Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,257 members, 7,887,741 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:08 PM

Has Any Nigerian President Ever Worn Suit? When? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Any Nigerian President Ever Worn Suit? When? (6304 Views)

Jonathan Constructed More Roads Than Any President Ever In Nigeria. – Fashola / Seun Kuti Blasts IBB ,mark, Says Jonathan Is The Worst President Ever / Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Any Nigerian President Ever Worn Suit? When? by nelovpa(f): 4:39pm On Sep 05, 2011
i dont think that is necessary what matters is their contribution to the development of our great country Nigeria. though i love MEN ON SUIT wink wink cool tongue
Re: Has Any Nigerian President Ever Worn Suit? When? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 05, 2011
okada_man:

The day an American president or UK Prime minister wear Agbada to their parliament, ours will wear suit.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Has Any Nigerian President Ever Worn Suit? When? by Yewe2011(m): 8:54pm On Sep 05, 2011
suits are for Western leaders (North America and Europe)

African leaders should wear traditional African clothing.

Represent their own cultural identity and people. Everyone else does it.

You'll never see a European leader wearing African clothing.
Re: Has Any Nigerian President Ever Worn Suit? When? by Remii(m): 9:22pm On Sep 05, 2011
Shagari worn suit on Agbada when he visited Germany during winter in 1980.
Re: Has Any Nigerian President Ever Worn Suit? When? by colen212: 11:59pm On Sep 05, 2011
Why should a nigerian president wear suit? Is suit native to nigeria culture?
U should be proud of who you are. U shouldn't be ashamed of your culture, attires & food.
Wake up bro. Get rid off this colonial mentality.
Re: Has Any Nigerian President Ever Worn Suit? When? by Theblessed(f): 12:15am On Sep 06, 2011
[size=16pt]How could they? 

Could a pot belly fit in a suit, I wonder? You might as well hide it in an agbada.

How could they, when they're always pregnant alongside their wives - can't imagine their their sex lives when both looks like, Amoeba. undecided undecided

Anyways, suits are smart, individualised universal gears - not necessarily an Europeans culture, any one can wear them including the Japanese and Chinese and they do however, our men look fantastic in them and should be encouraged.
[/size]
Re: Has Any Nigerian President Ever Worn Suit? When? by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 06, 2011
Theblessed:

[size=16pt]How could they? 

Could a pot belly fit in a suit, I wonder? You might as well hide it in an agbada.

How could they, when they're always pregnant alongside their wives - can't imagine their their sex lives when both looks like, Amoeba. undecided undecided

Anyways, suits are smart, individualised universal gears - not necessarily an Europeans culture, any one can wear them including the Japanese and Chinese and they do however, our men look fantastic in them and should be encouraged.
[/size]

Haba!!! Wetin dem do you? grin grin grin
Re: Has Any Nigerian President Ever Worn Suit? When? by Theblessed(f): 12:31am On Sep 06, 2011
naijababe:

Haba!!! Wetin dem do you?  grin grin grin

[size=16pt]Ma sis, alot!

Can't you see?  Our money dey for their belle o o - ah!  grin grin grin
[/size]
Re: Has Any Nigerian President Ever Worn Suit? When? by Rossikk(m): 1:07am On Sep 06, 2011
wale4x35 said

Honestly, GEJ looks like a modern President in suite.

Those agbadas, abeti-ajas, etc do not make you think

Its high time African Presidents stop being ceremonial Head Of States

Kuku change you color from black to white by bleaching, since being black doesn't make you think, OLODO.
Re: Has Any Nigerian President Ever Worn Suit? When? by Rossikk(m): 1:10am On Sep 06, 2011
Theblessed said

How could they? 

Could a pot belly fit in a suit, I wonder? You might as well hide it in an agbada.

How could they, when they're always pregnant alongside their wives - can't imagine their their sex lives when both looks like, Amoeba. 

Go f,uck yourself. And no, they and we, reject your stup.id advice. Dumbass imbe.cile bimbo from God knows what hole in the ground.
Re: Has Any Nigerian President Ever Worn Suit? When? by mikron(m): 3:44am On Sep 06, 2011
yes our present president wore a dinner suit during the gala nite marking his inauguration into office. Besides baba iyabo (OBJ) wore a suit on one occasion on tv some yrs back. But i must add his big tummy almost popped out some buttons on his suit. Damn it was an ugly sight.
Re: Has Any Nigerian President Ever Worn Suit? When? by oneuniquemind(m): 8:31am On Sep 06, 2011
Tinx wey dem dey hid under d agbada no fit allow dem enter suit.
Re: Has Any Nigerian President Ever Worn Suit? When? by Eziachi: 10:54am On Sep 06, 2011
okada_man:

The day an American president or UK Prime minister wear Agbada to their parliament, ours will wear suit.
Suit is a universal designed dress of business and belongs to no nobody or culture. Its neither British nor American. A British PM should be wearing a kilt or a tight if they should stick to their own version of Agbada. American president should be going to work on Jeans.
Have you seen Japanese/Chinese rulers wearing nothing but a suit in the course of their jobs? Or do you think that they don't have their own version of Agbada?
Nigerian rulers can were whatever makes them comfortable at work (if they really do any work) but don't tell us that they will be less Nigerians or Africans if they are to wear a suit.
Its funny how the same sentiment doesn't go all the way to other area of life like Healthcare, Airplane, Cars, choiced Wine etc of which they had an addiction to Oyibo made ones instead of the opposite.
Wouldn't it be nice if Jonathan and all your 36 governors starting driving Nnewi made INNOSON Motor Vehicle (IVM) as their official cars at both home and abroad.Hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Nigerian President Ever Worn Suit? When? by Eziachi: 11:03am On Sep 06, 2011
colen212:

Why should a nigerian president wear suit? Is suit native to nigeria culture?
U should be proud of who you are. U shouldn't be ashamed of your culture, attires & food.
Wake up bro. Get rid off this colonial mentality.
So why do your so called leaders drives the latest BMW or Mercedes?
So colonial mentality only stops at Agbada but Iphone and Blackberry? Noooooooooooooo!!
Some of you makes me laugh grin grin
Re: Has Any Nigerian President Ever Worn Suit? When? by MrCork17: 1:16pm On Sep 06, 2011
Suits? We wear suits in London. Do people wear suits in Nigeria? (no oofeinse)undecided
Re: Has Any Nigerian President Ever Worn Suit? When? by musakas(m): 2:23pm On Sep 06, 2011
my advise to Nl let us think for the way forward not thinking of borrowing other people culture. wearing a suit or cloth represent person culture. Going by the history the first person who worn suit was an Arab in Egypt.Pls stopped looking inferior in all ramification
Re: Has Any Nigerian President Ever Worn Suit? When? by mamagee3(f): 1:27am On Sep 07, 2011
Yes. . .Abacha wore suit when he was president before his death.
Re: Has Any Nigerian President Ever Worn Suit? When? by Theblessed(f): 4:23am On Sep 07, 2011
Eziachi:

So why do your so called leaders drives the latest BMW or Mercedes?
So colonial mentality only stops at Agbada but Iphone and Blackberry? Noooooooooooooo!!
Some of you makes me laugh grin grin

[b][size=16pt]Do you mind ignorants that have no shame and never put their upstairs to task.  Just as their previous lazy brained leaders were, so are they.  Lacked foresight and only think with their a r s e s! cool cool

Hypocrits!!!

They curse oyibo but they no shame wear oyibo cloths, oyibo shoes - carry oyibo mobiles, use oyibo video camera to shoot your Nollywood.  Drive oyibo cars, fly in oyibo Aeroplanes and screw oyibo women.

HYPOCRITS, I dey ask una - which one una made - sure na AGBADA, how fantastic!!! angry angry  Una make me sick when una bring, una  s  t  u  p  i  d  ideas on my Nairaland!!!  Yes, before you start, it's mine!

Agbada na im be your contribution to world civilisation, shame on you all!!

Abi, nobe your fellow men invented those smart phones wey you carry for pocket, huh? Don't just make me talk - go task your brains, ignorant lazy a r s e s!! 

You came here, to abuse serious contributors without making any solid contributions of your own, what could we learn from you, if not verbal abuses?
[/size][/b]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs / Oath Between T.A. Orji And Okezie Victor Ikpeazu Discovered / I Will Never Forgive Buhari For Killing My Brother - Nkem Owoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.