Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,836 members, 7,872,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:34 PM

How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget (22062 Views)

The Contribution I Packed And How I Spent The Money. / How I spent My Xmas. / Tanzanian Who Spent 20 Years On Death Row Released, Brother Sold His 6 Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by salimsule197: 9:54am On Jan 02, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lujGp6dm_Vw

This is serious o. A Nigerian man in a singlet and shorts ran after a Keke Napep carrying his wife as he appeared to want it stopped.

In a video, his wife who was travelling noticed her husband pursuing the tricycle and was stunned. She said he wouldn't let her leave in peace.

Mixed reactions have trailed the video.
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by RenaissanceGuy: 9:55am On Jan 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I grew up in Ikorodu — Lagos rd/Benson st., not too far from Garage roundabout — and everybody was definitely not rich. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I attended Ayangbure Primary school, Isiu Grammar school, and later Government College Ikorodu as well. So yes, I was surrounded by the reality of life in Nigeria whichever way I looked, almost every single day of my growing-up-in-Nigeria life. undecided
Mr man, you talk too much. Nobody asked you all these epistles.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Candidlady: 9:57am On Jan 02, 2023
Truvelisback:
This has nothing to do with rich kids. Ladies generally don't have anything meaning or serious they think abt apart from food, their look and abt the SIMP guy that want to spend on them unlike we men that have so many responsibilities on our heads to carry.

what kinda reasoning is this truvel

happy new year

1 Like

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Samakus(m): 9:59am On Jan 02, 2023
Nice one. This period, na cooking at home sure pass for me.
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by naturefellow(m): 9:59am On Jan 02, 2023
ThoughtOfYou:
Rich kids.
Na una dey make Buhari feel say he has done well for Nigeria.
Rather, it's Buhari that has impoverished you so much to think this is a big deal.

1 Like

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by ogunboy(m): 10:02am On Jan 02, 2023
Ogunboy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Diligent1(f): 10:04am On Jan 02, 2023
pocohantas:

grin grin Nigerians must make provision for enjoyment. Na why I like us.
You are correct
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Dshocker(m): 10:07am On Jan 02, 2023
Blessedmercy8:
So... I was bored after service and took a stroll to an eatery a bit far from my area. I was craving for this eatery's particular dish, special jollof and Fried rice but when I got there, they didn't have the special jollof. So I settled for rich jollof and special fried rice. Later stepped it down with a tiny cup of ice cream ( remember, I'm on a budget.). Last week ( Christmas day) I got. a bigger bowl of ice cream for 1400 though this one here is tastier.

Enjoy the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SztFy4_nhA

After finishing this sugar you guys call ice cream, don't you suffer from waste pain or painful menstruation?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by ElijahIme1992(m): 10:07am On Jan 02, 2023
Blessedmercy8:
So... I was bored after service and took a stroll to an eatery a bit far from my area. I was craving for this eatery's particular dish, special jollof and Fried rice but when I got there, they didn't have the special jollof. So I settled for rich jollof and special fried rice. Later stepped it down with a tiny cup of ice cream ( remember, I'm on a budget.). Last week ( Christmas day) I got. a bigger bowl of ice cream for 1400 though this one here is tastier.

Enjoy the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SztFy4_nhA
Lol as na you pay now u come get sense spend according to your pocket, but if na your boyfriend take you out you for don open restaurant for him head... Happy new year grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by zedegit: 10:14am On Jan 02, 2023
Blessedmercy8:

I'm telling you. Forget all this "no money" people are crying. People were spending money like crazy at this eatery. I went to the next one to get pizza, they said pizza is finished. I came out and saw people trooping again to domino, I say no be me and una.

People are just spending like it's their last day on earth. As for me, I just renewed my rent and the thing shake me wotowoto. I cant afford to do anyhow.

What do you do for a living?
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by reservd(m): 10:15am On Jan 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Happy New Year! undecided

So many people couldn't afford your special Jollof, not to talk of the ice cream desert. undecided
He even said very cheap to so spend that amount on a plate of rice, if some families had that amount to spare, Christmas for set for them
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Dogalmighty17: 10:15am On Jan 02, 2023
She is broke and yet she won't allow nairalanders hear word.

1 Like

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by ahnie: 10:16am On Jan 02, 2023
Beautiful experience mercy,I love the fact that you're taking time out to flex your life.
Life's too short nwannem.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by phemmyfour: 10:17am On Jan 02, 2023
Blessedmercy8:

Happy new year my dear.

Who told you many could not afford it.?

People really trooped in, buying full bags but I just minded my one plate.

I know next year will be better.
If only you know that those that trooped in were still few compared to those who couldn't visit an eatery to eat what they like
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by NuruDiddy: 10:18am On Jan 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Happy New Year! undecided

So many people couldn't afford your special Jollof, not to talk of the ice cream desert. undecided

Expecially Tinubu urchins. I don't know if you are one of them shaa
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by ahnie: 10:18am On Jan 02, 2023
Life's no t all about gburugburu....enjoi it whilst you re still alive.

1 Like

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by ahnie: 10:18am On Jan 02, 2023
Life's not all about gburugburu....enjoi it whilst you re still alive.
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by NuruDiddy: 10:20am On Jan 02, 2023
Blessedmercy8:

Happy new year my dear.

You tried so hard to defend the bad governance but God pass u. Maybe next year,u will not even see a grain of rice to eat. Continue to support evil
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by abobote: 10:26am On Jan 02, 2023
post=119629112:

@OP,
What could be the difference between the 2 kinda jollof rice you mentioned,
We are dying to know

On our moderate budget level @Dem MANNA wink
2023 : Year of watching ya weight cool
That second pic is irritating, what kind of food is that?
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by abobote: 10:28am On Jan 02, 2023
ahnie:
Life's not all about gburugburu....enjoi it whilst you re still alive.
Any post about food, they must see you there
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by whitemand4(m): 10:29am On Jan 02, 2023
Blessedmercy8:

I'm telling you. Forget all this "no money" people are crying. People were spending money like crazy at this eatery. I went to the next one to get pizza, they said pizza is finished. I came out and saw people trooping again to domino, I say no be me and una.

People are just spending like it's their last day on earth. As for me, I just renewed my rent and the thing shake me wotowoto. I cant afford to do anyhow.

grin grin
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by ahnie: 10:29am On Jan 02, 2023
abobote:

Any post about food, they must see you there
And you ve bn busy observing me
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by do4luv14(m): 10:31am On Jan 02, 2023
Blessedmercy8:

Happy new year my dear.

Brother This year will be better not next

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Eriggs: 10:36am On Jan 02, 2023
abobote:

That second pic is irritating, what kind of food is that?
God punish poverty, see as u just embarrassed ur sef online. Chai,
Oh, your name na obote sef, no wonder

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Truvelisback(m): 10:38am On Jan 02, 2023
Candidlady:

what kinda reasoning is this truvel
happy new year
I wish u the same.
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by ahnie: 10:38am On Jan 02, 2023
Eriggs:
Lolzz hu de zuzu.
I thought I was the only one that observed it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by LINTUNE(m): 10:42am On Jan 02, 2023
Eriggs:
the guy shock me ...no matter the poverty self, pizza of 1200 de, if u can't afford 4500_5000 naira own, buy 1200 own with better yogurt 400 , enjoy yourself.... seriously, Sapa no be good thing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Mjshexy(f): 10:43am On Jan 02, 2023
Blessedmercy8:

Happy new year my dear.

I budgeted 50k for the Xmas and New Year quiet chill out but had to get a supplementary budget of another 50k. The inflation level is heart wrecking dear angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 02, 2023
Mjshexy:
I budgeted 50k for the Xmas and New Year quiet chill out but had to get a supplementary budget of another 50k. The inflation level is heart wrecking dear angry

Wow.. that's 100k just go in one day. Hmm... The inflation is reall.
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 02, 2023
do4luv14:

Brother This year will be better not next

Yes this year and subsequent years too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Is More Nutitional? Ogi Or Dry Canned Cereal? / If Your Wife Does Not Call You Lord But Calls Her Pastor Daddy, Send Her Back / Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.