Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,120 members, 7,880,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:14 PM

How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget (22087 Views)

The Contribution I Packed And How I Spent The Money. / How I spent My Xmas. / Tanzanian Who Spent 20 Years On Death Row Released, Brother Sold His 6 Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by udomma1005(m): 11:26am On Jan 02, 2023
NoToPile:

Loool I almost rolled out of the chair laughing.

Shey he shouldn't ask for Christmas drink ni.
If I been dey house, wetin I for give am, him nor go demand drink for dis economy again. I get one drink wey one guy mix give me, na for suicide men sha grin
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 02, 2023
post=119629112:

@OP,
What could be the difference between the 2 kinda jollof rice you mentioned,
We are dying to know

On our moderate budget level @Dem MANNA wink
2023 : Year of watching ya weight cool

Special jollof I ate last year was somewhat dark red with shredded assorted meats and chicken. Very sweet like some Indian seasoning was used in it but the one I ate yesterday ( rich jollof) just had shredded beef and maybe some mushrooms and diced tomatoes. Tasty too.

Thing is they both don't taste like your regular party jollof and the use basmati rice for this two.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Goalnaldo(m): 11:54am On Jan 02, 2023
Blessedmercy8:

Hmmm.... That's life for you.
Christmas was fun all through my childhood days cos my dad made sure he tripped us out to fun parks and everyone around was well to do back then . So I never really saw any family not having a great time.you know, ikoyi those days, it was a huge competition. No body liked to carry last.

It was after I grew up and moved to the mainland I discovered another type of life entirely and began to see things that break my heart.

Rich kid spotted. Please is your heart vacant? kiss
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Sleekfingers: 11:59am On Jan 02, 2023
Blessedmercy8:

I'm telling you. Forget all this "no money" people are crying. People were spending money like crazy at this eatery. I went to the next one to get pizza, they said pizza is finished. I came out and saw people trooping again to domino, I say no be me and una.

People were just spending like it's their last day on earth. As for me, I just renewed my rent and the thing shake me wotowoto. I cant afford to do anyhow.

How many Nigerians can afford such food?
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by NaijaCover(m): 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2023
Blessedmercy8:
So... I was bored after service and took a stroll to an eatery a bit far from my area. I was craving for this eatery's particular dish, special jollof and Fried rice but when I got there, they didn't have the special jollof. So I settled for rich jollof and special fried rice. Later stepped it down with a tiny cup of ice cream ( remember, I'm on a budget.). Last week ( Christmas day) I got. a bigger bowl of ice cream for 1400 though this one here is tastier.

Enjoy the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SztFy4_nhA

You Get Money ooooo
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 02, 2023
post=119633344:

You Get Money ooooo

Amen. I have money in Jesus name.
Amen.

2 Likes

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by BRATISLAVA: 12:28pm On Jan 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I grew up in Ikorodu — Lagos rd/Benson st., not too far from Garage roundabout — and everybody was definitely not rich. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I attended Ayangbure Primary school, Isiu Grammar school, and later Government College Ikorodu as well. So yes, I was surrounded by the reality of life in Nigeria whichever way I looked, almost every single day of my growing-up-in-Nigeria life. undecided

You forgot to add your name, so that somebody could go fact checking.
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by ElijahIme1992(m): 12:31pm On Jan 02, 2023
Blessedmercy8:

If na man take me out, na wetin him order I go eat. A nairalander once took me out. When the first place I entered @ Domino pizza pass him power, he suggested another place and we went there and had pizza but at a cheaper rate this time. I didn't stress him. In fact, he placed the order himself and thats me. I'll let you order what you can pay for. Even when he gave me his ATM card at a mall, I didn't do pass myself. So?? If I dey lie, he is here and can easily come out to say I'm lying.

So I don't stress my man.
no problem enjoy your self, wahala no dey finish...
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 02, 2023
ElijahIme1992:
no problem enjoy your self, wahala no dey finish...

No o. E dey finish. I just wanted to clear that notion about me.
Enjoy.
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by ElijahIme1992(m): 12:43pm On Jan 02, 2023
Blessedmercy8:

No o. E dey finish. I just wanted to clear that notion about me.
Enjoy.
LoL if wahala dey finish the world for no dey like dis na..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by bonnyhope: 12:46pm On Jan 02, 2023
Blessedmercy8:

I'm telling you. Forget all this "no money" people are crying. People were spending money like crazy at this eatery. I went to the next one to get pizza, they said pizza is finished. I came out and saw people trooping again to domino, I say no be me and una.

People were just spending like it's their last day on earth. As for me, I just renewed my rent and the thing shake me wotowoto. I cant afford to do anyhow.

What about your guy
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by NaijaCover(m): 12:47pm On Jan 02, 2023
Blessedmercy8:

Amen. I have money in Jesus name.
Amen.

, Dey Greet you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by osuolale95(m): 1:04pm On Jan 02, 2023
Blessedmercy8:

Happy new year my dear.

Who told you many could not afford it.?

People really trooped in, buying full bags but I just minded my one plate.

I know this year and subsequent years will be better.
I personally can't afford that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 02, 2023
post=119634374:

, Dey Greet you

I greet you too.

Happy new year.

1 Like

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 02, 2023
bonnyhope:

What about your guy

I no get strength for man matter now abeg.
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by kamez(m): 1:17pm On Jan 02, 2023
Blessedmercy8:

Happy new year my dear.

Who told you many could not afford it.?

People really trooped in, buying full bags but I just minded my one plate.

I know this year and subsequent years will be better.

Oga for every 100 people u saw in that eatery spending more than you, there are 10000 people outside that cannot afford it.

Nothing to argue about...accept it and go and sleep

1 Like

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 02, 2023
osuolale95:

I personally can't afford that

Don't worry. Very soon you will be able to afford it.

1 Like

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by bonnyhope: 1:50pm On Jan 02, 2023
Blessedmercy8:

I no get strength for man matter now abeg.

I will not give you stress if you agree to tag along with me
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Samakus(m): 2:06pm On Jan 02, 2023
Blessedmercy8:

Na that one come cheap? + It gets boring eating in at times It gets boring eating alone as a single. So we pray the money keeps flowing so we can have varieties abeg.

Yes, it's cheaper to cook.

The second comment properly corrected
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by jimter44(m): 2:11pm On Jan 02, 2023
You really tried. Rent for this Dec is not child’s play. Well done![/quote]
It could be one room face me house.
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by abobote: 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2023
LINTUNE:
the guy shock me ...no matter the poverty self, pizza of 1200 de, if u can't afford 4500_5000 naira own, buy 1200 own with better yogurt 400 , enjoy yourself.... seriously, Sapa no be good thing.
Lol, someone weite for likes, but trust me, I'm not doing bad, pizza can never be luxury to me, even the most expensive of it
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On Jan 02, 2023
BRATISLAVA:
You forgot to add your name, so that somebody could go fact checking.
I am afraid that post was instead meant for me. undecided
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by BRATISLAVA: 7:12pm On Jan 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid that post was instead meant for me. undecided

It can't be fact checked?
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Kobojunkie: 7:15pm On Jan 02, 2023
BRATISLAVA:
It can't be fact checked?
Only those who were in the inner circle from back then can do that. undecided
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by BRATISLAVA: 7:20pm On Jan 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Only those who were in the inner circle from back then can do that. undecided

If only it were fact checkable... undecided
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Kobojunkie: 7:20pm On Jan 02, 2023
BRATISLAVA:
If only it were fact checkable... undecided
Why do you want to know more about my person abeg? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by BRATISLAVA: 7:22pm On Jan 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Why do you want to know more about my person abeg? undecided

Didn't you table the info without anyone asking? You should complete it.
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Kobojunkie: 7:23pm On Jan 02, 2023
BRATISLAVA:
Didn't you table the info without anyone asking? You should complete it.
I "tabled" it in response to a post from someone else revealing some info about her past. It was only polite that I reveal some of my own backgrounds. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by BRATISLAVA: 7:25pm On Jan 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I "tabled" it in response to a post from someone else revealing some info about her past. It was only polite that I reveal some of my own backgrounds. undecided

With hazy details, of course. undecided

Nobody asked, still
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Kobojunkie: 7:27pm On Jan 02, 2023
BRATISLAVA:
Nobody asked, still
It is my information and I have the right to post it. I don't need permission from you to undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 02, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

Nobody asked, still

Come, calm down. Wetin be your own na.?
Leave korkor alone abeg.
Shey na small pikin wey you wan dey tell him what to do?

Abeg, e don do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Is More Nutitional? Ogi Or Dry Canned Cereal? / Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? / Come Share Your Biggest Problem, Challenge Or Source Of Depression!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.