Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,173 members, 7,880,659 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:17 AM

US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean - Foreign Affairs (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean (67341 Views)

US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska / La Palma: Lava From Cumbre Vieja Pours Into Atlantic Ocean ( Pix, Video) / US Shoots Down ICBM In Space From Warship For First Time In Successful Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 05, 2023
tctrills:

Me too. I never said women are not bright and intelligent. It's just that insults from women are twice as painful so I do everything to prevent their insults and I find it hard to insult a woman. If it were my fellow man, we go join curse ourselves.
My guy...I feel you... omo!! They can drive you crazy(talking from experience).
It's easier for a woman to get into my head and make me very uncomfortable.

1 Like

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by seunny4lif(m): 10:13am On Feb 05, 2023
Amayabor1:

Stop exhibiting your illiteracy here. The US knew the moment the balloon entered its airspace. They delibrately didn't want to shoot it down initially because according to the Pentagon, the debris can harm people on the ground. It was shot over the Atlantic to reduce the risk of injury to people on the ground. Una too dull for Nairaland.
Like the ballon did not flew over Ocean before entering Canada controlled waters territory then to mainland Canada then to USA.
The most powerful military allies can’t protect their airspace, took then over 4 days to see the ball.
Take it like that grin
You brain is full with rubbish, reason you to dull to know anything.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Krak(m): 10:15am On Feb 05, 2023
Hotice085:

In the next 100years, China can never defeat their former lord and Master Japan talkless of the World strongest

They will only remain a danger like you rightly put it, China is only puffing because of the dictator in power just like Russia.
Any country depending on a dictator for leadership rather than a Parliament of different bedfellows is only country waiting to implode
See the way Putin has been killing many senior figures and what just happened to the former Chinese leader, you think all this people don't have loyalists?
China is only a danger to herself if she doesn't allow people freedom, this is the era of technology and innovations they can't stop their people with their communist mentality in this era

China is a real and a potent threat to the USA. China now has WMD of all types and its military is now modernized and still going through rapid changes of modernization.

Go and read what happened during the Korean War of 1950 to 1953 when American forces came face to face with the Chinese PLA. Then China had no WMD and their military was still relatively rag tag but they managed to fight the US military to stalemate on the Korean peninsular.

The greatest mistake anyone can make is to under estimate your enemy, especially one like China that has a massive military backed by technology together with thousands of years of proven battle tactics.

I strongly believe that the USA and China should not be adversaries but rather wary friends who understand and respect each other.

But maybe I am living in a fools paradise.

1 Like

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by tctrills: 10:18am On Feb 05, 2023
FreddieGray:

My guy...I feel you... omo!! They can drive you crazy(talking from experience).
It's easier for a woman to get into my head and make me very uncomfortable.
Looool. Once I see the F sign by there name, it's say gobe for me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Amayabor1: 10:22am On Feb 05, 2023
seunny4lif:

Like the ballon did not flew over Ocean before entering Canada controlled waters territory then to mainland Canada then to USA.
The most powerful military allies can’t protect their airspace, took then over 4 days to see the ball.
Take it like that grin

If they didn't see the balloon until 4 days, how did they know the baloon flew pass all these places you just mentioned? You nor see as you stupid.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 05, 2023
Krak:

You are the naive one here. Go and find out how the baloon entered usa airspace, it entered from the ocean over large areas of International Waters before even getting into usa territorial waters and then flying over usa hinterland. So tell me, what was the almighty NORAD/USA NAVY/Airforce doing before it actually crossed into the hinterland from the sea?

You are the one who is ignorant on boundaries and military issues. American spokesmen who have been interviewed by journalist have little to say about why they could not do anything BEFORE it actually entered its territorial waters. Yes, they actually have the option of either shooting it down or leaving it on its path, seems they decided for the latter, but that does not mean people like us should not have different opinion.

This will actually be my last response to you. Thanks.
The bolded is an intelligent question...we're waiting for the details of the excuses the US should provide for being unable to detect the 'spy balloon' while it was transiting over the Pacific Ocean before it got to North American mainland/hinterland.

1 Like

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by SaLongs1(m): 10:24am On Feb 05, 2023
useni1:
I am dead already this is my spirit tormenting you. I will torment you till Eternity
Those are the words of a damaged terrorism and corruption lessened idiot that has absolutely no moral compass but to glorify the very thing that will ultimately destroy it such as the situation of this country now let's hear from you.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by seunny4lif(m): 10:30am On Feb 05, 2023
Amayabor1:

If they didn't see the balloon until 4 days, how did they know the baloon flew pass all these places you just mentioned? You nor see as you stupid.
That’s all USA/NATO military bases around China yet the ballon flew over all of them enter USA/Canada controlled water then to mainland of both nations.

You see that you are one reason white people always said African people/ person knows nothing.
Reason we were colonised so easy.
Like I said before your brain is full of rubbish grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by wallarwallar(m): 10:31am On Feb 05, 2023
useni1:
After all data have been collected and sent to Beijing. Americans are clowns. The overhyped US. Tranny military won't last 30mins in a war with China.

Mumu of the highest order who gave birth to you.. Empty brain
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 05, 2023
Biafraaa:
Here's my analysis, the balloon has been in the US airspace for days and the US didn't talk about it until it was sighted by individuals. It might probably mean that the US didn't even detect the balloon when it first enter their airspace.
Secondly, if the US claim they detect it while it was entering its airspace, why didn't they shoot it down the moment it was entering its airspace?
Either way it shows a weakness of the US decision makers.
Lastly it shows China has the balls to violate the US sovereignty and no consequence was given to them.
Biden US lost in this balloon sh*t.
It's both a diplomatic/political win and millitary win for China. The US is weak, vulnerable and incompetent. Assuming this was a Hollywood movie, they would have detected that balloon over the Pacific Ocean.
But reality is different from Hollywood grin
They say they want to go to a war with China, they should be prepared to come back from China in bodybags.

3 Likes

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 05, 2023
seunny4lif:

That’s all USA/NATO military bases around China yet the ballon flew over all of them enter USA/Canada controlled water then to mainland of both nations.

You see that you are the reason white people always said African person that knows nothing.
Bro, I saw his question and I was like wtf...
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by BigCowHornn: 10:34am On Feb 05, 2023
Krak:

Any asset that has to do with communication or tracking cannot be placed underground. Sattelites, radars and their signals cannot be hidden underground.

If you notice you will see that I am talking specifically about telemetry signals and not about pictures or videos that the Ballon might take.

Those things you are talking about are always being tracked na it's nothing new.
What do you think Russia used to use Cuba and spy satellite for
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by seunny4lif(m): 10:42am On Feb 05, 2023
BigCowHornn:

Those things you are talking about are always being tracked na it's nothing new.
Well, China claims right to retaliate after U.S. shoots down spy balloon: “seriously violates international convention”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 05, 2023
seunny4lif:

Take it like that grin

Amayabor1:

This is just like saying how did you know I'll have to drive through the US to get to Mexico from Canada... I'll be shocked.
This dude definitely doesn't know where China is on the map.
Lunatics are in surplus on nairaland sha grin

1 Like

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by imam07: 10:46am On Feb 05, 2023
useni1:
After all data have been collected and sent to Beijing. Americans are clowns. The overhyped US. Tranny military won't last 30mins in a war with China.
See an idiot talking. US hater and will be happy if given a US visa.
So u tot the US military will come online and say all what they have done about it. Say nay u help China collect all d data give to them.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Amayabor1: 10:52am On Feb 05, 2023
seunny4lif:

You see that you are one reason white people always said African people/ person knows nothing.
Reason we were colonised so easy.

Answer my question dundee. How did you know the baloon flew pass all these places?

The People that told you where the baloon entered is the same people you are saying they didn't know when the baloon entered their airspace.

Mumu!
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by paradigmshift(m): 10:53am On Feb 05, 2023
FreddieGray:
In addition, before it got to the US mainland, it transited over the ocean...why were they unable to detect and shoot it down?
The US is just stupid, clueless and incompetent.
na u know get sense
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 05, 2023
Biafraaa:
Here's my analysis, the balloon has been in the US airspace for days and the US didn't talk about it until it was sighted by individuals. It might probably mean that the US didn't even detect the balloon when it first enter their airspace.
Secondly, if the US claim they detect it while it was entering its airspace, why didn't they shoot it down the moment it was entering its airspace?
Either way it shows a weakness of the US decision makers.
Lastly it shows China has the balls to violate the US sovereignty and no consequence was given to them.
Biden US lost in this balloon sh*t.

The 'spy balloon' approached the North American mainland/hinterland from the pacific ocean direction.
They had plenty oppurtunity to shoot it down over the Pacific Ocean before it flew over North American mainland.
From comments I've read, I'm 100% certain a good number of Nairalanders do not know where China or the US is located on the world map.

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by wirinet(m): 10:56am On Feb 05, 2023
FreddieGray:

China and Russia are able to produce more weapons (effective and efficient) at a significantly reduced cost than the US.
That's a millitary advantage.
The US over inflated budget doesn't translate to competence and capability.
They (the US led western coalition) were completely thrashed in Afganistan (despite their heavy spendings) and literally begged the Taliban to let them withdraw in peace.

Completely trashed, how? Was there any battle the Taliban won against the US and its coalition? How many US soldiers died in direct conflict compared with those of the Taliban.

The war US and its coalition lost in Afghanistan was the ideological war and not the military war. The US tried to impose a Liberal democracy in Afganistan, and it fail. Islamic fundamentalist ideology won. The US equipped and trained the Afgan Military even more more than Ukraine, but the Afghan people were not ready to fight. The Ukraine people are prepared to fight even if given only spears and stones.

Once again the US did not lose the military war in Afganistan, they lost the ideological war.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by seunny4lif(m): 10:58am On Feb 05, 2023
FreddieGray:

This is just like saying how did you know I'll have to drive through the US to get to Mexico from Canada... I'll be shocked.
This dude definitely doesn't know where China is on the map.
Lunatics are in surplus on nairaland sha grin
I swear
People like that need to be locked in Yaba left grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 05, 2023
wirinet:

Completely trashed, how? Was there any battle the Taliban won against the US and its coalition? How many US soldiers died in direct conflict compared with those of the Taliban.

The war US and its coalition lost in Afghanistan was the ideological war and not the military war. The US tried to impose a Liberal democracy in Afganistan, and it fail. Islamic fundamentalist ideology won. The US equipped and trained the Afgan Military even more more than Ukraine, but the Afghan people were not ready to fight. The Ukraine people are prepared to fight even if given only spears and stones.

Once again the US did not lose the military war in Afganistan, they lost the ideological war.
Yes, shift the blame to the Afghan people. It's a behaviour characteristic of the US.
What I said is factual.
They always look for something to blame and take away attention from their own incompetence and failures.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by okuta007: 11:14am On Feb 05, 2023
seunny4lif:

Oh now you want to bring Nigeria matter.
Well more people have been killed in USA in 2022 more than Nigeria.
Maybe your head need support to balance from shaking, to allow you to do research and know that more people have been killed in USA in 2022 than even Syria that is in civil war , because CNN wouldn’t report that to you.

and you have local government areas in Nigeria under firm control of terrorist in Nigeria - please mention one house in America - not a street, not a road, just one house controlled by a terrorist in America without law enforcement putting an end to it within 2 hours maximum?

in Nigeria you have bandits kidnapping and rapping your mothers and sisters in broad - daylight- helicopter delivering ransom payment to bandits in the forest and your military is looking confused - your Nigerian navy has given up it’s authority to Tompolo and his fellow ex militants to control her waters — your Nigeria is currently the undisputed poverty capital of the world — with 133 million people living in absolutely poverty …..

is that the Nigeria you are comparing with the USA- ? you not just confused you are tremendously insane!!!!
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 05, 2023
"Little by little we managed to collect 8 million signatures" https://odysee.com/@RTDocumentary:4/Battle-for-Africa:9
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by BigCowHornn: 11:15am On Feb 05, 2023
seunny4lif:

Well, China claims right to retaliate after U.S. shoots down spy balloon: “seriously violates international convention”

Believe it or leave it some countries just love trouble.

I just wonder how China manage to target the USA of a countries with a Ballon that flies from cost to coast

Very strange unless you want trouble
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 05, 2023
I'm glad the US is challenged by China.
Bring on the smoke.

1 Like

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Nobody: 11:18am On Feb 05, 2023
"Little by little we managed to collect 8 million signatures" https://odysee.com/@RTDocumentary:4/Battle-for-Africa:9
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Nobody: 11:25am On Feb 05, 2023
FreddieGray:
The US interferes in the domestic affairs of other countries (uninvited).
They also killed Soleimani while using foreign airspace without authorisation.
This was in violation of international rules and the sovereignty of the country they disrespected.
They should have a taste of thier medicine.
I'm glad the US is challenged by Russia and China.
And I'm supposed to give a F about what the UN/US/international law thinks about the Rus-Ukr issue after this (see attached).
I don't think so.

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by richeeyo(m): 11:28am On Feb 05, 2023
[quote author=Emu4life post=120641504]
Most Countries are only allies to US to avoid getting bullied. The United States have but very few true Friends.
They have made so many foes/adversaries because of thier reckless foreign policy of invading weaker sovereign Nations at will.
It's not about religion.
Are Cubans, Venezuelans, Vietnamese etc Muslims?? [/quote
Do you have idea the ties between America and Vietnamese
Check it out]
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by seunny4lif(m): 11:33am On Feb 05, 2023
BigCowHornn:

Believe it or leave it some countries just love trouble.

I just wonder how China manage to target the USA of a countries with a Ballon that flies from cost to coast

Very strange unless you want trouble
Well, USA navy fleets have been entering Taiwan water which according to same USA, Taiwan is part of China, meaning USA fleets have been violating Chinese water.
So, both are to be blame joor, me I will be watching from afar
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Hotice085: 11:34am On Feb 05, 2023
Biafraaa:

Bros sorry to say this but your opinion is as daft as a fools opinion.
This is not the 19th century. China is no longer a country to fk around with. Even Japan can't fight North Korea and you are comparing them to China. 🤷🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️

North Korea........ ogbeni you think say na Mazi Nnamdi kanu propaganda be dis?
Enter bush abeg

1 Like

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Robinmido(m): 11:40am On Feb 05, 2023
Well i don't give a damn about them but writing them off will be a terrible idea
useni1:
after dropping bullshit MOAB they still got their ass whopped by goat herders in Afghanistan. America is a dog
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Krak(m): 11:40am On Feb 05, 2023
BigCowHornn:

Yes, but the data will not be as accurate as flying directly over the target country,especially over the sensitive assets themselves.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Couple Kissing On A Bike At Kenyans' Political Protest Today (pic) / This Is What The World's Biggest Nuclear Bomb Explosion Looks Like (Video, Pix) / Tanzanite: Saniniu Laizer, Tanzanian Miner Becomes Overnight Millionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.