Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,564 members, 7,965,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 10:46 AM

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria - Phones (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria (149661 Views)

My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 7:31am On Jul 21
ibietela2:

Interesting, the AX73 was mistakenly cancelled and now it goes for $150+

Might just get the AX55, didn’t see 23 on Amazon
Tbh, if you can afford the extra $50, get the AX73. It's more future proof than the AX55 plus you are getting 6 streams and triple core CPU instead of 4 and dual core on the AX55.
There won't really be a significant difference between your AX21 and the AX55, but you'll feel the Oomph of the AX73. grin

2 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 7:31am On Jul 21
PotatoSalad:

That's because your Starlink 5ghz uses channels 36 to 48. For some unknown reasons, they use EU regulations for Naija.
Your LG TV will only work on 5ghz channels 149 to 165, so it'll just connect to 2.4ghz which is slower.
Only solution is to open a ticket in Starlink customer service and have them manually change your 5Ghz channel to 161, or you get their ethernet adapter and a third-party US router and have full control over your Starlink.
Same reason Samsung Galaxy phones and tablets with EU wifi radios won't be able to connect to starlink 5Ghz. Might work sometimes if you reboot your phone and connect fast fast grin
See Starlink's response when i told them to change my 5Ghz frequency to channel 161.

I don't understand undecided

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 7:35am On Jul 21
georgee:

See Starlink's response when i told them to change my 5Ghz frequency to channel 161.

I don't understand undecided
Automated response hehe. You should reopen another ticket and tell them your TV can't find your 5Ghz network instead of being direct and telling them to change it to 161 cheesy
They can even see all your connected devices and ask you if it's been resolved. Yeye router. If you have the funds, get the adapter and bypass.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 7:36am On Jul 21
PotatoSalad:

Automated response hehe. You should reopen another ticket and tell them your TV can't find your 5Ghz network instead of being direct and telling them to change it to 161 cheesy
They can even see all your connected devices and ask you if it's been resolved. Yeye router. If you have the funds, get the adapter and bypass.
I have the adapter.. I am also on bypass
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 7:38am On Jul 21
georgee:

I have the adapter.. I am also on bypass
So why did you message them? Enter your router settings and change the channel naa lol.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 7:40am On Jul 21
PotatoSalad:

So why did you message them? Enter your router settings and change the channel naa lol.
I no sabi ooo

U go school me like me ABC student oo

Then my router no get 'smart connect'
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 7:42am On Jul 21
PotatoSalad:

I no sabi ooo

U go school me like me ABC student oo

Then my router no get 'smart connect'
I don dey chat u on watsapp
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 8:29am On Jul 21
PotatoSalad:

Tbh, if you can afford the extra $50, get the AX73. It's more future proof than the AX55 plus you are getting 6 streams and triple core CPU instead of 4 and dual core on the AX55.
There won't really be a significant difference between your AX21 and the AX55, but you'll feel the Oomph of the AX73. grin

Thanks, I will get the AX73 then.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by RoddyStan: 9:30am On Jul 21
ibietela2:

Link to the 73? The price is now $150+ o and I mistakenly cancelled mine.

Madam has warned me not to buy another one, might get a lower price one
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TH4D3QV/ref=cm_sw_r_as_gl_api_gl_i_0NC31H9QEP7HSKVEYAHD?linkCode=ml2&tag=thequirer-20

Lmao, that's why I said you should send your own link when I saw 150$
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Sulejamade: 11:20am On Jul 21
martyns303:

Got bluegate when I first bought my Starlink, it was almost N100k forgotten the capacity, I also needed something to hold the Starlink for no more than 30mins, the problem is that the bluegate life depletes with time, and a time will come when you would need more than 30mins. Eventually got a EcoFlow power station for N520k, 720W capacity, takes less than 1hour to charge to 100% and keeps the starlink powered for up to 12 hours. I actually contacted the manufacturer and was told I could use it like a UPS, so now I leave the starlink permanently plugged to the power station, and the power station plugged to a wall socket.

Thanks.

How long did the bluegate last before it became unusable (less than 20mins backup)

I want something in the interim, the next few months, before I'm ready to switch to a full inverter setup for the full house

We get steady light here, so I am not too worried about excessive backup duration. Just want mainly to stop the starlink from going on and off and disrupting my Internet and avoid damage too
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 1:27pm On Jul 21
RoddyStan:

Lmao, that's why I said you should send your own link when I saw 150$

Links its same, the offers per user sometimes are different, mine too is now 150... Let me do solar first before I get another router.
Paying 38k only to use less than 1 week hours out of 30 days is not good for myself.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by RoddyStan: 4:20pm On Jul 21
ibietela2:

Links its same, the offers per user sometimes are different, mine too is now 150... Let me do solar first before I get another router.
Paying 38k only to use less than 1 week hours out of 30 days is not good for myself.
extracting maximum value🤣🤣
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 5:14pm On Jul 21
RoddyStan:
extracting maximum value🤣🤣

Yes o, the biggest problem is the light here is LOW CURRENT, can't carry the starlink router.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by RoddyStan: 6:24pm On Jul 21
ibietela2:

Yes o, the biggest problem is the light here is LOW CURRENT, can't carry the starlink router.
The router dey chop power like that?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 7:04pm On Jul 21
RoddyStan:

The router dey chop power like that?

The light no fit carry laptop charger so no be router fault
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by RoddyStan: 8:52am On Jul 22
ibietela2:

The light no fit carry laptop charger so no be router fault
Gm, can I order the starlink ethernet adapter on konga?
Or it has to be from starlink's website?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 11:25am On Jul 22
RoddyStan:

Anywhere as long as it starlink adapter
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by tyhwo: 1:19pm On Jul 23
Hello guys, pls what are the advantages of using the tp link router, does it increase the speed from my starlink? cos i am currently getting not so great speed from starlink due to the roaming plan i am using.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 4:16pm On Jul 23
RoddyStan:

starlink site, from the app too
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 4:29pm On Jul 23
tyhwo:
Hello guys, pls what are the advantages of using the tp link router, does it increase the speed from my starlink? cos i am currently getting not so great speed from starlink due to the roaming plan i am using.

it helps stabilise things, gives you better wifi control.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 6:58pm On Jul 23
As seen on reddit

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by martyns303(m): 7:35pm On Jul 23
Sulejamade:

Thanks.

How long did the bluegate last before it became unusable (less than 20mins backup)

I want something in the interim, the next few months, before I'm ready to switch to a full inverter setup for the full house

We get steady light here, so I am not too worried about excessive backup duration. Just want mainly to stop the starlink from going on and off and disrupting my Internet and avoid damage too

The blue gate hasn’t parked up yet. I can still get a solid 20mins before it goes off. When I first got it, I can get 35+. If you have steady light and u plan on getting inverter then you may not need the power station.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by QuoteJust1nce: 7:38pm On Jul 23
ibietela2:

it helps stabilise things, gives you better wifi control.

If you are in Lagos forget it. Lagos don choke !
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by sonickay(m): 9:03pm On Jul 23
What’s your average speed and where have you setup your dish?
tyhwo:
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 10:14pm On Jul 23
QuoteJust1nce:

Abuja is choked too. In fact, the only time of the day I get up to 150Mbps to 200+Mbps is after midnight, even with 3rd party router. 100Mbps is a herculean task to achieve during the day.

The only people really enjoying Starlink in Nigeria these days are those who live outside of Abuja, Lagos and Kano.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by QuoteJust1nce: 10:43pm On Jul 23
BadMaster:

Abuja is choked too. In fact, the only time of the day I get up to 150Mbps to 200+Mbps is after midnight, even with 3rd party router. 100Mbps is a herculean task to achieve during the day.

The only people really enjoying Starlink in Nigeria these days are those who live outside of Abuja, Lagos and Kano.

I swear. If you like use a router made in heaven; during the day ehn; na die. I am now forced to stay awake
late into the nights to do heavy downloads.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by RoddyStan: 7:03am On Jul 24
QuoteJust1nce:

I swear. If you like use a router made in heaven; during the day ehn; na die. I am now forced to stay awake
late into the nights to do heavy downloads.
Does this mean it's not much better than mtn?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by tyhwo: 8:41am On Jul 24
10 to 20mbps on roaming plan here in lagos
sonickay:
What’s your average speed and where have you setup your dish?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by tyhwo: 8:41am On Jul 24
wahala, make elon open space for more residential plan
QuoteJust1nce:

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by QuoteJust1nce: 9:06am On Jul 24
RoddyStan:

Does this mean it's not much better than mtn?

As far as reliablity and pricing goes, it's far better than MTN
But the speed has dropped considerably especially during the day
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 9:10am On Jul 24
tyhwo:
wahala, make elon open space for more residential plan
If they do that, it would further slow the network down, which is already slow as it is.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 9:12am On Jul 24
BadMaster:

If they do that, it would further slow the network down, which is already slow as it is.

How would that slow the network further?

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (84) (Reply)

Top 13 Sites To Download HD Movies For Free / How To Check BIS Balance For All Networks In Nigeria / Complete Bible Download Site?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.