Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,713 members, 7,930,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 06:21 PM

Who Should I Believe In This Case?? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Should I Believe In This Case?? (938 Views)

Why Should I Believe In Christianity? / What Would Jesus Do In This Case? / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by LordReed(m): 5:48pm On Jul 22, 2023
Maynman:

Iā€™m glad they did not say it was jesus that wrote those books, if they had said it na another wahala be that šŸ˜‚

If they knew mohammed that could not read and write could get away with writing the quran eloquently, those early christian fathers would have said jesus wrote NT too šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

LMAO! Yeah. Christianity was dress rehearsal for Islam. Muslims pushed the envelope in ways Christians could only dream about.
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Maynman: 5:50pm On Jul 22, 2023
LordReed:

LMAO! Yeah. Christianity was dress rehearsal for Islam. Muslims pushed the envelope in ways Christians could only dream about.
And the way this thing is going, they keep pushing the bar šŸ˜‚.

Have you noticed that most new religions come from USA?
Jehovah witness
Mormor
Etc.
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by LordReed(m): 6:10pm On Jul 22, 2023
Maynman:

Jehovah witness
Mormor
Etc.

Well anywhere gullible people are gathered some conman must emerge to take advantage.

1 Like

Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Jul 22, 2023
IyanuDeb:
ā–  it says Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change in James, so I believe everything good comes from God and hardwork, as for the devil blessing someone,
ā–  I've argued it on countless times that it's not possible for even the prophets of Baal couldn't invoke their all so mighty God but I'm mostly criticized in church whenever I say that
1. James said that in reference to the Holy(perfect) and Righteous(good) gifts that are given by God .e.g The Holy Spirit aka the Spirit of Truth. The things of this world which OP boasts of having as neither Holy(perfect) nor Righteous(good) since they are not of the Kingdom of God. The things of this world do not come down from Heaven. undecided

2. Baal didn't answer them yet you are convinced the devil answers prayers? undecided
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Kobojunkie: 6:32pm On Jul 22, 2023
LordReed:
ā–  Worry is the wrong word. I am curious how you resolve these issue, it doesn't make a difference to me though since like I already stated, the god nor Jesus wrote not a single word.
Curious is one thing but after these many years, you are beyond that. I remember explaining my belief to you back in 2020. This is 2023 and you are still asking me to explain the same thing to you meaning this is beyond mere curiosity for you. undecided
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Myer(m): 6:33pm On Jul 22, 2023
Sermwell:
Immediately after school, a cousin gifted me some money which I invested in distribution of PMS(fuel). Before I began the business, I told my parents about it and asked for thier prayers. My dad is a heavy traditionalist, who visits some traditional medicine men, while my mum is a very strong christain.

Fast forward to 7 years later, I became very successful in the the business and also invested in other businesses. I made my big break during Buhari's tenure, and I can say I'm very comfortable financially. Apart from sending money to my parents every month for thier upkeep, I also send money to my mum for seed sowing, tithes and some other church donations, while I also send money to my dad for his routine "appeasing the gods" and some other financial obligations to his medicine men.
Last week, I decided to visit home and when it was night time for gist and all, my dad started thanking the gods for thier hands in my success and bragged that his medicine men are very powerful and have the ears of the gods , and that as long as him and his medicine men are alive, I will continue to prosper in my business and legal practice. My mum on the other hand, insisted it was the Almighty God she serves that has been blessing me courtesy of her prayers, fasting and seed sowing.
I'm not a very religious person, but my both parents sounded convincing that thier prayers and spiritual activities is largely responsible for my success. On my flight back to my base, I was wondering who could be right among them.

Who do you think is right in this case?

It's a bit difficult for me to say, but neither you nor your mom is a believer.
You're only enriching pastors.

So you should attribute your financial success to the gods of your dad.

Cos Jesus Christ is not as interested in your financial success as much as your eternal success.
His presence in your home would have destabilised the gods of your dad.
Your dad would either have converted and renounced his gods or renounced you and your mom.

There really can't be coexistence between Light and Darkness.
One has to bow for the other. Unfortunately your dad's gods rule your household.
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Sermwell(m): 7:51pm On Jul 22, 2023
Myer:

It's a bit difficult for me to say, but neither you nor your mom is a believer.
You're only enriching pastors.

So you should attribute your financial success to the gods of your dad.

Cos Jesus Christ is not as interested in your financial success as much as your eternal success.
His presence in your home would have destabilised the gods of your dad.
Your dad would either have converted and renounced his gods or renounced you and your mom.

There really can't be coexistence between Light and Darkness.
One has to bow for the other. Unfortunately your dad's gods rule your household.

You're obviously saying this because you're a christain! I guess a traditionalist or Muslim will have a different view or even a superior argument!

Don't you think so?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by LordReed(m): 8:50pm On Jul 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Curious is one thing but after these many years, you are beyond that. I remember explaining my belief to you back in 2020. This is 2023 and you are still asking me to explain the same thing to you meaning this is beyond mere curiosity for you. undecided

You have not explained how you reconcile your distrust of men and your belief that the words you claim are the word of god were written by men.

1 Like

Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Kobojunkie: 8:53pm On Jul 22, 2023
LordReed:
ā–  You have not explained how you reconcile your distrust of men and your belief that the words you claim are the word of god were written by men.
I did that back in 2020 and we both moved on from that conversation afterwards. Only for you to show up feigning amnesia many months later as though I owed you some other explanation for my belief. I don't owe you an explanation that will make sense to you really. undecided
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Myer(m): 8:57pm On Jul 22, 2023
Sermwell:

You're obviously saying this because you're a christain! I guess a traditionalist or Muslim will have a different view or even a superior argument!

Don't you think so?

Sure, others will.
I can only speak the Truth according to Scriptures, experience and testimonies.
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by kkins25(m): 9:09pm On Jul 22, 2023
LordReed:

You have not explained how you reconcile your distrust of men and your belief that the words you claim are the word of god were written by men.
Apparently, people can hold opposing beliefs and not go mad. grin grin grin
I share posts about not sponsoring babe until you're married but don't live that reality.

Kobo beliefs are strictly based on words written by men, and compiled by other men whom are no different from the Daddy GOs of today. grin grin grin grin

He trust that the books written 100 plus years after jesus' death are of unattestable credibility and serve as foundation to which kobo based their beliefs and sense of morality on. I suppose it has nothing to do with born in a Christian environment and descendants of Christian ancestors. It was all a careful deduction after serving Allah, Ba'al, Zeus, and thousands others, but only Jehova proved himself the one true God. Kobo amazes me!

2 Likes

Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by budaatum: 10:32pm On Jul 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Learn to keep your opinions out of these discussions please. Everything I have stated is as written in scripture. Op's mother is one of those who claim to believe scripture is holy meaning she assumes scripture ought to be seen as god over her every action, so your private opinions and claimed experiences should not matter at all here. undecided

I think you fail to comprehend what personal opinions are, is what I think, or you would not be skiing me to keep my personal opinion out of a thread where all we do is state our personal opinion. And I say that despite your claim to authority of scripture to hide the fact that your opinion of the ops mother is precisely your own personal opinion, unless you want to claim you got a memo from God.

Kobojunkie:
ā–  As for what God's Law, Jesus Christ, says in regards to Judging, Jesus Christ did say, "Judge not, lest though be judged" He also insisted that His followers Judge not according to outward appearances, but rather Judge everything according to God's standard of right. You cannot logically insist on the just the one rule while pretending you have spoken all of God's Truth now can you? Anyways, God's Law is God's standard of righteousness and all who follow Him will be judged by the Law.... the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ . undecided
There is absolutely nothing the op's mother has done that goes against God's law, unless you know something about the op's mother I don't know. Even her marriage to a traditionalist is not against God's law and may be what God wants of her. Besides, God may decide to forgive her and make her righteous regardless, for God is merciful and wise.
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by budaatum: 10:35pm On Jul 22, 2023
Maynman:

Jehovah witness
Mormor
Etc.

Flat earth, UFOs, Dump won, massive debt.
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Kobojunkie: 10:43pm On Jul 22, 2023
budaatum:
ā–  I think you fail to comprehend what personal opinions are, is what I think, or you would not be skiing me to keep my personal opinion out of a thread where all we do is state our personal opinion. And I say that despite your claim to authority of scripture to hide the fact that your opinion of the ops mother is precisely your own personal opinion, unless you want to claim you got a memo from God.
ā–  There is absolutely nothing the op's mother has done that goes against God's law, unless you know something about the op's mother I don't know. Even her marriage to a traditionalist is not against God's law and may be what God wants of her. Besides, God may decide to forgive her and make her righteous regardless, for God is merciful and wise.
1. I have absolutely no opinion of OP's mother since I never met her before and beyond this thread will probably never remember even OP. I simply judge what OP claims she said against what is written in scripture. And Scripture is quite clear that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous. I asked you earlier if you believe the God whose law is written to have declared this so is a liar, and you came back with a vague response that is not here nor there. undecided

2. According to OP, his mother is a religious person who lives according to the doctrines and traditions of men ā€” lies ā€” which Jesus Christ proclaimed are against Him aka antiChrist. As a matter of fact, Jesus Christ said that all those who cling to religion as hypocrites - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 10 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. They follow human traditions and ideas in place of God's actual commandments and teachings. Surely, you understand how that which is against God cannot be said to be of God. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by LordReed(m): 9:30am On Jul 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I did that back in 2020 and we both moved on from that conversation afterwards. Only for you to show up feigning amnesia many months later as though I owed you some other explanation for my belief. I don't owe you an explanation that will make sense to you really. undecided

Are you sure?

Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by LordReed(m): 9:39am On Jul 23, 2023
kkins25:

Apparently, people can hold opposing beliefs and not go mad. grin grin grin
I share posts about not sponsoring babe until you're married but don't live that reality.

Kobo beliefs are strictly based on words written by men, and compiled by other men whom are no different from the Daddy GOs of today. grin grin grin grin

He trust that the books written 100 plus years after jesus' death are of unattestable credibility and serve as foundation to which kobo based their beliefs and sense of morality on. I suppose it has nothing to do with born in a Christian environment and descendants of Christian ancestors. It was all a careful deduction after serving Allah, Ba'al, Zeus, and thousands others, but only Jehova proved himself the one true God. Kobo amazes me!

Kobojunkie is indeed amazing, that's why I like our conversations. LoLz.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Kobojunkie: 11:43am On Jul 23, 2023
LordReed:
ā–  Are you sure?
Maybe I was off on the year. Try 2021 then. I know this took place some years back. undecided
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by IyanuDeb(f): 3:39pm On Jul 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. James said that in reference to the Holy(perfect) and Righteous(good) gifts that are given by God .e.g The Holy Spirit aka the Spirit of Truth. The things of this world which OP boasts of having as neither Holy(perfect) nor Righteous(good) since they are not of the Kingdom of God. The things of this world do not come down from Heaven. undecided

2. Baal didn't answer them yet you are convinced the devil answers prayers? undecided
God is responsible for everything, I think someone read me a verse like that, job was wealthy, the devil wasn't allowed to manipulate any of his fortune without God's permission, God gave him permission and the devil took jobs wealth away, so I believe whether God or bad, it's God's decision, the devil doesn't have a say in people's lives
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by budaatum: 4:35pm On Jul 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I have absolutely no opinion of OP's mother since I never met her before and beyond this thread will probably never remember even OP. I simply judge what OP claims she said against what is written in scripture. And Scripture is quite clear that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous. I asked you earlier if you believe the God whose law is written to have declared this so is a liar, and you came back with a vague response that is not here nor there. undecided
I don't think a God's judgement works the same way your judgement works. I think a God would compensate for the understanding level of the individual before judging and passing sentences on transgressors, as the Judaic God appeared to do in the case of Cain and David and as Jesus did with the thief he was crucified with.

I just can't see a God who asks it's worshippers to turn the other cheek 70 times 70 times not forgiving a few transgressions of its own laws, and a God that does not forgive is a hypocrite.

Kobojunkie:

2. According to OP, his mother is a religious person who lives according to the doctrines and traditions of men ā€” lies ā€” which Jesus Christ proclaimed are against Him aka antiChrist. As a matter of fact, Jesus Christ said that all those who cling to religion as hypocrites - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 10 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. They follow human traditions and ideas in place of God's actual commandments and teachings. Surely, you understand how that which is against God cannot be said to be of God. undecided
To be a hypocrite, op's mother must know better but do otherwise, and nothing the op has said about his mother has given me any indication that this might be the case.

I actually think op's mother is a human being who lives according to her understandings of the traditions and customs and religions and the culture she lives in, which she must since she and her family must live amongst others in her community. A wise woman who has brought up a healthy minded hardworking individual is what I see here.

As for "God's actual commandments and teachings", humans have argued about this since the beginning of time, which is why there are so many Gods and why even any particular God has different denominations emphasising different understandings of "God's actual commandments and teachings". It's why love your neighbour is second like unto love your God. Like, equally. And despite their different understandings of "God's actual commandments and teachings", which are not as actual, as you seem to think, is my point.

Apart from it being written by individuals with their own understandings of the traditions and customs and religions and the culture in which they lived and wrote in, It evolved, as you might notice, by Christ preaching turn the other cheek as opposed to an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, and the current happenings in one of the main churches that brought the book to Nigeria.

Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by ThothHermes: 5:26pm On Jul 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Your mother is wrong, and this much we know because Scripture is clear that that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the offerings, prayers, praises, vows, tithes, seeds, fasting rituals, etc., of the unrighteous are tainted by the their every sin and hence are an abomination to God who cannot abide unholiness. To top it off, she attempting to share part of the glory that is God by suggesting her efforts made it all possible is yet more sin for her to deal with --- God does not share glory with any man or woman. undecided
I saw this post before I saw the name. I guessed right. šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Kobojunkie: 6:05pm On Jul 23, 2023
IyanuDeb:
God is responsible for everything, I think someone read me a verse like that, job was wealthy, the devil wasn't allowed to manipulate any of his fortune without God's permission, God gave him permission and the devil took jobs wealth away, so I believe whether God or bad, it's God's decision, the devil doesn't have a say in people's lives
Yes, God is the one who pours out his favor/kindness on all mankind daily, even on the wicked and on the ungrateful meaning that one doesn't even need to say a single prayer in order for God to reveal His kindness to them. Athiests, unbelievers, Satan worshipers, religious folks ....everyone enjoys God's kindness every day so it can't be Satan giving anything. undecided
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Janosky: 9:03pm On Jul 23, 2023
LordReed:

Well anywhere gullible people are gathered some conman must emerge to take advantage.

Nah con man dey convert dem to Atheism.
You get liver to Swear you don't read Atheist published materials?
grin grin grin
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by LordReed(m): 10:47pm On Jul 23, 2023
Janosky:

Nah con man dey convert dem to Atheism.
You get liver to Swear you don't read Atheist published materials?
grin grin grin

If it is a matter of simply reading materials, why has everybody who has read a JW publication not become JW?
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by budaatum: 5:05pm On Jul 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Yes, God is the one who pours out his favor/kindness on all mankind daily, even on the wicked and on the ungrateful meaning that one doesn't even need to say a single prayer in order for God to reveal His kindness to them. Athiests, unbelievers, Satan worshipers, religious folks ....everyone enjoys God's kindness every day so it can't be Satan giving anything. undecided

This was precisely my point, Kobojunkie. I wouldn't put it more precise, except add, if gods exist and are responsible for the "favor/kindness on all mankind daily".

My thinking is we humans don't actually know, and just fill the gap in our knowledge with God. Hence my love of Christ who is written to have taught ā€œAsk, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened", especially if that sought is Wisdom, as in the proper understanding of the knowledge that leads to it such as that which made Solomon make the better request.
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Kobojunkie: 7:10pm On Jul 24, 2023
budaatum:
ā–  This was precisely my point, Kobojunkie. I wouldn't put it more precise, except add, if gods exist and are responsible for the "favor/kindness on all mankind daily".
ā–  My thinking is we humans don't actually know, and just fill the gap in our knowledge with God. Hence my love of Christ who is written to have taught ā€œAsk, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened", especially if that sought is Wisdom, as in the proper understanding of the knowledge that leads to it such as that which made Solomon make the better request.
What I pointed out in my other comment is what God is written to have made clear in scripture, and Jesus Christ affirmed this as well in Matthew 6. If you aren't even sure God exists then all you are doing is playing religion, and anyone who is aware knows I am anti religion. undecided

2. Again, pocket your opinions when issues of God are raised and focus on stating that which is in fact written as is written, please. undecided
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by budaatum: 11:15pm On Jul 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What I pointed out in my other comment is what God is written.

No god wrote anything, kobo. Humans wrote their own opinions and told you to believe God wrote it.
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Kobojunkie: 11:17pm On Jul 24, 2023
budaatum:
No god wrote anything, kobo. Humans wrote their own opinions and told you to believe God wrote it.
Again....
Kobojunkie:
What I pointed out in my other comment is what God is written to have made clear in scripture, and Jesus Christ affirmed this as well in Matthew 6. If you aren't even sure God exists then all you are doing is playing religion, and anyone who is aware knows I am anti religion. undecided

2. Again, pocket your opinions when issues of God are raised and focus on stating that which is in fact written as is written, please. undecided
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by budaatum: 11:21pm On Jul 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Again....

You can repeat your belief and opinion as much as you like. Fact is, no gods wrote anything.

1 Like

Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by Kobojunkie: 11:23pm On Jul 24, 2023
budaatum:
ā–  You can repeat your belief and opinion as much as you like. Fact is, no gods wrote anything.
Look, if you cannot handle the content of Scripture, then move on undecided
Re: Who Should I Believe In This Case?? by budaatum: 11:29pm On Jul 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Look, if you cannot handle the content of Scripture, then move on undecided

It is not the content of scripture that is at issue here but you assuming your own opinion is scripture.

Humans wrote scripture and it is their own opinion and understanding that they wrote. It is rather silly to think they were gods, but if you can't handle that, then you move on instead of telling me to.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Missing Soulmate (A Faith-based Story) / This Is Why Satan And His Demonic Spirits Are Obsessed With Blood Sacrifice / But What Do You Think About It As A Christian Or Muslim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.