Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,938 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:53 AM

Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure (22324 Views)

Advise, My Father Sold His House And Moved To The Village Now He Wants To Leave / Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? / My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by EconomistXplain: 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2023
ajimo54:

I lost all my uncles when they relocated to the village. My father after his retirement in 1999 never went to the village. He stayed back in the city! Today is 87 years. Healthwise, village life in Nigeria is not ideal.

there i a teaching hospital or a federal medical center in every state of the federation....so health wise Nigeria is slightly equal...

that is not an excuse

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Reinamaria(f): 4:27pm On Jul 25, 2023
EconomistXplain:
i grew up in in a compound of 13 families nd so mny children running around...my parents are the oldest ...the families there are majorities Deltan nd yorubas...

when my dat reach seventy he talked my mom into relocation to the village as he says lagos is now too fast for him to even cross the roads...mum grudgingly accepted ...

he shared same ideas with his fellow parents nd they replied they are still too young to go...the Deltans said..ppl dint go back home to delta once u leave for the cities....now its 25years later...

only my mum nd Dad are alive among all the other 12 parents...they all died som of stroke, some accident, some cancer, some kidney.....

my both parents are still alive at 91 nd 83....

Wow! 😲
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by opera1(m): 4:27pm On Jul 25, 2023
It's a great backward going back to the village
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by LUAN(m): 4:27pm On Jul 25, 2023
XtraFortunes:
The city and urban areas in general have more opportunities.

So if you cannot make it in a place where there are more opportunities is it in a place where there are fewer that you will now make it?

This is the general thinking. This also applies to those who return to 9ja from abroad. It is true sometimes, while at other times it is not true
there is so much opportunity 8n the village too, except your village doesn't have farm Land

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by juman(m): 4:29pm On Jul 25, 2023
Move to village is not bad idea.
You might be making a wise decision.
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by LUAN(m): 4:29pm On Jul 25, 2023
ecolime:

Opportunities are limited in villages. It's not really about "defeat"
agriculture is a great opportunity too. If your village have farmland you are good to go
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Melonsmasher: 4:32pm On Jul 25, 2023
Kizyte:
Do you know what it means to be close to your village people? Village people can't accept you if you have not failed!
Mouth of the gods, you speak the truth

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by BigBizzy(m): 4:32pm On Jul 25, 2023
My Guy na failure
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by okoroemeka(m): 4:32pm On Jul 25, 2023
PatEinstEin:
Most Nigerians especially Igbos see the idea of moving back to their hometown as a defeat. If the City (for instance Lagos) becomes very difficult, I don't see anything wrong in relocating. There are people there afterall.

What are your thoughts on this?
Las an igboman I don't believe wholly with what you say,you may not believe but most of villages in the southeast have very good business potentials and there are people making good money there,for example in my village in imo state it is a big construction site,anybody that has money in Nigeria or abroad wants to build a house,that means the building material market,timber shed,artisans,tipper drivers,mechanics,spare parts sellers and fuel station are all doing a roaring business,the igboman can easily adapt to any situation good or bad,I think it is villages in the southwest that will have very little potentials,they don't invest back in their villages infact majority don't even go to their villages dead or alive

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Sirchiboy: 4:33pm On Jul 25, 2023
ajimo54:

Back then in the early 80s, I lost a few of my uncles after they relocated to the village due to ill health. My father after his retirement in 1999 never went to the village. He stayed back in the city! Today is 87 years because he never joked with his doctors' appointments. Healthwise, village life in Nigeria is not ideal. However, if u have a good medical infrastructure in the village, why not? For me, I served in a village called Orokam in Benue State. Honestly, I enjoyed the village life as corper. The serenity, greeness, market days, fresh idoma girls tying wrappers with their singlets with no bra on were good views!
You don suck breast tire for benue

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Exmilitant(m): 4:35pm On Jul 25, 2023
Badooguy:
So where are you from. Or maybe from jupiter
I'm from PH city. Everywhere is filled to capacity.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Tayorshd87: 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2023
PatEinstEin:
Most Nigerians especially Igbos see the idea of moving back to their hometown as a defeat. If the City (for instance Lagos) becomes very difficult, I don't see anything wrong in relocating. There are people there afterall.

There villages are not safe and sit at home is there bro
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Shikena(m): 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2023
2RUTHHURTS:
cheesy Even God instructed Abraham to leave his father's land to be blessed, same way Joseph was blessed in a foreign land, Esther the same.
The Book of Japa 7:1-10

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Exmilitant(m): 4:40pm On Jul 25, 2023
CJStarz:
I guess you're from Port Harcourt city? Come my village nah.

Where is your village? I wouldn't mind undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by juman(m): 4:41pm On Jul 25, 2023
Moving back to your village with determination, you would be more successful than when you dey in the city.
Dont return to village and sit idling doing little.

Go back to the village and work very very very hard.
You can easily get big land mass to farm.

If I return back to my village today, I will surely shine and excel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Exmilitant(m): 4:41pm On Jul 25, 2023
Reinamaria:

Nothing stops you from buying a land in one quiet village and building a house there, you know?
True. I am considering that.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by mastermaestro(m): 4:41pm On Jul 25, 2023
Svoboda:

There are scores of very succesful people with thriving ventures in the village.

Its all about mentality.

Is this a joke or what? How about Tinubu remaining in Iragbiji to hustle? How about Messi remaining in Argentina to play football? How about Ronaldo staying back in Portugal? How about Adeboye staying put in Ifewara? How about Dangote moving all his businesses to Kano? Should I go on or you have gotten the message? cheesy

Maybe you need to study the relationship between opportunities and location. Wetin dey village? Better pack your bags and move where your chances are brightest.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by mekleelex200(m): 4:44pm On Jul 25, 2023
Franzinni:
My plan for village is huge ... Once I can reach certain mile stone, I desire to move into the village and not just the village but into the thick Forrest away from people, I will make sure all the things that I need are available and I will go into serious mechanized farming ... I will have a full plan for Fulani herdsmen I will dedicate a substantial budget to security via technology and I will be extremely ruthless with trespassing. I love solitude and nature and anything that takes me away from humanity, I tried it for a couple of years now and I realized, how much I love staying away from people and the village life will be best, a place where I can wake up in the morning and enjoy the pristine beauty of nature where I can gaze upon the hills and see the morning dew flow through the fingers of the trees. Where I can take a stroll into my farm and pluck fresh food that has no unnatural additives and take a momentary dip in the stream on my property. Wow I am almost moved to tears of joy as I type.... Life away from the monotonous rat race of struggling for money only to spend it on things that don't bring you any fulfilment beyond your desire to oppress your neighbor and be recognized in groups of people who are just as confused as you.

I wish to like this your comment a million times

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by jamesversion: 4:48pm On Jul 25, 2023
Exmilitant:
Honestly, if i have a village i would have relocated for the comfort, quiet and slow paced life.
The hustle and bustle of PH city is killing me.

You don't have a village? Seriously?
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Svoboda(m): 4:49pm On Jul 25, 2023
mastermaestro:

Is this a joke or what? How about Tinubu remaining in Iragbiji to hustle? How about Messi remaining in Argentina to play football? How about Ronaldo staying back in Portugal? How about Adeboye staying put in Ifewara? How about Dangote moving all his businesses to Kano? Should I go on or you have gotten the message? cheesy

Maybe you need to study the relationship between opportunities and location. Wetin dey village? Better pack your bags and move where your chances are brightest.

Some other people have villages in the backwaters of urbanized areas, far flung from civilization. Some have very urbanized cities and towns as their village. You can't come from onitsha or nnewi and be thinking twice about where to start from, if you intend to be a trader.

Chikason and innoson have their businesses located in Nnewi, their ancestral home.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by juman(m): 4:50pm On Jul 25, 2023
In the village, you can do business and be successful.
There are market days in the villages, you can do buying and selling.
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by jamesversion: 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2023
Westernlove:

Black Sooth comes to Mind.

You didn't have to be stvpid.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Exmilitant(m): 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2023
mastermaestro:

You have a shallow mindset.
Where is Obasanjo, Gowon and IBB living in your Abuja and Lagos? Don't they have thriving businesses outside their villages?
So many successful persons in the US lives in the rural part of the US and controls their business empires from there. In these days and age 60% of people in cities may not be successful because of the fierce competition there.
So strategizing from the comfort of the rural area can catapult you to height unimaginable.
A school mate from Cross River state relocated to his community to take charge of his father's palm plantation. Under two years he built houses here in PH and rented them out. Niggar is now exporting palm kernels shell to India.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by LUAN(m): 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2023
Franzinni:
My plan for village is huge ... Once I can reach certain mile stone, I desire to move into the village and not just the village but into the thick Forrest away from people, I will make sure all the things that I need are available and I will go into serious mechanized farming ... I will have a full plan for Fulani herdsmen I will dedicate a substantial budget to security via technology and I will be extremely ruthless with trespassing. I love solitude and nature and anything that takes me away from humanity, I tried it for a couple of years now and I realized, how much I love staying away from people and the village life will be best, a place where I can wake up in the morning and enjoy the pristine beauty of nature where I can gaze upon the hills and see the morning dew flow through the fingers of the trees. Where I can take a stroll into my farm and pluck fresh food that has no unnatural additives and take a momentary dip in the stream on my property. Wow I am almost moved to tears of joy as I type.... Life away from the monotonous rat race of struggling for money only to spend it on things that don't bring you any fulfilment beyond your desire to oppress your neighbor and be recognized in groups of people who are just as confused as you.
I have been thinking about having this kind of life too. Staying on your own and do your things alone. No wahala from anyone, because human are terrible

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Exmilitant(m): 4:55pm On Jul 25, 2023
jamesversion:

You don't have a village? Seriously?
PH Na village? undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by LordReed(m): 5:01pm On Jul 25, 2023
PatEinstEin:

I guess it depends. The people I know who moved back to the village are retirees who prefer the peace and quiet of village life. I hardly see young people move to the village.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Tonytonex(m): 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2023
It depends on how one take return.

Those that build house, for them, it is not.
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Franzinni: 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2023
LUAN:
I have been thinking about having this kind of life too. Staying on your own and do your things
it's the best in my opinion, becasue you will have full control of your life, technology has made it so you will never miss anything from the general world as you will have your solar, internet, mobile connection which connects you with the globe, coupled with peace of mind not thinking of how to pay someone 1.5 million for house rent in a couple of months instead you invest the money into machines for your farm. Most people die untimely because of the stress of the rat race. That is why I laugh when I see people envying mbape for the huge money he is getting ... Money is useless beyond a point. Once you are comfortable, accumulated wealth is useless. it will even destroy rather than build, do you know how many stinking rich families that have to hide thier junkie kids becasue they are ashamed to let the world see them despite the riches and all... Life I realized should be expirienced in a way that death becomes irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Tonytonex(m): 5:05pm On Jul 25, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Normally Africans get dull mentality

If there is network and good electricity i don't see the good thing in the city with too much noise

The serene and tranquil nature of Village is second to non
Go visit my grandma for village
I was shocked that the village was having almost 24 hours light...if them bring the light 10pm na till 5pm till next day them dey seize am

true. Just like my village. Light dey there pass town wey I dey.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Truvelisback(m): 5:07pm On Jul 25, 2023
PatEinstEin:

Going back to the village is not a good idea except you have something very meaningful to do there. E.g meaningful business that would fetch you good money 💰 otherwise it is backwardness.
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by robosky02(m): 5:07pm On Jul 25, 2023
It depends on where you call village
Because civilization has overtaken most places

I have friend in Port Harcourt he has moved to his home town in Bonny

Mehn.... Bonny has 24/7 light round the clock
Has many companies and jobs

Serene environment etc

Who want to stay in NEPA darkness

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by TheBillyonaire: 5:07pm On Jul 25, 2023
They see as failure because they assume that everyone returning to village do so empty handedly. Even the siblings in the village do a lot to make you leave the village for them because coming back means they can longer control your projects and rip you off.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Her Husband Lied About His Job / I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? / Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.