Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,890 members, 7,933,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 12:15 AM

Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams (15645 Views)

Congratulation To Comrade Sen Daniel Donald Onjeh / Comrade Adams Oshiomhole's WEDDING INVITATION!!! / Happy Birthday To Comrade Adams Oshiomole.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by snowdrops(m): 9:20am On Oct 02, 2011
@ Rhino.5dm

I can see you are doing a commendable job defending your party the ACN.

But one question; for the records can you list or at least paste a link to the "200 villages" the roads of which Oshiomole has developed. Just curious.
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by ehiabj(f): 9:32am On Oct 02, 2011
What about the kidnappings in Edo-state, whats the Gov doing about that
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by dshiznitplata(m): 9:33am On Oct 02, 2011
OP you are definitely right about the pics you took. Adams Oshiomole has really changed the look of Edo state. Unfortunately i don't have the overhead picture of Ringroad, you'll be dazed,
The bad road from the university to town is an FG road. Oshiomole was given orders not to touch any FG road. He had all already started plans to fix it but had to stop due to the orders. If you are in Benin again for those who say Oshiomole din't have plans of fixing the road take a closer look you'll see that he is trying but his hands are tied.
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 02, 2011
A little misleading i must say.

Yes, some roads have been fixed but that is less than 10% of total roads.
Well, it''s far better than previous regimes.

Some schools too have been modernized.
Considiring that the state doesn't have much funds, the governor has tried.
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by TippyTop(m): 9:42am On Oct 02, 2011
Adams is the worst governor in Nigeria. Where's prof Osumbor?
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 02, 2011
@Rhino

funny chap. so Ring Road axis has turn to EDO STATE ah ah
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by PhysicsQED(m): 9:57am On Oct 02, 2011
Tippy Top:

Adams is the worst governor in Nigeria. Where's prof Osumbor Osunbor?

lol, professor who? Tony Anenih's former protege?

University fees being increased and made closer to what they should be should not result in such an irrationally negative reaction.
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by WebSurfer(m): 10:02am On Oct 02, 2011
What the hell do you mean edo state is changing,,,, say Benin is changing, and the only place changing in Edo state. check the other local governments,, can tell you they are amongst the poorest in 9ja,
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by PhysicsQED(m): 10:13am On Oct 02, 2011
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by PhysicsQED(m): 10:26am On Oct 02, 2011
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by PhysicsQED(m): 10:30am On Oct 02, 2011
http://www.edostate.gov.ng/news/edo-begins-construction-model-colleges

^^^^^

Are all three of those planned schools being built in Benin city? Or just one?
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by PhysicsQED(m): 10:34am On Oct 02, 2011
ehiabj:

What about the kidnappings in Edo-state, whats the Gov doing about that

http://www.edostate.gov.ng/news/edo-proposes-death-penalty-kidnappers

"Kidnappers may face death penalty in Edo State if the amendment to the state law on kidnapping being proposed by the state government sails through.

Comrade Adams Oshiomhole disclosed this today when he granted audience to the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN and Edo North Traditional rulers at the Government House, Benin City, today.

According to the Governor, “I am proposing an amendment to the House of Assembly to impose the death penalty on those convicted for kidnapping.”

The Governor said the offence of kidnapping is as serious as that of armed robbery, adding that the instruments of armed robbery are present in every act of kidnapping.

“They use arms to subdue their victims. When you rob, the penalty is death and when you kidnap the penalty should also be death,” he added.

The Governor remarked that security is vital to the growth and development of the society, stressing, that insecurity leads to capital flight and unemployment.

Comrade Oshiomhole noted further that though he is the governor of the State the security agencies are under the Federal Government.

“The State Security Service, Nigerian Police Force and the Immigration are all agencies of the Federal Government. That is part of the reason why they take as much as 52 percent of the revenue allocation of the Federation. It is sad that the Federal Government does not equip the police force to a level that they have the wherewithal to monitor crime. To deal with criminality now is not just a matter of the commitment of the officers and men, intelligence gathering is crucial”. He said.

The Governor remarked that in spite of these constraints Edo State Government has devoted a part of its meager resources to support the security agencies.

He assured that Government would not relent in its support to the security agencies in the state."
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by iykak47: 10:35am On Oct 02, 2011
It shouldn't be news that governors repair or build roads, afterall they get allocation from Abuja. The money  belong to the people not  their personal money, or are they elected to use it for owanbe??
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by PhysicsQED(m): 10:37am On Oct 02, 2011
"When the Comrade Governor and his entourage went to flag off the construction of the 5.5km Iyamho-Iyora Road in Etsako West, the 10 km Ivbioghe- Igiode-Uzanu Road in Etsako East, the 22 km Igarra –Ososo Road transversing eight communities in Akoko Edo and Irrua-Ugbegun Road in Esan North East, they met despondent communities who for no fault of theirs were completely alienated from civilization as they lacked basic requirements of life which should have been provided by the government.

The people came out in their numbers to welcome the governor with optimism that their sufferings would soon be over and like the governor assured them, though government will not be able to provide all that they need at once, but concerted efforts would be made to meet them.

To start with, the administration has commenced the rehabilitation and construction of the roads that will enable the people who are mostly farmers to get their farm products from the hinterland to the cities.

It has since been discovered that the past governments deliberately abandoned such roads so that there will be no access to the communities by electoral officials during elections and this will afford politicians and their godfathers to continue to rig elections at their rigging centres.

But, Oshiomhole, in his campaign to ensure that every man’s vote count in subsequent election, has made it one of his cardinal agenda to open up the rural communities to enable the people in such remote communities who have never seen a ballot paper until now to make them exercise their franchise. In his words, the road network is also to defeat rigging of elections

The governor had recalled that, while growing up at Iyamho, they used to walk down to the next village of Iyora and then life seems impossible considering the stress and difficulty they went through to move things from one village to another.

To him, flagging off the construction of the road was a unique day in his life and for both communities because with the construction of the Iyamho-Iyora Road, apart from the commercial activities of the movement of goods that would become easier, the relationship between them would be strengthened.

To him, the reason the village people are poor is because they are not integrated with the cities and they lack educational institutions.

He, therefore, promised in all the places visited that secondary and primary school in the area would be rebuilt this year, saying that any government that could not provide education for the young ones is doomed, restating the commitment of the administration to reposition the entire state.

The mood at Uzanu In Etsako East Local Government Area was thrilling when the governor went there to redeem the promise he made during the launching of his electioneering campaign there and they were particularly happy that the governor had come in so short a time.

According to them, they were not in any way surprise because of his pedigree as a successful trade unionist and labour leader. The people of Ivioghe, Igiode and Uzanu communities said they were exceedingly grateful to the Comrade Governor for flagging off the construction of their road which successive administrations had failed to do it.

They maintained that they have had so many people in government and none of them deemed it necessary to come to them, but despite the difficult terrain, only Comrade Oshiomhole had taken this bold step.

They thanked the administration for the construction of bore hole at Igiode, renovation of Igiode Secondary School, the on-going construction of Ayogwiri-Apana-Imiegba-Okpekpe Road, comprehensive rehabilitation and fencing of the General Hospital, Agenebode, awards of MDGs projects like construction of boreholes in Iviukhua, Iviukwe, Afokpella, Awuyemi and Imiakebu, as well as the proposed establishment of fertiliser company at Ivhiegbepui and for attracting a river port to Agenebode.

In Esan Central, where Oshiomhole flagged off the Eguare-Usugbenu, Irrua-Eguare-Ebudin Ugbegun- Izogen road, the community disclosed how a section of the road was last tarred in 1963, some 47 years ago.

Though various administrations promised the people severally in the past that the road would be constructed but they all failed.

It was therefore not unexpected that some skeptics had entertained some doubts for obvious reasons when Oshiomhole declared on March 3, 2010 that he would personally flag off the construction of the road. But those who knew the Comrade Governor well were optimistic that he would keep faith with his promises.

The Irrua-Ugbegun communities bubbling with excitement that the road construction was being flagged off in an address presented by former Commissioner of Finance, Clement Ehebha, stated that the road, which cuts across several communities in two local government areas, would link Ebudin-Ugbegun, the farthest point to the local headquarters at Irrua.

“When completed, our people in Eguare-Idimobo(Ebudin) and Ugbegun will not need to transverse three local government areas to reach their local government headquarters at Irrua. We are just too excited that this administration is making history in the whole of Edo State not just because of infrastructural developments but moreso because of the audacity in type, style, size, number and spread of these projects,” they added.

It was the same story of jubilation in Akoko Edo Local Government Area where the governor flagged off the 22 kilometer Igarra-Ososo Road which has been in a state of total disrepair for over 20 years.

The Otaru of Igarra, Oba E.A Saiki II, recalled that the road, popularly called, Akoko Edo Ring Road which links about eight communities or towns is one of the most important roads in the local government area and yet it has been the most neglected road by the previous administrations in the state.

“It is our pleasure that within these few months that your administration came on board, you have so readily decided to flag off the rehabilitation of this all important road to the admiration of the people of Akoko Edo local government area. You have proved that really you are the Peoples Action Governor whose developmental stride in Edo State is unequalled”, the traditional ruler said."

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=9708
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by Rhino5dm: 10:39am On Oct 02, 2011
shocked shocked. Dude, I dont belong to ANY political party. Infact. I dont do party politics more reason why i choose Amaechi(PDP) in Rivers over that roque Dr. Abeyi Sekibo.(ACN)

Most people even thought i was with CPC. . .I have political mentors in APGA,PDP,ACN , and NONE in CPC after Gen. Buhari.

I always go with logic and self convictions when dealing with politicians. Why can't we just appreciate those doing the right thing? Before Adam, Edo State was in a near collapse state. . .even with likes of Tony Aneni(Mr. Fix it) the roads was in sorry state.

Adams Carry Go Jare! cheesy

snowdrops:

@ Rhino.5dm

I can see you are doing a commendable job defending your party the ACN.

But one question; for the records can you list or at least paste a link to the "200 villages" the roads of which Oshiomole has developed. Just curious.
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by PhysicsQED(m): 10:39am On Oct 02, 2011
I don't know where people got the story that all Oshiomhole was working on was Benin city, but those people are completely deluded.
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by Rhino5dm: 10:44am On Oct 02, 2011
When are you coming to PH?. . .am more intrested in getting business propasals ASAP.

diluminati:

@Rhino

funny chap. so Ring Road axis has turn to EDO STATE ah ah
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by Rhino5dm: 10:52am On Oct 02, 2011
What do you expect from retrogressive minded fellow after shacking Kparaga and tumbo?

PhysicsQED:

I don't know [b]where people got the story [/b]that all Oshiomhole was working on was Benin city, but those people are completely deluded.
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by jmaine: 11:34am On Oct 02, 2011
The same benin roads that had my mouth gaping with disbelief and disgust while i was there in mid September  . . .  sheer big size of gullies, pot holes, consistently flooded roads with no drainage were very consistent. . . Benin roads was just a shocker to me considering all i have heard concerning Oshiomhole excellent job . . . .The only excuse i had in mind for such state of roads was because He( Oshiomhole) inherited a state from lucky that was in shambles, but even at that . . we suppose dey see better things . . .and not the eye sore roads that kept assaulting my vision, more or less, can be described as a visual pollution event  cheesy. . . .
Good thing he revoked some contracts especially the airport road . . . . what was their name again SERVETEK  r.
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by dapachez: 11:50am On Oct 02, 2011
@Rhino,your post is indeed in order. I was born and breed in benin,i attended federal staff school ugbowo,emotan primary school dawnson road,edo college murtala muhammed way(3rd east circular) and finally uniben.i know the town well,i relocated 4 years ago and last time i was home in june i was suprised at the new face of some of the roads. Some were looking so good that i couldnt help but marvel. Is it new lagos road,ring road to sapele road,to ekewan road,airport road,2nd east circular,wire road,tv road to mention a few. The govenor has no right and isnt duty bound to repair federal roads like the auchi road and the ugbowo lagos road so give the guy a break. He has brought development that was last experienced during samuel ogbemudia and ambrose ali era. Kudos to the comrade jor,i aint a politician but i commend good jobs and condem bad jobs simpleht and isnt duty bound to repair federal roads like the auchi road and the ugbowo lagos road so give the guy a break. He has brought development that was last experienced during samuel ogbemudia and ambrose ali era. Kudos to the comrade jor,i aint a politician but i commend good jobs and condem bad jobs simple
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by dapachez: 11:51am On Oct 02, 2011
@Rhino,your post is indeed in order. I was born and breed in benin,i attended federal staff school ugbowo,emotan primary school dawnson road,edo college murtala muhammed way(3rd east circular) and finally uniben.i know the town well,i relocated 4 years ago and last time i was home in june i was suprised at the new face of some of the roads. Some were looking so good that i couldnt help but marvel. Is it new lagos road,ring road to sapele road,to ekewan road,airport road,2nd east circular,wire road,tv road to mention a few. The govenor has no right and isnt duty bound to repair federal roads like the auchi road and the ugbowo lagos road so give the guy a break. He has brought development that was last experienced during samuel ogbemudia and ambrose ali era. Kudos to the comrade jor,i aint a politician but i commend good jobs and condem bad jobs simple
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by GeorgeD1(m): 1:12pm On Oct 02, 2011
iykak47:

It shouldn't be news that governors repair or build roads, afterall they get allocation from Abuja. The money  belong to the people not  their personal money, or are they elected to use it for owanbe??

please help me remind governor uduaghan of delta state.

if only one-quarter of what is going on in edo state

can be translated here, we'll be very glad.
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by buzor(m): 1:14pm On Oct 02, 2011
pls fellow nairalanders dont mind the above pictures. if u have being to edo state and suffer what ppl there suffers, no body ll use this pictures to deceive u.
i have suffered in benin. imagine a city when ever it rains, everybody trecks like goats. no road, no drainage, no electricity. infact the city is just as ancient as its name.
the only good thing in benin is uniben and ubth
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by Afanna1: 2:35pm On Oct 02, 2011
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by Rhino5dm: 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2011
Damn! Why are so bittered? Keeping treckking like a goat you are and stop badmouthing wonderful development.

buzor:

pls fellow nairalanders dont mind the above pictures. if u have being to edo state and suffer what ppl there suffers, no body ll use this pictures to deceive u.
i have suffered in benin. imagine a city when ever it rains, everybody trecks like goats. no road, no drainage, no electricity. infact the city is just as ancient as its name.
the only good thing in benin is uniben and ubth
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by Outstrip(f): 3:00pm On Oct 02, 2011
The poster is just being funny. The fact of the matter is that when it rains in Benin you better not leave your house unless you have trained to swim in the Olympics. There are simply no roads.
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by GAR3TH(m): 3:08pm On Oct 02, 2011
the poster is just trying to say that Edo state has improved. Mind you that Adams osholome has only been in office for less than 3 years. He is not saying that edo state or benin city is fully develop. If you go to lagos or owerri you will still find bad roads and slums, but it doesn't mean the place hasn't improved, the governors in those area and in edo state are trying.
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by Gmmail(m): 3:15pm On Oct 02, 2011
Edo state is changing and kodus to the comrade,
I believe there is more work to do. especially when it rains most some roads become unusable.
some photos of well known flooded areas in Benin are here to show,
but i may not share them cos it does no good.
kudos for the work done so far.
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by GeorgeD1(m): 3:16pm On Oct 02, 2011
Outstrip:

The poster is just being funny. The fact of the matter is that when it rains in Benin you better not leave your house unless you have trained to swim in the Olympics. There are simply no roads.

oh yeah?! how was it before adams came on board? i bet you could leave your house and stroll then when the
rains were pouring abi?

we nigerians never appreciate any good thing. no wonder most other governors like the one in delta state would
rather pocket the money instead of using it to better the lives of his people!
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by Rhino5dm: 3:46pm On Oct 02, 2011
+1000
GAR3TH:

the poster is just trying to say that Edo state has improved. Mind you that Adams osholome has only been in office for less than 3 years. He is not saying that edo state or benin city is fully develop. If you go to lagos or owerri you will still find bad roads and slums, but it doesn't mean the place hasn't improved, the governors in those area and in edo state are trying.
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by Rhino5dm: 3:50pm On Oct 02, 2011
Oh really, i guess logic has depart your brain.

Outstrip:

Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by Outstrip(f): 4:08pm On Oct 02, 2011
George_D:

oh yeah?! how was it before adams came on board? i bet you could leave your house and stroll then when the
rains were pouring abi?

we nigerians never appreciate any good thing. no wonder most other governors like the one in delta state would
rather pocket the money instead of using it to better the lives of his people!

He has been there more than 3 years. What exactly has he done. Please don't count his beautification projects. Those don't count

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others / Are You Waiting For Babachir Lawal To Travel Abroad Too? Fayose Asks EFCC / Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.