Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,149 members, 7,887,338 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:01 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1303083 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (426) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 22, 2013
@egariyi, pls wait let me check d last test result!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 22, 2013
OK,
Total motility = 30%
rapid forwad progress = 34%
sperm count =8
total sperm count = 12
normal form = 20%
dat test was on 14th of October 2013.

But earlier this year(20/05/2013) this was d result:
Total motility = 56%
rapid forward progress = 40%
sperm count = 20
total sperm count = 42
normal form = 28%
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by smiler(f): 5:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
@ Wazoboy do you mean 8 or 8 million.

Anyway, before you think of doing either IUI or ICSI, could you give yourself atleast 6 months of lifestyle change. This will work on your cells. When the s.p.e.r.m cells are not healthy there is a high chance of miscarriage after conception.

Yourself and madam should go on a diet change, people swear by organic apple cider vider with mother, organic and unsulphured black strap mollasse (BSM). Fertilaid or fertility blend. Organic maca root. Eat more of vegetables and fruits cut of processed food as much as possible.
Try reading through the TTC thread.

May God grant you your heart desires in Jesus name, amen.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 22, 2013
@Wazoboy, just relax first of all. had this issue, hubby doest smoke , no drinking, no womanisig but his count as even lower than yours!!!! puting those factors aside, there are plenty plenty cause of low sper.m count in men. life style is most important and you being here means you are closer your solution, why did i say this? in most cases men see themselves as the god that can never have fertility issue. so going for count test and taking fertility drugs most times is wahala for them.

going back to your test result, did you ask your self why your previous count was better than the later? am seeing 20million for the previous one and then 8million(i asume its in million) on the on you did lately. hmmmmm, was the test cultured to check for infection? pls check for infection, infection kills sper.m faster than anything, if you confirm infection, you need to treat the infection first of all. then you can talk of boosting it.

now on your IUI, where there is male fertility issue, IUI is not the answer at allllllll. @egariyi, guys are advising him to consider ICSI because of what he tendered, IUI, which based on experience and knowledge he was asked to considered so that he wont waste the huge sum of 500k, 500k is alot of money that is enough to try a better option than IUI.

@Wazoboy, pls read more on ICSI, IVF, IUI, know the one that is most preffered for your case. 500k for IUI is on the high side, if you have 500k now then save up and add a little to it for ICSI which is more reliable.

Above all, God can give you a big surprise this season. Look on HIM.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 22, 2013
smiler: @ Wazoboy do you mean 8 or 8 million.

Anyway, before you think of doing either IUI or ICSI, could you give yourself atleast 6 months of lifestyle change. This will work on your cells. When the s.p.e.r.m cells are not healthy there is a high chance of miscarriage after conception.

Yourself and madam should go on a diet change, people swear by organic apple cider vider with mother, organic and unsulphured black strap mollasse (BSM). Fertilaid or fertility blend. Organic maca root. Eat more of vegetables and fruits cut of processed food as much as possible.
Try reading through the TTC thread.

May God grant you your heart desires in Jesus name, amen.

to add to this, stay away from sweeeeeeeet things, like biscuits, sugar, tom tom, and all the likes. rather use honey.
you can visit ttc threadfor more information on how to improve count. you wife too needs to stay away from sugar and eat healthy. its a two way thing.

even carbonted drinks is a no for you, malt, fanta, all the likes. drink water and natural fuit juice.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 22, 2013
@redeemersave nd others, tanks so so much, I thnk im shelvng d idea of dat IUI tng! My last test was not culturd and to add more info: b4 d good test I was on vitE plus dis drug they give to make women ovulate, I ws also taking enhanz on my own. But before d bad test I was on dis herbal antibiotics, a very strong one!
Please d sperm count and total sperm count are in millions!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 22, 2013
wazoboy: @redeemersave nd others, tanks so so much, I thnk im shelvng d idea of dat IUI tng! My last test was not culturd and to add more info: b4 d good test I was on vitE plus dis drug they give to make women ovulate, I ws also taking enhanz on my own. But before d bad test I was on dis herbal antibiotics, a very strong one!
Please d sperm count and total sperm count are in millions!

now you know why you have the bad result.

let me give you some thing you may need.

fertilaid for men
count boost(ffertil aid product)
vitamin E
CAC1000
Vitamin C
selenium
clomid (since it worked for you you can try it again)
will post more when i remeber
ACV(applle cider vineger mixed with honey) buy the organic one with murder look for bragg brand.

fruits-----

cucumber
cashew nuts
g.nuts
carrot
g.egg
one boiled egg
tiger nut
that what i remember for now.

for you wife (since you said she is ok), let her take ACV as well with honey, vitamin E (there is this miracle one being discussed on ttc thread), she can take Vit c too.

see, try out this with your wife, i feel if you can achieve 20million you can do it again, and you guys can sing a new song soon. pray with her like never before too.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 22, 2013
@redeemersave, tanks a lot, but do u mean I shuld take all dose supplememts? the enhanz im taking currently has selenium, zinc, magnessium, biotin etc, Im also taking vitE. I will also try all dose foods.
But I just read that all these bitters( yoyo, alomo etc )culd hav adverse effect on sperm, how true please?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2013
I fogot to mention zinc, its an important supplement for men. Get zinc alone 50mg is ok.

No, not all the drugs, fertilaid n count boost can be taken together with other suppliments, but I you can't take clomid with fertilaid together, though fertilaid has all those supplement in a good dose.£ so you can take it alone.

But if you are taking clomid you need to add those supps.

If you are taking the first supps you were using then, then just add those natural ftuits n nuts to them, snack on them always.

Its good when men are involve in finding solution to ttc, its helps and result in most cases is faster. D only thing now is, don't allow your wife to relax n say its all well with me. Let her take supps as well. Not clomid oooo, me I don't advise clomid cos it can make fibroid to grow. If she can lay her hand on vitality E infinite, its being discussed on ttc thread on it efficacy.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 22, 2013
redeemersave: I fogot to mention zinc, its an important supplement for men. Get zinc alone 50mg is ok.

No, not all the drugs, fertilaid n count boost can be taken together with other suppliments, but I you can't take clomid with fertilaid together, though fertilaid has all those supplement in a good dose.£ so you can take it alone.

But if you are taking clomid you need to add those supps.

If you are taking the first supps you were using then, then just add those natural ftuits n nuts to them, snack on them always.
tanks, but u are silent on dose bitter thngs, i realy want info on their impact on sperm, bcause i take dem a lot infact i just finishd abot two bottles of Oroki-bitter!(I dont do alomo, bcause of its alcohol)
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by smiler(f): 8:11pm On Nov 22, 2013
Maybe you should stay off the bitters for now. Too many bitters in the market self, all claiming one benefit or the other.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 22, 2013
smiler: Maybe you should stay off the bitters for now. Too many bitters in the market self, all claiming one benefit or the other.
I agree and I will do just dat!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ayaosagie: 12:56am On Nov 23, 2013
Hello all . I am new to this forum and I was super excited when I saw all the post from such a courageous group of people, its amazing. Its soul releasing to know that there are people I can relate with and we all kind of understand each other's desire to become parents. Married 12 years no biological children of my own , I have a wonderful stepson but you feel half fulfilled without children of your own. I live in Tampa and I have been through so many fertility issues that I don't even know where to begin cry. But I am thinking of coming home to Nigeria to see DR EMEKA based on the wonderful recommendations about him and the fact that I just can't go through anymore emotional drama, I need results asap. Surrogacy is an option that I may explore as well.
But I love all your inputs and if anyone has any recommendations, please let it roll. Lol
Congrats to everyone who has achieved success and God will guide and be with all of us as we wait for His miracles from above.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pm05337(m): 4:48am On Nov 23, 2013
Everybody join me sing hallelujah!!!!! Jehovah Jireh has done me well!!!!

To God be all the Glory.....Destiny child (Baby girl) has been born....

Thank you all for all your prayers, love and support.....

I pray for all my sisters in the waiting room dat u will all sing a new song in Jesus' name...Amen

bros...how una dey?

10 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Rute(f): 5:25am On Nov 23, 2013
Pm05337 congratulation on the birth of yo princess hallelujah! Our God reigns
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by strides2014: 7:50am On Nov 23, 2013
@pm05337 congrats on ur new bundle of joy! She shall be great & do exploits IJN. Our God is indeed faithful.
Stumbled on this thread few days ago & have been catching up on the goings on. I cheated & skipped some pgs in the middle though wink

Congrats to Blendy mama 2, the 1st mama 3, the powerful bro of faith & now proud papa of 3, all the other brand new mums, bumpers & everyone of us in God's precious waiting room!

Any update on @Psalm23? I pray all is well with her IJN

@ayaosagie I'm also contemplating surrogacy after 10 long & stressful yrs of ttc. Let's compare notes. U can reach me @ strides2014@gmail.com

By & large, I believe God has a perfect plan for us all & we just have to keep the faith. Sending baby dust to all....
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by VENUSS(f): 8:04am On Nov 23, 2013
@pm05337, God be praised! Congrats on the birth of ur princess. May she bring joy and blessing to your family. Hope mother and baby are in good shape?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by smiler(f): 9:04am On Nov 23, 2013
Big congrats PM. Love to madam and Destiny.

@stride and Ayaosagie welcome, I pray that God will bless you with your heart desires, 10 and 12 years TTC no be joke. I pray that these labourous years you have walked will turn to joy in Jesus name, amen.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by fruitfulmama: 9:04am On Nov 23, 2013
@ wazoboy.why not try this theraphy get about 3 big onion bulbs, peel and cut them up. Boil with about a cup of water till the onions get soft,then add add about 25cl (original) honey, mix and allow to cool.(Take note not to boil the honey). Squeeze/strain out the juice and take a spoon 3ce daily. grin grin grin.God will perfect all that concerns you
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 23, 2013
fruitfulmama: @ wazoboy.why not try this theraphy get about 3 big onion bulbs, peel and cut them up. Boil with about a cup of water till the onions get soft,then add add about 25cl (original) honey, mix and allow to cool.(Take note not to boil the honey). Squeeze/strain out the juice and take a spoon 3ce daily. grin grin grin.God will perfect all that concerns you
Thanks, I thnk I will add this too, at least its cheap and ingredients are readily available. Thanks again!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nogen: 10:09am On Nov 23, 2013
egariyi:

In medicine, you dont just start with the highest solution. You start with the simpler and smaller methods and where these fails, then yo can move upward.

Mr. Wazo, what is the percentage of good cells, motility and morphology (shape). IUI can only be achieved on motility of 15% and above. If its lower, then consider ICSI. alternatively, you need to do proper investigations and get the problem corrected with medication to enable your wife achieve natural conception.

In medicine , it is also right not to experiment with someone whose medical case has been examined and established. Why allow him to waste money for a IUI and the amount they are asking from him is also high. His case is not for iui, he will be wasting his money and time. He should rather save up like Blendy said and go for ICSI. He is not a candidate for IUI and am speaking from experience . My one kobo advise though.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nogen: 10:11am On Nov 23, 2013
pm05337: Everybody join me sing hallelujah!!!!! Jehovah Jireh has done me well!!!!

To God be all the Glory.....Destiny child (Baby girl) has been born....

Thank you all for all your prayers, love and support.....

I pray for all my sisters in the waiting room dat u will all sing a new song in Jesus' name...Amen

bros...how una dey?

Congrats Sir. Finally the bundle of joy is here. She will never lack any good thing in life in Jesus name! Amen. Our love to Madam
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by faithfulwife(f): 11:20am On Nov 23, 2013
Congratulations pm05337 on the birth of your princess. May God provide all that is needed to bring her up.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ayaosagie: 1:20pm On Nov 23, 2013
@smiler thank you for prayers and warm welcome smiley. I say a big Amen to your prayers.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ayaosagie: 1:22pm On Nov 23, 2013
@pm05337 a big congrats to you and your family .
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by strides2014: 1:28pm On Nov 23, 2013
smiler: Big congrats PM. Love to madam and Destiny.

@stride and Ayaosagie welcome, I pray that God will bless you with your heart desires, 10 and 12 years TTC no be joke. I pray that these labourous years you have walked will turn to joy in Jesus name, amen.

Amen! Thanks for the prayers & warm welcome. God bless u & urs...
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by multiply: 2:12pm On Nov 23, 2013
Hello everyone here. Im a nu member here. I was very happy when i stumbled upon this thread and was glad 2 knw that there are pple out there that Ȋ̝̊̅§ in Τ̣̣ђё same journey with me. My stroy Ȋ̝̊̅§ a very long one and i dont even knw where 2 start from. But i will try 2 summarise it as much as possible so that i won't have 2 bore you guys. When i was @ the uni, i've always had irregular periods. I went τ̅☺ a̶̲̥̅ clinic meet with the gyneo, he said that anytime i marry and want 2 start a̶̲̥̅ family, i shld jus go 2 any good gyne so immediately after my wedding, i went τ̅☺ a̶̲̥̅ hospital in abuja with one of my aunt, and Ȋ̝̊̅† was there i was disgonised with pcos. I also did hsg andd tubes were all very ok. I was placed on clomid for 5 cycles. I was also placed on metformin and none seem τ̅☺ work for me. My DH SA was not all that good then and he was placed on proceed too which worked like magic for him. Have been TTc for 8 yrs now. Have done 3 failed ivf in all and all 2 no avail. My 1st ivf was @ nisa with dr shuabiua when he was still with them in 2007, 12 eggs were retrieved,7 fertilized 4 lived upto day 3 and 3 were transfred. that cycle failed as my af came out a̶̲̥̅ day b4 the test. The nxt year 2008, i did yet anoda ivf which failed too.after the 2 failed ivf's dr shauibau placed me on ferti aid cos he was the person that was bringing Ȋ̝̊̅† in into abuja. He said that i had chances of conceiving natural since i was in my 20's then. I took like 4 and yet norring happend. My hubby took addyzoa which i will always recommend for men cos its very very good. His SA increased from 5million 2 61million now. End of season 1. Season 2 will continue later.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ayaosagie: 5:26pm On Nov 23, 2013
Hi @multiply you are welcome. I'm a newbie on this forum as well. I found the forum extremely informative that's why I joined. Sorry to hear about your experience sad and I really hope things work out for you and everyone else too. I'm sure you must know a lot about PCOS, but my girlfriend has the same diagnosis and she stays clear of carbs, eats a lot of fruits and vegetables . This link may also be useful http://www.pcosdietsupport.com/. Take care .
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by multiply: 5:41pm On Nov 23, 2013
Sowie guys for my typo errors. Was in such a̶̲̥̅ hurry 2 off load my heart that i didnt rem 2 proof read.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by strides2014: 6:54pm On Nov 23, 2013
Hello Multiply,

Wonderful name u've got, because u shall surely multiply & replenish the earth as the Lord promised.

From the season 1 I see u've been thru so much, I hope the story gets better in S2.

Looks like it's unofficial newbie day on the thread smiley
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by smiler(f): 7:16pm On Nov 23, 2013
@Multiply I believe you should first sort out the PCOS before doing any ART.

I know someone who had it, her first IVF failed then she met a doctor who sorted out the PCOS. 3 natural conception and delivery followed after.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by multiply: 7:18pm On Nov 23, 2013
Part 2: so after the 2nd failed ivf, i was so deverstated and heartbroken. Amidst Ȋ̝̊̅†, i was taking one herb or the oda. Always going 4 any church programme where i dimmed Ȋ̝̊̅† fit. Was always doing fasting and prayer for God 2 enable me conceive naturally but all 2 no avail. Time was flying by like no man's biz.@ a̶̲̥̅ point, i told my self that after that yr and nothin, i we will hv 2 adopt and that we did come the followin yr a̶̲̥̅ beautiful cute lil baby girl when she was 4 days old. We did anoda ivf in anoda hospital dis year with an egg donor and Ȋ̝̊̅† failed yet again. I've bEen doing quiet some serious prayers now. So what i asking the house Ȋ̝̊̅§ there anything i shld do differently. Or something im not getting right. I don't even knw the next step 2 take cos im afraid of failing again. I knw that many pple have done Ȋ̝̊̅† severally b4 getting BFP. But my own Is that we are not all that bouyant enough. Tried τ̅☺ cut the whole story short. Pls if anyone has a̶̲̥̅ piece of advice on anything, they shld share with me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (426) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.