Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,511 members, 7,904,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 11:47 PM

Are We Still Evolving? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are We Still Evolving? (4562 Views)

Evolving Christianity: Where Does The Church/faith Stands Today? / Nigerian Are Tayad Of Fighting The Politician, Evolving Towards Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We Still Evolving? by tctrills: 6:28am On Jan 09, 2023
jaephoenix:

Really? What was best for mankind was wiping out the whole world with the flood? Really? cheesy
If you read the bible, you would learn that death comes to all men and all men would live again.
Why do you think the flood was a bad idea?
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by jaephoenix(m): 7:10am On Jan 09, 2023
tctrills:

If you read the bible, you would learn that death comes to all men and all men would live again.
Why do you think the flood was a bad idea?
Right. Since death comes to all men, why not simply jump into a zoo filled with lions. Would even save your family funeral costs.
Oh, and why the flood was a bad idea? Why dont you stay under a swimming pool for 30 minutes. Lets see how you'll enjoy it
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by tctrills: 7:47am On Jan 09, 2023
jaephoenix:

Right. Since death comes to all men, why not simply jump into a zoo filled with lions. Would even save your family funeral costs.
Oh, and why the flood was a bad idea? Why dont you stay under a swimming pool for 30 minutes. Lets see how you'll enjoy it
This is very different. It was the giver of life himself that chooses when and how to take away life.
So if I gave you my Play station for a while, would you tag me a bad person when I come to take it back?
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by jaephoenix(m): 11:25pm On Jan 09, 2023
tctrills:

This is very different. It was the giver of life himself that chooses when and how to take away life.
So if I gave you my Play station for a while, would you tag me a bad person when I come to take it back?
The regular response christians give. When yhwh heals, he's a loving god. When he kills, he's just taking back what he gave.
But you conveniently forgot, he knows his creations would sin and knows the exact time they would sin, but he still went ahead to create them. In fact in the bibles confusion, it stated that god was searching for Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. You mean an omniscient god can't figure out where his creatures were hiding? grin
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by tctrills: 4:38am On Jan 10, 2023
[quote author=jaephoenix post=119881697]
The regular response christians give. When yhwh heals, he's a loving god. When he kills, he's just taking back what he gave.
But you conveniently forgot, he knows his creations would sin and knows the exact time they would sin, but he still went ahead to create them. In fact in the bibles confusion, it stated that god was searching for Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. You mean an omniscient god can't figure out where his creatures were hiding? ;

You keep forgetting that death is only temporal. And all that God does is for the good of mankind. You see death as the worse thing that could happen to man when in reality it's just moving from one phase to another. The good die, the bad die. No one would escape it. So when God takes someone's life.
Also, you know that your kids would misbehave at one point or the other so why would you still have kids?
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by tctrills: 4:47am On Jan 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

But you conveniently forgot, he knows his creations would sin and knows the exact time they would sin, but he still went ahead to create them. In fact in the bibles confusion, it stated that god was searching for Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. You mean an omniscient god can't figure out where his creatures were hiding? grin

Man is an eternal being. Death is only a separation of the body and the spirit. It's only the body that dies.
Again through Christ all men shall be resurrected.
Also, it's ok if you don't agree or believe the bible but at least you should quote it correctly so we don't start arguing over nothing. The bible never stated that God was searching for Adam and Eve. Please let's stick to the more relevant arguments.
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by jaephoenix(m): 11:23am On Jan 10, 2023
[quote author=tctrills post=119884586][/quote]
You dodged the most important question in that post cheesy
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by jaephoenix(m): 11:23am On Jan 10, 2023
[quote author=tctrills post=119884586][/quote]

Re: Are We Still Evolving? by tctrills: 11:24am On Jan 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

It was not intentional. Repeat the question.
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by jaephoenix(m): 11:26am On Jan 10, 2023
tctrills:

Man is an eternal being. Death is only a separation of the body and the spirit. It's only the body that dies.
Again through Christ all men shall be resurrected.
Also, it's ok if you don't agree or believe the bible but at least you should quote it correctly so we don't start arguing over nothing. The bible never stated that God was searching for Adam and Eve. Please let's stick to the more relevant arguments.

Genesis 3
Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden.
But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?"
He answered, "I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid."

If I knew where you were, would I ask you "where are you"? cheesy
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by Aemmyjah(m): 11:30am On Jan 10, 2023
Two misled Confusionist confusing each other with lies a d misleading statements

One is misrepresenting God and the Bible with his own philosophy/ideology. The other atheist with half sense fooling himself with fallacies promoting what he THINKS he knows about the Bible...
Blind men in a dark room where the floor is slippery arguing on how to find the way out
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by tctrills: 12:23pm On Jan 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

Genesis 3
Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden.
But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?"
He answered, "I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid."

If I knew where you were, would I ask you "where are you"? cheesy
This is not a strong argument. Let me give you an example. I had 2 workers come to do some work for me. They thought I was out of town and so they went to watch a match in a football center. I saw them and called asking that very question, where are you?

In Genesis 4
God asked Cain, where is your brother? Even though God perfectly knew what happened. This should not be controversial na.
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by Michael547(m): 12:55pm On Jan 10, 2023
paxonel:
No scripture in the bible has debunk the possibility of Evolution and natural selection as a thousand years is like a day before God.

In other words, the seven days creation might implies several seven thousands of years or even light years.

EVOLUTION IS REAL
Hmmm...I find your concept interesting.....lets discuss on WhatsApp 08167469103
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by Michael547(m): 1:09pm On Jan 10, 2023
paxonel:
ok, let's analyse what's i have said grin
What exactly did i add?
Is it my saying God had created every other creature before creating man or it is possible that dinosaur must have been created and got extinct before man was created or homosapien evolved from the created man?
Which one? grin
I say IT IS POSSIBLE THAT..
I didn't say the bible said..

So, i never added to the bible.
Rather, i was pointing out the possibility that it may have occurred even before the bible was documented
grin grin grin
See your reasoning!

Ok, you must know that
1. the existence of dinosaur was only known at recent times through the discovery of fossils. Hence, the name dinosaur was given to the species recently, not at the time it existed
2. The names that all living things or creation bears today were never the names that was given to them during creation. For instance, lion was called something else not lion.
The name lion is even the common English name : panthera leo which is the latin scientic name wasn't even the name of the species some thousands of years ago, rather it was something else.

So, you coming to say Adam should have brought the name dinosaur, I mean, do you hear yourself talking? grin
the bible isn't a science book that it should be talking about variations, homo sapiens, apes, evolution or whatever.

I didn't mention it because i got it from the bible. I mention it because since the bible affirmed that a thousand years is like a day to God, then it is possible that evolution must have occurred
Let's discuss on WhatsApp 08167469103
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by Michael547(m): 1:17pm On Jan 10, 2023
43Ronin:

So if God made man from sand and not like the chimps, why does man look like a chimp? Was man created in the image of God or chimp/Ape? Now if man was created by God does it man God resembles man and also an Ape??
Chat me up on WhatsApp for the answer to those questions....08167469103
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by jaephoenix(m): 3:00pm On Jan 11, 2023
tctrills:

This is not a strong argument. Let me give you an example. I had 2 workers come to do some work for me. They thought I was out of town and so they went to watch a match in a football center. I saw them and called asking that very question, where are you?

In Genesis 4
God asked Cain, where is your brother? Even though God perfectly knew what happened. This should not be controversial na.
You called them on a phone, right? Did yhwh call those guys on a phone? If he knew where they were, why ask them 'where are you?'
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by jaephoenix(m): 3:06pm On Jan 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:
Two misled Confusionist confusing each other with lies a d misleading statements

One is misrepresenting God and the Bible with his own philosophy/ideology. The other atheist with half sense fooling himself with fallacies promoting what he THINKS he knows about the Bible...
Blind men in a dark room where the floor is slippery arguing on how to find the way out
Have you mol3sted any kids today? Please do and get busy so we can have sane guys here
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by tctrills: 3:59pm On Jan 11, 2023
jaephoenix:

You called them on a phone, right? Did yhwh call those guys on a phone? If he knew where they were, why ask them 'where are you?'
Now we are making unnecessary arguments. When God asked Cain, where is your brother, did he use a phone?
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by jaephoenix(m): 3:38pm On Jan 12, 2023
tctrills:

Now we are making unnecessary arguments. When God asked Cain, where is your brother, did he use a phone?
Youre the one that made an example with a phone. But why would yhwh ask Cain where his bro was when he knew where he was?
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by Aemmyjah(m): 3:41pm On Jan 12, 2023
jaephoenix:

Youre the one that made an example with a phone. But why would yhwh ask Cain where his bro was when he knew where he was?

Lol
This apeman
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by Aemmyjah(m): 3:42pm On Jan 12, 2023
tctrills:

If you see a sane person exchanging words with a mad man, you'll doubt the person is really sane
Arguing with a fool makes you like him bro
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:17pm On Jan 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:

If you see a sane person exchanging words with a mad man, you'll doubt the person is really sane. Arguing with a fool makes you like him bro
Why not make him realize his stupidity without actually calling him a "FOOL"?
An atheist only want to prove to you that you're stupid for believing (trusting) in the book called "Bible" but when you carefully scrutinize him you will discover that all his life depends on what he also read in books! cheesy

He asked you why calling on phones but comparing to Jehovah who didn't use phones, right?

Well i've told him several times that science is what humans discover after a long time that the Bible has informed us that it's possible.

Before now phones are stationed in a particular place where everyone comes in to make calls but go to those countries today it has all been removed.
WHY? Well humans have discovered that it's possible to talk with someone far away anywhere we are as long as network is there.

Who first made use of such technology?
Where was it first heard?
Well it's no other place but inside the Bible!

Let them continue deceiving themselves thinking they know better than those ancient men who recorded all these things before we now discovered how possible it is! wink
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by tctrills: 4:57pm On Jan 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:

If you see a sane person exchanging words with a mad man, you'll doubt the person is really sane
Arguing with a fool makes you like him bro
I don't agree with you. First we learn from each other. Again, others could come across our discussion and pick a think or two.
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by tctrills: 5:00pm On Jan 12, 2023
jaephoenix:

Please read the verse, you would see that God knew what Cain had done to his brother.
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by jaephoenix(m): 12:37am On Jan 15, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Why not make him realize his stupidity without actually calling him a "FOOL"?
An atheist only want to prove to you that you're stupid for believing (trusting) in the book called "Bible" but when you carefully scrutinize him you will discover that all his life depends on what he also read in books! cheesy

He asked you why calling on phones but comparing to Jehovah who didn't use phones, right?

Well i've told him several times that science is what humans discover after a long time that the Bible has informed us that it's possible.

Before now phones are stationed in a particular place where everyone comes in to make calls but go to those countries today it has all been removed.
WHY? Well humans have discovered that it's possible to talk with someone far away anywhere we are as long as network is there.

Who first made use of such technology?
Where was it first heard?
Well it's no other place but inside the Bible!

Let them continue deceiving themselves thinking they know better than those ancient men who recorded all these things before we now discovered how possible it is! wink

MadMax, is there anything you believe that wasn't written in books? grin
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:40am On Jan 15, 2023
jaephoenix:

MadMax, is there anything you believe that wasn't written in books? grin

Gilgamesh! cheesy
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by jaephoenix(m): 12:42am On Jan 15, 2023
tctrills:

Please read the verse, you would see that God knew what Cain had done to his brother.
I did. Thats wonderment on the part of your god.
Another instance…..
Numbers 22

1. Then the Israelites traveled to the plains of Moab and camped along the Jordan across from Jericho.

2 Now Balak son of Zippor saw all that Israel had done to the Amorites, 3 and Moab was terrified because there were so many people. Indeed, Moab was filled with dread because of the Israelites.

4 The Moabites said to the elders of Midian, “This horde is going to lick up everything around us, as an ox licks up the grass of the field.”

So Balak son of Zippor, who was king of Moab at that time, 5 sent messengers to summon Balaam son of Beor, who was at Pethor, near the Euphrates River, in his native land. Balak said:

“A people has come out of Egypt; they cover the face of the land and have settled next to me. 6 Now come and put a curse on these people, because they are too powerful for me. Perhaps then I will be able to defeat them and drive them out of the land. For I know that whoever you bless is blessed, and whoever you curse is cursed.”

7 The elders of Moab and Midian left, taking with them the fee for divination. When they came to Balaam, they told him what Balak had said.

8 “Spend the night here,” Balaam said to them, “and I will report back to you with the answer the Lord gives me.” So the Moabite officials stayed with him.

9 God came to Balaam and asked, “Who are these men with you?”
10 Balaam said to God, “Balak son of Zippor, king of Moab, sent me this message:
11 ‘A people that has come out of Egypt covers the face of the land. Now come and put a curse on them for me. Perhaps then I will be able to fight them and drive them away.’”

Does this sound like an omniscient god? cheesy
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by jaephoenix(m): 12:44am On Jan 15, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Gilgamesh! cheesy
Maybe I should borrow a leaf from Buda and step up my gaslighting antics. You seem to love it
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by tctrills: 5:43am On Jan 15, 2023
jaephoenix:

I did. Thats wonderment on the part of your god.
Another instance…..
Numbers 22

1. Then the Israelites traveled to the plains of Moab and camped along the Jordan across from Jericho.

2 Now Balak son of Zippor saw all that Israel had done to the Amorites, 3 and Moab was terrified because there were so many people. Indeed, Moab was filled with dread because of the Israelites.

4 The Moabites said to the elders of Midian, “This horde is going to lick up everything around us, as an ox licks up the grass of the field.”

So Balak son of Zippor, who was king of Moab at that time, 5 sent messengers to summon Balaam son of Beor, who was at Pethor, near the Euphrates River, in his native land. Balak said:

“A people has come out of Egypt; they cover the face of the land and have settled next to me. 6 Now come and put a curse on these people, because they are too powerful for me. Perhaps then I will be able to defeat them and drive them out of the land. For I know that whoever you bless is blessed, and whoever you curse is cursed.”

7 The elders of Moab and Midian left, taking with them the fee for divination. When they came to Balaam, they told him what Balak had said.

8 “Spend the night here,” Balaam said to them, “and I will report back to you with the answer the Lord gives me.” So the Moabite officials stayed with him.

9 God came to Balaam and asked, “Who are these men with you?”
10 Balaam said to God, “Balak son of Zippor, king of Moab, sent me this message:
11 ‘A people that has come out of Egypt covers the face of the land. Now come and put a curse on them for me. Perhaps then I will be able to fight them and drive them away.’”

Does this sound like an omniscient god? cheesy
Have you ever asked a question that you already know the answer?
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by TradingGod: 8:41am On Jan 15, 2023
jaephoenix:

Fine.
So he knew Adam would fall for the tree if evil, but he still went ahead and planted it by him?
He knew the devil would deceive humanity but he still went ahead and created him?
Answer these 2 and I'll ask some more
LORD JESUS planted the tree for Adam use but it was not yet time for Adam to eat of it.

Adam ate the fruit ahead of time thereby changing LORD JESUS plan.

Originally Adam was suppose to consume the tree of life FIRST, before LORD JESUS will give him the permission to eat from the tree that gives knowledge of good and evil.

But Adam was decived by his subordinate (woman) and allowed his subordinate to make a decision for him thereby derailing LORD JESUS plan in the beginning.
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by TradingGod: 8:49am On Jan 15, 2023
Evolution theory is true but the understanding is where the problem lies

As a Christian, when you give your life to LORD JESUS, you evolved mentally into another man

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God

Evolution exist, but it is only mentally evolution that exist

Physical evolution does not exist.

Prove of mental evolution still exist
The way I think 10 years ago is quite diffrent from how I think today.
This is because I have evolved mentally

Prove of physical evolution does not exist
I'm still waiting for a monkey to evolve to a man in my very eyes in this 21st century undecided
Re: Are We Still Evolving? by jaephoenix(m): 8:55am On Jan 15, 2023
tctrills:

Have you ever asked a question that you already know the answer?
Yeah, bro.
Lemme ask you a question….
Can an omniscient god change his mind? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The World Is Coming To An End / The Church Has Rejected Christianity / Spirit Coins: Become Filthy Rich & Wealthy [FREE]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.