Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,119 members, 7,925,515 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 05:06 PM

Marriage Vs Relocation.am Confussed.pls Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Vs Relocation.am Confussed.pls Help (1103 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Please Am Confussed About This / Enduring Marriage Vs Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Vs Relocation.am Confussed.pls Help by keleto(m): 9:53pm On Sep 04, 2011
am getting married before the end of the month.just not long ago,my company posted me to katsina state.now my wife,an NCE holder works in lagos.do you think it would be wise to take her with me?.though is an early marriage.i dnt really see any job be it teaching or others that she can be doing here in katsina.i feel like keeping her in lagos(though additional expences plus my frequennt travel and risk involve).
What do you think i should do?
Re: Marriage Vs Relocation.am Confussed.pls Help by webcam(m): 9:57pm On Sep 04, 2011
go with her please or you suspend your wedding
Re: Marriage Vs Relocation.am Confussed.pls Help by Russialane(m): 10:02pm On Sep 04, 2011
go with her , what use is you going to katsina without her, body no be firewood oga.
Re: Marriage Vs Relocation.am Confussed.pls Help by keleto(m): 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2011
my fear is that i wont want her to be idle.the load will be too much on me.cant figure out any viable business in katsina at all. And i dont wish to live in katsina for long. What if i get another job.
Re: Marriage Vs Relocation.am Confussed.pls Help by Outstrip(f): 10:58pm On Sep 04, 2011
keleto:

my fear is that i wont want her to be idle.the load will be too much on me.cant figure out any viable business in katsina at all. And i dont wish to live in katsina for long. What if i get another job.

Then Lagos is better for her. You want Katsina only for the short term. Good luck
Re: Marriage Vs Relocation.am Confussed.pls Help by Nobody: 2:27am On Sep 05, 2011
@poster
whatever happens, you need to seat down with your spouse and, BOTH OF YOU, need to come up with a solution. how can you come here and ask us for a solution while you should be talking to her?!
marriage is about 2 people making decisions and standing by them, not the way around. . . . . . . . . so PLEASE, talk to you future spouse and let her have a say in her future!!!!!
Re: Marriage Vs Relocation.am Confussed.pls Help by Nobody: 4:15am On Sep 05, 2011
Can't you get away from this transfer?
Re: Marriage Vs Relocation.am Confussed.pls Help by blank(f): 9:19am On Sep 05, 2011
MrBrownjay, he might just want to sample outsiders opinions before discussing with her. Nothing wrong in getting "unbiased" opinions before his discussion. Who knows, he may get an angle to the whole dilemma that he would otherwise not have thought of. Just relax.

@ OP, Why not keep her in Lagos until u stabilize in Katsina before bringing her. While your there, you may see business opportunities or schools for her. Just don't let the separation be a long one.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Vs Relocation.am Confussed.pls Help by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 05, 2011
blank:

MrBrownjay, he might just want to sample outsiders opinions before discussing with her. Nothing wrong in getting "unbiased" opinions before his discussion. Who knows, he may get an angle to the whole dilemma that he would otherwise not have thought of. Just relax.

dont you think the first question anyone should have asked is : what does your wife think about this?!

i'd think, asking advices to strangers is what you would do when you and your spouse can't come up with a solution. she should be the FIRST ONE he should talk to and the ONLY ONE he should listen to.
Re: Marriage Vs Relocation.am Confussed.pls Help by keleto(m): 2:42pm On Sep 05, 2011
u are right. Just that we are both confused.she can stay either of the two places.
Buth if you were in my position,what would you have done?
Re: Marriage Vs Relocation.am Confussed.pls Help by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 05, 2011
^^ i would have asked HER what she wants to do.
if she says that she doesnt mind either way then I would chose whatever is best (in my opinion).
you gotta look at everything: finances, marriage, employment and make a sound decision together.

since you are going to be away from each other then I wouldnt advise on getting married YET and would postpone the marriage, until you guys live and are together in the same city. . . . . . . . but that's because i dont believe one bit in LDR!

my question to you is: if plans were already made for marriage when you were being asked to be transfered in Katsina then A) why didnt you ask NOT to be transfered due to your coming marriage or B) changed marriage plans?!
Re: Marriage Vs Relocation.am Confussed.pls Help by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 05, 2011
//
Re: Marriage Vs Relocation.am Confussed.pls Help by nassiwa: 6:42am On Sep 06, 2011
Go with her that's if she wants to. I would not advise you to be in along distance relationship.
Re: Marriage Vs Relocation.am Confussed.pls Help by obowunmi(m): 2:47pm On Sep 06, 2011
Take her with you or stay in las-gidi with her.
Re: Marriage Vs Relocation.am Confussed.pls Help by keleto(m): 5:59pm On Sep 06, 2011
really confussed
Re: Marriage Vs Relocation.am Confussed.pls Help by femmy2010(m): 9:10am On Sep 08, 2011
Take her with you.
Might not pay much but she would definately be able to get a teaching job there.
Best of luck.

(1) (Reply)

90 Year Old Groom Pleads For His Teenage Bride To Return / Why Do You People Oversize Clothes For Their Children / After 4 Kids,her Hubby Wants To Throw Her Out Og Her Marriage,pls Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.