Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,495 members, 7,968,356 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 05:07 AM

Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" (4994 Views)

5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. / What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing? / What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 18, 2011
naijababe:

The ideal solution in an ideal world, but what if cash is tight ?

then as a caring and understanding couple, they should split the chores RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE: he does the lawn while she washes the car. no big deal!
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by ronkebp(f): 11:26pm On Sep 18, 2011
The man has no excuse, 40hrs or more work in a week is not enough reason, for you to sit down on the couch and your wife would be mowing the lawn and washing the cars, nawa!!! the guy is just self-centered,
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by horny4u(f): 11:32pm On Sep 18, 2011
naijababe:

grin grin grin grin grin grin. Oh dear, dear!!! U is very funny. Lwkmd o

The ideal solution in an ideal world, but what if cash is tight ?
Even for the better, she will take out of the mortgage payment he gave her or money for something else and sheepishly apologise for doing that.
Once she does this a few times he will learn. Men hate nagging but they love action
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by lastpage: 12:12am On Sep 19, 2011
If there is anything l enjoy doing, its mowing the lawn! grin
Each time l watch Premiership finish, l actually get out with my lawnmower and replicate those "designs" l see on their turf, on my own backyard lawn.
Its fun, l criss-cross the mowing and l get the beautiful designs on my grass lawn!

Really, if you've ever used a "BLUNT CUTLASS" to cut "STUBBORN GRASS" as a youngster (like me), you will agree that cutting the grass with a "Lawnmower" is like forcing me to go to McDonalds every day! grin

I still wonder why women complain about "doing the laundry"?
Which laundry? Is stuffing the 6Kg, A-rated Washing machine with clothes and Pressing the "Start button" is also called "doing laundry"?

In the good old days, our Mothers wash a "Mountain of clothes" and still have the energy to cook a good meal!
The ones we have now just complain that the washing machine is too difficult to switch 'on'! shocked Wetin?

I guess the world is really gone bunkers!

In my house, l cook when l feel like, l enjoy it.
I wash the cars on some weekends and my kids enjoy joining me and we all have fun.
When l do the lawn, we have to ballot on whose turn it is to use the Mower, we all want to have a go at it, its so much fun!

of course, my wife like most women,  will still complain about the Hoover! shocked shocked
Yea, thats the definition of a woman: Never satisfied; but as long as l enjoy doing it no probs! wink

Its only when l am in a bad mood (like when Man-U thrash Arsenal[b] 8 -2[/b]), that katakata fit burst! grin

BTW: Dont ever force your husband to do house chores, its a recipe for disaster!
Find a way to make him enjoy it and you have just bought your self a "willing-slave", so to speak! wink

Lastpage
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 19, 2011
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 19, 2011
chaircover:

Lastpage are you a man or a woman?

Mesef dey wonder o.

@ Last page- I hate doing laundry and putting out the washing to dry too. You don't just stuff it in, you have to sort by colours and material type, i hate it but someone's gotta do it and it's the one thing Mr NB is absolutely useless at or so he says. I once travelled on business and to my horror returned to 3 weeks worth of laundry waiting for me, i gave him lessons but dude still insists he can't work out a washing machine undecided
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by r231(m): 12:58pm On Sep 19, 2011
naijababe:

Mesef dey wonder o.

@ Last page- I hate doing laundry and putting out the washing to dry too. You don't just stuff it in, you have to sort by colours and material type, i hate it but someone's gotta do it and it's the one thing Mr NB is absolutely useless at or so he says. I once travelled on business and to my horror returned to 3 weeks worth of laundry waiting for me, i gave him lessons but dude still insists he can't work out a washing machine undecided

how is sorting out colours and material a big job undecided
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by MMM2(m): 12:59pm On Sep 19, 2011
d guy should go and sleep
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 19, 2011
r231:

how is sorting out colours and material a big job undecided

Not saying it's a job per se, just hate doing it
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by armyofone(m): 7:00pm On Sep 19, 2011
doing laundry is hard, sort is not fun. then folding ''huge sigh'' the folding part is harder. for now, i take them to dry cleaner. i tire to wash my clothes grin cry
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2011
^ Abeg, we dey recession for UK, my kids especially my son wears two sets of clothing per day. If I switch to dry cleaning, we may not have money left for food cry
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by dayokanu(m): 7:08pm On Sep 19, 2011
Leave the chores undone
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by dayokanu(m): 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2011
ronkebp:

The man has no excuse, 40hrs or more work in a week is not enough reason, for you to sit down on the couch and your wife would be mowing the lawn and washing the cars, nawa!!! the guy is just self-centered,

Wasnt the wife sitting down at home while the husband was slaving away at work?

What exactly is the womans role at home?
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by armyofone(m): 7:26pm On Sep 19, 2011
grin oh dear, and oga refuses to wash abi cool
let me buy my ticket to london, pls safe me a month worth of cloth to wash wink

naijababe:

^ Abeg, we dey recession for UK, my kids especially my son wears two sets of clothing per day. If I switch to dry cleaning, we may not have money left for food cry
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 19, 2011
armyofone:

grin oh dear, and oga refuses to wash abi  cool
let me buy my ticket to london, pls safe me a month worth of cloth to wash  wink

Save you a month's worth of laundry? Gladly  grin . Oga say hin no sabi how washing machine dey work, i've been hearing this for 11 years, and even I know when to give up
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by ronkebp(f): 7:41pm On Sep 19, 2011
dayokanu:

Wasnt the wife sitting down at home while the husband was slaving away at work?

What exactly is the womans role at home?

Nope ! she was not. am not sure a woman would complain of chores, if the man is the only one bringing in the bacon, but if i am to help out with the family responsibilities, then the man had better 'manned' up and help with the house chores. no lazying around because of 40hrs a week work.
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by otokx(m): 8:20pm On Sep 19, 2011
Are you guys in 9ja? Is this for real?
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by dayokanu(m): 8:54pm On Sep 19, 2011
otokx:

Are you guys in 9ja? Is this for real?

Dapo complains that after working 40 plus hours a week, he would like to relax rather than do manual labor. Bola argues that working a part-time job and being a stay-at-home mom the other time equals working full-time. She also says these tasks are "man jobs" anyway.

From the initial post, It shows the man works full time while the wife just sits at home and works part time
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by ronkebp(f): 8:57pm On Sep 19, 2011
so because she works part-time, she has to mow the lawn and wash the cars
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by dayokanu(m): 9:00pm On Sep 19, 2011
^^ So what does she want to contribute to the house running?

But you had no problems with a man washing dishes, doing laundry and cooking while the wife is at home, So why cant the wife mow the lawn or wash cars?
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by ronkebp(f): 9:04pm On Sep 19, 2011
^^^ i will answer you when i get home, right now am leaving my office, angry angry
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by lastpage: 10:36pm On Sep 19, 2011
so because she works part-time, she has to mow the lawn and wash the cars?
And why can "she" mow the or wash cars?
Okay, l understand! WOMEN are not supposed to mow the lawn or do such stuffs! wink shocked

Its a "man's job"!
At times, it sounds hypocritical to me, when we stand for "equality of the sexes" and shout when men try to act superior in certain things
BUT in other circumstance, we are very eager to surrender our EQUALITY MANTRA to men, when its suits our purpose!

Thing is, Life is not like that, it comes in "a package"; The Good, The Bad and the Ugly! All together! wink

If we concede that men (being physiologically designed for harder/physical jobs and therefore more muscular and barrel-chested) are suited for hard work, we MUST also concede that Women are more suited for bearing child!

The obvious conclusion therefore is that GOD CREATED US NOT TO BE EQUALS BUT TO COMPLEMENT OURSELVES AND ALL THOSE "EQUALITY FIGHTERS" are Nuts!
End of story!

I hope women will realize that it is even more difficult than making a camel pass through the eye of a Needle, than to "FORCE" a man to do house-chores! You gotta "be smart" and let him lead himself to it, willingly!
Relax and let him lead the way while you lazy behind him, thats what men like! Ego-trippers! grin

BTW: Those asking whether l am male or Female, just read the context of the reply and you could tell if it was 'the man' or 'the woman' that was writing. grin
Me and my Hussy use this same handle and we read each other! So much fun. wink kiss
My dude does all those things like Lawns, cooking at times, Washing cars, e.t.c!
Very
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 20, 2011
?
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by ronkebp(f): 2:41pm On Sep 20, 2011
dayokanu:

^^ So what does she want to contribute to the house running?

But you had no problems with a man washing dishes, doing laundry and cooking while the wife is at home, So why cant the wife mow the lawn or wash cars?

@ Dayokanu and Lastpage

So her contribution has to include mowing the lawn and washing the cars. What does the man want to do at home? what is his own contribution to the home apart from paying bills, knacking and eating
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by ronkebp(f): 2:45pm On Sep 20, 2011
@ Lastpage

And why should a woman mow the lawn and wash cars, when she has a husband?, this not about equality but help!!!!, it is a different ball game in Naija, where you have house-help whether boy or girl to help out, but Abroad, it is a different, they are both working, and the woman has not neglected her motherly and wifely duties, then will add mowing the lawn and washing cars ontop her list that is wickedness!!!!
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by dayokanu(m): 2:58pm On Sep 20, 2011
Ronke I dont understand you o

You have no problems with a man cooking, washing plates and clothes, taking care of the kids.

WHy now have an issue with a woman washing cars and mowing lawns especially when she isnt contributing financially
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by ronkebp(f): 3:17pm On Sep 20, 2011
I do not have problems with men washing and doing all that stuff, we all know that those things are the wife's duties and when they (men) help out, it is a good thing, but for a woman to mow the lawn and wash cars, especially when the man is not helping her out in anyway, because he '' works 40 hrs or more'' a week, that one, i do not want to hear!!!
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by armyofone(m): 4:06pm On Sep 20, 2011
maybe pple should be eating out more there are healthy choices. at least one less housework to worry about. i love cooking and can make any meal (nig food take long to prep sha) but if i have a man who will not help with cooking, not help setting table, not help washing/loading the machine and unpacking if home, then we better be eating out, ordering chinese/take out/pizza  tongue

for laundry, well let him use one boxer, jeans, work clothes etc for the whole week. less clothes to wash  grin.
for making the bed, it is a must for me so whoever get off the bed last should do it. 
for house cleaning, get someone to do it and pay.

for lawn, we can both take turns. washing car, do drive thru. we both don't want extra cost, then lets do it together. it's not too hard now eh?

no matter if the woman is doing part time job, housework should not be left for one person. in a home where we both use/dirty up, dont expect me alone to be doing the work, common now.
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by dayokanu(m): 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2011
ronkebp:

I do not have problems with men washing and doing all that stuff, we all know that those things are the wife's duties and when they (men) help out, it is a good thing, but for a woman to mow the lawn and wash cars, especially when the man is not helping her out in anyway, because he '' works 40 hrs or more'' a week, that one, i do not want to hear!!!

Hypocritical much?

You dont mind a man doing womans chores when the woman is at home but you mind a woman doing a mans chores when the man is at home?

The man is not helping her anyway you said? the paycheck from the 40hrs work is what put the roof on their head and groceries in their kitchen
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by ronkebp(f): 5:22pm On Sep 20, 2011
dayokanu:

Hypocritical much?

You dont mind a man doing womans chores when the woman is at home but you mind a woman doing a mans chores when the man is at home?

The man is not helping her anyway you said? the paycheck from the 40hrs work is what put the roof on their head and groceries in their kitchen

Dayo!! spare me!, about the paycheck stuff, if a woman is sharing the financial responsibilities of the men, why won't he share in the 'house-chores responsibilities of the woman, ??
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by ronkebp(f): 5:24pm On Sep 20, 2011
armyofone:

maybe pple should be eating out more there are healthy choices. at least one less housework to worry about. i love cooking and can make any meal (nig food take long to prep sha) but if i have a man who will not help with cooking, not help setting table, not help washing/loading the machine and unpacking if home, then we better be eating out, ordering chinese/take out/pizza tongue

for laundry, well let him use one boxer, jeans, work clothes etc for the whole week. less clothes to wash grin.
for making the bed, it is a must for me so whoever get off the bed last should do it.
for house cleaning, get someone to do it and pay.

for lawn, we can both take turns. washing car, do drive thru. we both don't want extra cost, then lets do it together. it's not too hard now eh?

no matter if the woman is doing part time job, housework should not be left for one person. in a home where we both use/dirty up, dont expect me alone to be doing the work, common now.

NASO!!! my dear,
Re: Settle an Argument: "Should She Have to Do 'Man Chores'?" by dayokanu(m): 5:26pm On Sep 20, 2011
ronkebp:

Dayo!! spare me!, about the paycheck stuff, if a woman is sharing the financial responsibilities of the men, why won't he share in the 'house-chores responsibilities of the woman, ??

And if the man is also Paying the bulk of the financial responsibilties, Why wont the wife share in the household responsibilities of the man like mowing lawns and washing cars?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! / The Cost Of Getting Married To A Poor Family / What Should He Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.