Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:20 AM

Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos (22508 Views)

US Trains 85 Nigerian Women On Financial Independence / Chinese Govt To Loan Nigeria N80B For Abuja Light Rail / What Is The Zip Code For Lagos Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by jason123: 12:49pm On Sep 29, 2011
http://www.lagosrail.com/_downloads/Lagos%20Red%20Line%20Project%20Briefing.pdf
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by jason123: 12:52pm On Sep 29, 2011
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by jason123: 12:53pm On Sep 29, 2011
As they say, pictures speak a more than a 1000 words! cheesy wink
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by heynew: 12:53pm On Sep 29, 2011
this is a welcomed development. thank God they are not coming from china grin
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by jason123: 12:56pm On Sep 29, 2011
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by igbo2011(m): 12:58pm On Sep 29, 2011
When will Eko Rail be ready by? Also are they thinking about doing a subway system in Lagos?
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by jason123: 1:09pm On Sep 29, 2011
igbo2011:

When will Eko Rail be ready by? Also are they thinking about doing a subway system in Lagos?

I think it should be ready by the end of next year, that is, if there is a SERIOUS DELAY. After the modification in US, it should will be shipped to Lagos, pretty soon.

About the Subway system.
That will be pointless in my opinion. She (Lagos) already has BRT buses in operation, coupled with the LRTs coming in. That should be enough for Lagos. After this, what we need is CONSTANT power supply in Lagos (which has drastically improved over the recent weeks) and an intercity-rail system in Nigeria. At least, one from Lagos to PH or Calabar passing through Warri. Another from Abuja to Lagos,PH and probably Kaduna, Kano or Sokoto. . . and obviously, there is no way you would get to those cities mentioned without passing through and STOPPING in most, if not all of the geo-zones.
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by airlord: 1:17pm On Sep 29, 2011
Brilliant mmove but errrr y "tokunbohs"? surely Lagos state can afford new Light rails not to talk of the safety implications and life span, commendable but could have been beta,
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by kulutempa: 1:21pm On Sep 29, 2011
Seeing is believing.  Is this not better than the rubbish propaganda, and empty promises we have been getting  all these years  along the lines of "government will do this,  Government to do that, government to build refineries and new power stations".  Ladies and gentlemen you can now see that the only thing most of our leaders apart from Fashola, are good at is building castles in the air.  That is why next time they promise to do something they should be asked for the start and completion dates of the project, the project specifications, the exact location, the contractor, and the value of the contract. If they can't provide such, you know they are only blowing hot air.
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by kulutempa: 1:23pm On Sep 29, 2011
airlord:

Brilliant mmove but errrr y "tokunbohs"? surely Lagos state can afford new Light rails not to talk of the safety implications and life span, commendable but could have been beta,

Mister man, half a loaf is better than none. You have to learn to walk before you start to run.
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by gogodaye(m): 1:25pm On Sep 29, 2011
The last official comment on the Abuja rail was a laughable cryout by the 'Senating' Minister of FCT crying out that the project has not been funded as a result of it not being captured in the budgetary apprpriations for like 2 years now and that he was going to see and plead with his brother minister in charge of Finance and some other bureaucrats to make provisions for the project.
The Chinese contracting firm have equally expressed their disquiet at the attitude of the Nigerian government towards the successful execution of the project. The government was yet to acquire and pay compensation to persons whose properties lay within the right of way so as to enable them enter into such poperties. Work on the project for now is STALLED. I have my doubts if its still a priority since no one apportions monetary costs to the wasted manhours in traffic gridlocks and its health and social implications.  I just either BRF or Amaechi get theirs going so that this lazy Abuja people would be forced to wake up to their responsibilities.
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by Whitehorse: 1:27pm On Sep 29, 2011
I'm very comfortable with the refurbished trains. Have any of you guys been on the London Underground? The trains i c the pictures looker cleaner and better than the current London underground. smiley

I think Fashola should start making contacts across the east and middle belt and North for 2015. It will be very sad if the guy just goes into oblivion after 2015.

P:S Before the ethnic bashing start, please save it, I'm not pro east, west, north or south, i'm pro development!
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by Whitehorse: 1:29pm On Sep 29, 2011
Also,

As far as i'm concerned, the only governors that i know are doing well (at least by nigerian standard) is Fashola - Lagos, Amaechi- Rivers, and Sullivan-Enugu, my home state (yes, i know about the libido issue)
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by jason123: 1:34pm On Sep 29, 2011
airlord:

Its quite expensive to purchase new LTRs without the FG's input. The point of the project is to have an[b] EFFICIENT and EFFECTIVE[/b] transportation system.

gogodaye:

The last official comment on the Abuja rail was a laughable cryout by the 'Senating' Minister of FCT crying out that the project has not been funded as a result of it not being captured in the budgetary apprpriations for like 2 years now and that he was going to see and plead with his brother minister in charge of Finance and some other bureaucrats to make provisions for the project.
The Chinese contracting firm have equally expressed their disquiet at the attitude of the Nigerian government towards the successful execution of the project. The government was yet to acquire and pay compensation to persons whose properties lay within the right of way so as to enable them enter into such poperties. Work on the project for now is STALLED. I have my doubts if its still a priority since no one apportions monetary costs to the wasted manhours in traffic gridlocks and its health and social implications.  I just either BRF or Amaechi get theirs going so that this lazy Abuja people would be forced to wake up to their responsibilities.
Whitehorse:

Also,

As far as i'm concerned, the only governors that i know are doing well (at least by nigerian standard) is Fashola - Lagos, Amaechi- Rivers, and Sullivan-Enugu, [/b]my home state (yes, i know about the libido issue)

Those are the ONLY sensible Governors I have seen in Nigeria . . .so far . . .

Whitehorse:

I'm very comfortable with the refurbished trains. Have any of you guys been on the London Underground? The trains i c the pictures looker cleaner and better than the current London underground. smiley

[b]I think Fashola should start making contacts across the east and middle belt and North for 2015. It will be very sad if the guy just goes into oblivion after 2015.

P:S Before the ethnic bashing start, please save it, I'm not pro east, west, north or south, i'm pro development!

I support your statement. +1000
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by Arosa(m): 1:36pm On Sep 29, 2011
So better thing fit happen for Naija.  shocked Fashola you too much o.
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by Gbenge77(m): 1:43pm On Sep 29, 2011
jason123:

Nigerians will be fooli.sh not to vote this man as our next President or VP.
already campaigning for him?
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by SouthEast1: 1:49pm On Sep 29, 2011
100s of Second hand light rail trains for Lagos. I dey laff ohhh
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by kulutempa: 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2011
Gbenge 77:

Why not?  Is he not better than the corrupt, incompetent and useless thieves we have as leaders?
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by kulutempa: 1:52pm On Sep 29, 2011
South-East:

Show us what you've got where you come from or shut up.
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by jason123: 1:53pm On Sep 29, 2011
South-East:

Which one has been done in Abuja, OUR FCT (since 2008 cry)?? Which one has been done in West Africa?! C'mon, give credit when its due. It is the smallest state in Nigeria, we are talking about.
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by jason123: 1:53pm On Sep 29, 2011
Gbenge 77:

Does he not deserve it?
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by ektbear: 1:56pm On Sep 29, 2011
Fashola again.

Now I wonder how even @djustice will spin this negatively?

We have to give credit where credit is due.
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 1:56pm On Sep 29, 2011
This is a welcome development. Lagos is in dire need of a good transportation system. Adding this to the existing BRT will ease the excruciating plight of lagosians.

For those that are saying it's second hand. Half bread they say is better than nothing. At least it's way better than what we have presently.

About Fashola becoming Nigeria's next president. I'm indifferent about that. There are way better leaders than him in Nigeria eg Aunty Ngozi, Pat Utomi, Oby Ezekwesilli, Soludo, Sanusi etc. It's just that he had the opportunity to show his talent.
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by SouthEast1: 1:59pm On Sep 29, 2011
jason123:

Which one has been done in Abuja, OUR FCT (since 2008 cry)?? Which one has been done in West Africa?! C'mon, give credit when its due. It is the smallest state in Nigeria, we are talking about.
But they are second hand, yes, no? Rejectees from obodo Oyibo wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by ektbear: 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2011
To be blunt, when your country is as poor as Nigeria is, second-hand trains make a lot of sense.

New trains => more fees charged per ride => less traffic => likely less profit made

And nobody is investing in a PPP to make "less profit." Want to make as much cash as possible.
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by kulutempa: 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2011
afam4eva:

This is a welcome development. Lagos is in dire need of a good transportation system. Adding this to the existing BRT will ease the excruciating plight of lagosians.

For those that are saying it's second hand. Half bread they day is better than nothing. At least it's way better than what we have presently.

About Fashola becoming Nigeria's next president. I'm indifferent about that. There are way better leaders than him in Nigeria eg Aunty Ngozi, Pat Utomi, Oby Ezekwesilli, Soludo, Sanusi etc. It's just that he had the opportunity to show his talent.

Really? You mean  like campaigning and winning two elections.  If it were that easy why did Soludo not win the gubernatorial elections and become governor of Anambra state?
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 2:07pm On Sep 29, 2011
kulutempa:

Really? You mean  like campaigning and winning two elections.  If it were that easy why did Soludo not win the gubernatorial elections and become governor of Anambra state?  

When i said "he had the opportunity", what i meant is that he was elected. Mind you when fashola was contesting to be governor, he had no antecedent of note. He came in through the back door courtesy of oga Tinubu. Lagosians were just lucky that Tinubu picked the right person for the job.
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by abbeyfx2(m): 2:07pm On Sep 29, 2011
Silly you, shey na fashola be the governor of abuja or port ni?
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by Whitehorse: 2:08pm On Sep 29, 2011
afam4ever,

U dey fall my hand o. Chei, all those people you mentioned how has their times in and out of government impacted Nigerians the way Fashola is (positively) impacting the people of Lagos?

Na wa o for your logic my guy.

You guys should be busy saying rubbish about this rail project, the smart ones are already buying up properties in the areas that will be opened up once the blue and red line goes live.

Smell the coffee people!

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by Yorubaman2: 2:08pm On Sep 29, 2011
[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC-C9ENW8pM&[/flash]

gej are you watching instead of making dumb promises - he wants to build airport in every state ( how dumb can one get)
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2011
Is this train system only for mainland Lagos? What about island folks see discrimination, they should make a train track over the lagoon.
Re: Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos by Yorubaman2: 2:15pm On Sep 29, 2011
engineerd:

Is this train system only for mainland Lagos? What about island folks see discrimination, they should make a train track over the lagoon.

ode

how long does it take to get from island to the VI, ikoyi or to the centre of lagos Tinubu square -

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote’s Wealth Surges By $1.3 Billion In Three Weeks, Nears Senegal’s GDP / How Buhari's Victory Will Affect The Oil And Gas, Economy Sectors - The Guardian / Diamond Bank Cheques Will Become Invalid From March 1st 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.