Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,157 members, 7,890,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:02 AM

Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father (35891 Views)

Court Marriage Without Paying Bride Price / I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? / Italian Lady Finds Her Biological Mum In Nigeria After 34 Years (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Blackman101: 2:53pm On Jun 01, 2023
blood na blood, be very careful when dealing with Woman as it relate to marriage.

My take and questions to ask

1. Go and find out the tradition of the real father of the wife to be and do same for your mother-in-law to be,
2.You wife to be step father cannot collect the bride price on your wife head.
3. if your wife dies after marriage, where will you take the body too and what are the rite required of you.
4. speak with the elders from your area too

3 Likes

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by thinkmoney(m): 2:53pm On Jun 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop lying! He didn't test anyone. He simply accepted the one who gave him and his animals drink! Make una no dey add una own delusions between the lines of what is written. undecided
U no wise oh. I was being civil with u but he be like say u like wahala. I will post the Bible verse here now for u to read if he performed a TEST or not. Focus on the servant prayer in verse 14. OLODO
Genesis 24:13-15
King James Version
13 Behold, I stand here by the well of water; and the daughters of the men of the city come out to draw water:

14 And let it come to pass, that the damsel to whom I shall say, Let down thy pitcher, I pray thee, that I may drink; and she shall say, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also: let the same be she that thou hast appointed for thy servant Isaac; and thereby shall I know that thou hast shewed kindness unto my master.

15 And it came to pass, before he had done speaking, that, behold, Rebekah came out, who was born to Bethuel, son of Milcah, the wife of Nahor, Abraham's brother, with her pitcher upon her shoulder.
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by davidadenrele: 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2023
Brotherly,

Please don't not do introduction until you meet the biological father, i repeat do not do introduction until you meet the biological father!! talking to you from a real life experience, any lady that frowns at you meeting her biological father despite the difference or issue with her mother is not worth marrying and has a hidden agenda you might regret later endeavour to meet the father and when you do please move closer to the father from there you will be able discover one or two things about your wife and the mum, a word is enough for the wise.

Don't be an instrument of manipulation by wife to be, and the mother, there's more to what's happening ensure you meet her father and please ask question, do your findings properly don't believe what she tells you until you meet the father.

I wont say more than may the peace of God be with you!

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Major2022: 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2023
Your would-be mother in-law is acting from the position of pain and hatred. If I were your fiancee's Step-father, I would have directed you to her biological father. Your fiancee might not have the luxury to know precisely what transpired between her biological father and mother. I'm safe to say, your mother in-law is trying to drag you into something you knew nothing about. My advice: locate her biological father to avoid circumstance of no second chance.

1 Like

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Jun 01, 2023
thinkmoney:
■ U no wise oh. I was being civil with u but he be like say u like wahala. I will post the Bible verse here now for u to read if he performed a TEST or not. Focus on the servant prayer in verse 14. OLODO
Genesis 24:13-15
King James Version
13 Behold, I stand here by the well of water; and the daughters of the men of the city come out to draw water:

14 And let it come to pass, that the damsel to whom I shall say, Let down thy pitcher, I pray thee, that I may drink; and she shall say, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also: let the same be she that thou hast appointed for thy servant Isaac; and thereby shall I know that thou hast shewed kindness unto my master.

15 And it came to pass, before he had done speaking, that, behold, Rebekah came out, who was born to Bethuel, son of Milcah, the wife of Nahor, Abraham's brother, with her pitcher upon her shoulder.
See this olodo! Servant's prayer now become investigation? undecided

The passage says absolutely none of what you claim though as it clearly states that the servant made up his mind when the girl brought water out for him to drink. undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by IamMobisola(f): 2:57pm On Jun 01, 2023
MetaBroadband:
Thank you all for your excellent contributions. Please note the following:

1. They said the man abandoned them, but what if it's not actually what happened, so let's not be emotional.

2. I'm not paying the bride price to the biological father, but there should be an understanding between both fathers at this point. because if the child was taken away from the man or if he had acted as a child then, both parents can come to an understanding so that my wife won't hurt any part of the tradition in the course of our marriage.

3. I know that my mother inlaw would be angry, but I still feel it's my right to know. What if something bad happens to my wife because she married in a way that violates her tradition (give Caeser things to Caesar)

4. I'm doing this for my fiancee not me, because as far as I've paid my bride price nothing can come to me, but if anything comes to my wife, it automatically affects me. So it's not just her and her mum's business.

Thank you as you put this thoughts into consideration as well.

Please excuse typos

The best thing to do is to call-off the wedding and move on with your life since you do not respect your fiancé’s wishes to leave the biological father out of the equation. They have told you to leave the man alone but you still want to go ahead and look for the man to hear his sides? And you think the man will tell you the truth if he actually abandoned the girl?

This write up actually shows the kind of person you are and I wish that fiancé of yours would call off the wedding if you insist on not minding your business which is to the girl’s family you have always known since you started dating.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Femi8586(m): 2:58pm On Jun 01, 2023
Jovialjune1:
All of you will rest las las, keep typing from your imagination just to castigate women, even if we choose to believe your fiction, who do you think you are to want to meddle into what is not your concern?

Do you think the lady and her mother haven't thought of the traditional effect before deciding to go ahead with the wedding? The step dad that took care of her since childhood, is he a dunce to not know her dad abandoned them thereby marrying and taking care of them? The dead beat that remained a deadbeat all these years, why didn't he look for his daughter if he really wanted to be a part of her life? Did her mother's marriage to another man stop him from looking for her? The lady abi na fiancee that told you he abandoned them, do you think she wouldn't have made an effort to hear from him as a grown adult and still see that he's still the same?

It's not by force to marry her, she sees her step dad as her father, being a sperm donor doesn't automatically make one a father, if the step dad is not enough for you, move on to other ladies.

Op should still see the biological father.. not because he owes him anything but just to know and hear from him directly first..
As usual, 99% of females on this post including some SIMPle men will tell Op to listen to his wife and mother in-law instructions just as you did.

If his fiance wants to breakup with him because of that, then that shows she and the mother-in-law are extremely toxic. Then, OP dodged a bullet

2 Likes

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by turischool(m): 3:00pm On Jun 01, 2023
Micheal56:
If am the gal I can hate u for this ur I too know attitude
Bro if u have anything to give Abeg give to the foster father good people need to be appreciated
The father never beleive any event like this will happen in the future
Indirectly she no beleive say the gal go be somebody

What about if he finds out that it's the mother than abandon the man just to marry her current husband

1 Like

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by izibili44: 3:00pm On Jun 01, 2023
Guy try and see the real you will hear alot from him. Just hear the other side first o
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Kolabalogun(m): 3:01pm On Jun 01, 2023
Please do well to visit him no matter what.
Not the issue of trusting the story or not but biological father!
Thank God his not dead, it would have been another thing as the whole thing will be unclear.

1 Like

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by IamMobisola(f): 3:01pm On Jun 01, 2023
davidadenrele:
Brotherly,

Please don't not do introduction until you meet the biological father, i repeat do not do introduction until you meet the biological father!! talking to you from a real life experience, any lady that frowns at you meeting her biological father despite the difference or issue with her mother is not worth marrying and has a hidden agenda you might regret later endeavour to meet the father and when you do please move closer to the father from there you will be able discover one or two things about your wife and the mum, a word is enough for the wise.

Don't be an instrument of manipulation by wife to be, and the mother, there's more to what's happening ensure you meet her father and please ask question, do your findings properly don't believe what she tells you until you meet the father.

I wont say more than may the peace of God be with you!

All the best.

This does not make sense. What about daughters that were actually abandoned by their biological fathers? What about daughters that were sexually assaulted by their biological fathers? What about cases of domestic violence on both mother and child? You think any reasonable daughter would still want to be involved with such father?
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Emaprince: 3:01pm On Jun 01, 2023
MetaBroadband:
I appreciate all you comments so far, but I see many of you ignoring traditions and the points I raised because of emotions.

Have you not seen where person was mandated to pay bride price twice either because of one or two mistakes?

That's the girl's story, what if they all lied to her and she grew up with it? What happens if the tradition doesn't permit another man to collect bride price of a girl whose father is still alive?

Please drop emotions and be more critical in this matter I beg you guys. I've heard of a scenerio where they have to change the venue of a traditional marriage simple because it wasn't supposed to be held at the place it was holding then.

Are we simply trashing the traditions when indeed the bride price follows the tradition?

Abeg make we think or ask person wey dey advance for his own opinion before we comment.

What if tomorrow now, they said because of A wasn't supposed to be A, I have to come and pay goat and Elon musk before this and that?
All those women posting on the front page and second page are all feminists.

Taking advice from those people will lead you into a ditch you will never come out from.

Do not take any single advice from them.

Na bitter women full there.

Listen to your fellow men . . And do the right thing

1 Like

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by kwasoly(m): 3:01pm On Jun 01, 2023
MetaBroadband:
Good morning mature men and women in the house. Please I need your help on this topic.

My Fiancee told me about how her biological dad abandoned her and her mum after getting her mum pregnant.

Her mum later married another man who adopted her as his child.

Now she's grown and I've proposed to her, I wanted to go for her official introduction and list collection.

Would it not be nice to hear the biological father's opinion? Should I just ignore the fact that the man is still alive and proceed with the marriage arrangement?

Although she said I should not bother about that, but this is Nigeria and as an Akwa Ibomite I don't think it's proper. Although she's against me trying to find out about the man's opinion. Should I care?

What can you say about this?

Note: she only told me that the man abandoned them, but what if it was her mum that actually took her away?

What kind of woman is her mother?
I wan check something first before I advice you as an elder.
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Kobojunkie: 3:02pm On Jun 01, 2023
turischool:
■ What about if he finds out that it's the mother than abandon the man just to marry her current husband
Will he also set himself up as judge and decider of whether the woman's reasons for abandoning him were just or not? undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by SenatePresdo(m): 3:03pm On Jun 01, 2023
MetaBroadband:
Good morning mature men and women in the house. Please I need your help on this topic.

My Fiancee told me about how her biological dad abandoned her and her mum after getting her mum pregnant.

Now she's grown and I've proposed to her, I wanted to go for her official introduction and list collection.

Would it not be nice to hear the biological father's opinion? Should I just ignore the fact that the man is still alive and proceed with the marriage arrangement?

Although she said I should not bother about that, but this is Nigeria and as an Akwa Ibomite I don't think it's proper. Although she's against me trying to find out about the man's opinion. Should I care?

Note: she only told me that the man abandoned them, but what if it was her mum that actually took her away?

Go and meet the Biological father and hear his own side of the story, then compare and contrast.

Make you no go allure curse for your future family.

Imagine a father is still alive, and another man will collect bride price of her daughter?

Go and hear from him first, if he paid for your finances mother's Bride price, and the mother's family has not returned the bride price, that girls is still traditionally his daughter.

Better go and hear from him first, this if Africa not obodo oyinbo.
We have culture and traditions.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Emaprince: 3:03pm On Jun 01, 2023
IamMobisola:

This does not make sense. What about daughters that were actually abandoned by their biological fathers? What about daughters that were sexually assaulted by their biological fathers? What about cases of domestic violence on both mother and child? You think any reasonable daughter would still want to be involved with such father?
Then if that is the case. She should allow the man to find out himself.

Any girl raised by a single mum is usually a red flag as majority of them end up being extremely promiscuous or man haters.

Every man should be worried if their wife to be is not in good term with her dad..and advising him to not meet her real dad.

Such man stands the risk of going through the same situation with their kids.
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by IamMobisola(f): 3:03pm On Jun 01, 2023
turischool:

What about if he finds out that it's the mother than abandon the man just to marry her current husband

Funny enough OP would never be able to know the truth because he can’t say for sure who will be saying the truth especially since he never knew the father. The mother and daughter said he abandoned them, if the father also says the mother took the child away from him and it’s a lie, what would he do? Believe him? And still go ahead to invite him for the introduction against the wishes of his fiancé?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by mrmislim: 3:04pm On Jun 01, 2023
oweniwe:

Even if it were the case my cousin mother abandoned her, for the sake of the wedding, everybody is obliged to behave themselves before their inlaws that are also present at the wedding venue.

If the bride is insisting on having her way that the deadbeat father or his family side must not attend the wedding, it will look selfish of the bride , it will make her look like she will be controlling and stiff- minded after her marriage.

Words Will start going round among the guests, unnecessary gossiping during the wedding... It can even lead to quarrel on the wedding day between the groom family and the bride. All those stories of in-laws fighting over food on wedding day, it's not about food. There has been underlying grudges before. It's tensions like this that cause it.

The foundation of the marriage would already be affected by such negative perceptions right from the wedding day. It's not healthy for the marriage. Any disagreement the couple have later, people will now start referring back to the wedding day that it's because you did not do this or you did not do that, that is why this is happening now.

Don't give room or chance for that kind of future allegations. It's better to fulfill all righteousness, find a way to balance everything and be neutral.

After the wedding day, anyhow the bride want to do with her deadbeat father, that's her problem

In an emergency situation, like say, during childbirth complications or accidy, the bride need blood transfusion and only the father can donate blood for her , that is when the husband will now go and look for the father?

It doesn't work like that. It's better to be neutral and carry everyone along... Just formal recognitions here and there, that's all. After the wedding, anyhow the bride want to do, that's her wahala

Bla bla bla, I didn’t finish reading.
So someone that was abandoned for over 20years should not be selfish? She should be selfless and accept a deadbeat after over 20years. Lol, and in case of childbirth complications it is a deadbeat of over 20years that they’ll be looking for to donate blood? Only the father might be able to donate blood to her? This is honestly laughable as you don’t what what real life is about, you don too watch African magic.

And who cares what anyone says? It’s your type that will say trash about people while eating their food.

Guy, nothing you fit tell me ehn, you’re a deadbeat and you better go look for your children and be actively involved in their lives, if not you’ll be the father in-law in this case.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by REALretep(m): 3:04pm On Jun 01, 2023
MetaBroadband:

You are the man here oo. You should know what you want as a man.
Women will always be women. Standing your feet and going for what you want is what makes you a man.
If you deeply feel you need to see her biological father, make up your mind, stand your feet on it and communicate that clearly to your fiancée. If her mum and stepfather, or any other person also feel otherwise, then respectfully and clearly communicate same to them.
As long as you are mature enough to handle certain knowledge/information, then the more you know, the stronger you become and the more respect you garner. Besides, the more informed you are, the better your understanding of matters and the better decisions you make.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Micheal56: 3:05pm On Jun 01, 2023
turischool:

How u won take found out
Bro get this
You no fit justify this case
I understand ur point
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Didi2d(m): 3:05pm On Jun 01, 2023
xavuv:

If i were you,i would discard the lady and mother together. What bitterness!

They should let you go and see the biological father, just to show face and rub minds. Even the step father should come in and make them see reasons for you to go and see the real father.

Such a fiancee is full of bile, understandably implanted in her by her mother. That bile will still be there for you to wrestle with when your time comes.

She will show you shege.

God Almighty will continue to bless you with wisdom and wealth for the wisdom and sense you just shared now

1 Like

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Femi8586(m): 3:06pm On Jun 01, 2023
Micheal56:
If u see the biological father bro u actually disrespect the man that raised her up
Bro think of it
What about if the foster father would have abandon the gal same as biological father do u think you will have a beautiful wife to marry today
Think of it

You're being so emotional
This kind of issue needs 80% logic, 20% emotions

Read the posts of Op very well, you'll sense Op's fiance is not telling him the whole truth. She's still hiding many things from him which only meeting the biological father can reveal the untold truth.
But you want Op to ignore the truth because you're emotional. Something that can hurt him later in future.

OP should see the biological father not because he owes him anything but just to know him and hear from him first..
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by IamMobisola(f): 3:06pm On Jun 01, 2023
Emaprince:
Then if that is the case. She should allow the man to find out himself.

Any girl raised by a single mum is usually a red flag as majority of them end up being extremely promiscuous or man haters.

Every man should be worried if their wife to be is not in good term with her dad..and advising him to not meet her real dad.

Such man stands the risk of going through the same situation with their kids.

Lol, can we also say orphans are red flags too since they didn’t grow up with their parents? Or guys who grow up with single mothers are also red flags?
How would the guy know who is telling the truth between the father and mother? Since when did he become a mind reader?

1 Like

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Ade1177: 3:06pm On Jun 01, 2023
Micheal56:

1m still even big to celebrate some gals
How can I use 1m if a wedding of 6month before divorce

Don't spend 1naira

For any girl

You are not sure you can hold for 30yrs atleast
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Voiceofthestree: 3:07pm On Jun 01, 2023
MetaBroadband:

Run or meet the biological father the woman is the problem don’t marry the girl the woman is a bad woman
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by bukatyne(f): 3:07pm On Jun 01, 2023
Joseph77200:

For goodness sake how do people take side without hearing from both sides? You never even find out if this was all true or not and you've started castigated the real father and what of if the real mother sold fake narrations to the daughter and denied the father access because of her own selfish reasons? See don't take side until you know what really happened from both side because life is more deep that hearing from one side and the mother might be lying.

If you don't believe the lady and her mother, then end the relationship.

Is it so hard?

1 Like

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by IamMobisola(f): 3:08pm On Jun 01, 2023
Femi8586:

You're being so emotional
This kind of issue needs 80% logic, 20% emotions

Read the posts of Op very well, you'll sense Op's fiance is not telling him the whole truth. She's still hiding many things from him which only meeting the biological father can reveal the untold truth.
But you want Op to ignore the truth because you're emotional. Something that can hurt him later in future.

OP should see the biological father not because he owes him anything but just to know him and hear from him first..

From your write up you are saying the lady and her mother are lying, what’s to say the man wouldn’t also lie too? How would he know who is telling the truth ? Because the way you men castigate women is really irritating

2 Likes

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Ufuka: 3:09pm On Jun 01, 2023
Iam so shocked by many people's comment here, I hardly comment but I have to do so cos this's a matter between life and death. In Akwa Ibom State, there's no amendment to custom and tradition, don't allow your fiancee or your future mother inlaw to lead you astray, for the sake of your fiancee's life. Listen very well, go and get the marriage list from your fiancee's biological father, the bride price and every other thing should be paid to him and his kinsmen. The marriage should be done in his hometown and he's the one to sit as a father that very day. Any amount of money you can afford, give it to the man that took care of your fiancee. If your fiancee and the mother refuse to accept it, please and please cancel the marriage. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by liamjakes247: 3:10pm On Jun 01, 2023
My brother, eight years and counting I've been engaged to a lady who had this same kind of issues. this set of people are manipulative and work together to hit hard on men when you make them bitter. I've lost alot mentality, jobs, friends, business, it crept into isolating me from my immediate family but God took control. It's always a different thing in a man's world if he doesn't get it right in marriage. Well, people can be different tho' but I'll suggest you watch her closely. You should take your time before getting into a life long commitment. If she the type trying to enforce her will on you or saying stuffs about putting men down, laughing at men who find things difficult, or stories about men who never leaved right or been peppered by women. Bro, Stay out. Test her loyalty. Ask guys about her for street too. If you can, see her biological father, its hard for a biological father of a child to lie about their child. Please hear from her father o, pls do

1 Like

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by IamMobisola(f): 3:10pm On Jun 01, 2023
Ufuka:
Iam so shocked by many people's comment here, I hardly comment but I have to do so cos this's a matter between life and death. In Akwa Ibom State, there's no amendment to custom and tradition, don't allow your fiancee or your future mother inlaw to lead you astray, for the sake of your fiancee's life. Listen very well, go and get the marriage list from your fiancee's biological father, the bride price and every other thing should be paid to him and his kinsmen. The marriage should be done in his hometown and he's the one to sit as a father that very day. Any amount of money you can afford, give it to the man that took care of your fiancee. If your fiancee and the mother refuse to accept it, please and please cancel the marriage. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.

The best thing the OP can do is to call off the wedding.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by 43Ronin: 3:10pm On Jun 01, 2023
OP in my culture you must ask questions before you marry. You must see that man, you must find out the truth. Blood(her parents character) is thicker than water(step father). It could be that her father abandoned them, it could also be vice versa. but either ways you must know. You don't have to go, some of your kinsmen can do that for you if you are afraid of doing it yourself. Remember why you are seeing the man, is not to pass on glory but to understand the character of her biological parents.
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by IamMobisola(f): 3:11pm On Jun 01, 2023
bukatyne:

If you don't believe the lady and her mother, then end the relationship.

Is it so hard?
Like I don’t understand them. He should go and look for another woman who lives with both biological parents

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. / Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) / Alabaconnect: Cheap Uk Used Fridge/freezer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.