Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:11 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1296907 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (425) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fruitfulmum: 9:19pm On Nov 04, 2013
I just knew it that God has been baking sweet testimony for us on this thread during the long silence.

Oviasouth your testimony is covered with the blood of Jesus no evil will come near thee or thy hiding place.I wish you a healthy 9months.
Congratulations am very happy for you.

@damsell.May the lord keep you and yours.
Enjoy ur bump.
By God grace u will carry to term.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pm05337(m): 10:20pm On Nov 04, 2013
Congratulations my sisters for the bfps.....Awesome God we serve.......it's not Over till we all win by His special grace...

I pray for my other sisters in the waiting room you are all next in line.....bible verses to key into -Psalm 127:3 and Psalm 102:13 .

Hey bro....how family?

Countdown to the d-day.....our month of fulfilment in Jesus's name. Amen
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 8:20am On Nov 05, 2013
@Damsel, a big congratulations and happy gestation period, our God will keep and sustain you till you bring forth that miracle. It is well with you in Jesus name...... Amen.
@pm05337, we are doing very well. The experience is awesome to say the least, enough sleepless night though but it is real fun. I am happy you too will soon be there, my regards to madam and I hope the LO is kicking very well in there.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by faithfulwife(f): 10:13am On Nov 05, 2013
Congratulations oviasouth and damsell. Your stories are so inspiring. May God see you both all through your 9months in pregnancy.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by subzidi: 5:40pm On Nov 05, 2013
@ Damsel/Ovia:
I have an igbo song for you both!! My theme song for my baby dedication: Otua ka Chineke anyi di, agidigbaaaa eeeeee ehheeehhh agidigba eeehhhe!!!
Omineverything has done it again! You both have over come by the blood of the lamb and will carry to term+deliver like the Hebrew!

God is awesome and still very much in the business of doing us good! Congrats babes!!!

@Bro Inwagobio: Hail the 3star generals for Mummy Sub-zidi oooo, Blendy ---i see you wink (Rute for Miss Sub-zidi jnr come 2033) grin Yes you heard my daughters go marry by 20/21years fiammmm!! heheheheh

Baby dust my pretty moma's been chilling and hustling for money for my unborn Ajebutters(Kosisochukwu,Kamsiyochukwu and Chimamnda)!!
We are nearer to the goal than we ever know....one love

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nogen: 9:18pm On Nov 05, 2013
Oviasouth and Damsel, Congratulationsssss.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Rute(f): 9:04am On Nov 06, 2013
Congrants oviasouth and damsel faithful is our God

@sub zidi hehehehe it will happen oooo our God is not a lier he will do it for all of us
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 9:11am On Nov 06, 2013
Subzidy don kill me with laugh this moni. If ur Pikin no gree marry by 20 nko?
Rute, u share same name with my boy o, and the boy worry no be small. Although he's very smart and faster than his elder bros. At a point I thought subsidy was refering to my Rut bobolicious. It is well jare, God go do am for all of us.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Rute(f): 9:17am On Nov 06, 2013
@ blendy yes she was refering to yo Rute sub zidi is very funny we will soon join you to parenthood my sister
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by harbiee: 9:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
Congrats ladies, I honestly tried so hard to hold on to tears frm dropping wit dis testinonies, I am completely happy for both of u and I pray dat the Lord shall see u thru and u shall ave d cause to glorify his name, may he visit d rest of us still on his waiting list
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 6:49am On Nov 07, 2013
Congrats to oviasouth and damsell. I pray the joy that enter your family will be apermanent one amen. Oviasouth did u see the msg i sent u yesterday.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Moyinoluwa83: 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2013
@Oviasuth and Damsel, Big congratulations. God is great!!! I am soooooooooooo happy for you. May God bless you.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by fruitfulmama: 8:16pm On Nov 07, 2013
good evening all
please will like to know if anyone has used the ark fertility centre in dolphin
i am hoping for a bfp, so need to be sure am in the right place
thank you
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Amazon1012(f): 11:52am On Nov 08, 2013
Gud morning all you wonderful peeps.
Congrats to OviaS n Damsel, may d Lord grant u a healthy 9-mth trip IJN, amen.
@oga InwangO, how's d home front - dw n d generals?
@Blendy, I troway salute o, how ar d guys doing, being 'boys' I guess?
@d rest of d household, keep faith n hope alive. God's got our backs n @ his own time (which is now)
he makes all things beautiful.
Shalom
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 3:24pm On Nov 08, 2013
VENUSS: Congrats Oviasouth, may God see you through a safe pregnancy/delivery. Wishing you triplets.
Hmm! No wonder I have been thinking of you and abibby recently.
@abibby hope you are doing good.

@blendy, how are the boys, hope they are very well now.
@nwangobio, how are the triplets and madam. My love to them.
@vennus tanx dear am doing good, av been very busy. Dont worry our time is now. Wishing everyone the best in whatever they are doing.

Have a blessed week you all.

@vennus am fine dear, just that av been busy. Dont worry our time is now. With God all things are possible, Wishing everyone all the best.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by fruitfulmama: 9:29pm On Nov 08, 2013
[quote author=Blendy77]My Sisters and Brothers, this thread has been so quiet of late. What's happening? where is everyone? I had an official assignment in the US and decided to travel with my boys. It was one wahala and sickness after the other. The last wahala was very high temperature the whole of last week which eventually turned into measles for one of the boys. To say it was frightening is the least as these boys hardly fall ill while here. Anyways we are back and the rashes is gradually clearing off.
On return to naija over the weekend, I met this lovely lady that I just feel the urge to share her testimony just to encourage someone. I have asked her to come join us and share her story herself because we've had so many bad news of late and I know a lot of people are gradually giving up. But my Dears, there are times we give up on God and feel or assume we are facing the worse until we hear somebody else's story and thank God that at least ours isnt that bad.
Ok this lady, let's call her Mrs XYZ. We were attracted to each other thru our babies, twins on my part and 2 sets of twins on her part. A colleague introduced us and we got gisting. And of course the whole gist was centered on twins, babies, twins.... Mrs XYZ told me how she did IVF 8 times in her 11 years of marriage and all were BFN. She travelled far and wide, from Bridge in Nigeria to South African's cape town fertility to UK and to the US totalling 8 procedures and all were negative. You can imagine what she must have gone through. She said she cried so much after a BFN in south africa that a woman she has never met before kept banging on her door and consoling her from outside (according to her, she said its like people in that area knew Cape town fertility patients always occupy that particular apartment so they are used to wailings when people get BFN). Hmmmmm, I can imagine.
Mrs XYZ gave up and just decided to take a break for a while only for her to discover months later that she was pregnant without any ivf, drugs or procedure. As if that was not enough, she gave birth to a set of twins. A boy and a girl. Mrs XYZ's babies were not up to a year when she discovered she was pregnant again and this time around, she gave birth to another set of twins, 2 girls. My Sisters, you need to see goose pimples all over my body as I was hearing her and seeing the beautiful kids God decided to bless her with after 11yrs of marriage. She said, "my Dear, see me na, me too am discussing family planning cos my husband doesnt want to hear am pregnant again." Her kids are 2yrs+ for the first set while the 2nd set of twins is just 5m.
I decided to share her story cos most of us must have doubted God at one time or the other. Even me, am a culprit after several failed ivf. I told Mrs XYZ that God must have really been laughing at us all those years we were crying and wailing after each failed ivf. He must have been saying, if only my children know what I have in store for them, they wont even waste their tears. Am still waiting for my new freind Mrs XYZ to come on board, cos I know our faith needs to be strenghtened seriously. God bless all waiting mothers in this house and give you all mind blowing testimonies IJN. Amen![/quote

God is indeed faithful
i really do understand how mrs xyz felt the period she got a bfn
but our Elshadia still proved Himself
having goose bumps already
to imagine that it was even natural conception
Ebube
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by fruitfulmama: 9:35pm On Nov 08, 2013
oviasouth: good morning all, its been a while i posted but i still read and get updated with everyone's posts. am sorry for those that had bfn's and suffered losses........its a matter of time and every of our dreams will come to pass.
i want to use this opportunity to testify on the goodness of God upon my life. even when i lost all hope and felt God was not there-but he's always there. he know's best and makes all things beautiful in its time. i got my bfp from my 5th ivf for those who dont knw my story. 1st ivf-bfp(miscarriage), 2nd, 3rd(BFN), 4th-no fertilisation. i thought my world had crumbled and things were getting worse since i dint even get to ET.mind you everyone said i was so young(27yrs) so y was it not working out. God turned my captivity around in the 5th cycle and i got my bfp-that is not the end of story oh...........i like to talk about diagnosis since i used to be interested when people get their bfp's to know their physical challenges cos it gives hope to those with similar issues.i was diagnosed with endometriosis and adenomyosis also low count for dh. am sorry for the long post but am not finished yet coz after bfp some other stories followed which i feel will be helpful to others. will be right back.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
congrats dear
God has put the devil to shame in your life
your testimonies will not cease
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 8:42pm On Nov 10, 2013
Venus and Amazon, the boys are good, having fun scattering and destroying anything in sight. Its not easy chasing them everywhere but we thank God. At least no be hospital things for now.

Fruitfulmama, that clinic the Ark, I wrote something about them on the "cost of IVF" thread. The lady was with Bridge and Rodding before opening the place. I havent really seen much BFPs from that end as such, though I cant make a conclusion with the few people I know who have used them to say they have low bfp. But they played a fast one on one of my senior friends who paid over N1.3m for IVF+donor eggs. After all the trouble she still got a BFN.

Safe, about that Mama Helen, I heard that is what she charges. I dont think it includes tests and orthdox medicine. Heard its herbs and massage tins. Its quite expensive sha for native medicine but you know this is Lagos and its nowhere compared to IVF price. So if person get result with N120k, its not so bad afterall. Me na N2500 I use do herbal cleansing for warri so my head dey turn when I hear all this price but then na Pikin mata be this.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 1:30pm On Nov 11, 2013
Subzidy, Venus, and all those who were my bb contacts, please resend your pin to me via email. i mistakenly wiped out all my contacts while transfering contacts to a new fon with the help of the boys grin. Send your pin to ruonar2000@yahoo.com as the old fon is no longer valid.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by fruitfulmama: 10:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
@blendy77 thank you so much
i actually read your post on that day
but wanted to confirm cos it seems like people hardly go there
this is my second attempt with her
thou she is ok,but the money involved isnt easy to get
so am just hoping she knows what she is doing
kisses to Ryan and Bryan
tanx alot
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kingsdaughter: 3:38pm On Nov 14, 2013
opejay: Hi good women,
I stumbled on this thread few months ago and ive recommended to others in the waiting room and I read n pray for everyone here regularly(though silent moves)....I rejoice with the numerous testimonies and thank God for all He will still do.
I got married Dec 2005 and our beautiful bundle of Joy arrived April 2010. We lived in South Africa then and docs had said it was impossible for me to conceive naturally due to blocked tubes. In 2009, we decided to try IVF and had an August date booked but by Aug 3rd, I was 5wks pregnant. While waiting for my IVF appointment, an older friend asked me to take Inofolic (it's in individual sachet and u just pour in water).
I took it for less than a month and I was pregnant. Fast-forward to 2012, we had relocated back to Nigeria (DH office posting) and I took the Inofolic for few days during ovulation and I conceived again and gave birth Feb 2013 though the baby died the following day due to 'the naija factor' health system (story for another day).

Wish I could upload a pic of d sachet as u have 30 in d pack. It's sold in Clicks Pharmacy or Dischem Pharmacy in SA for about R280 per pack of 30.

I had to post dis because of the fruitful woman's mail (childless).....it kept me awake because I felt her pain so deep!
You can google Inofolic to read more about it, I told few friends while in SA but it didn't work for them..... but it did for me.

I pray for many many many more amazing testimonies.....you r not alone!

So I got pregnitude(inofolic) and Femaprin started it last saturday. My period is about 14 days late if i have to count from my breakthrough period last month till today. I have only taken the supplements for 4 days and to my suprise, i started cramping this morning...my period is here!! I am so happy. Thanks for the recommendation @opejay I am positive my period will be stable with this and i will get my BFP! baby dust to all of us!

@inwangobio how are the triplets doing ? our love to them!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by meme5: 6:40pm On Nov 14, 2013
Good day all. How ar we al doing? May God ease our affairs. Pls does anyone know about the hope valley fertility center? Their success rate and the cost.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by AwesomeGod123: 7:08pm On Nov 14, 2013
@kingsdaugther
Pls where did u get the two drugs,I stay in lagos.pls reply
@all God is on the throne.it is well
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kingsdaughter: 9:39am On Nov 15, 2013
[quote author=AwesomeGod123]@kingsdaugther
Pls where did u get the two drugs,I stay in lagos.pls reply
@all God is on the throne.it is well

[/quote

I got them from America. My husband travelled and i just ordered them to his hotel room. Got them from www.walgreens.com
I am really positive about them. let me mention that before october my last AF came in November of 2012.(PCOS) It came all by it own in october and didnt come as at when due in november. i knew i was going back to square 1 but not without a fight. My husband brought the supplements last week friday and boom AF was pushed out!

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by smiler(f): 7:07am On Nov 19, 2013
Cushion of the Sea

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging." (Psalm 46:1-3)

Several years ago a submarine was being tested and had to remain submerged for many hours.  When it returned to the harbor, the captain was asked, "How did the terrible storm last night affect you?"  The officer looked at him in surprise and exclaimed, "Storm? We didn't even know there was one!"  The sub had been so far beneath the surface that it had reached the area known to sailors as "the cushion of the sea."  Although the ocean may be whipped into huge waves by high winds, the waters below are never stirred.

Being a Christian doesn't deliver us from the trials and troubles of life because we live in a broken world where it rains on the just as well as the unjust.  However, our faith in Christ gives us an anchor in the storm and a hiding place in the shadow of his wings.  As David the Psalmist prayed, "Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy! I look to you for protection. I will hide beneath the shadow of your wings until this violent storm is past."  Psalm 57:1-2

Suggested prayer: "Dear God, in the words of the hymn writer, 'When the storms of life are raging, Stand by me; When the world is tossing me like a ship upon the sea.  Thou Who rulest wind and water, Stand by me.' And when the storms of life are raging, help me to put my trust in you so I will find a sense of calm and inner peace regardless of the circumstances that are threatening to drown me. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in Jesus' name, Amen."

@all rest in God. Your miracle is here, God's word always comes to pass.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by zarammum: 11:45am On Nov 19, 2013
Goodmorning wonderful people.
I have been a silent reader of this thread for months now.
pls my people, I need your help. I have been ttc for 4yrs now. HSG said one of my enemies tube is blocked.
I have done flusing, twice, no show. My doctor asked me to do Laparoscopy after my next af.
pls has anyone done Laparoscopy before? if yes, what is the procedure, Is it like HSG? where did you do it and how much.
am so sorry for coming in for the first time with too many wahala.

God bless and guide you all.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by myzone: 5:59pm On Nov 19, 2013
@blendy,

where @ thou. God bless u real good
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kike100: 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2013
@zaramum, its around 350k and 440k
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fruitfulmum: 7:11pm On Nov 19, 2013
@zaramum av done it before .will I say its as painful as hsg ? I don't think so cos I was given pain killer and valion(spelling) to make me drowsy.

A dye was also used and a small cut on my navel and a camera inserted into to see while u watch the dye move in the television screen..

I did mine at the teaching hospital it cost plus medication was less than 35k can't remember precisely.but didn't pay upto 35k I tink like 32k sha.....
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 9:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
My zone. Am good and very much around. Been a bit busy of late but I still find time to pop in once in a while.

Zara mum, the procedure is not too different from hsg in that they both strive to see the condition of the fallopian tube. The major difference is that u're put to sleep and a small incision is made under ur navel (like a mini surgery) thru which dye is passed thru the tubes and it's viewed from a screen to check if they flow down the tubes or not. When I did mine at omni, it was about N90k or so in 2008. Don't know what they charge now but if uch does it for 35k then it's really cheap. Check google.
Kike 350-450k is rather on the high side sha. U sure na naija u do am? Just kidding cos I was really like wondering what the clinic will charge for CS if ordinary lap & die costs that much. All our 2014 mama's in the house, I hail o!

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (425) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.