Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,715 members, 7,918,204 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 04:12 AM

Total Oil And Gas Workers - Career (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Total Oil And Gas Workers (226478 Views)

I Need Your Urgent Advice Conserning Total Oil Limited Appointment / Job Vacancy At Total Oil Limited Nigeria / Total Oil And Gas Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by EdDave(m): 10:09am On Jul 12, 2012
^^^Pls can sm1 help us out. Is there a course one can do 2 suppliment 3rd class Elct/Elect Eng and find himself in O&G? Not necessary the big players but something good nonetheless. PLEASE HELP.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by ow11(m): 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2012
@EdDave

1.Why can't you help your friend get into the industry you work in? Isn't that lucrative enough?

2. Roustabouts are oil workers and some are functional illiterates so your friend has to decide what job he wants and try to get everything most people doing that job have in the industry
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by hobat4cash(m): 1:16pm On Jul 31, 2012
the thread has been silent for a while. Any news about those that applied for work? I mean the indigenes of Akwa ibom and Rivers state. Anyone?
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 31, 2012
Am an undergraduate studying petroleum engineering in one of the best institution in Nigeria. i have a long holiday now and need a vacation job in any good oil and gas company. please can someone help? i have good certificates to present.
thanks and God bless
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Boblanre: 7:12pm On Aug 02, 2012
This thread has been highly enlightening. Even as a non-technical person, I've learnt so much.
My Oliver Twist still wants more.
Thank you. smiley
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Originakalokalo(m): 9:34am On Aug 03, 2012
Pls how can i get a job as a contract staff in total?i read mech eng'g.HND distinction,PGD upper credit(4.2)plsssssssss.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by holloziggi: 1:41pm On Aug 03, 2012
Tnx T22 4 all ur comments,I got a 3rd class in geology n got admission 2study MSC environmental assesment and management @d university of salford uk,wd dat improve my chances of wrking in the oil n gas companies.pls reply
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by OdunetLbs: 9:33pm On Aug 03, 2012
@t22 et al....

I tried using NL DM service to @t22, but it was failing...I'm interested in a sponsored graduate program in engnr...and I need some pointers on schools and preparation...I majored in mech engrn and I have a first from a NG uni...u could also contact me via my nairaland profile or this forum, thanks a bunch bosses.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by abbyintuition(m): 11:09pm On Aug 04, 2012
Odunet Lbs: @t22 et al....

I tried using NL DM service to @t22, but it was failing...I'm interested in a sponsored graduate program in engnr...and I need some pointers on schools and preparation...I majored in mech engrn and I have a first from a NG uni...u could also contact me via my nairaland profile or this forum, thanks a bunch bosses.

Hello everyone, I'v bn following the discussions here for a while now, I really appreciate the discourse taking place. l also am interested in the Graduate program scholarship. One of the courses i would be interested in would be ict networks related. My first degree is in Elect/Elect Eng'r also from a Nigerian University (ATBU) to be precise. Thank you.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by yamakuza: 12:03am On Aug 05, 2012
T22 has been very quiet of late. e be like say d guy don enter Total ...
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by tanimola22: 3:48am On Aug 05, 2012
yamakuza: T22 has been very quiet of late. e be like say d guy don enter Total ...

My brother, I've been very choked with activities these days. Too many things to read and write, hence the lack of time to contribute to the very insightful issues that have sprung up on this section of Nairaland in the past few days and weeks.

T22
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by yamakuza: 3:56am On Aug 05, 2012
tanimola22:

My brother, I've been very choked with activities these days. Too many things to read and write, hence the lack of time to contribute to the very insightful issues that have sprung up on this section of Nairaland in the past few days and weeks.

T22

it is well. Godspeed!
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by tanimola22: 4:14am On Aug 05, 2012
kentorito: Am an undergraduate studying petroleum engineering in one of the best institution in Nigeria. i have a long holiday now and need a vacation job in any good oil and gas company. please can someone help? i have good certificates to present.
thanks and God bless

Hi,

This is a very smart move. There are indeed many vacation jobs, including those in oil and gas, banking, etc, available to interested students who are on long holidays. The key though is to either know someone within the firm you aim to do the vacation job or have your intention communicated to someone in HR. In this regard, therefore, I would advise you to visit the oil and gas firms in Lagos/PH/Warri (depending on where you currently reside) and try to get across to someone in HR. You will be amazed at what may follow if you are able to hand in your CV to someone that counts.

I propose that you visit 3 firms each day for the next 20-30 days. To get a clue of the names and addresses of the oil and gas companies to visit, please see http://www.nigeriagalleria.com/Oil_and_Gas/Services_t.html. Make sure you go with copies of your CV and cover letters. The cover letters, addressed to individual firms, should explicitly state what you are looking for; the CV should highlight what you have learned so far as an undergrad, with special focus on those courses that you feel the firms will find useful and most welcoming. Also, attaching at least one of your very good semester results can go a long way in making your target firms pick a genuine interest in you.

Lastly, try the multinational oil and gas firms but do not neglect the local ones.

Best!

T22

2 Likes

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by tanimola22: 4:37am On Aug 05, 2012
holloziggi: Tnx T22 4 all ur comments,I got a 3rd class in geology n got admission 2study MSC environmental assesment and management @d university of salford uk,wd dat improve my chances of wrking in the oil n gas companies.pls reply

Hello,

Have you ever had the chance of working for any oil and gas firm(s)? If no, then I am afraid. Although not impossible, entry level oil and gas jobs are not that easy to come by these days. That said, I believe the MSc will definitely lessen the negative impact that a third class degree would normally have on your job prospects. This is how far I can say here.

Meanwhile, I won't say your strategy is bad; in fact, the same strategy worked for a third class mechanical engineering graduate who I got to know a few years ago (3-4 years ago). He got a third in Naija and left for his MSc at Northumbria University, UK. He was thereafter luckily hired to work in S********* Oil and Gas in Canada.

If you ask me whether to go ahead with your plans, I will respond and say that you should try to consider other European Universities that offer your course. You will spend a lot less and have more to save. There are too many UK degrees already in Naija!

T22.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by tanimola22: 4:38am On Aug 05, 2012
yamakuza:

it is well. Godspeed!

Yeah, thanks!

T22
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by tanimola22: 4:41am On Aug 05, 2012
Odunet Lbs: @t22 et al....

Hi,

Congrats on your big academic achievement.

When did you graduate? Are you not interested in Goodluck Jonathan's offer?

T22
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by tanimola22: 4:44am On Aug 05, 2012
abbyintuition:

Hello everyone, I'v bn following the discussions here for a while now, I really appreciate the discourse taking place. l also am interested in the Graduate program scholarship. One of the courses i would be interested in would be ict networks related. My first degree is in Elect/Elect Eng'r also from a Nigerian University (ATBU) to be precise. Thank you.

Start from here http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus_mundus/results_compendia/selected_projects_action_1_master_courses_en.php and select the one that interests you.

T22
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by OdunetLbs: 7:57am On Aug 06, 2012
Thanks for your reply, I'm presently serving...I heard the FG program can only start after nysc, nonetheless I'm not interested in univ.job(for now)/signing a bond with them...I would prefer total (lol...). So my question is, how necessary is Msc for entry level reqruitment into the O&G industry generally...and which foundation/campany/univ. sponsored Msc awards would you advice...and what are the requirements, thanks a bunch.
tanimola22:

Hi,

Congrats on your big academic achievement.

When did you graduate? Are you not interested in Goodluck Jonathan's offer?

T22
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by AjanleKoko: 9:20am On Aug 06, 2012
Odunet Lbs: Thanks for your reply, I'm presently serving...I heard the FG program can only start after nysc, nonetheless I'm not interested in univ.job(for now)/signing a bond with them...I would prefer total (lol...). So my question is, how necessary is Msc for entry level reqruitment into the O&G industry generally...and which foundation/campany/univ. sponsored Msc awards would you advice...and what are the requirements, thanks a bunch.

If you have a first, you should have been applying to Total already.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by debosky(m): 1:14pm On Aug 06, 2012
@ Odunet

You should be applying to Total now - don't worry about the MSc. for now because many graduates get sponsored for MSc. programs, usually via the University of Port Harcourt - IFP joint MSc. program.

MSc's are not a requirement in Nigeria, and you'll often have a better chance of getting in 'fresh' than in say 2 years' time when you may not have done the best MSc in the world and you're facing even more competition.

1 Like

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by OdunetLbs: 7:09pm On Aug 06, 2012
Thanks a lot, and God's blessings to @all...
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by abbyintuition(m): 11:45pm On Aug 06, 2012
thank u t22
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by AjanleKoko: 6:05pm On Aug 07, 2012
kymblaq: Persons with interests in active trade and/or investment in agricultural commodities are invited for a one day training program at the Civic Centre Victoria Island on 1/9/12. At the end of the program, participants are given a financial investment option that allows them pool and monitor their investment with a return on investment varying from 30% to 60% monthly varying on the degree of personal involvement. Date 1st of September 2012. Time: 11am. Entry fee: N25,000 only. *Lunch inclusive* Thank you. For more information/enquires Call Our Senior business Consultant Mr Femi Oyeniyi on 08030788360. Or send an email to spykeblue01@yahoo.com

kymblaq: We offer investment packages for persons of average and above average means. This investment packages pays dividends monthly, bimonthly, quarterly and yearly depending on the package chosen. We have two types of investment options based on monies invested and we accommodate investments from N50,000 to N10,000,000. Monthly dividend ranges from 30% to 60% depending on option chosen. A money back option is available if persons prefer with a 0% interest and a 3% penal fee. We look forward to hearing from you, Thank you. For inquires contact our senior business consultant Mr Femi Oyeniyi on 08030788360 E-mail spykeblue01@yahoo.com

Hmm. Ponzi ahoy!
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by debosky(m): 6:22pm On Aug 07, 2012
30-60% monthly returns. . . .even oyel peepulz no dey see that kain money. cheesy

Who needs Total when I can get that level of return PLUS free lunch all for 25K? cheesy
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 08, 2012
thanks @ tamimola22
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 4:20am On Aug 11, 2012
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by collyno200(m): 2:03pm On Aug 11, 2012
hello mr tanimola i sent you a mail.Am yet to get your response kindly check and reply as it is urgent thanks.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 11:07pm On Aug 11, 2012
grin
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by tanimola22: 8:35am On Aug 12, 2012
collyno200: hello mr tanimola i sent you a mail.Am yet to get your response kindly check and reply as it is urgent thanks.

My brother, current events have not 'gree' me respond to posts and emails.

For the registration, please visit http://www.eglobaltechng.com/contact.html

Lagos Office:

1st Floor, 368 Lagos / Abeokuta Expressway,
Oja Oba Bus Stop, Opposite C.A.C Church,
Abule-Egba, Lagos State .
08060134323, 07031546358

OR

Lagos/Bariga Sub Office:

78 St. Finbarrs Road,
Opposite New Life Microfinance Bank,Bariga, Lagos State .
07068469560, 017360456-7

There are many other places in Lagos and Abuja where you can pay to get registered. Just don't give anyone your money if you are not convinced of their genuineness.

Prepare well and please ace the tests. Keep getting the 5. It is an ego booster and a way to get your application noticed by top admissions officers.

Good luck.

T22

PS: Make sure your scores are ready before the month of September ends. I assume you have been preparing for the tests since March.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by sawyer89: 9:17am On Aug 13, 2012
Please i need info on Total scholarship at the Institute of Petroleum studies, University of portharcout.
I have been surfing their site but all to no avail.A link will be highly appreciated.
NB- Similar scholarship info are welcome!

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (36) (Reply)

ICAN May 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here / 2022 Access Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment Has Been Extended / How Can An Employee Write A Letter To Ask For Leave To Write An Exam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.