Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,150 members, 7,887,338 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:03 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1303084 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (426) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kike100: 10:18pm On Nov 19, 2013
Blendy77 sisto!! Shebi na dt annoying, money-sucking blablablabla......omni and southern shore 4 fi i(vi)!!!! Kia I carry my God given money away.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 10:50pm On Nov 19, 2013
South Shore charged 350k for lap & die? Na wa o. To think their cs is even cheaper than that of Georges cos I was supposed to have my boys there, company referral but ran away when the Dr kept scooping me to consider veejay delivery rather than cs I'd planned. Na proper British man wey dey follow text book theories to the latter. Though he's good sha, I must confess.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by myzone: 11:53pm On Nov 19, 2013
my people,

what can i say unto d Lord, than THANK U.

started 1st IVF middle oct, and today am confirmed BFP.

@Blendy, u inspired me to Olive branch and no regrets.

i pray we all get our BFP.

8 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 9:36am On Nov 20, 2013
A big congratulations, I thank God for you, God is truly faithful, 1st cycle n BFP.
@All, how is everybody doing? Oviasouth I hope you are savouring the moment, how do u cope with all the throwing-ups? The Lord is your strength and He will continue to keep and sustain you till those great children arrive.
@pm05337, how is Madam doing? As the time is drawing close I hope you are not over- anxious, just relax because our God is quite able to see her through. We will all celebrate with you in Jesus name........Amen.
The triplets and the mum are doing very well, I thank God for His provision and faithfulness. The Lord is very good to us and I know all of us will also have this experience soonest.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 10:36am On Nov 20, 2013
My zone, big congratulations to and ur household. Bfp at first trial? God is truly awesome. I wish you a stress free pregnancy and I pray you get multiples at this first attempt. Congrats my sister.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 20, 2013
Congrats Myzone, i wish you a stress free 9months, God bless you plenty. pls share with us what you did differently to achieve bfp at first try and a little history, this will help us. thanks dear.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by myzone: 7:36pm On Nov 20, 2013
@ prettysave,

First Na God,
Second Na Dr Google. D therapy long ooo.

I cleanse my system with aloe Vera from d day I saw d doctor, morning & nyte. when d period for d cycle came I started taking royal jelly & propolis along with down regulation. Stopped when I started stimming.

I learnt from mamapikin to eat Titus , boiled, fried,cooked, stew with almost every food I eat.
Eat beans in all form, moi moi mostly,breakfast & dinner. Eat plantain flour as amala with ewedu & my wonderful Titus.
Fruit smoothie daily from down reg to stimming.

Protein is essential for egg production as I learnt from Dr Google and help avoid hyper stimulating.

I prayed ooooo, with seed covenant with God oo, to pay sharply as Bfp Don show.

After embryo transfer I put pillow under bombom as one ijaw woman Don tell me say d tin dey flow out once he drop am. Dem beg make I go wee after transfer I no answer I stayed with full bladder for over 30min.after wen I come back I put pillow again, I reach house put pillow under sleep dat nyte.

Eat pineapple with core and drank ceres grape juice from day 3 to day 9 after ET.
Eat almond since walnut not in season.
Titus all d way oo, still eating Titus oo.

CAC1000 daily from stimming to egg collection. To help uterus linning,
Only 6 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilzed,4 transfer, waiting to know how many implanted.

Will write as I remember later.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fruitfulmum: 8:06pm On Nov 20, 2013
my zone congratulations .You will carry to term in jesus mighty name.i wish you a healthy and stressfree nine months.

4embiee cheesy i like your style sha.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by maymay1(f): 9:11pm On Nov 20, 2013
Congrats to you Myzone, pls what was ur weight? And where you on any vitamins? Enjoy ur 9mths jolly ride.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 21, 2013
Congratulations myzone and thanks for the tips. Wishing u a H&H 9 months.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by myzone: 9:28am On Nov 21, 2013
@maymay,

am on d high side ooo, weight is 88-90, height 5.7.
was put on metformin when i started stimming cos i was gaining on d down reg drug. still on metformin and aspirin.
was given pregnacare conception by d clinic , was using normal folic plus omega/fish oil on my own b4 procedure and still on it.i drink water like cael oo, 3 big eva on d average daily.
but like one of my friend said its just God.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kike100: 9:43am On Nov 21, 2013
@myzone, congrats dear.... I celebrate u! We shall join u shortly IJN
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nogen: 10:17am On Nov 21, 2013
Congratulations MyZone.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by faithfulwife(f): 10:22am On Nov 21, 2013
Congratulations my zone and all our bfp mamas. Thanks also for the tips, will be sure to make use of them.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by zarammum: 10:48am On Nov 21, 2013
@kike100, @fruitfulmum, @blendy. God bless you so much for responding to my question. Am so gratiful.

@myzone hmmmm. Bfp on first trial. Its only God that would have done this wonder. congratulations sister.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonderlen: 2:22pm On Nov 21, 2013
Congrats myzone.God watch over ur babies and keep them safe.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Rute(f): 5:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
Congratulations myzone this is indeed the Lords doing !
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tanidabi: 10:04am On Nov 22, 2013
Hello everyone,

Thanking God for the testimonies
@Zaramum,i did lap at UCH too in 2009 with just 40k

I had attempted to do it earlier at an high brow hosp in VI at 350k at that time but i had a cardiac arrest in the process and so it was cancelled

I eventually did it the same year with just 40k,a professor did if for me,he works in UCH but we did the procedure at a catholic hosp in Ibadan,but i do not think they have all those screens that the lagos clinics have(Not sure though) and i did mine under mils anesthesia so i was awake and had an idea of what was going on but i was drowsy

All the best
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by AwesomeGod123: 12:14pm On Nov 22, 2013
@MyZone,It is the Lord doing it is marlevous in our sight,we rejoice with u.it can only be God.Please was it becos of ur weight that u were taking Metformin,I tot de drug was mainly for those with PCOS,then please what is the name of the folic acid with omega/fish oil u were taking?pls reply.
@All it is well,Remeber He is the Reason for the Season.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 22, 2013
hi all! I want to ask, why s it dat only women seems to b talkng abot this conception problm? i lookd at the whole forum and these thread, no man seems talkng, remedies and supports seems to b fo women only, why?
Anyway here is my own problm, I hope u women will not boo me out sha grin , my wife have been cleard of any problem, but reasons I realy do not kno, my sperm quality is always below average, d sperm cells are there but a very few percentage of dem are healthy. So we are considerng going for IUI. My hospital actualy sugested refering us fo IUI in Abuja and I guessed they will refer us to this fertility clinic around Jabi in Abuja. I contacted those pple and they gave an estimate which realy scares me and thy even said they just do not go strait to IUI like dat, many procedures and mony spending will lead to IUI. All these are realy scaring me, even though we hav savd up to #500k now and I was havng this feeling dat if we are referred by my hospital then the procedures might b cut back and d IUI could b done directly(am I right here?).
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by VENUSS(f): 2:51pm On Nov 22, 2013
@wazoboy, no one will boo you out .we have 2 men here and on the ttc thread as wEll.
Pls be patient to read back on this thread, alternative method to ttc and the ttc thread, issues like yours have been discussed several times using natural methods, eating healthy and change of life style.
Some of our sisters that are knowledgeable will be here to help you out.
Goodluck may God bless you soon. Amin.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
VENUSS: @wazoboy, no one will boo you out .we have 2 men here and on the ttc thread as wEll.
Pls be patient to read back on this thread, alternative method to ttc and the ttc thread, issues like yours have been discussed several times using natural methods, eating healthy and change of life style.
Some of our sisters that are knowledgeable will be here to help you out.
Goodluck may God bless you soon. Amin.
thanks fo dis reply and realy hapy abot it!
d problm s, I hav waitd fo long and hav spent so much on herbal suplements but I realy cant see result. I dont smoke, drink or hav indiscriminate sex dat is y im realy confused having dis problm nd now its showng n my wife and i realy cant blame her, infact, im personaly tired of monthly disapointments dat is y we are tryng dis IUI tng!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by VENUSS(f): 3:39pm On Nov 22, 2013
www.nairaland.com/1415372/alternative-methods-ttc . Ok. There are other hospitals that are good and cheaper than the one you mentioned. Bro nwangobio used and got 3plets, oviasouth too. Don't be in a hurry. Take your time and research, ask questions and for God's direction.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 22, 2013
VENUSS: www.nairaland.com/1415372/alternative-methods-ttc . Ok. There are other hospitals that are good and cheaper than the one you mentioned. Bro nwangobio used and got 3plets, oviasouth too. Don't be in a hurry. Take your time and research, ask questions and for God's direction.
actualy I will b hapy to b guidd on where to go. Only dat one nid to exercise at times, there is dis fertility clinic i found in Ilorin, it seems cheap and it is being manned by a Dr. from UNILORIN, only to read that the Dr. is involved in shady deals, deceiving pple abot conception and using drugs on women to stop their periods there by making dem beleive they were pregnant, wen their time comes he will den tell dem thy had a still-born without shwng dem d dead foetus!
But if anybody can suggest any oda gud one, I will surely be hapy!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nogen: 3:50pm On Nov 22, 2013
Mr Wazo, welcome to the forum. Why don't you consider ICSI instead of IUI. It is a lot better for your case. God will make your wife and you smile soon. Amen
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 22, 2013
Nogen: Mr Wazo, welcome to the forum. Why don't you consider ICSI instead of IUI. It is a lot better for your case. God will make your wife and you smile soon. Amen
ICSI, i realy dont kno dat, can u please guide me on dis?
I just lookd at it now, but t seems more complex dan IUI, and surely it will b more expensive!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nogen: 4:08pm On Nov 22, 2013
wazoboy: ICSI, i realy dont kno dat, can u please guide me on dis?
I just lookd at it now, but t seems more complex dan IUI, and surely it will b more expensive!

For someone with your kind of medical case, ICSI will be a better option because the doctor will have to extract some of your sperm and inject them directly in the eggs(ovum) extracted from your wifey in the lab. When they are fertilised, the very viable ones (2) or one as the case may be will be transferred into her womb. This procedure ensures that the very good and healthy spermatozoa are used.
It is more expensive than IUI.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 22, 2013
Nogen:

For someone with your kind of medical case, ICSI will be a better option because the doctor will have to extract some of your sperm and inject them directly in the eggs(ovum) extracted from your wifey in the lab. When they are fertilised, the very viable ones (2) or one as the case may be will be transferred into her womb. This procedure ensures that the very good and healthy spermatozoa are used.
hmmm, i hav a budget of 500k fo now and am n Nassarawa state(keffi), and frm what I read, t is even more expensive dan IVF!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 4:49pm On Nov 22, 2013
Wazoboy, for your kind of case and like what Nogen has said, I think IUI might more or less be a waste of money and time. If you have a budget of N500k, why not go to Unilorin and other teaching hospitals where they recently started IVF and you might be surprised, it will cost you just half of your budget. IUI for N500k is even on the high side as its done here in Lag for less than N200k but then its not for candidates with sperm issues as you cant be guranteed of fertilization unlike IVF/ICSI where you are sure the eggs are fertilized b4 transfer. I read recently that Uniilorin teachng hospital has started IVF and even given birth to their first ivf baby. Meaning they must stated ivf since late last yr or early this yr.
National hospital does it as well and its less than N400k though cant vouch for their success rate. Even here in Lag, there is a clinic called regenesis where IVF is about N350k, ICSI N450 tough your drugs are not inclusive. My brother, we are not trying to discourage you but its better to do it right and pray for results at first attempt instead of burning that much on IUI when you're not too sure of implantation.
Even if you decide to do IUI, please find a good hospital like the one Inwangobio and Oviasouth used. Though am not sure of their iui price, but I doubt if its up to half of what you've budgeted.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 22, 2013
@wazoboy.Pls calm down,do not rush.I support the idea of ICSI and using the teaching hospital or tested & trusted fertility clinic.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 22, 2013
thanks Blendy77 and zeezy! life culd b frustratng at times, especialy wen u realy do not kno what u ar doing wrong! I realy do not kno UNILORIN does fertility treatment, how i wish JUTH culd b doing it too, ts closer!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by egariyi(f): 5:06pm On Nov 22, 2013
Nogen:

In medicine, you dont just start with the highest solution. You start with the simpler and smaller methods and where these fails, then yo can move upward.

Mr. Wazo, what is the percentage of good cells, motility and morphology (shape). IUI can only be achieved on motility of 15% and above. If its lower, then consider ICSI. alternatively, you need to do proper investigations and get the problem corrected with medication to enable your wife achieve natural conception.

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (426) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.