Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:55 PM

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria - Phones (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria (124931 Views)

My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 10:18am On Jul 24
odimbannamdi:

How would that slow the network further?
These areas are already saturated, hence they have reached capacity. The only way more users can be added is when Starlink commits more resources to these areas or a bunch users move to other unsaturated locations.

2 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by RoddyStan: 10:27am On Jul 24
QuoteJust1nce:

As far as reliablity and pricing goes, it's far better than MTN
But the speed has dropped considerably especially during the day
Okay, but still gets the job done
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by tyhwo: 11:18am On Jul 24
But folks that uses the residential are much more stable than the roaming plan
BadMaster:

If they do that, it would further slow the network down, which is already slow as it is.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 11:46am On Jul 24
I don't know if others are experiencing this. It takes about 10 extra minutes for connection due to searching for satellite. He don choke.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 12:22pm On Jul 24
tyhwo:
But folks that uses the residential are much more stable than the roaming plan
In locations like Lagos and Abuja, the difference isn't much these days.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 12:28pm On Jul 24
ibawon:
I don't know if others are experiencing this. It takes about 10 extra minutes for connection due to searching for satellite. He don choke.
That's not a capacity issue. Most likely, your Starlink's gps component is now faulty. Mine was behaving that way, I escalated it to support, and I was sent a replacement kit.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 1:35pm On Jul 24
BadMaster:

That's not a capacity issue. Most likely, your Starlink's gps component is now faulty. Mine was behaving that way, I escalated it to support, and I was sent a replacement kit.
I collect am nau he never reach 2 months oo
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by sonickay(m): 1:54pm On Jul 24
Well, may be depends on location in Lagos then. I still get average of 30 to 50mbps during peak periods of the day excluding evenings though.

When I tried to preorder earlier, I was placed on 2025 waiting list. However, another attempt to order to my location now says service will be expanded in 2024.

Hopefully, they will add more satellites cos Nigeria's internet demands is not about meeting needs of users in rural areas, the urban population are tired of cleaning up after major network providers and looking for easy way out
QuoteJust1nce:

I swear. If you like use a router made in heaven; during the day ehn; na die. I am now forced to stay awake
late into the nights to do heavy downloads.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 2:38pm On Jul 24
ibawon:

I collect am nau he never reach 2 months oo
If it persists, open a new support ticket on the issue.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 8:21pm On Jul 24
BadMaster:

If it persists, open a new support ticket on the issue.
Ok Nau. Thanks Baba šŸ‘šŸ¼
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by udatso: 7:29am
Didn't know Starlink was this generous. My subscription expired for over 2 months, they attempted to renew for me but failed. They didn't cut my service for these two months. I just credited the account some days back and renewed with 76k for the two months. I had thought upon expiration my service would be yanked off immediately

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by tyhwo: 12:08pm
udatso:
Didn't know Starlink was this generous. My subscription expired for over 2 months, they attempted to renew for me but failed. They didn't cut my service for these two months. I just credited the account some days back and renewed with 76k for the two months. I had thought upon expiration my service would be yanked off immediately
that is sweet
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by WhiteIverson: 6:22pm
GBOLAGBURUGBURU:
Nnaaa guys, sorry for posting here,
I just needed an active topic slightly related.

Iā€™m about you pay 150k annually for 1.5TB 5g router.

I guess my question is has anyone done this before, is it worth it?
My boss, sorry to bother you. Please you fit do me 2k for dinner?

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (Reply)

MTN Already Tested 5G In Nigeria (Screenshot) / kjdfkdfl / Tecno M7 Specifications And Features

Viewing this topic: jmaine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.