Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,221 members, 7,887,596 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:05 AM

Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG (15592 Views)

"Report To Work Unfailingly": TUC Tells Members, Opts Out Of Nationwide Protest / Economic Hardship: Begin Importation Of Food - TUC Tells FG / Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by Jagabanarmy: 1:19pm On Jun 03, 2023
Lutherblaq:
cheesy

Something that beat my imagination is how someone will suddenly anounce the removal of subsidy on his inauguration day without a single plan grin
Did he thinks nigeria is iragbiji
Don't mind NNPC , Jagaban said oil subsidy will go but not from that inauguration day. People misunderstood his speech and I think the price should be reversed immediately by NNPC . Definitely, oil subsidy will go away pretty soon but not now

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by Dengoh(m): 1:22pm On Jun 03, 2023
Petrol subsidy is gone for good.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by Olurock(m): 1:24pm On Jun 03, 2023
The removal of subsidy has come to stay,this is in the best interest of the Nation. If we can survive the hardship that go with CBN Naira redesign,this one will not kill us.
The so called TUC and NLC failed to carried out any nationwide strike for the timeframe the currency redesign suffering of the people lasted,what evils can be worst than the one Nigeria experienced during this period, people were denied access to their own money, people spend hours and hours in the bank for money that is not available.people died of hunger,many businesses collapse especially those that trade In Perishable goods,yet no strike was called just because Labour party presidential candidate supported the inhuman policy of Naira redesign. Nothing should stop or stand in the way of this subsidy removal,what is important now is the what the present government is doing to cushion the effects of this subsidy removal.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by Omenlon: 1:28pm On Jun 03, 2023
My problem with TUC and their president, Festus Osifo is their hypocrisy. Festus Osifo was pengassan boss for years before moving over as president of the TUC. As a concerned and patriotic Nigerian he claiming to be, he watched Nigeria govt over the pumping monies into our refineries for turn around maintenance yet never turned around and he never called for protest against NNPC, his constituency.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by Basicend: 1:33pm On Jun 03, 2023
All these guys just giving Tinubu Back to Back!. .

Hmm, I pray Tinubu has the health to contain Nigeria's huge complexity.and problems.

We tried to advice him thou.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by Goldymafia: 1:33pm On Jun 03, 2023
APCNig:
They will cry, it’s like they are all MAD. Tinubu will proscribe TUC and NLC and banish the two rogue associations for ever. Go and find out what he did in Lagos to Lagos NLC. You will be disbanded forever

It’s like you think this is Goatluck Jonathan whom you can intimate into submission, you are wrong. This is Emilokan Tinubu, the Civilian General that did what the military generals could not do. What General Olusegun Obasanjo, General Muhammadu Buhari, Alh. Umar Yar’Adua and Christian Brother Goatluck Jonathan could not do for 24 years, Emilokan Bola Ahmed Tinubu the Jagaban Borgu City Boy Extraordinaire did it in the first 30 minutes of his government.

The generational fraudulent fuel subsidy is gone forever. Expect more hard decisions in order to rebuild the faulty foundation of this country
the same tinibu that has criminals like gandolar and all thieves in his cabinet, imagine how dey will share the subsidy money... immediately I saw the people in his cabinet I just weak and know say nah gathering of criminals

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by FireUpNow(m): 1:34pm On Jun 03, 2023
No th chicken have come to roast. Jagaban made a very terrible mistake by announcing the subsidy removal without consultation with relevant bodies. Now he will fave lot of obstacles. He thought Nigeria is Lagos. This is a bigger water.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by patrickcollins: 1:37pm On Jun 03, 2023
siraj1402:
Reactions are expected and normal. Those thieves will not let it go easily but we are wise now. Why was the neighboring countries feeling the pains over subside removal? No going back.
If it is joke stop that, don't u know the suffering the citizens are going through.Since APC government prioritize subsidy removal which the now president fought to a stand still with his supporters in 2012 when Jonathan did same, they could at least fix our refineries over the Railways going to Niger Republic and some parts of the countries which has no much economy gain to the whole nation
Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by goodness4ever(m): 1:37pm On Jun 03, 2023
Government must be considerate to the masses. Tinubu has started on the wrong footing.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by Tareq1105: 1:43pm On Jun 03, 2023
Lutherblaq:
cheesy

Something that beat my imagination is how someone will suddenly anounce the removal of subsidy on his inauguration day without a single plan grin

Obi you voted for promised to do same.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by Tareq1105: 1:45pm On Jun 03, 2023
Bobloco:

He thinks Nigeria is GAC APC lagos State chapter, where his words are law. He determines who becomes the governor, senator, rep member and State house of assembly member

It must be paining you.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by Addme: 1:46pm On Jun 03, 2023
At least till the end of this month.

The subsidy is still covered till month end now
Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by DeOTR: 1:47pm On Jun 03, 2023
Lutherblaq:
cheesy

If you're not happy with the removal, go start oil business and start selling fuel N165/litre.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by BeardGangJnr1(m): 1:50pm On Jun 03, 2023
APCNig:
They will cry, it’s like they are all MAD. Tinubu will proscribe TUC and NLC and banish the two rogue associations for ever. Go and find out what he did in Lagos to Lagos NLC. You will be disbanded forever

It’s like you think this is Goatluck Jonathan whom you can intimate into submission, you are wrong. This is Emilokan Tinubu, the Civilian General that did what the military generals could not do. What General Olusegun Obasanjo, General Muhammadu Buhari, Alh. Umar Yar’Adua and Christian Brother Goatluck Jonathan could not do for 24 years, Emilokan Bola Ahmed Tinubu the Jagaban Borgu City Boy Extraordinaire did it in the first 30 minutes of his government.

The generational fraudulent fuel subsidy is gone forever. Expect more hard decisions in order to rebuild the faulty foundation of this country
Mumu......NLC AND TUC can cripple this country...wake up😏😏
Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by Tareq1105: 1:53pm On Jun 03, 2023
Dengoh:
Petrol subsidy is gone for good.

Leave them Joe Ajaero and Usifo NLC and TUC are voluntary union. Membership is not compulsory. In fact, I'll withdraw my membership of NLC on Monday. We all know that Joe Ajaero is working for Peter Obi LP and it's not a hidden thing. He wouldn't have called for strike if it was Obi. We know but I tell you NLC under Ajaero will be factionalized. Mark my words. Subsidy is gone and there's nothing NLC can do about it.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by surgical: 1:54pm On Jun 03, 2023
Bobloco:

He thinks Nigeria is GAC APC lagos State chapter, where his words are law. He determines who becomes the governor, senator, rep member and State house of assembly member
but when he decided that he will be the president of Nigeria, nobody could stop him,you guys should stop underating this man
Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by GEJDHERO: 1:59pm On Jun 03, 2023
clearcrystal:
Oshifo
You are bitting more than you can chew
We go give you wototo
Even Nigerians have adjusted and move on
It's clear that TUC and NLC are controlled by LP.
We won't take this nonsense.
Na only you and your family.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by Lutherblaq: 2:03pm On Jun 03, 2023
DeOTR:

If you're not happy with the removal, go start oil business and start selling fuel N165/litre.

Are you from iragbiji.?
Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by Bluntemperor: 2:03pm On Jun 03, 2023
siraj1402:
Reactions are expected and normal. Those thieves will not let it go easily but we are wise now. Why was the neighboring countries feeling the pains over subside removal? No going back.

The TUC and NLC are part of the Nigerian Troubles!
-Mr Ajaero of NLC is a Labour Party agent and Nigerians should go and read his outbursts after the Elections,so the present crops of NLC can't be trusted nor a good arbiters for the Nigerian Workers.
- For over 8-yrs now, NLC could not fight for the Workers Welfare but we're busy having Infighting,so shameful that,under President Buhar,we didn't hear them but after a week Under Tinubu,they are now coming out?
So which of the Million Workers Salary or Allowances are they talking about? While former Govt was increasing the Public Sectors Salaries,yet none of these Labour Leaders could call the govt then and state their positions because they are insincere and lack focus- none of them were Pro- active!
- What happens to the thousands of Workers- without Pensions or Whose Pensions are in the Courts- without fighting for them ,just for a day.
- the TUC and NLC are looking for - relevance ,not for Nigerians Workers.
•President Tinubu should urgently meet them and Negotiate on Workers Salary Increases but NO to any Oil thieves Subsidies that only 3% Masses are benefiting.
Let Benin-Republic, Cameroon, Niger and Chad Republic continue to riot because of the benefits they have been enjoying on Nigerian Oil,while Nigeria has been a Father Christmas!

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by Lutherblaq: 2:04pm On Jun 03, 2023
Tareq1105:

Obi you voted for promised to do same.
cheesy Did i tell you i voted for obi..?
Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by Lutherblaq: 2:08pm On Jun 03, 2023
Jagabanarmy:

Don't mind NNPC , Jagaban said oil subsidy will go but not from that inauguration day. People misunderstood his speech and I think the price should be reversed immediately by NNPC . Definitely, oil subsidy will go away pretty soon but not now

But i hadn't see hin talk about it only spokeperson
Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by Lutherblaq: 2:10pm On Jun 03, 2023
Mrfixitt:
Tinubu is a cocaine sniffer so don't expect miracles from him

Hehi buhahahaha hehe
Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by johnjose68: 2:15pm On Jun 03, 2023
Bobloco:

Ellupee spotted

To arrest you dey hungry me grin

Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by Lutherblaq: 2:16pm On Jun 03, 2023
Baatunde:
And what sort of plan are you alluding to sir? Is it the same type of 'plan' highlighted by Peter Obi when he said he was going to remove subsidy IMMEDIATELY and not a day longer?

He be like people just want to talk for talking sake. Of all the moaners talking about " putting a plan in place for palliatives" I have not seen one of them give us an idea of what sort of palliatives they are referring to, how is it supposed to be administered, how long do you need to put it in place, how long will it last for and finally how would they fund it.

I bet you if the President says today all low income household in Nigeria gets 500k to cushion the effect of subsidy removal, some of you eternal moaners will still have something to complain about. Anyone who has been in leadership even at a smaller level knows that you don't lead to please people, because you can never ever do anything to please all the people, all the time

Now you are insulting me for saying my mind sad and even atatching me Peter Obi.

If the sufferings nigeria has been going through since does not moves you it pains me to the core.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by Lutherblaq: 2:18pm On Jun 03, 2023
lolu2019:
u be mumu.subsidy wasn't budgeted for by Buhari

Get ready for your ban term my friend cheesy
Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by Traplord09: 2:19pm On Jun 03, 2023
Lutherblaq:
cheesy

Nigerian na joke 🤣🤣
Just imagine how some just wake up without a plan By🤔🤔

I say Nigeria is rule by old people....
Waiting pain me pass ehhh
Him no get person were go tell am the truth..

Mandate people here is ur 👑👑👑

Make da sell this country and give me my balance ⚖️
Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by Lutherblaq: 2:23pm On Jun 03, 2023
Traplord09:

Nigerian na joke

I say Nigeria is rule by old
people....
Waiting pain me pass ehhh
Him no get person were go tell am
the truth..
Mandate people here is ur
Make da sell this country and give
me my balance ⚖️

Swears this country matter don tire me

May they just sell am and me my share shikena
Re: Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG by Gajagojo: 2:24pm On Jun 03, 2023
KOMBE:
Nigerians understand very well that proceeds from subsidy removal will be used to develop the country, build road, hospitals and other infrastructures. We appreciate that so much and excited to see a better country but the only problem is that WE DON'T TRUST POLITICIANS
There are NO PROCEEDS from subsidy.removal because there is no money to pay for subsidy
Government is owing 2.3 trillion. Government has actually not paid the subsidy for many months
So stopping subsidy will only stop the debt growing. It will not yield any proceeds.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Central Senate Poll: INEC Shuts Out PDP, APC / FG Releases N280b For Capital Projects / Makarfi Led PDP Meets Akpabio, Ekweremadu, Other PDP National Assembly Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.