Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,437 members, 7,937,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 09:16 PM

Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund (14846 Views)

FG Launches Single Register On Poor, Vulnerable / N50bn Debt: Court Orders AMCON To Take-over MMA 2, Old Fed Secretariat, Others - / Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by blacksta(m): 11:08am On Oct 12, 2011
It is such a shame that every move of past and present governments in Nigeria is viewed with so much cynicism but the truth is the up and down the country one finds white elephant projects everywhere.  Governing Nigeria my GOD is not an easy case.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by youngmonie: 11:16am On Oct 12, 2011
abiolak:

80,000 to 110,000 jobs in four years very poor, Gej n Iwela should set our steel companies, refineries, n other government dead companies up wit the 50bn, i tell u not less than 900,000 people will be employed at a go, its time they stop this rubbish of creating jobs for their families, senators and reps, governors and ambassadors, in the name of nigeria youth, when we have over 150,000 graduate every year.
FG wake up for good

Dude we do not need another Government owned and controlled firms again. They have done it in the past and look where it is now. This is an era of capitalisation and privitisation. Sell them off, give incentives to private firms to buy them and make them more efficient. Its dammn simplee!!, If incentives are not gives, no one is going to buy them
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 12, 2011
v
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 12, 2011
v
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 12, 2011
Yet another poorly conceived, unrealistic, top-down approach by the Federal Government to solving the nation's problems. Someone should please tell me how the FG aims to solve the unemployment problem of a nation as big as Nigeria by dictating policy from Abuja. Nigeria is simply too big to be governed effectively in that manner.

What Mr President should have done instead is to coordinate this job creation scheme from the state level. Involve the states (and local governments if possible), get them to set their own objectives with regards to job creation and get them to commit funds from their own allocation to this scheme. Thus this scheme can take root at the grassroot level, and the aggregate benefits will flow upwards. But no, FG will continue to make pronouncements from Abuja and expect the common man on the street to feel the impact. Such "trickle down" economic theory will never work in Nigeria.

Until government recognizes that true development must be a bottom-up process, all these policies will continue to go down in history as utter and complete failures.

Case closed.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by maclatunji: 11:58am On Oct 12, 2011
The YouWIN project is a dainty project. I am telling you that most of the viable ideas will be stolen by the resource persons for themselves. Whilst the Children of Ministers, Senators, Ambassadors and governors will get majority of the N50 billion.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by MARKREN: 12:13pm On Oct 12, 2011
Another White Elephant. No Light, No Roads, No Security etc. and this  is how GEJ wants to take us to the promised land. And to think that only between 80K & 110k jobs will be created over 4 yrs, meaning that an average of about N454M is being spent per job created by this policy. Men who drew up this policy!!!!!!!! This has got to be the worst policy ever drawn in terms for conception & practicality.

This reminds me of PAP (Poverty Alleviation Programme) initiated by OBJ where billions were sunk at the Federal, State & LG Levels for 8 yrs, which was managed by Magnus Kpakor ( I wonder where he is now: smiling to the bank somewhere). Where is the money now?  It becoming clearer by the day that GEJ is clueless as to how to approach Nigeria problems.

A lecturer on mine once defined Madness as doing the same thing in the same way over and over again and expecting a different result.
We don't learn from our mistakes in this part of the world.

So this is an example how the windfall from the proposed subsidy removal will be spent by GOVT. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by sholay2011(m): 12:22pm On Oct 12, 2011
Nice move by Gej. but FG shud pls create a favorable business environment dt can encourage d 'beneficiaries' of d youlose, em sori, youwin project 2 b job providers by solving power palaver, helping out d educatn sector nd battlin corruptn! i doubt if uncle jona can do dis.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by Demdem(m): 12:53pm On Oct 12, 2011
maclatunji:

The YouWIN project is a dainty project. [b]I am telling you that most of the viable ideas will be stolen by the resource persons for themselves. [/b]Whilst the Children of Ministers, Senators, Ambassadors and governors will get majority of the N50 billion.

My tots exactly. So they think i will just publish my business idea for their use under the guise of accessing it. I honestly dont trust these peeps.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by Kobojunkie: 1:10pm On Oct 12, 2011
oyb:

gej presents the apprentice fg version

plenty of entertainment, motion but no movement

the 'entrepreneurs' are still going to come back to the real world of poor infrastructure, corruption, security agents gragra

the same gej who was running his mouth about steve jobs - tell the dunce

we don't need any gitzy made for tv govt program, we simply need an enabling environment - steve jobs and steve wozniak would probably found it impossible to build the first apple pc with phcn power cuts. as for manufacturing and distributing the computers. . . lipsrsealed

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

empowerment

Dude, better take advantage of. Imagine getting some of those millions for yourself. This might be your last chance to get a piece of the Nigerian cake. grin grin grin November 22 dey come ooo. Make we all put together plan to CHOP our own ooo!!
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by yelanst(m): 1:19pm On Oct 12, 2011
@ Beaf,
Thanks for throwing more light on this program. I have a good business plan. How can i have access to this fund? Do they have any corporate HQ ? if yes, Where? I need funds to pursue my business plan. Thanks.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by Beaf: 1:25pm On Oct 12, 2011
yelanst:

@ Beaf,
Thanks for throwing more light on this program. I have a good business plan. How can i have access to this fund? Do they have any corporate HQ ? if yes, Where? I need funds to pursue my business plan. Thanks.

You will find info here: www.youwin.org.ng
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by islamrules(m): 1:26pm On Oct 12, 2011
Nigerian politics is getting more lucrative everyday. Its like I will resign and join politics ooo. N50B to be scavenged. Why cant I be part of this ?
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by yelanst(m): 1:34pm On Oct 12, 2011
@ beaf,
Thanks a million.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by maclatunji: 1:38pm On Oct 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Dude, better take advantage of. Imagine getting some of those millions for yourself. This might be your last chance to get a piece of the Nigerian cake. grin grin grin November 22 dey come ooo. Make we all put together plan to CHOP our own ooo!!

I have a great business idea but I am not presenting it to these guys. They will tell you- "Your business plan is too risky and not detailed enough." Before you can say "Jack" and I do mean "Robinson" your plan will be all over the place as a "new innovative service" from one 'Polished crook." You can try your luck if you want. I don't even have the time to start presenting to these folks- Goodluck to those who do!
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by alexola20(m): 1:39pm On Oct 12, 2011
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by youngmonie: 1:49pm On Oct 12, 2011
Im amazed by some comments here. Its a good idea, but people are not discussing the real issues here. Take the economy for instance, what is the state of Nigerias economy today. Fine if I win i get the money, I start my business, How will the business thrive or how will it survive the next year due to the state of Nigeria economy, what is the market saying.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by maclatunji: 2:13pm On Oct 12, 2011
youngmonie:

Im amazed by some comments here. Its a good idea, but people are not discussing the real issues here. Take the economy for instance, what is the state of Nigerias economy today. Fine if I win i get the money, I start my business, How will the business thrive or how will it survive the next year due to the state of Nigeria economy, what is the market saying.

You are confused! Clear your head and tell us which one is your true position.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by igbo2011(m): 2:32pm On Oct 12, 2011
feelamong:

This is a silly, silly and silly idea sad

So govt now run, the apprentice show? ok Let me ust say here, GEJ and NOI, U are both fired!!! grin

Instead of fixing our Power sector,dead refineries,steel industries, Agricultural sector and other infrastrutures,

Beaf, tell them that common sence requires that you move from the known to the unknown, Ok, I forgot that common sense is actually not common,

Bunch of crooks, very innovative in stealing public funds, When they set up NDDC, what did they tell us?? what is happening there today??

absolute bulocks!!! angry sad

Very good points we needto produce more and export more.  THis will bring forex.  That will create jobs as well.  Our rulers don't know how to govern. Government doesn't create jobs, PEOPLE DO.  If you steal from a private company you ware more likely to be fired than stealing from the go vernment.  The government is too big in Nigeria. All they do is steal, we need morep rivate stuff.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by werepeLeri: 2:49pm On Oct 12, 2011
Even if Jesus Christ comes down to rule Nigeria. A lot of people in here will tell him what to do while they sit behind their cheap computers doing nothing.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by SmashingM(f): 3:35pm On Oct 12, 2011
I hope it won't be a man-know-man thing.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by maclatunji: 3:49pm On Oct 12, 2011
werepeLeri:

Even if Jesus Christ comes down to rule Nigeria. A lot of people in here will tell him what to do while they sit behind their cheap computers doing nothing.

Well, since Jesus is not here we are dealing GEJ who is here- your logic is wack!
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by NET1(m): 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2011
Just got registered on www.youwin.org.ng. I hope it works out well.

.NET
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by oladayo042: 6:07pm On Oct 12, 2011
You are fired!
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by oladayo042: 6:57pm On Oct 12, 2011
GEJ said the YouWin programme conceived for the purpose aims to create between 80,000 and 110,000 sustainable good jobs over the next four years.
Specific Objectives of the Programme include to:

Attract ideas and innovations from young entrepreneurial aspirants from Universities, Polytechnics, Technical colleges, and other post-Secondary institutions in Nigeria;

Provide a one time Equity grant for 1,200 selected aspiring entrepreneurs to start or expand their business concepts and mitigate start up risks;

Generate 40,000 to 50,000 new jobs for currently unemployed Nigerian youth over the three years during which the three cycles will be implemented;
(http://www.youwin.org.ng/whatisyouwin.php)

Now who is lying? I understand that the figures are estimated but the disparity is just too wide.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by manny4life(m): 7:22pm On Oct 12, 2011
oladayo042:

Now who is lying? I understand that the figures are estimated but the disparity is just too wide.

How do you mean "too wide"?

Anyway, as for me and in IMHO, this is a good idea but at a very wrong time. When they talk about start or expand a business, under what infrastructures are we talking about? I would appreciate the govt focus that approx $350million in generating electricity. If they are so concerned about job creation, we should start producing. Building a manufacturing complex that can house at least 80 mid size companies, the chain reaction in the economy will create this jobs.

I think it's time I apply to get my own funds myself, anyone want to collaborate? Hit me up if u want to share ideas, I must partake out of that money but in a good way though. Time to LEAVE the U.S. is near.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by oladayo042: 8:02pm On Oct 12, 2011
^^^ I mean the number of jobs (80,000 to 110,000) GEJ said YouWin will create and what is obtainable (40,000 to 50,000) from YouWin's portal.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by Sunofgod(m): 8:26pm On Oct 12, 2011
Beaf - forward to your Oga.

He needs to study history rather than come up with all these gimmicks.

The question I ask is whether he will be executed with Patience or Dr Ngozi at his side?

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsRQP7TifME[/flash]
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by Kobojunkie: 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2011
oladayo042:

^^^ I mean the number of jobs (80,000 to 110,000) GEJ said YouWin will create and what is obtainable (40,000 to 50,000) from YouWin's portal.
^^^ so which one be the number dem dey throw around now?? 40,000? or double??
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by blackgucci(m): 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2011
[size=20pt]please GEJ, we dont need handouts just give us power we will take it from there[/size]
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by hakanai(m): 8:54pm On Oct 12, 2011
@beaf
GEJ has shown concern with this intention but i would seriously suggest that they revive all the comatose industries in the nation.Adding  more to this funds and injecting it into the dying industries.If it means buying them up or investing in others.Then putting it back into the hands of skilled private sector entrepreneurs and then employing youths within reach of such localities.With that alone you could bring back the community interest in developing there communities,en-role more and also have more people pay government some taxes.while having the company still there and serving the generation to come.Also people grow and set up there own as things happen.
     Also where all are aware its collapse would be there pain, people would work hard or get kicked out where they are found lacking.In-short even where they are failing, its better government is paying the company to keep more staffs employed until companies are revived or through the difficulty.
Use proper monitoring and act as is a case in business investing in other companies.
    We have capable hands.If it means bringing sound minds from outside to lead the company until we can take  it over.50billiion is substantial to restore alot of large farms,starting new large farms and  blue chip companies or conglomerates.Start or invest as a government with the intent to keep the youths employed into them.Support companies with more Nigerian employees and encourage the small ones to grow and recruit more.
     He means well but put the money in existing business to expand or revive dying companies.I definitely know at the end this will not get to the right people and above all the impact is short lived and a temporal solution.Making it wasteful.When this people get the cash as usual we would not easily monitor.From the project looks, it makes the individuals easily default or squander such with little check and balance in place.Is more like free money to some people.if it does get to the people.
Challenge Nigerians,mix Nigerians with nationals with exposure and invest in there ideas.It develops Nigerian economy and empowers more steadily as they grow.With lesser risk than a one man business.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by wealth123: 10:11pm On Oct 12, 2011
am sure most of you here read that $1 billion was found in Bankole's Domiciliary account with UBA. Convert that you get about N150 billion and only N50billion is available for brilliant Nigerian youths what about the teeming population of almajiris who cannot read talkless of writing a business plan?

Collect the loot in the hands of Bankole, OGD, Akala, Babangida, Atiku, Baba Iyabo, All former Governors with their yeye security votes already stached away in foreign banks. These will be enough to put smiles on the faces of all Nigerian youths.

Stop having high hopes here, the money will be shared as usual. The only job available for the masses is to sell pure water and recharge cards for them Adenuga and co.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Are Not Part Of Governors Forum Reconciliation / FG Flags-off The Rehabilitation Of Abuja-kaduna-zaria-kano Dual Carriageway / Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Contractors Responsible For Accidents - Dapo Abiodun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.