Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:04 AM

African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries (25513 Views)

Why African Artistes Are Not Enjoying The Full Benefits Of Streaming Services / Burna Boy's 'African Giant’ Tops Chart On Apple Music In More Than 10 Countries / Reviewing Songs Released By African Artistes In The Last 7 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by timesuploaded: 7:28pm On Sep 01, 2023
Slavery. Show us the most entries in our villages. Ogun kill UK and America
Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by LegacyB: 7:43pm On Sep 01, 2023
ChopDeMoney:
Is feels real good to see Nigerians dominating. But it is not enough.

I know am lazy when it comes to creativity, but we need to do more in other areas of Art.

We need to top chart in
Best selling fictional books to rival the likes of Tom Clancy and co.
Biggest movie in cinema
Go to every global sports tournament to to become Champions and not participants

We have the talents. Indigenous talents. Unlike those mofos in sports industries who believe the white skin is equal to winning s

I am tired of First Class graduates from those foreign schools. To my knowledge it has not add any value to our development indices.

Caveat: you are free to disagree with me but no insults.

I drop my mic.
Very correct!
Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by DestinyNigga: 7:50pm On Sep 01, 2023
Am still waiting for Shatta Wale to beat Burna Boy there πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by TheSuperX(m): 7:53pm On Sep 01, 2023
Burna Boy is bigger that all musicians in Africa.
Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by TheSuperX(m): 7:55pm On Sep 01, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Nothing ain't changed. Davido is still the dopest.
Shut up

1 Like

Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by candygist: 7:57pm On Sep 01, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Nothing ain't changed. Davido is still the dopest.

Lol, whatever makes your feel good, rock it.

1 Like

Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by candygist: 7:59pm On Sep 01, 2023
Rahkman:
# I told them ......burna boy is the only African artiste to have his album enter top 10 in SWEDEN 3 times ......love Damini ,twice as tall and I told them, ....let the frogites make noise burna will do the numbers, music no be to dey sing " when I look into ur eyes all I see is your waist" na only foolish ppl dey listen to rubbish dey call am music

cheesy grin when I look into your eyes, all I see is your waist,, this really got me grin

2 Likes

Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by candygist: 8:01pm On Sep 01, 2023
ednut1:
Why must we always measure success with oyinbo standards

Bcus you blacks can't create anything but evil.
Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by candygist: 8:04pm On Sep 01, 2023
Chuknovski:
grin burner selling points is uk

Someone that couldn't travel to UK for 7 years still came back to dominate people that have been entering UK for 7 years before he came on board. See overtaking.

1 Like

Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 8:19pm On Sep 01, 2023
Someday I'm going to be a star and make headlines, but for now make I face uniuyo.....
Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by Menclothing: 8:30pm On Sep 01, 2023
All are winners I celebrate you OBO burner boy wizkid

1 Like

Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by candygist: 8:49pm On Sep 01, 2023
Naijaboy18:

What does burns sing about?

Ask the people that are given Burna Boy (new cat) more accolade than wizkid.
Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 01, 2023
candygist:

Ask the people that are given Burna Boy (new cat) more accolade than wizkid.
How many accolades did Tupac receive?
Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by Karleb(m): 9:17pm On Sep 01, 2023
But you people said the album is a flop. grin

My first hearing of this album, the lyrics didn't really sunk in but the production was very good. I heard Burna flew in one of his producers from Germany. I love that he is working with the best, I mean, not people that charge highest but people that actually know their onions.

A lot of Nigerians probably didn't understand his music, what else can you expect from people who listen to Seyi Vibes all day or those claiming Seyi is better than Asake. cheesy

I remember saying it here that Asake's MMWTV album was better than Chike's brothers keeper and that's the truth. Some people even said Chike's Boo of the booles is the best R & B album ever in Nigeria. Only teenagers will have this opinion because Chike can't lace Banky W's shoes.

I love Davido and Wizkid but their FCs are really annoying. I can understand you like or dislike Ronaldo or Messi because they are of different nationalities and have played for rival clubs but why would you hate a Nigerian artist as a Nigerian? Makes no sense.

It explains why Burna no rate Nigerians and specifically made that 'Thanks" track because he gets more love abroad than at home, he also gets more accolades abroad and those ones are not jealous.

The guy might just win another Grammy.

I would love to have a class with burna to explain how he comes up with his rhythms.

To people saying he copied Fela, even Femi the son of Fela never had this musical success, the best he got was multiple Grammy nomination.

Advice to Nigerians, stop listening to too much of junk music.

1 Like

Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by Karleb(m): 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2023
candygist:

Someone that couldn't travel to UK for 7 years still came back to dominate people that have been entering UK for 7 years before he came on board. See overtaking.

Honestly. The guy is whooping all of there asses and he's going to become far clear of the rest in few more years to come because he is really good.

He has the content and I love him for that but you know Nigerians now, they are only happy when your success is as successful as theirs hence the jealous here and there.

Burna really knows his onions.

Few days ago he was talking about how afro artists don't tell stories, they only talk about good times. Story telling was what differentiated Fela during his time and I'm happy Burna and someone like Asake is embracing that.

Remove Sex, Money, Girls, Party and Drinks and you'd see a lot of Nigerian musicians will have nothing to write about.

1 Like

Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by Ishilove: 9:47pm On Sep 01, 2023
43Ronin:
who e epp
Good question
Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by naptu2: 9:48pm On Sep 01, 2023
Ishilove:

Good question

Garri gangster grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by Ishilove: 9:48pm On Sep 01, 2023
naptu2:

Garri gangster grin
Who? undecided
Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by Memphitz357: 10:20pm On Sep 01, 2023
kay29000:
Burna Boy is very persistent
Youssou N'dour still had the biggest hit song out of all of them. His hit song "7 seconds" back in 1994 was on every top 10 charts in the whole of Europe and America back then.

1 Like

Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by drimzsmoke(m): 11:31pm On Sep 01, 2023
LegallyBlunt:
And one man stated in an article published on this site that Burna isn't a legend. That Burna isn't worthy of the tag.

This is just one parameter considering the African continent o. Not even Nigeria alone. But see the gap he gave the next artist.

Again, the fact speaks for itself.

Angelique Kidjo has won 5 Grammy!!!
Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by candygist: 6:54am On Sep 02, 2023
Naijaboy18:

How many accolades did Tupac receive?

You ar calling dead man that died since 1994 at is early 20s. Do you think if Tupac was alive he wouldn't have gotten multiple accolades. Even as a dead man. Mejority of the world still consider him as the best rapper ever. Do you know why? He tells story with his craft and doesn't have frog voice.
Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by MrBroke(m): 7:02am On Sep 02, 2023
Truth be told. Wizkid and Davido are the biggest artist in Nigeria or even Africa but when it comes to talent and ability to sing reasonable music dem no follow, na trash dem dey sing and luckily for them a lot people dey listen the trash
Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by Triangles1(m): 9:18am On Sep 02, 2023
ednut1:

Maybe as they're the first to go planet before us
Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by DevilsEqual(m): 4:17pm On Sep 02, 2023
LegallyBlunt:
And one man stated in an article published on this site that Burna isn't a legend. That Burna isn't worthy of the tag.

This is just one parameter considering the African continent o. Not even Nigeria alone. But see the gap he gave the next artist.

Again, the fact speaks for itself.

Thats Aristotle there...He's prolly the wisest man that ever lived

1 Like

Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by shonepa(m): 9:08pm On Sep 02, 2023
No cap, stats shows how well u doing. These artists check this too to know how strong they re in the market.

Why u think say most Nigerians dey sing? No be SHARITY O!!!

ednut1:
Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by akwesenana: 5:54pm On Sep 05, 2023
21NAUGHTYUTY:
Someday I'm going to be a star and make headlines, but for now make I face uniuyo.....
Are you a student or aspirant?
Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 7:00pm On Sep 05, 2023
akwesenana:
Are you a student or aspirant?
A student,
Re: African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries by Abufo: 8:12pm On Sep 05, 2023
LegallyBlunt:

I agree. Imagine one actor saying Burna is not deserving of his accolades.

Nigerians can be very funny I swear! lagards no fit near the grammy venue talk less of winning such an award! Burna don pay his dues.........he is a hard worker!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman / Rock Music Is Satanic? / 'Audio Money' Video - Rudeboy (Featuring Shatta Bandle)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.