Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,698 members, 7,882,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 11:30 PM

What To Know About Drake’s Comments On Kobe & Vanessa Bryant’s Marriage - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What To Know About Drake’s Comments On Kobe & Vanessa Bryant’s Marriage (318 Views)

Vanessa Bryant Reacts To Photos Shared By Cops From Kobe Bryant Crash Scene / Beyonce Filmed Comforting Vanessa Bryant As She Cries At Kobe And Gigi’s Memoria / "Drake No Be God" Fans Remind Davido After He Gushes About Drake, He Replied (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What To Know About Drake’s Comments On Kobe & Vanessa Bryant’s Marriage by Starpius: 9:32am On Jan 11, 2023
What to know about Drake’s comments on Kobe & Vanessa Bryant’s marriage

Drake is a major fan of the NBA and can often be seen courtside at many of the league’s games.

However, the Certified Lover Boy rapper faced backlash for his lyrics that mentioned the late Kobe Bryant.

What happened between Drake and Kobe Bryant?

The conflict between Drake and Kobe Bryant transpired when the former namechecked the LA Lakers player and his then-pending divorce from his wife Vanessa in his Stay Schemin’ rap verse.

In April 2012, Drake made a guest appearance on the Rick Ross single Stay Schemin.

During his verse, the GRAMMY Award winner referred to Kobe Bryant’s marriage to Vanessa and how the latter filed for divorce on December 16, 2011.

He rapped: “Kobe about to lose a hundred fifty M’s…Kobe my n***a I hated it had to be him.

“B**ch you wasn’t with me shooting in the gym…Huh!? b**ch you weren’t with me shooting in the gym.”

The lyrics were supposedly a metaphor for Kobe and Vanessa’s reported lack of prenuptial agreement when they got married.

The couple reconciled in January 2013 but if the proceedings would’ve gone through, reports claimed Vanessa could’ve possibly gotten half of Kobe’s net worth.

Drake’s lyrics imply Vanessa did not play a part in Kobe’s success aka shooting with him in the gym, so she shouldn’t...... continue reading at ���
https://www.slightgist.com.ng/what-to-know-abo…bryants-marriage/

(1) (Reply)

Heartwarming Moment Rapper, Blaqbonez Gifted His Mother A Brand New Car / 7 Foods To Stop Eating When You Are Above 40 / “say A Prayer For Me” – Actress Iyabo Ojo’s Daughter, Priscilla Calls For Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.