Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,299 members, 7,981,604 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 09:01 PM

I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother (45709 Views)

UPDATE: I've Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother / My Pregnant Neighbour Has Been Restless Because She's Carrying Twin / I Have Been Having An Affair With My Elder Brother's Wife – Nigerian Man Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by VTJN(m): 8:25pm On May 12, 2023
obama99:

When you ask questions responsibly, we will answer politely. Sogbo
Op don't owe anyone apology. Stop living in fools paradise. He did no wrong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by GodWrites: 8:40pm On May 12, 2023
placeofallure:

I think a robot typed this; definitely not human!

What an intelligent robot.
Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by VTJN(m): 8:42pm On May 12, 2023
AirbagsNg:

You dont have a job, but you are pointing fingers to your elder brother for bringing woes because he doesn't have a job too. E did not go to school, he did not go to school. You that went, fix the home now.

Why are you pained baba? Op is a graduate, working in a factory, supporting the family including that his eldest brother. He was advising his brother to think of something else to do since conductor work no dey again. He can't continue sitting down at home at that age while his younger brother feed him. That's abomination

It is better earning 10k than sitting idle doing nothing. Not even a grown up man of that age. What if he has already got married and things went like this? Is that how he will be sitting down at home doing nothing? How will the children feed, pay house rent? His wife will just dump him and move on with her life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by doggedfighter(f): 8:43pm On May 12, 2023
Kaycee54321:
Elder bro was myopic.

Many years of working for a driver and never sitting down to ask how he can move up the ladder from being a conductor?

The only person I pity the most is Op's mom. Like many have observed, a woman who naturally seeks a partner that's stable enough to provide and protect her offspring shouldn't be frowned on.

It's not easy.
My friend will always say, "Make money and be stable first; love can be generated anytime".

You too dey make sense.

Loves reading your diary. First time reading you outside your diary and you didn't disappoint.

Daalu !

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by ItswellMike: 8:43pm On May 12, 2023
Good advice......
Op run along with it
Acidosis:
At 38, I don't see the point writing JAMB and all those education stuff you're preaching, please. It is a complete waste of time and resources (unless you have a guaranteed job of 500k+ immediately after graduation).

He doesn't have to learn a skill either if he already knows how to drive. Talk to your brother again to try Bolt/Uber driving. With access to internet and social media, it is very possible to find someone with a car. I'm not a fan of agbero or conductor job so I will never recommend it.
Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by Kobojunkie: 8:45pm On May 12, 2023
ItswellMike:
Good advice......
Op run along with it
Doesn't one first need a car to do Uber with? undecided
Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by kinkydude: 8:47pm On May 12, 2023
It's great you talked to him. But you'll still continue to show some love pls. First daughters and sons need prayers more than anyone else. He can drive Keke or korope in Lagos and start a family.

1 Like

Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by teemy(m): 8:47pm On May 12, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Lagos govt recently acquired electric buses, he should go and try his luck there without delay. Hurry! With the many years of experience he has, he stand a chance

@DownTime44, the above.

Also, let him dress corporate when going to the interview and have a mellow outlook.
Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by Snowx: 8:58pm On May 12, 2023
I don't normally comments on issues especially when the number of pages is much..but this one hit .e coz I am the first son and I really know the challenges..

All I will tell you is that the Lord is with you, you will make it big and make your family proud..yiur a real gee

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by mctech(m): 9:00pm On May 12, 2023
The poster deserves help. Who will help this guy?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by seanwilliam(m): 9:04pm On May 12, 2023
VTJN:
live and let others live

Those women are getting married every Saturday to responsible guys. Keep hating

Bitter soul grin
grin
I for abuse you , but I no one get hbp.
Goodnight grin
Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by VTJN(m): 9:06pm On May 12, 2023
seanwilliam:
grin
I for abuse you , but I no one get hbp.
Goodnight grin
those women are getting married every Saturday to responsible guys

Stop being bitter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by phemmyfour: 9:09pm On May 12, 2023
DownTime44:
when some are saying i shouldn't have made him cry when i did not touch him. Some even asked me to apologise to him
Don't mind them.

When your brother is doing fine, you LL have less financial burden to worry about over your mum and you LL be able to save money to improve your life

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 12, 2023
DownTime44:
Hi guys

Please i put up this post basically because of my elder brother. I sincerely want to know if i was wrong talking to him, or I could have just let him be. I wasn't myself ever since i talked to him, and i was somewhat having guilty conscience since then.

I have an elder brother, he's 38 years old and also the first son. I am the fourth child in the family of five. The second child is a female and she's married. We lost our third child, that's my immediate elder brother some years back, while i have a younger brother. I came from a humble background. Lost my dad while i was in JS 3, even before his death we had been hustling on a daily basis for survival, and we live happily as one big family. My mother, siblings and i do hawk daily before we could eat. All thanks to public school in Lagos, my family wouldn't have had the opportunity to basic education. We hawk daily after school, weekdays and weekend. My family was bred and brought up in Ajegunle.

Few years after the demise of my father, we struggled to pay house rent. We had to leave Ajegunle to a local and developing area. I didn't allow my family conditions deter or weigh me down. Never! I believe I'd make it in life legitimately without venturing into crime, fraud, theft etc. After my secondary school, i was into all sorts of labour work. I worked in factory, building site, cleared bushes, laundry man , just to save up and further my education. I worked for 6 years after my secondary school, bought a bike from the little savings i had and proceed to school through jamb. I gave the bike to someone who often deliver #6,000 weekly for the upkeep of my family. I was in year 2 when i let go of the bike, it was on a higher purchase and the agreement we have had elapsed. I hustled my way through school and graduated. I'm done with service last year but couldn't land a job, probably due to my age. I'd be 29 this year and most graduate trainee often request for age below 28. Although, i had a 2.1. I'm only managing in a pure water factory to make ends meet, keep soul and body together and support my family

I sat my elder brother down and talked to him. He has been hustling like every other person in the family but i don't understand what's happening. He didn't futher his education nor learn a handwork. He's 38 but still live under his parents roof. He has been doing conductor work for many years. The family had talked to him several times to look for something else. It's fine you are hustling as a man for survival but doing conductor for many years without thinking of what else to do is wrong. A family friend of ours who later got to know what he does for a living had advice him also.

The bus he was following, the driver had misunderstanding with the owner and he collected his bus back. My elder brother had been idle for months, doing nothing. He claimed he has gone virtually everywhere in search of bus he could be working with but couldn't get any. This is a family that we all had to bring something no matter how little to survive. I was talking to him as a younger brother. I asked him why didn't he heed to people's advice when they were advising him then to stop the conductor work and look for something to learn, if perhaps he doesn't want to further his education? He doesn't believe in Nigeria education, because he could count graduates without job or those with petty job. My elder brother wear almost rag as clothes. I had to give him some of my little wears I'm managing. He has just one slippers. We don't wear same size of shoe or sandals, we could have been sharing that also. He sold his phone to feed sometime ago and had been without phone. I was initially saving to get my mum a small phone but i had to give him the phone instead.

He was crying when i was talking to him. I understand the situation of things in the country, which i myself is going through. I was just trying to know what other things he could come up with. I am not happy seeing him sitting idle doing nothing. The fact that he's the first son and found himself in this condition at that age breaks my heart daily. My mum had been so worried about his condition. I had to convince her that things will be better. I don't want her to develop high Blood Pressure that could lead to her untimely death.

Please guys was i wrong talking to my elder brother?
You have done nothing wrong except if the way you presented the discussion wasn't respectful.
I have come to realize that in MOST CASES, the success of a family depends on the success of the first child. Maybe that's why parents tend to give their first child the best support they can afford.
You guys don't have to give up, many people have made it with little or no help. With God and hard work, all things will be fine
Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 12, 2023
VTJN:
do yourself a favour and place in success on yourself and love ones too grin

My female friend was cursed sometime ago by someone that she wouldn't get married. Today she's happily married with kids. She married a successful young man that LOVE her to the brim. If you think say naso course take be, almost everybody will be under course because we must have offended someone either as a child, teenage, and adult. In school, place of work, place of worship et al

Your course do not hold any water one bit on anyone. You're not his biological mother. Place a success on yourself and your love ones and watch the outcome first before deceiving yourself about cursing someone who isn't your child. Very funny grin

I am not in anyway supporting your brother beating you or you beating your brother. I am not a violence person but the aspects of you cursing your brother na pure myth. You're only deceiving yourself. Take it to the bank

You are still young from your answer. You’ve not seen life. What did your female friend do to the person? There is difference between offended someone and attacking someone. It’s clear you are a teenager so no need lecturing you. If you have a brother that is older than you and you feel you are stronger. You can beat him up to test and dare him to curse you. Try out the experiment
Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by Olarewaju89: 10:00pm On May 12, 2023
Popesuccess:
Most people don't belief it but first born sons that opens the womb face alot of battles and difficulties in life. Like you said it is worst if they are born into a poor family.

Thank you.

My father was a first son and it was hell for him when he was alive. He couldn't over come the challenges before he died. Thank God for we his children we are doing well today.
Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by imagrg(m): 10:02pm On May 12, 2023
Give him à job or let him hustle along with you.
Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by Olarewaju89: 10:05pm On May 12, 2023
Smith414:
Many people may not understand you but brother I know what you mean, there’s this spirit that follows first born especially when they’re boys, it takes the grace of God, prayers from parents and a lot of discipline to make sure first sons don’t go astray, I’ve seen a lot from experience, his mom really needs to pray or do something about it else na so the guy brother go remain

Thank you bro.

My father pray hell out of his life so that the same problem won't affect his children.

He died August 30th 1998
Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by Kobojunkie: 10:11pm On May 12, 2023
Olarewaju89:
■ Thank you. My father was a first son and it was hell for him when he was alive. He couldn't over come the challenges before he died. Thank God for we his children we are doing well today.
Please stop subscribing to meaningless bullsheet abeg! I am a firstborn and none of what you describe has followed me ever. undecided
Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by Olarewaju89: 10:12pm On May 12, 2023
Flame77:

Bro I've been following your comments on this thread and I completely understand where you are coming from because as a first born myself, I've been there and I'm still to an extent but thank God I met Jesus. They won't understand. They don't know about the spell of Esau and the course of Reuben. They don't know there are battles that confront first Borns especially those born into poverty. Spiritual things are spiritually discerned by those with spiritual insights. If the mother is not a woman of the spirit, there's nothing she can do because you can't give what you don't have. That elder bro is in mental bondage and mentally stranded. He could even be battling a hidden destructive addiction too. I cried reading his post because it kind of mirrored my story and that of my family. That family needs help asap. Please Lord send help to them.

Thank you bro. I'm happy that you understand the spiritual aspect of it. Blood and water can't reveal this except the holy spirit.

1 Like

Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by Kobojunkie: 10:13pm On May 12, 2023
Olarewaju89:
■ Thank you bro. My father pray hell out of his life so that the same problem won't affect his children. He died August 30th 1998
Your father was ignorant of Truth of God. What he should have done was work hard to make sure that all his kids and properly provided for no matter what. I am afraid but the truth has to be told. Not all firstborns experience hell and this is because not all firstborns are born under the same conditions. Na condition dey make crayfish bend! undecided
Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by Kobojunkie: 10:13pm On May 12, 2023
Olarewaju89:
■ Thank you bro. I'm happy that you understand the spiritual aspect of it. Blood and water can't reveal this except the holy spirit.
There is absolutely nothing spiritual about it.... blood and water no reach anywhere for this matter except the delusions stored up in the minds of people who reject reality. undecided
Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by Kobojunkie: 10:14pm On May 12, 2023
RenegadeX:
■ You are still young from your answer. You’ve not seen life. What did your female friend do to the person? There is difference between offended someone and attacking someone. It’s clear you are a teenager so no need lecturing you. If you have a brother that is older than you and you feel you are stronger. You can beat him up to test and dare him to curse you. Try out the experiment
Rubbish! No human has the power to curse another human being. It is all in the mind. undecided
Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by Olarewaju89: 10:16pm On May 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Your father was ignorant of Truth of God. What he should have done was work hard to make sure that all his kids and properly provided for no matter what. I am afraid but the truth has to be told. Not all firstborns experience hell and this is because not all firstborns are born under the same conditions. Na condition dey make crayfish bend! undecided

You won't understand bro. Since you don't know me neither do you know my father, you won't if my father work hard or not.
Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by Olarewaju89: 10:18pm On May 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
There is absolutely nothing spiritual about it.... blood and water no reach anywhere for this matter except the delusions stored up in the minds of people who reject reality. undecided

I don't need start arguing with you on this matter at all.

Thank you bro and have a wonderful night rest grin
Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by Kobojunkie: 10:19pm On May 12, 2023
Olarewaju89:
■ You won't understand bro. Since you don't know me neither do you know my father, you won't if my father work hard or not.
Please stop deceiving yourself. Working hard does not guarantee success, it however is said to increase chances of it. Working smart is what instead guarantees success. So many people are born into poverty making it so many times harder for them to break out of the cycle. Those who break out of the cycle eventually are those who begin to work smart and make smart decisions to follow up all that hard work. Your father was not cursed and there is no such thing as the curse of the firstborn. There are instead human beings and what they do with the chances and opportunities before them. simple! undecided
Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 12, 2023
VTJN:
do yourself a favour and place in success on yourself and love ones too grin

My female friend was cursed sometime ago by someone that she wouldn't get married. Today she's happily married with kids. She married a successful young man that LOVE her to the brim. If you think say naso course take be, almost everybody will be under course because we must have offended someone either as a child, teenage, and adult. In school, place of work, place of worship et al

Your course do not hold any water one bit on anyone. You're not his biological mother. Place a success on yourself and your love ones and watch the outcome first before deceiving yourself about cursing someone who isn't your child. Very funny grin

I am not in anyway supporting your brother beating you or you beating your brother. I am not a violence person but the aspects of you cursing your brother na pure myth. You're only deceiving yourself. Take it to the bank

If you have deeply hurt anyone in the past especially an innocent person that didn’t harm you karma is damn coming after you. All these talks of is only mother that can curse. Use it to be consoling yourself. If things are not going well for you and you are encountering setbacks better go and beg the person you offended. Perhaps you slept with a child of God’s wife and he caught you with her on his bed and he issued a curse on you. Baba e go work stop giving yourself false hope okay. Make restitutions so your life can move forward.

Yes I place success every morning on myself and I see the result. People that have done good to me I have prayed for them and blessed them and they are doing fine.

One thing about cursed people is that they are very stubborn grin. They will never agree that it was the words issued against them that is working. They will say it’s coincidence that bad things happen to good people at times too.

Oga I repeat their are people you don’t mess with. Karma responds to their cries fast. And you must be a child to think only parents can curse. Go and steal the elderly money living in your street na or steal their fowl. Dey play

Oga don’t quote me again. E be like say na all this unruly small pikin you be like the good for nothing I have as younger brother
Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by Kobojunkie: 10:25pm On May 12, 2023
RenegadeX:
■ If you have deeply hurt anyone in the past especially an innocent person that didn’t harm you karma is damn coming after you. All these talks of is only mother that can curse. Use it to be consoling yourself. If things are not going well for you and you are encountering setbacks better go and beg the person you offended. Perhaps you slept with a [b]child of God ’s wife and he caught you with her on his bed and he issued a curse on you. Baba e go work stop giving yourself false hope okay. Make restitutions so your life can move forward. [/b]
Yes I place success every morning on myself and I see the result. People that have done good to me I have prayed for them and blessed them and they are doing fine.One thing about cursed people is that they are very stubborn grin. They will never agree that it was the words issued against them that is working. They will say it’s coincidence that bad things happen to good people at times too.
Oga I repeat their are people you don’t mess with. Karma responds to their cries fast. And you must be a child to think only parents can curse. Go and steal the elderly money living in your street na or steal their fowl. Dey play Oga don’t quote me again. E be like say na all this unruly small pikin you be like the good for nothing I have as younger brother
The brain damage of Churchianism is that so many of you are lost as far as the root of what you in fact believe.

First of all, Karma does not exist in Scripture. Second, Scripture has it that the only one who has the power to curse any human being is God. Why? Because He alone created them all. Third, a child of God's wife is not by default a child of God herself hence the reason why Jesus Christ said if your partner commits fornication, you are free to remarry. undecided

Please stop connecting these disconnected ideas so your mind is not continuously ruled by so many delusions born of what are contradictions aka fallacies! undecided
Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Rubbish! No human has the power to curse another human being. It is all in the mind. undecided

I have just one question. It works or not?

Did Jacob not curse Reuben in the Bible? Thou shall not excel curse was placed on him.

Noah cursed his son for viewing and mocking his unclothedness

Elisha cursed gehazi and his generation with leprosy abi all those ones are in the mind too

Micah David’s wife was cursed by him and she never had a baby and she is recorded as the only barren woman in the Bible who never got the breakthrough of birthing a child. undecided

Jesus cursed a fig tree and it withered undecided

And you use to always behave like you know the entire Bible undecided

I now know you don’t know jack and you tend to twist the scriptures undecided

I don’t even know if you are a believer or atheist. You seem like an atheist that knows too much of the Bible but twist it to form an idea of your own undecided
Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The brain damage of Churchianism is that so many of you are lost as far as the root of what you in fact believe.

First of all, Karma does not exist in Scripture. [/b]Second, Scripture has it that the only one who has the power to curse any human being is God. Why? Because He alone created them all. Third, a child of God's wife is not by default a child of God herself hence the reason why Jesus Christ said if your partner commits fornication, you are free to remarry. undecided

Please stop connecting these disconnected ideas so your mind is not continuously ruled by so many delusions born of what are contradictions aka fallacies! undecided

What is this verse please

[b]Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.
Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by Kobojunkie: 10:36pm On May 12, 2023
RenegadeX:
■ I have just one question. It works or not? Did Jacob not curse Reuben in the Bible? Thou shall not excel curse was placed on him.
■ Noah's cursed his son for viewing and mocking his unclothedness
■ Elisha cursed Gehazi and his generation with leprosy abi all those ones are in the mind too
■ Micah David’s wife was cursed by him and she never had a baby and she is recorded as the only barren woman in the Bible who never got the breakthrough of birthing a child. undecided
■ Jesus cursed a fig tree and it withered undecided
■ And you use to always behave like you know the entire Bible I now know you don’t know jack and you tend to twist the scriptures I don’t even know if you are a believer or atheist. You seem like an atheist that knows too much of the Bible but twist it to form an idea of your own undecided
1. But Jacob's curse on Reuben was a dud! It didn't work at all. undecided

2. Also, Noah's curse on his son was also a dud — it didn't work. undecided

3. Elisha's curse on Gehazi was sanctioned by God since what the servant did was against God Himself. undecided

4. David did not curse Micha, rather he rebuked her, and probably deprived her of her right as wife too hence the reason why it is written that she had no children. By the way, Michas isn't th only woman recorded in Scripture to have had no children. The prophet Anna is included. undecided

5. Jesus Christ cursed a tree but as God, His curse is laid out on those who transgress the Law of God in the Kingdom of God. undecided

6. You know what you need, you need to stop digesting lies fed to you by your mogs and pastors, and instead read the book for your own self so your mind isn't filled with these tales! undecided

1 Like

Re: I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. But Jacob's curse on Reuben was a dud! It didn't work at all. undecided

2. Also, Noah's curse on his son was also a dud — it didn't work. undecided

3. Elisha's curse on Gehazi was sanctioned by God since what the servant did was against God Himself. undecided

4. David did not curse Micha, rather he rebuked her, and probably deprived her of her right as wife too hence the reason why it is written that she had no children. By the way, Michas isn't th only woman recorded in Scripture to have had no children. The prophet Anna is included. undecided

5. Jesus Christ cursed a tree but as God, His curse is laid out on those who transgress the Law of God in the Kingdom of God. undecided

6. You know what you need, you need to stop digesting lies fed to you by your mogs and pastors, and instead read the book for your own self so your mind isn't filled with these tales! undecided

Where exactly are you? smiley

I need to feel your neck with the back of my palm. They were duds indeed

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

. / Dehinde Fernandez Mistress, Halima Buries Him In Belgium - Akinsco28 / Under-aged Bride Kills Husband Over Hyperactive Libido In Plateau

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.