypass mode i have seen improved speed, I can't argue with the person who said external router makes it better.
When I posted it, one fowl argued with me.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 10:52am On Jul 19
sonickay:
+234 816 073 7271 is her number

Here is a picture of the Router. I have also attached a screenshot from the Tether App for the router which allows you to see which devices are connected and manage the network from anywhere without being ohysically close to it.
I believe your router is EU model. The AX23 I use for Easymesh has free parental controls, while my main AX73 US parental controls is locked behind a paywall.

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by sonickay(m): 11:02am On Jul 19
Oh, I havent checked the parental settings out but I dont think there is any paywall on the Router so far.

35 clients, are you in a market? And how do you bill users or you made it free? It's been hard for me to pin down subscribers cos I am in a residential area with poor power supply.

Hoping it gets better when I connect inverter (but sun is not good now)
PotatoSalad:

I believe your router is EU model. The AX23 I use for Easymesh has free parental controls, while my main AX73 US parental controls is locked behind a paywall.

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by sonickay(m): 11:06am On Jul 19
Wait, is EasyMesh and how much did this cost
PotatoSalad:

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 11:31am On Jul 19
sonickay:
Oh, I havent checked the parental settings out but I dont think there is any paywall on the Router so far.

35 clients, are you in a market? And how do you bill users or you made it free? It's been hard for me to pin down subscribers cos I am in a residential area with poor power supply.

Hoping it gets better when I connect inverter (but sun is not good now)
I believe it's on the US versions only. Mad company 😑

Smart home 😂. Close to 80 IOT devices. WiFi and Zigbee

2 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 11:41am On Jul 19
sonickay:
Wait, is EasyMesh and how much did this cost
Basically a network of TP Link routers or extenders that support Easymesh to extend WiFi signal. So devices connect to whichever router is closest to them without breaking connection. Plus you get wireless backhaul with wired connections via LAN ports on the mesh devices.

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 12:05pm On Jul 19
RoddyStan:

Be careful about buying TP link routers in Naija especially if you use Fouani assembled LG smart TVs and samsung galaxy devices.
Those routers are EU versions shipped from UAE. You'll be limited to a few 5Ghz channels only.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 12:41pm On Jul 19
PotatoSalad:

Be careful about buying TP link routers in Naija especially if you use Fouani assembled LG smart TVs and samsung galaxy devices.
Those routers are EU versions shipped from UAE. You'll be limited to a few 5Ghz channels only.
I agree with you. The speed my LG smart TV is getting from my TP-Link router is nothing to write home about compared to the speed coming directly from starlink router in my bedroom undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (84) (Reply)

Top 13 Sites To Download HD Movies For Free / How To Check BIS Balance For All Networks In Nigeria / Complete Bible Download Site?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.