Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,870 members, 7,933,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 10:50 PM

Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams (15644 Views)

Congratulation To Comrade Sen Daniel Donald Onjeh / Comrade Adams Oshiomhole's WEDDING INVITATION!!! / Happy Birthday To Comrade Adams Oshiomole.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by GeorgeD1(m): 7:02pm On Oct 03, 2011
Outstrip:

Don't waste your pity. When did Oshiomolhe give out the countract? Was it ot in february. How much work has been done. Everything still looks the same. It's been almost a year since the so called work started. Nothing to show. Please stop talking about those doggone ACs. It is starting to irritate me

ah! i can now see where outsrip's allegiances truely lie.

even if oshiomole were to pave the whole streets of edo state with gold, she will still not see anything
good in what he is doing provided he's not from pdp!
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by Outstrip(f): 7:11pm On Oct 03, 2011
You people are so immature. This is not an Oshiomole thread. I have no alliance to anybody. I don't even know who is running or not running. You are so small minded t think that it is attack on this man. It is the issues. This is not primary school or a clique. More needs to be done and it does not matter if it Oshiomole or Mr nobody there. This is the bloody problem with Nigeria that people just cannot be so feverishly attached to someone
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by efisher(m): 7:13pm On Oct 03, 2011
I was in Benin last week and what I witnessed is impressive. Anybody that is sincere cannot say Adams has not transformed Benin City. From roads to drainages to traffic lights to grassed medians to street lighting to road markings. Wow!!! The man has done a good job. If you had been to Benin City during Lucky's or Osunbor's tenure you will see the difference is like day and night. The difference is clear. If you really want to know, take a trip to Benin and see for yourself. Sincerely, he deserves the commendation.
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by atise: 7:55pm On Oct 03, 2011
I really don't know why a lot of the time a topic for reasonable discourse suddenly degenerates into a forum for trading insults on the pages of nairaland. Quite disheartening I must say. We as a people should try to tolerate other peoples opinions even when they differ radically from ours.

That said, I have to say my piece about this issue as one who schooled, lived and works in benin for most of my life.

No one can really say that Adams is not working, but the poster should really not have chosen the vexing issue of roads. Most of the posters praising Benin city roads rally don't reside in benin. Adams had started out with massive road rehabilitation/city beautification with so much gusto, but the fact is that even the roads that were formally repaired are now falling into disrepair.

many inhabitants actually now use the bypass to cut off the bad inner city roads. the ONLY roads in benin with no present major issues would be Akpakpava rd and sapele road. The later which the poster put up pics. The street lights and traffic lights in some parts of town that initially used to work have stopped working.

The well worn excuse that 'this is a federal road' has become a stale song. Bola Tinubu used that in Lagos, and Fashola came and repair those same roads without any noise. The major roads in Benin are federal roads, and Oshiomole needs to deal with it.

Presently there seems to be more effort on beautification, than repairing the crater filled roads. We all await with bated breath for the dry season when they say some of these roads will be tackled.

My exhaust nearly pull comot for Iyaro the other day shocked shocked!

Presently needing attention, Uwelu rd, Evbareke, textile mill rd, Urubi, 5 junction, tomline, Uwasota, Medical stores, Okhoro, ALL GRA ROADS, Aduwawa, AIRPORT RD angry angry angryUgbowo-Lagos rd, upper mission, abeg my fingers don tire to type!

But if Adams can just first of all tackle the irritating security problems (kidnapping, robbery etc) together with the above and a few other things he would become our own Fashola.

For now he is really average looking good because those b4 him were so bad.

Just my 2 cents.

No insults o! As me I nor curse anybody grin grin!
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by OmoTier1(m): 8:29pm On Oct 03, 2011
Outstrip:

Don't waste your pity. When did Oshiomolhe give out the countract? Was it ot in february. How much work has been done. Everything still looks the same. It's been almost a year since the so called work started. Nothing to show. Please stop talking about those doggone ACs. It is starting to irritate me
Seriously, I think you have no idea what a Storm water project is all about for you to have expected all the works to be completed by now for a contract awarded this year.

Water routing, Ground Survey leveling alone would gulp 6months if not more. Do you really know how far Ogba river is from Uselu? Mind you, ALL the major roads along the storm water drainage/culvert path will have proper provisions for evacuation and this require care ON THE FIELD WORK! It is easier to use 'contours' and RF 'levelings' to carry out design on paper but a completely different ball game actualizing it on the field!

Again, flooding in Uselu is caused largely by residents building on the 'natural right of way' of the flood path, and the use of drainages as refuse dump by residents. Uselu and environs have open drainages built by previous governments but the people living there keep dumping refuse inside.

What baffles me is when the other governors were using imported inter-locking stones from Canada to tarr Igun Street,dregding Ikpoba river for over N20million most of you were singing his praise!
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by GeorgeD1(m): 9:22pm On Oct 03, 2011
Outstrip:

You people are so immature. This is not an Oshiomole thread. I have no alliance to anybody. I don't even know who is running or not running. You are so small minded t think that it is attack on this man. It is the issues. This is not primary school or a clique. More needs to be done and it does not matter if it Oshiomole or Mr nobody there. This is the bloody problem with Nigeria that people just cannot be so feverishly attached to someone

i'm sure any sensible person who has been following this thread knows who the real 'immature' person here is.

one quick question though: i hope your not in anyway affiliated with osunbor and his clique? because the way your going about this shows you clearly have a score to settle with adams!
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by Outstrip(f): 9:59pm On Oct 03, 2011
sigh
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by muyoto: 10:23pm On Oct 03, 2011
I'm nauseated to my guts reading the some of the comments on this thread.

when Lucky ''action governor'' literally sent the state to the gallows during his four years of misrule, I didn't hear people running their mouth the way they are now.

I reside at Use at upper siluko, and yes, when it rains, as it has been doing for the past months, going home or coming out is a total nightmare. My friend at Egor quarters told me that he spends close to 300 on transportation, no thanks to the road-turned-river at teachers' house and Egor market.

So i should be the last person praising the governor for his efforts so far.

But I choose to do so.

I don't think I need to begin enumerating on his achievements so far; Rhino, physicsQED, omotier, etc have done a wonderful job.

I think the real question should be, given the resources at his disposal, can he do more than he has done, and is presently doing? I honestly don't think so.

THE MAN HAS TRIED AND IS STILL TRYING.

to all the bad belle people, if you have nothing constructive to say, then kindly, I most respectfully beseech you, PUT A SOCK IN IT!!  angry
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by koolguy88(m): 12:05pm On Oct 04, 2011
Edo is looking good oooooooooooo grin
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by Gbenge77(m): 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2011
is this an image laundering attempt for the governor?
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by GeorgeD1(m): 1:35pm On Oct 04, 2011
Gbenge 77:

image laundering in what way? when somebody is doing well and there is evidence everywhere
to show for it what other laundering campaign does he need?

or, do you want me to invite to warri where i reside so you can see how a governor ought not
to govern?
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by Rhino5dm: 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2011
when threads are flooded in support of thieves,roques and murderers you are not complaining. Irony of people.
Gbenge 77:

Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by prince0(m): 4:17pm On Oct 04, 2011
Pictures speak louder than voice, this is upper mission road. the starter of this post lack a good understanding of what is happening in Benin. politics! politics!! politics!!! the govt have only worked in the centre of the state neglecting other areas in order to get votes for next year election. if i have more time i will post more in order to prove facts of what is actually happening in benin. the govt achievement is planting of flowers and water fountain which are the pictures they are using to campaign presently.

Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by PhysicsQED(m): 4:31pm On Oct 04, 2011
And that's why traditional rulers in Akoko Edo, Etsako, and Esan areas are praising Oshiomhole's efforts in their area and supporting his reelection bid? Because of a fountain in Benin city?
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by GeorgeD1(m): 7:43pm On Oct 04, 2011
prince0:

Pictures speak louder than voice, this is upper mission road. the starter of this post lack a good understanding of what is happening in Benin. politics! politics!! politics!!! the govt have only worked in the centre of the state neglecting other areas in order to get votes for next year election. if i have more time i will post more in order to prove facts of what is actually happening in benin. the govt achievement is planting of flowers and water fountain which are the pictures they are using to campaign presently.

prince0,
a few disgruntled peeps tried this method of yours in lagos state with governor fashola during the last elections and it fell flatly on its face. few weeks to the date they started going to the hinterland and a few decrepit neighborhoods snapping pictures and running adverts on tv to tell whoever cared to listen how fashola was not the 'action' governor they thought he was. need i tell you that they failed because people knew the truth and they wouldn't bother to listen to fabricated lies.

if it failed in lagos, it will equally fail in edo state because the people are seeing all the good things what oshiomole is doing.

keep up the campaign of lies, you will definitely not succeed!
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by prince0(m): 6:42am On Oct 05, 2011
a few disgruntled peeps tried this method of yours in lagos state with governor fashola during the last elections and it fell flatly on its face. few weeks to the date they started going to the hinterland and a few decrepit neighborhoods snapping pictures and running adverts on tv to tell whoever cared to listen how fashola was not the 'action' governor they thought he was. need i tell you that they failed because people knew the truth and they wouldn't bother to listen to fabricated lies.

if it failed in lagos, it will equally fail in edo state because the people are seeing all the good things what oshiomole is doing.

keep up the campaign of lies, you will definitely not succeed!

George D

The problem with our govt is that they are very good in scoring themselves, the presidency after much noise about not been afraid of boko haram ended up celebrating the independence indoor.
In your write up you did not state what he has done and let me prove to you that he has done nothing worth shouting for, it is all about noise making nothing more. the govt of edo state was swift in placing sign posts on federal roads that where bad and did not reciprocate is placing same on roads constructed by the FG like Sapele road, Akpakpava etc thanking the FG for those roads. Let us be objective in whatever we do. they are busy campaigning that they are building schools knowing full well that those projects are UBE piloted. My brother when one is educated he thinks differently. ignorant people settle for federalism while educated people demand for true and fiscal federalism, you see the difference? maybe u a member of acn as for me i am not a politician and i dont intend to be but objectivity is my stand.
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by GeorgeD1(m): 7:31pm On Oct 05, 2011
prince0,
does being objective also translate into being shortsighted?

what we are saying is this: oshiomole is doing far better with the little resources
he has at hand compared to states like delta sitting on a large cache of money who
fritter away their resources 'settling' godfathers rather than working for the common
good. need i remind you also that much of the problems we are seeing in edo state
today would have been long solved if other governors that were there before adams
worked even half as much as he's doing now?

i'm sure my point is finally hitting home?
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by stanech: 10:58am On Jul 26, 2012
I was expecting to see some real pictures.

For me I think the issue in Edo state is that of a man with one eye becoming a leader in a country with blind men. Oshiomolhe is just putting a few structures on ground that lucky failed to do in eight years. He still can't be labeLled a performer compared to chime.
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by Dainfamous: 11:53am On Jul 26, 2012
Adrian008: @Rhino.4dm

Go back and tell the Oshi Omole that sent you that you were caught. I school in Benin. ALL roads in Benin are in a right-off state. Baffles me that it's one of the oldest cities in West Africa, at least {there's nothing to show for it}. If these pictures represent the best parts of Benin roads {not even the best road, because no road in Benin is entirely as good as this} then you should be ashamed, as old as Benin is the best parts of their roads are still no better than the average roads of Calabar.
that is the truth
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by baysol: 3:31pm On Nov 12, 2012
Rhino.4dm:
Explain yourself.

you think this is sarcasm? Anyone moving out of Rivers State will appreciate the beauty of good roads. I could not use Delta State cos i know  the roads was constructed by  James Ibori.

Nigerians are the greatest of all gullible people because of tribalism never objective in thought and mental faculty. People talking about work of crooks like ibori so sorry. on the Benin pix I hope is not about what is displayed here that is massive construction. Talk of bad followership tunning out to be follow follow the way Fela discribe am.
Re: Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams by stpat1(m): 2:03pm On Apr 04, 2013
werepeLeri: LOL.

Ok - New Lagos Road is being fixed, from Akpakpava Road junction up to Textile Mill Road Junction. But from Textile Mill road junction on the Shagamu Express way all the way to the University gate and beyond, ask anyone in Benin, that stretch is what I mean by the entire length, I dont know what dimensions has got to what I am talking about. You will be amazed to even think that is Benin city. Ask anyone. Same goes for Auchi Road - eyesores.

Thank God I didnt study Mechanical Engineering.

The federal govt is claiming that the road and maintenance is theirs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sack Fashola, Amaechi Now, CNPP Tells Buhari / Zainab Ahmed: CBN Monetary Policy Committee, Minister Of Finance Clash Over Debt / Senator Uba Sani Wins APC Guber Primaries In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.