Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,856 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:17 AM

US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean - Foreign Affairs (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean (67232 Views)

US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska / La Palma: Lava From Cumbre Vieja Pours Into Atlantic Ocean ( Pix, Video) / US Shoots Down ICBM In Space From Warship For First Time In Successful Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Hotice085: 11:42am On Feb 05, 2023
Krak:

China is a real and a potent threat to the USA. China now has WMD of all types and its military is now modernized and still going through rapid changes of modernization.

Go and read what happened during the Korean War of 1950 to 1953 when American forces came face to face with the Chinese PLA. Then China had no WMD and their military was still relatively rag tag but they managed to fight the US military to stalemate on the Korean peninsular.

The greatest mistake anyone can make is to under estimate your enemy, especially one like China that has a massive military backed by technology together with thousands of years of proven battle tactics.

I strongly believe that the USA and China should not be adversaries but rather wary friends who understand and respect each other.

But maybe I am living in a fools paradise.

India will cut em to size, the average Indian will fight for India without being coerced unlike the Chinese, just like Russia, China got lots of internal issues spread across regions
Hong Kong Macai and other regions have internal wrangling with the Central government, they are only sticking to communism for now cause of the present leader
China need give more freedom to her citizens for a greater China or they will crumble

1 Like

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by BigCowHornn: 11:53am On Feb 05, 2023
Krak:

Yes, but the data will not be as accurate as flying directly over the target country,especially over the sensitive assets themselves.

You don't know more than the US military
If they felt that Ballon could get much they will fry it right there in the sky

1 Like

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by dohyn(m): 11:54am On Feb 05, 2023
I think China is just being troublesome with this balloon. It's probably a harmless balloon used to gather weather information but allowing it to cross US airspace and stay there for days was a deliberate attempt to find trouble.
I hope people that are claiming Biden is weak are aware that during the tenure of their macho man trump, China sent a balloon 3 times into US airspace without retaliation and this news was hidden from the public?
No be talk am, na Pentagon.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Biafraaa: 12:10pm On Feb 05, 2023
Hotice085:

North Korea........ ogbeni you think say na Mazi Nnamdi kanu propaganda be dos?
Enter bish abeg
This is not about MNK Mr dummy. Well, I don't need to reply to you because it's obvious even to the blind that you have a very low IQ than that of a sheep 🐏 to even begin to comprehend the topic above. Concentrate on trolling PMB and your 9ja matters. Have a great dummy day ahead
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by BigCowHornn: 12:14pm On Feb 05, 2023
seunny4lif:

Well, USA navy fleets have been entering Taiwan water which according to same USA, Taiwan is part of China, meaning USA fleets have been violating Chinese water.
So, both are to be blame joor, me I will be watching from afar

And they want to retaliate by blowing a us ship out of the Water?
Interesting
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by wirinet(m): 12:21pm On Feb 05, 2023
FreddieGray:

Yes, shift the blame to the Afghan people. It's a behaviour characteristic of the US.
What I said is factual.
They always look for something to blame and take away attention from their own incompetence and failures.

so, who should be blamed for the Taliban taking over Kabul just 3 days after the US military left? Maybe its US citizens. Maybe you expect US citizens to fly to kabul to defend the country against the Taliban.

Since what you said was factual, why not give us links or reports where the Taliban won actual battles against the US military.

1 Like

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Krak(m): 12:21pm On Feb 05, 2023
BigCowHornn:

You don't know more than the US military
If they felt that Ballon could get much they will fry it right there in the sky

So, the US military is all-knowing and always right. And we must agree that they are Omniscient and can never be wrong.

Hmm..
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by leofab(f): 12:28pm On Feb 05, 2023
useni1:
After all data have been collected and sent to Beijing. Americans are clowns. The overhyped US. Tranny military won't last 30mins in a war with China.
run mouth anyhow. China hasn’t even defeated small Thailand Armed by America.. na so Russia Dey run mouth before and small Ukraine armed by usa is bloating their nose..
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Hotice085: 12:39pm On Feb 05, 2023
Biafraaa:

This is not about MNK Mr dummy. Well, I don't need to reply to you because it's obvious even to the blind that you have a very low IQ than that of a sheep 🐏 to even begin to comprehend the topic above. Concentrate on trolling PMB and your 9ja matters. Have a great dummy day ahead

You don't have a brain not to talk of having IQ....like I said enter bush and look for your fellow IPOB chicken brain Russian lunatics and go run your zoo mouth with

It amazes me that a Biafran will be on the side of the Russian, and you expect Nigeria to give Biafra her freedom.... worthless dumb ass

1 Like

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Elidrisy20: 12:46pm On Feb 05, 2023
omonnakoda:

Hainan Island incident

Stupid

That is naive and childish talk
if them dry chop breakfast from US, you go help them?
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Bnaira7(m): 12:47pm On Feb 05, 2023
Ah! Omo me I wan enter US!!!

1 Like

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by UncommonLogic: 1:00pm On Feb 05, 2023
ZombieSlayer1:

What evidence do they have that the balloon was deployed by the Chinese?

Why would the Chinese have to deploy a balloon when they have high-resolution satellites that can give them images of the US mainland?

The US has one of the most heavily-monitored airspace in the world so how come they didn't detect something as massive as this balloon before it entered their airspace? A commercial airliner is usually around 34k feet in length and flies at around 60k ft but when it's up in the sky it looks very tiny. This balloon is flying at 90k ft and is easily visible which means it must've been massive.

You guys should learn to think critically before believing anything the media throws at you. The US has always been doing their best to demonize China, and they seem to be doing a darn good job at it
The Chinese admitted that it belongs to then but you want to deny it for them. Well done.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by infofta(m): 1:03pm On Feb 05, 2023
useni1:
After all data have been collected and sent to Beijing. Americans are clowns. The overhyped US. Tranny military won't last 30mins in a war with China.

China has satellite orbiting the earth. The balloon cannot get better information than the satellite hence, it was left alone since

1 Like

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by adamusuleiman1: 1:06pm On Feb 05, 2023
useni1:

Jammed.

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by adamusuleiman1: 1:08pm On Feb 05, 2023
Bnaira7:
Ah! Omo me I wan enter US!!!
More like over 90% of Nigerians.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by BigCowHornn: 1:09pm On Feb 05, 2023
Krak:

So, the US military is all-knowing and always right. And we must agree that they are Omniscient and can never be wrong.

Hmm..

All I said is you seem to know more than them from your bedroom in Nigeria

grin

1 Like

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by orisa37: 1:18pm On Feb 05, 2023
VERY GOOD. CHINA MUST PAY COMPENSATION.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by MT: 1:36pm On Feb 05, 2023
useni1:

Sometimes I am forced to question you guys reasoning.

If China holds the same view as the one you touted, they would have attacked Taiwan. US says if China attacks Taiwan, they will have them to deal with, and the chinese chicken out.

You dont tell the US what to do. Remember when China says Pelosi should not come to Taiwan, thats when she visited. Remember when Russia says provision of longer range weapon will be an escalation, that was when the US provided HIMARS.

If table turns and China tells the US not to attack Taiwan, that is when the US will call their bluff and attack it./

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Bnaira7(m): 1:44pm On Feb 05, 2023
God no go shame us
adamusuleiman1:

More like over 90% of Nigerians.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by TristanX: 1:51pm On Feb 05, 2023
Horokrox:
Actually the fraction of the USA 🇺🇸 Pacific Fleet close to China 🇨🇳 border would horribly loose in a major confrontation with China 🇨🇳 ONLY when you include the USA's 🇺🇸 total Naval capability then they're superior to any other Navy as the USA 🇺🇸 have a total tonnage of over 4 million tonnes of aircraft carriers, warships,destroyers, submarines, littoral class ships,etc compared to total tonnage of China's 🇨🇳 Navy's 1.9 million tonnes of aircraft carriers,cruisers, destroyers, frigates,corvettes, submarines,etc

You’re right. That’s why I used the words “Strong Opposition”
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by TristanX: 1:54pm On Feb 05, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Agree with all you’ve said. Most of these armchair generals have never heard of the Pacific Fleet and if they did, they wouldn’t make the silly claims that they do. Imagine small ships defeating a Battle Group.

Honestly their ignorance tire me

1 Like

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by TristanX: 1:55pm On Feb 05, 2023
useni1:
be like you want them find u inside this night and behead you and use axe chop u into 5,000 pieces and disfigure your ashawo sister with acid.

Religion of piss. U are really representing the Kaboom religion.

Dumb head slammer
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by TristanX: 1:56pm On Feb 05, 2023
useni1:
terrorist kill my papa.

Yes kaboom
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Federalis: 2:16pm On Feb 05, 2023
The war just keeps looming.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by ebudola53c: 2:20pm On Feb 05, 2023
WakandaWakanda...
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by jice(m): 2:36pm On Feb 05, 2023
useni1:

That was how you promised to overrun Ukraine in three days. It is now almost a year and over a hundred thousand soldiers paid the prime price of someone's madness
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 05, 2023
Judybash93:

Yes, they are. They know not to mess with the US!
The US is the one messing with them. They just are not backing down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 05, 2023
jice:

That was how you promised to overrun Ukraine in three days. It is now almost a year and over a hundred thousand soldiers paid the prime price of someone's madness
What happened on Afghanistan and Vietnam? Waiting for the excuses
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by AmuDimpka: 3:22pm On Feb 05, 2023
Krak:

China is a real and a potent threat to the USA. China now has WMD of all types and its military is now modernized and still going through rapid changes of modernization.

Go and read what happened during the Korean War of 1950 to 1953 when American forces came face to face with the Chinese PLA. Then China had no WMD and their military was still relatively rag tag but they managed to fight the US military to stalemate on the Korean peninsular.

The greatest mistake anyone can make is to under estimate your enemy, especially one like China that has a massive military backed by technology together with thousands of years of proven battle tactics.

I strongly believe that the USA and China should not be adversaries but rather wary friends who understand and respect each other.

But maybe I am living in a fools paradise.
China is far

USA dare not fight Iran or North Korea ... They will cut em up to mincemeat
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by AmuDimpka: 3:23pm On Feb 05, 2023
jice:

in less than a year Russia has taken over ¼ of Ukraine the most industrial areas...in less than a year
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by omonnakoda: 3:24pm On Feb 05, 2023
Elidrisy20:
if them dry chop breakfast from US, you go help them?
US that was served breakfast,lunch ,dinner by Taliban? They were even given takeaway

1 Like

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by vastolord4(m): 3:31pm On Feb 05, 2023
Amayabor1:

If you weren't dumb, you would have known that both scenarios are not the same. How does the US having a military base in another sovereign country that willingly accepted to host the US military base the same as China allowing it's ballon to encroach on US airspace?

Oga smartest! Some of us are wise, every other person overwise. Don't worry, we'll upgrade your level soon

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Russia's President Putin Exposed To Coronavirus - BBC / Biggest US Navy War Games In 40 Years To Prepare For WW3( Pics) / Putin Launches World's Longest 70 km Underground Rail Line In Russia (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.