Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,213 members, 7,887,574 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:49 AM

Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. (4132 Views)

Advice Needed: Should I Go Ahead With The Introduction / Should A Man Hide or lock His Phone From His Wife? / Advice Needed.. Should I Quit Or Remain In This Kind Of Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by OkoAmarashy: 12:44pm On May 21, 2023
Godoverevery:
This thread isn't intended to bash any woman but just to let them no we men ain't fools cos I don't no why women will hardly make sacrifice for a man family but will expect the man to be making sacrifices for her own.

Sometime last year my mum wanted to do a little hosting of her follow market women in the house so she needed a caterer to help with food needed for the day. I was to sort that out for her while my other siblings sort the rest.

My fiancee happens to be into catering I had a discussion with her to help cook it.....it was food meant for 50 guest and she sent me a quotation of 120k.

This someone who practically staying with me and am the one taking care of everything.....we had lot of back and forth over it and she said 90k is the last she can do it for.
I beg this lady to collect 70k but she told me 70k will only cook jollof rice with beef while swallow wont be included.
I paid the 90k with pain in my heart cos I felt she wasn't considerate at all cos she knew my financial status at the time and she still used the gas in the house to prepare everything(she made about 30k gain out of me cos she later jabo herself)........no family in business right.

When My mum asked who cook the food I just told her a former school mate cos it will be somehow telling her my fiancee collected that amount for the food.
(Had it been my aunties were around am sure It won't cost up to 50k to cook that food)

Now table has turned her dad need my services which will cost him normally around 450k but am ready to render it for 300k.

Her mum called telling her to plead with me to do It for 200k that her dad doesn't really have money which means I will have to add 100k of my own money to get the equipment since am not charging installation fee.

She brought up the matter yesterday and I clearly reminded her what she did when I needed her to cook for my mum meeting and we really exchanged harsh words.

She later called her mum to inform them to get someone else to do the job that I can't do it.
Am close to her mum and I don't want to create this impression of not being a good potential son inlaw.

So am thinking of calling her mum today and explaining everything to her ....so she can understand things properly or should I just lock up.....(advice needed).

Honestly I want to pay her back for what she did cos she not even remorseful saying she even did me a favor collecting the 90k for the food.

God is showing you the kind of idiot you're about getting married to but you are stupidly carrying on.
Some of you are destined to suffer and no matter how much God saves you, you still go around looking for that suffering.

This lady obviously lacks respect for you and you are also too weak to command her respect.

You better look for another person to marry cos this one no be am at all.
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by dmostcheerful(f): 12:45pm On May 21, 2023
Your aunt could have done it.
A bag of rice can only feed 50 people.
That's if someone didn't eat 2 plate or take home.
How much is a bag of rice?
40-50k
Tomatoes is how much?
How much is meat?
You said aside rice she will cook other things right.
Go and sit the f没ck down.
I can see other things up there with rope dangling in between there legs, most of them don't even know how to on a stove talk more of boil water, they are the ones advising you.
Abge get out.
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by Kooldon(f): 12:52pm On May 21, 2023
Call your in-law, inform them the cost of the material and you can go to buy the items with them since the total price is 300k without workman.
If you allowed them to source it from outside based on your woman's assertion, it wil give you a bad image
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by MarketDispatch: 12:55pm On May 21, 2023
Godoverevery:
This thread isn't intended to the 90k for the food.

If you are struggling financially and you go and add another lady that is struggling financially to yourself, just know that you have multiplied your burden.

For your Fiancee to call her Mum to get someone else means she no send you.
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by Xtopherprince(m): 1:00pm On May 21, 2023
dmostcheerful:
40-50k
Tomatoes is how much?
How much is meat?
I can see other things up there with rope dangling in between there legs, most of them don't even know how to on a stove talk more of boil water, they are the ones advising you.
Abge get out.

Let's get factual here. You'd only need around less than 3 paints of rice to comfortably feed 50 people. The word I used was comfortably..... That's around 12kg of rice, which should translate into a quarter of a bag of rice. A bag of rice which I use at my restaurant costs around 36 to 37k. Divide into 4 and add around 2k to it.

I could go on about tomato, oil, water, Maggi etc in correct measurements for standardized cooking.

Some of us know how to turn on gas and also cost menus.
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by gidjah(m): 1:08pm On May 21, 2023
dawnomike:
If you don't plan on laying her, forget it... But if you plan on getting married to her, be the bigger person and make the sacrifice.
Even in marriage, ladies tend to do a lot of illogical things. You're the one to just apply maturity in the face of childishness
you must be married to talk in this manner,most young men and ladies here won't understand untill they properly get married .
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by dmostcheerful(f): 1:11pm On May 21, 2023
Xtopherprince:

Let's get factual here. You'd only need around less than 3 paints of rice to comfortably feed 50 people. The word I used was comfortably..... That's around 12kg of rice, which should translate into a quarter of a bag of rice. A bag of rice which I use at my restaurant costs around 36 to 37k. Divide into 4 and add around 2k to it.

I could go on about tomato, oil, water, Maggi etc in correct measurements for standardized cooking.

Some of us know how to turn on gas and also cost menus.
Go on please, after that remember she didn't make only rice.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by gidjah(m): 1:17pm On May 21, 2023
Godoverevery:

Thanks bro.....I think women are just naturally selfish.

bro,you will get clearer pics as you properly get wedded.I am actually against you both cohabiting together !I U no be christian ni ?and even if you guys are on the other side ,were u guys not told it's evil ??what kind of honor do you both want to bring into the marriage even after ...??you have" see your self finish " and sold out the honor of marriage on the plater of selfishness and worldliness oga. Go and sort your self,let the lady go back to her parents and you do the right thing even if it's on a low scale .imagine your parents are even aware of this sir. Anyways, women are generally like this sir, quite selfish, and this will open up the more after the wedding ! U go see full glare of selfishness.from the way and manner most of them talk here you will get the lines .... Once it gets to your own family,most of them are off the hook ,but can go all out to bend you into accepting Thier lines for Thier own families .you are also mature here as I can perceive but just need to give your selves space and re define your essence sir.
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by Mom007(f): 1:47pm On May 21, 2023
Are you running a charity? U said if you accept 200k, you will end up paying 100k out of pocket. Thats bad and foolish business. You can call the mom and explain that you are charging them the cost price and nothing for yourself. Unless its a set up and they are asking you to do the job BECAUSE they want you to add your money, then you lock up. They cannot get it cheaper elsewhere anyway...
Its never a good precedent for marriage for in-laws to be exploiting son in laws. Avoid it at all costs.
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by Iambro(m): 1:53pm On May 21, 2023
Do not bother to tell her mum
if I were you I would leave her in that relationship
You are clearly seeing a potential red flag but you chose to ignore for you mind you both are playing games lmao
I won't say more than this.
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by eventainment(m): 2:00pm On May 21, 2023
What's the normal you charge outsoders?
What's the normal others charge?
Inflate the cost price and play along like you didn't charge service fee. Women will always be the same
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by jesmond3945: 2:38pm On May 21, 2023
Godoverevery:
This thread isn't intended to bash any woman but just to let them no we men ain't fools cos I don't no why women will hardly make sacrifice for a man family but will expect the man to be making sacrifices for her own.

Sometime last year my mum wanted to do a little hosting of her follow market women in the house so she needed a caterer to help with food needed for the day. I was to sort that out for her while my other siblings sort the rest.

My fiancee happens to be into catering I had a discussion with her to help cook it.....it was food meant for 50 guest and she sent me a quotation of 120k.

This someone who practically staying with me and am the one taking care of everything.....we had lot of back and forth over it and she said 90k is the last she can do it for.
I beg this lady to collect 70k but she told me 70k will only cook jollof rice with beef while swallow wont be included.
I paid the 90k with pain in my heart cos I felt she wasn't considerate at all cos she knew my financial status at the time and she still used the gas in the house to prepare everything(she made about 30k gain out of me cos she later jabo herself)........no family in business right.

When My mum asked who cook the food I just told her a former school mate cos it will be somehow telling her my fiancee collected that amount for the food.
(Had it been my aunties were around am sure It won't cost up to 50k to cook that food)

Now table has turned her dad need my services which will cost him normally around 450k but am ready to render it for 300k.

Her mum called telling her to plead with me to do It for 200k that her dad doesn't really have money which means I will have to add 100k of my own money to get the equipment since am not charging installation fee.

She brought up the matter yesterday and I clearly reminded her what she did when I needed her to cook for my mum meeting and we really exchanged harsh words.

She later called her mum to inform them to get someone else to do the job that I can't do it.
Am close to her mum and I don't want to create this impression of not being a good potential son inlaw.

So am thinking of calling her mum today and explaining everything to her ....so she can understand things properly or should I just lock up.....(advice needed).

Honestly I want to pay her back for what she did cos she not even remorseful saying she even did me a favor collecting the 90k for the food.

you made mistake by telling her is because she collected 90k from you thats why you are charging 300. You should have given her a breakdown of the cost. Now she would see you as immature and it might cause a strain in your relationship. When you are dealing with women you have to play smart, dont use emotions with them.
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by jesmond3945: 2:40pm On May 21, 2023
Godoverevery:

you made mistake by telling her is because she collected 90k from you thats why you are charging 300. You should have given her a breakdown of the cost. Now she would see you as immature and it might cause a strain in your relationship. When you are dealing with women you have to play smart, dont use emotions with them.
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by jesmond3945: 2:41pm On May 21, 2023
correctyourself:

Since you're close to the mother discuss it with her, that her daughter told you about the job then tell her the market price of everything you need to do, I mean material and labour, them tell her you don't want to charge them based on market price, that they should buy the materials themselves and you will install it for free and see what would be their reaction, DON'T tell her what her daughter did (Blood is thicker than Water), this way you remove your shoulder from 100k and still earn their respect grin
best advise.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by Tenrack: 2:42pm On May 21, 2023
Nazgul:

Your post is spot on...but written from a neutral point of view. The actors in this story are in love, they're not just two random people doing business.

What's the purpose of claiming to love each other if one party sees everything as an opportunity to make profit.

She's living in his house and enjoying certain benefits from him, why not reciprocate. Or isn't love about reciprocation?

It's very wrong to see every request from someone whom you claim to love as a business opportunity most especially if you're directly benefiting from that person.

Anyways you were right about one thing... she's way smarter and wiser than him and most especially if I must add... doesn't love him.
spot on.
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by MechanicMike: 2:43pm On May 21, 2023
Godoverevery:

angry
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by MechanicMike: 2:46pm On May 21, 2023
Godoverevery:

Really??
U wann to sexxxx you girlfriend mother for 30k... corrrrrrrect?u so rude & disrespectfull bro, how dare u.cant u pay her 50k out of respect?(no oofencssece) angry
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by Styluss: 3:09pm On May 21, 2023
dmostcheerful:
40-50k
Tomatoes is how much?
How much is meat?
Abge get out.
50kg for 50 people is impossible, a man can not consume 1kg of rice alone. You would need maybe 15kg to feed 50 people. Your quote is outrageous.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by Styluss: 3:13pm On May 21, 2023
Now you are coming down to reality, its no longer about 50kg of rice at 40k, its now about not cooking only rice. Did you skip the part where OP said she is a live in GF and he does things for her? If you have to charge your man for a service rendered in the name of business, then you are not a good woman. OP should avoid a RED flag and if you are like this, I dont think a resonable man should end up with you
dmostcheerful:

Go on please, after that remember she didn't make only rice.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by id4sho(m): 3:55pm On May 21, 2023
Godoverevery:

Oboy use your head, switch to next babe. The girl no get head
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 21, 2023
Godoverevery:

Bro.....I think is just most women trait.

Check around......women family benefits more in marriages.

I understand what you are saying that why I want to nip it on the board now so her family no I won't tolerate such
To nip it in the bud be unavailable... Stop crawling to that woman before u go craze undecided
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 21, 2023
dmostcheerful:
40-50k
Tomatoes is how much?
How much is meat?
Abge get out.
Nonsense
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by nwetadinobi042(m): 4:14pm On May 21, 2023
I advice you to lockup and watch what happens afterwards. Last last know that the girl no be marriage kind of girl.

But what business or service is this that you offer? Help a brother.
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by ghettochild4u(m): 4:16pm On May 21, 2023
Wait ooo.
Is ur business a charity? Let's help u promote it...
Let them look for someone else. To be honest no friendship or family in business ooo..
But u r seeing the red flag in ur relationship n not doing anything about it..
Continue..
What is it u do...let's help promote ur charitable business.
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by Powerfly(f): 4:18pm On May 21, 2023
I hate to say it.. but she doesn't love you..it's so clear to see angry
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by Powerfly(f): 4:23pm On May 21, 2023
dmostcheerful:
40-50k
Tomatoes is how much?
How much is meat?
Abge get out.

A bag of rice of 100 cups or 300 cups..?
Even 100 cups sef...50 people fit no finish am....which kind belle 59 people get wey go finish a whole big bag of rice...? shocked
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by Levels1(m): 4:30pm On May 21, 2023
I assume this is a cooked up story if not I don't expect you asking if you should tell her Mom what transpired.

And if you do, certainly she will apologize on her behalf and then you render the service for them right?

Meaning your Mom is already inferior to your acclaimed in-laws.

I expect you to act like a man and stood your ground.

Good enough she already told her mom to sort elsewhere.

If there's any needs for her Mom to know exact reason why you can't help in such capacity, certainly she is in the best position to explain in details to her mom.

Note:

If you do otherswise, you have started digging your grave but if you stood your ground, you are already saving your future as she will always think twice before hurting you.

Be a man and be in charge of your so called relationship for once.
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by dhiqson(m): 4:49pm On May 21, 2023
Love is really a man's greatest undoing
The first comment already told you what your intuition is telling you
But you're tryna buy the Truth....

Sometimes y'all need to be burnt well to learn!
She's fuckin inconsiderate and puts herself first!
Na that one be for better for worse?
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by frozen70(f): 5:21pm On May 21, 2023
Godoverevery:

What the lady did was just a disappointment from her to you

I expected her to tell you to bring the 90k and a sheet of paper then ask you to follow her to the market.

While you hold the money, she will be picking the food stuff and items needed for the cooking and you will be putting their prizes on the paper.

After everything you guys will calculate what you spent on shopping and cooking.

Ofcouse money will remain from the 90k, then she can now ask you to give her anything you can from the balance of the money you guys have left with you

Or share it into two and give you half and take half

That is what we call trust and transparency

But she goofed because she was greedy for the money, forgetting the fact that this is a lady both of you have future plans

How was she able to look at your face after everything knowing that you were robbed and cheated by a close friend of which it affected your pocket

Well you have a lesson to learn there if you think deep

Then for her family, no need to report her, her conscience will keep beating her
Dont do the job, just leave them to try another person
Ooohhh

One day the truth will come out, 100k in addition to the job is not picked from the Bin
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by gideonvalor98(m): 5:27pm On May 21, 2023
Some things you said in your writeup makes you a kind of CHILDISH. I think the lady in question is REAL BUSINESS LADY...You don't mix business with pleasure. At least she reduced her ASKING PRICE. You should be proud of that kind of Girl...but if she has been displaying this attitude OTHER than the business aspect, then I will say it's not good enough..if not, I don't see ANY issue in what she did... just talk over the issue.

And you coming back as a for of REVENGE makes you less a MAN really...you should reason MATURELY THAN HER...if you can go lower than that PRICE YOU INSIST ON do it. You telling her you charge that amount because of what she did previous is DEVOID OF SENSE.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by Gentlesniper(m): 5:43pm On May 21, 2023
dmostcheerful:
40-50k
Tomatoes is how much?
How much is meat?
Abge get out.

I am only interested in the part you said a bag of rice can feed only 50 people. Are you sure you know the way to your kitchen? How can a lady ever make the mistake of thinking that a bag of rice can only feed 50 people? Meaning one person will eat up to 1kg rice....clap for yourself hanty
Re: Advice Needed.........should I Call Her Mum Or Lock Up. by Godoverevery: 5:44pm On May 21, 2023
gideonvalor98:
Some things you said in your writeup makes you a kind of CHILDISH. I think the lady in question is REAL BUSINESS LADY...You don't mix business with pleasure. At least she reduced her ASKING PRICE. You should be proud of that kind of Girl...but if she has been displaying this attitude OTHER than the business aspect, then I will say it's not good enough..if not, I don't see ANY issue in what she did... just talk over the issue.

And you coming back as a for of REVENGE makes you less a MAN really...you should reason MATURELY THAN HER...if you can go lower than that PRICE YOU INSIST ON do it. You telling her you charge that amount because of what she did previous is DEVOID OF SENSE.

So me charging 300k which is money for the equipment alone is still immature to you.....maybe I should charge them 100k and you help the add remaining 200k to make sense.

Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Women Pretend They Re not Interested In Romance? / What Could Have Happened To Her Bwest? / ''Chic Street Fight Pix'' Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.