Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,268 members, 7,932,156 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 07:39 PM

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria - Phones (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria (136830 Views)

My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Ayomipoe(m): 12:58pm On Jul 19
I have the 50ft cable o. I switched to the 150ft, the old one is just lying around.
ibietela2:
Na so I damage my replacement cable.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 1:08pm On Jul 19
georgee:

I agree with you. The speed my LG smart TV is getting from my TP-Link router is nothing to write home about compared to the speed coming directly from starlink router in my bedroom undecided
That's because your Starlink 5ghz uses channels 36 to 48. For some unknown reasons, they use EU regulations for Naija.
Your LG TV will only work on 5ghz channels 149 to 165, so it'll just connect to 2.4ghz which is slower.
Only solution is to open a ticket in Starlink customer service and have them manually change your 5Ghz channel to 161, or you get their ethernet adapter and a third-party US router and have full control over your Starlink.
Same reason Samsung Galaxy phones and tablets with EU wifi radios won't be able to connect to starlink 5Ghz. Might work sometimes if you reboot your phone and connect fast fast grin
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 1:23pm On Jul 19
sonickay:
2.73 or so.

Let me know how you setup the vpn when you do please

When it arrives

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 1:24pm On Jul 19
PotatoSalad:

When I posted it, one fowl argued with me.

It’s now more stable especially during download.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 1:24pm On Jul 19
Ayomipoe:
I have the 50ft cable o. I switched to the 150ft, the old one is just lying around.

My old cable too dey
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 1:28pm On Jul 19
ibietela2:

It’s now more stable especially during download.
It gets even better.
350Mbps+ in the afternoon.

2 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 2:12pm On Jul 19
PotatoSalad:

That's because your Starlink 5ghz uses channels 36 to 48. For some unknown reasons, they use EU regulations for Naija.
Your LG TV will only work on 5ghz channels 149 to 165, so it'll just connect to 2.4ghz which is slower.
Only solution is to open a ticket in Starlink customer service and have them manually change your 5Ghz channel to 161, or you get their ethernet adapter and a third-party US router and have full control over your Starlink.
Same reason Samsung Galaxy phones and tablets with EU wifi radios won't be able to connect to starlink 5Ghz. Might work sometimes if you reboot your phone and connect fast fast grin
Thanks for your contribution

I av and currently use starlink ethernet adapter along with TP-Link router.

My Samsung phone is now seeing starlink's 5Ghz after updating the OS

Let me ask you, which of the band is my TP-Link router feeding from? The 2.4gh or 5Ghz
I am on bypass mode

See my arrangement.
My Starlink router and ethernet adapter are located in my bedroom upstairs. Network cable runs from my ethernet adapter down to my sitting room that warehouses the TP-Link router.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 6:57pm On Jul 19
PotatoSalad:

It gets even better.

Since I started using the external router I have seen 11MB/S, but 43? WOOOOW
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 7:21pm On Jul 19
PotatoSalad:

It gets even better.
Guy, are you sure you are using the same Starlink as I am?🤔 Because getting 100Mbps these days is a herculean task for me.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 7:53pm On Jul 19
georgee:

Let me ask you, which of the band is my TP-Link router feeding from? The 2.4gh or 5Ghz
I am on bypass mode

See my arrangement.
My Starlink router and ethernet adapter are located in my bedroom upstairs. Network cable runs from my ethernet adapter down to my sitting room that warehouses the TP-Link router.

It automatically assigns 2.5 or 5Ghz that is best for the device... my lappy supports both but 5Ghz is what the router gives it
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by RoddyStan: 6:28am On Jul 20
PotatoSalad:

Be careful about buying TP link routers in Naija especially if you use Fouani assembled LG smart TVs and samsung galaxy devices.
Those routers are EU versions shipped from UAE. You'll be limited to a few 5Ghz channels only.

Where do you now recommend to buy?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by brightk(m): 7:49am On Jul 20
i am trying to activate starlink for a friend in ajah axis.. starlink says no No services are available at this address. Please try a different address.

any solution to this
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 8:34am On Jul 20
una good morning, please i need something to carry my laptop and Starlink while I work for a bigger one that powers my house, how do I go about it?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 9:22am On Jul 20
PotatoSalad:

Thanks.. I have created a ticket for my 5Ghz to be changed to Channel 161
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 9:29am On Jul 20
PotatoSalad:

It gets even better.
As in ehnn. To test speed is always in the lower numbers for me this days. However, my downloads they always fly. Na make them just no increase price be my prayers.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by sonickay(m): 1:17pm On Jul 20
I haven’t experienced any drop.

Interesting enough the Router gives far greater speed than Starlink Router does
georgee:

I agree with you. The speed my LG smart TV is getting from my TP-Link router is nothing to write home about compared to the speed coming directly from starlink router in my bedroom undecided

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by sonickay(m): 1:19pm On Jul 20
I don’t have this issue with my Samsung phones though. It automatically selects 5G and I have a lot of iPhones connected to 5G band
ibietela2:

It automatically assigns 2.5 or 5Ghz that is best for the device... my lappy supports both but 5Ghz is what the router gives it
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by sonickay(m): 1:20pm On Jul 20
Check earlier pages. Solutions is there
brightk:
i am trying to activate starlink for a friend in ajah axis.. starlink says no No services are available at this address. Please try a different address.

any solution to this
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by GoodBoi1(m): 1:42pm On Jul 20
brightk:

any solution to this
No plans on the list like residential or roam. Can you send a screenshot of the list of plans you are seeing?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by brightk(m): 2:03pm On Jul 20
sonickay:
Check earlier pages. Solutions is there
pages many bro.. can u direct me
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Ethereum: 3:17pm On Jul 20
ibietela2:

What’s your firmware version? The 4.6 doesn’t have VPN.

I have already purchased the AX73

I am considering getting same AX73 as well but still trying to decide wether to get it now or wait till you drop your speed test review after yours arrive.
I believe na still shiptonaija you used as usual.
How long does it normally take to arrive? And how much you spend in total along with shipment etc?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by sonickay(m): 4:51pm On Jul 20
Start from 60
brightk:
pages many bro.. can u direct me
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 5:29pm On Jul 20
Ethereum:

I am considering getting same AX73 as well but still trying to decide wether to get it now or wait till you drop your speed test review after yours arrive.
How long does it normally take to arrive? And how much you spend in total along with shipment etc?

Yes, ShipToNaija.
Cost is different, I ship with other items.

The AX21 stabilised things especially downloads, I guess the 73 will be same but with VPN client which I require.

Got it for $108 (prime membership), but the price is $119.99
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 8:00pm On Jul 20
Please guys does anyone use Waka TV. If yes can I get payment plans for it. Thanks in advance
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 8:31pm On Jul 20
georgee:

I am on bypass mode

See my arrangement.
Disable smart connect on your tp link.
It'll split the 2 bands. Then you can connect to whichever one you like.
A bot here banned me yesterday grin
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 8:32pm On Jul 20
BadMaster:

Guy, are you sure you are using the same Starlink as I am?🤔 Because getting 100Mbps these days is a herculean task for me.
Are you bypassed?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 8:34pm On Jul 20
RoddyStan:

Where do you now recommend to buy?
Check for (US, CA, JP) versions if you're buying routers like TP Link.
Avoid EU version.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 8:43pm On Jul 20
PotatoSalad:

Disable smart connect on your tp link.
It'll split the 2 bands. Then you can connect to whichever one you like.
A bot here banned me yesterday grin

How do i do that?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by RoddyStan: 8:54pm On Jul 20
ibietela2:

Yes, ShipToNaija.
Cost is different, I ship with other items.

The AX21 stabilised things especially downloads, I guess the 73 will be same but with VPN client which I require.

Got it for $108 (prime membership), but the price is $119.99

Can you send link to this?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 9:01pm On Jul 20
Ethereum:

AX73 speed test tonight.

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 9:03pm On Jul 20
georgee:

How do i do that?
Go to your tp link dashboard via browser, not the tether app.
Go to settings, advanced, wireless. Untick smart connect to split the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (78) (Reply)

How To Link Your NIN With MTN Online (full Steps) / MTN Reviews Call Tariff: Call Rates As Low As 10kobo Across All Networks / Yoruba Bible Free Download

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.