Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,942 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:05 AM

Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure (22326 Views)

Advise, My Father Sold His House And Moved To The Village Now He Wants To Leave / Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? / My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:25pm On Jul 25, 2023
PatEinstEin:
Most Nigerians especially Igbos see the idea of moving back to their hometown as a defeat. If the City (for instance Lagos) becomes very difficult, I don't see anything wrong in relocating. There are people there afterall.

What are your thoughts on this?

although not a failure but surely a STEP BACK... and most would look down on "step backs"
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Edoziesmart(m): 11:33pm On Jul 25, 2023
kcdendelo:
Relocating to your village makes one lazy. obviously you will be living in your father's house and that hussling spirit will just die off
That's a lie bro.
I'm using myself as a case study

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Edoziesmart(m): 11:39pm On Jul 25, 2023
BoldBrainz:
If you're not relocating to the village at an age that is considered to be your inactive years where rest and peace of mind is the prime focus, Oga you are a failure!
Trash.

I know countless people in my village that spent some years in the city and achieve nothing but there story changed when they relocate back to the city.

There is this man that owe a plaza in my community he didn't have anything when he was in the city but he came back to villa as a palmwine tapper, now even those in the city envy him because his money is long.
He is still into palmwine tapping but in a big way and owe a big supermarket inside the plaza he built.

Let me not even talk about myself because I'm still struggling to make it, not as if I'm begging for food now but there is a level I will reach before I know I have make it in life.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by BoldBrainz(m): 11:41pm On Jul 25, 2023
Edoziesmart:

Trash.

I know countless people in my village that spent some years in the city and achieve nothing but there story changed when they relocate back to the city.

There is this man that owe a plaza in my community he didn't have anything when he was in the city but he came back to villa as a palmwine tapper, now even those in the city envy him because his money is long.
He is still into palmwine tapping but in a big way and owe a big supermarket inside the plaza he built.

Let me not even talk about myself because I'm still struggling to make it, not as if I'm begging for food now but there is a level I will reach before I know I have make it in life.

I long made my point. If you feel disgruntled about it, that's your funeral, Son.
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Edoziesmart(m): 11:42pm On Jul 25, 2023
YelloweWest:
Moving to the village is a no no pls.

Allow village people test their juju on themselves.

Except you are one of them lipsrsealed
Too much of Nollywood movies has eat part of your brain
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Edoziesmart(m): 11:43pm On Jul 25, 2023
BoldBrainz:

I long made my point. If you feel disgruntled about it, that's your funeral, Son.
Who is your son?
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Edoziesmart(m): 11:48pm On Jul 25, 2023
Omoh village dey pass village. Like me that work remotely ever since I finished uni, I don't see the reason I will have to be wasting money yearly to pay house rent when I can comfortable live the life I want in the village.

BTW, some strangers are leaving their communities to relocate to my village to hustle and make it big in life. I don't see the reason I should leave my village when it doesn't limit my hustle rather it broad it.
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Edoziesmart(m): 11:58pm On Jul 25, 2023
adebayo987:
Right ... The reason is that.

1. No good road
2. No constant electricity
3. No clean water
4. No waste management
5. No good internet (mostly 2G networks are installed by network providers) in the village
6. Low population (would result to poor patronising if doing business)
7. If doing business, cost of transportation will make you make less profit. Sometimes things stay and spoil in your shop due to very low patronage and if it becomes expensive, nobody will buy because there are alternatives and enduring/ultra managing minds in the village.
8. No security (especially if you're known as a wealthy person)

However, the village is good for retirement or to have a peace of mind. It's also a place to go and hide from the rest of the world (especially hiding from unwanted guests and visits).
This your point is only valid for those from timid village unlike my community that is just less that 25 mins drive to capital city

Like I said earlier village dey pass village.

Most of all these things you mentioned I haven't experienced such ever since I relocated back to villa. May be because my community is close to capital city and some strangers are living with us.
I first experienced Glo 4g in the villa before it reached where I was living in the city then grin cheesy
The only network that shows 2g/3g in my villa is Etisalat. The rest are full 4g anywhere you go either in the forest, cave or mountain cool
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by adebayo987: 12:09am On Jul 26, 2023
You're confusing town with village. Your place is a town and no longer a village. A place closer to the city that's having some city facilities like stable electricity, water, standard internet and even moving businesses is no longer a village. Simply because you hail from the place doesn't mean it's a village. What about the geographical indigenes of cities like Port Harcourt, Abuja, Uyo, Ikeja, etc., would they call the city their village? Maybe yes if they can't differentiate village from city or town.
Edoziesmart:

This your point is only valid for those from timid village unlike my community that is just less that 25 mins drive to capital city

Like I said earlier village dey pass village.

Most of all these things you mentioned I haven't experienced such ever since I relocated back to villa. May be because my community is close to capital city and some strangers are living with us.
I first experienced Glo 4g in the villa before it reached where I was living in the city then grin cheesy
The only network that shows 2g/3g in my villa is Etisalat. The rest are full 4g anywhere you go either in the forest, cave or mountain cool
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Edoziesmart(m): 12:24am On Jul 26, 2023
adebayo987:
You're confusing town with village. Your place is a town and no longer a village. A place closer to the city that's having some city facilities like stable electricity, water, standard internet and even moving businesses is no longer a village. Simply because you hail from the place doesn't mean it's a village. What about the geographical indigenes of cities like Port Harcourt, Abuja, Uyo, Ikeja, etc., would they call the city their village? Maybe yes if they can't differentiate village from city or town.
Ok now I understand your point.
May be I won't call my place village because all those timid and backward lifestyle doesn't exist here.

My bad though.
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Mrklemo(m): 12:24am On Jul 26, 2023
Who no come no go know.
Relocate pls.
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by phemmyfour: 12:28am On Jul 26, 2023
PatEinstEin:
Most Nigerians especially Igbos see the idea of moving back to their hometown as a defeat. If the City (for instance Lagos) becomes very difficult, I don't see anything wrong in relocating. There are people there afterall.

What are your thoughts on this?
It's about the economy not the people.
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by juman(m): 2:51am On Jul 26, 2023
Moving back to village is good option.
First visit your village and see how things can work out.
Plan well.

I have seen people that returned back to the village and did by far better than when they lived in the city.
Hard work and determination is important to be successful.
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by TheCongo2: 4:02am On Jul 26, 2023
Pootle:
people are running away from village people, but you wan go near them undecided abi u wan join village meeting, i mean that meeting grin grin

Some people will never understand

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by kcdendelo: 5:01am On Jul 26, 2023
Edoziesmart:

That's a lie bro.
I'm using myself as a case study
Ok
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Yestogood: 6:55am On Jul 26, 2023
Royalroz:
Some of these Lagosians you see would have faired very well if they move back to their villages and apply same energy for hustling. Besides villages ain't really villages anymore.

This is SO not true. Witchcraft in the village is so rampant, Jason Statham, John Wick and Rambo (First Blood) order of skills will be required to just stay alive, not to speak of build a business and thrive.
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Kevineleven(m): 7:15am On Jul 26, 2023
Lol
Exmilitant:
Nah bro. I am also a witch. A wicked one!
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by sylve11: 7:58am On Jul 26, 2023
Daniel058:
It's 90% of the time..and it's better to accept that you ve failed on time when you will still see a helper.

Word. cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by nicemom: 10:37am On Jul 26, 2023
Exmilitant:
Honestly, if i have a village i would have relocated for the comfort, quiet and slow paced life.
The hustle and bustle of PH city is killing me.
So you no get village
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Exmilitant(m): 10:44am On Jul 26, 2023
nicemom:

So you no get village
Portharcourt no be village again.
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Pauliaette(m): 12:06pm On Jul 26, 2023
There is nothing to be thinking about it, it is what it is.
When ones you are back in Ur village,.u are totally relegated, defeated and u can't do it anymore. U failed except on old age wanted to meet the ancestors death"
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Kobicove(m): 12:58pm On Jul 26, 2023
Because that's what it is undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by TechCapon(m): 2:51pm On Jul 26, 2023
Exmilitant:
Honestly, if i have a village i would have relocated for the comfort, quiet and slow paced life.
The hustle and bustle of PH city is killing me.
then what will you say about us in Lagos
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Exmilitant(m): 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2023
TechCapon:
then what will you say about us in Lagos
una be robots na. grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Afromentalist: 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2023
2RUTHHURTS:
cheesy Even God instructed Abraham to leave his father's land to be blessed, same way Joseph was blessed in a foreign land, Esther the same.
God just told me it's not true. He never instructed any abraham to leave his father's land. He is complaining that people just use his name anyhow. undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by TechCapon(m): 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2023
Exmilitant:
una be robots na. grin
brother it's like we don't have choice but I'm already planning on moving to a quiet state. This place is hell
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Exmilitant(m): 3:32pm On Jul 26, 2023
TechCapon:
brother it's like we don't have choice but I'm already planning on moving to a quiet state. This place is hell
Anyone who works from home probably online and ardours serenity shouldn't be found in places like Lagos.
If your hustle permits bro, look for a quiet spot to reside. Nature is supreme.
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 26, 2023
Edoziesmart:

Trash.

I envy you bro. I never lived in the village and i desperately long for the Nigerian village calm life.
I want to hear the cock crowing in the morning.
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by TechCapon(m): 4:33pm On Jul 26, 2023
Exmilitant:
Anyone who works from home probably online and ardours serenity shouldn't be found in places like Lagos.
If your hustle permits bro, look for a quiet spot to reside. Nature is supreme.
you're absolutely right bro. Nothing beats quiet environment. I lived in Dline when I was in ph and I still miss the quiet environment. Lagos is too crowded and noisy but it's a place to hustle
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Exmilitant(m): 4:36pm On Jul 26, 2023
TechCapon:
you're absolutely right bro. Nothing beats quiet environment. I lived in Dline when I was in ph and I still miss the quiet environment. Lagos is too crowded and noisy but it's a place to hustle
Dline is now as busy as Lagos. PH is multiplying every minutes.
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by TechCapon(m): 4:39pm On Jul 26, 2023
Exmilitant:
Dline is now as busy as Lagos. PH is multiplying every minutes.
omo, I know they'll spoil dline when they started building market everywhere
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Exmilitant(m): 4:43pm On Jul 26, 2023
TechCapon:
omo, I know they'll spoil dline when they started building market everywhere
I keep asking, these crowd where are they emanating from?
PH, Lagos, Aba, Owerri, Onitsha, Akwa everywhere you go there are unimaginable number of people struggling for survival. Where dem come from?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? / Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? / Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.