Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,407 members, 7,881,490 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:09 PM

Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef (9646 Views)

What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? / "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research / “I Can’t Wait For My Parents To Die, So I Can Inherit All” - Guy On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by GboyegaD(m): 5:44pm On Sep 07, 2023
I do not see my partner fighting or keeping malice with anyone however, should that happen, I wouldn't get myself involved.
Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by Microwhy: 5:45pm On Sep 07, 2023
Bahamas95:
It depends on what transpired. But if it's just normal women stuff I can decide to ignore if it's not serious.

My baby is not troublesome, I am 100% sure of that......If anybody messes with her that means he/she has indirectly done same to me. I go carry the matter for head like gele.
Don't be 100% sure, make she no shock you at when due...
Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by Qatar2022: 6:10pm On Sep 07, 2023
Chingyyy878:
I mean if someone hurts your partner , will you see the person as your enemy ?
Never I won't try it
Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by caandi: 6:34pm On Sep 07, 2023
Chingyyy878:
normal thing
There’s a saying that goes
The enemy of my friend is also my enemy

If you’re a friend to my enemy, that makes you frenemy!!

Periodtt

1 Like

Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by cococandy(f): 6:57pm On Sep 07, 2023
Chingyyy878:

Immediately yes. lol.

1 Like

Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by Acidosis(m): 7:38pm On Sep 07, 2023
cococandy:

Immediately yes. lol.

smiley smiley
Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by randymirrors(f): 7:38pm On Sep 07, 2023
If you're my partner, and my enemy is not your enemy just forget the relationship.

1 Like

Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by cococandy(f): 7:51pm On Sep 07, 2023
Acidosis:

smiley smiley

I don’t even know why it’s a question. You hurt my person, me and you will have problems for life. Period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by Acidosis(m): 7:55pm On Sep 07, 2023
cococandy:

I don’t even know why it’s a question. You hurt my person, me and you will have problems for life. Period.

As it should be wink cool

1 Like

Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 07, 2023
I will back my wife even if she is wrong.

You become my enemy by default if you cross my wife.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by tosyne2much(m): 9:38pm On Sep 07, 2023
cococandy:

I read some comments and was wondering the kind of relationship people are into that warranted such comments

I thought couples should have common interest and enemy
Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by Uchedizzy(f): 8:47am On Sep 08, 2023
I dont
Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by descarado: 9:00am On Sep 08, 2023
Capital no.
Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by descarado: 9:01am On Sep 08, 2023
tosyne2much:
I read some comments and was wondering the kind of relationship people are into that warranted such comments

I thought couples should have common interest and enemy
Couple do not have common enemy.
Let's be realistic
Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by descarado: 9:10am On Sep 08, 2023
Acidosis:

Automatically..! You touch one, you touch all. That's how we roll. But I'll still try to mediate sha.
You don't know what you are talking about.
In some families, they never accepted the wife. And it may be a wel known fact that either parents or siblings don't just like the wife.
What do you do?

Forget all about your parents or siblings because of your wife?
Or you have a baby mama who naturally should be hated by your wife, will you now hate her cos your wife hate her?
She has your kids. Eg
Tuface is a perfect example.

We talk cos we don't wear the shoe.
I have seen a brother inlaw that hate his brothers wife for no just cause. Husband tried, no way.
What he did is to move his family away from his brother. He is still his brother. Just that the brother and the wife have nothing in common.

And yes, in Nigerian setting, if family members are beafing with the wife, husband most likely ignore and mediate from the side but they will never have beaf with their family members. Impossible. I also don't encourage that.

1 Like

Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by Acidosis(m): 9:20am On Sep 08, 2023
descarado:

You don't know what you are talking about.
In some families, they never accepted the wife. And it may be a wel known fact that either parents or siblings don't just like the wife.
What do you do?

Forget all about your parents or siblings because of your wife?
Or you have a baby mama who naturally should be hated by your wife, will you now hate her cos your wife hate her?
She has your kids. Eg
Tuface is a perfect example.

We talk cos we don't wear the shoe.
I have seen a brother inlaw that hate his brothers wife for no just cause. Husband tried, no way.
What he did is to move his family away from his brother. He is still his brother. Just that the brother and the wife have nothing in common.

And yes, in Nigerian setting, if family members are beafing with the wife, husband most likely ignore and mediate from the side but they will never have beaf with their family members. Impossible. I also don't encourage that.

I think the emboldened settles it. There are certain shoes I can't wear. Any decision I take regarding my spouse will be based on my personal experiences with her, not the encounters of a third-party with her.

However, as previously mentioned, there are situations where I'll try to mediate (since you only focused on family beef). In such a situation, taking sides with my partner does not invalidate the role of mediation. Remember this is about her beef with an outsider not spousal disagreements.

NB: I did not marry a woman who is hated by my family, but if such a situation were to ever occur, my decision to proceed with the marriage would already signify taking sides with her.
Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by descarado: 9:21am On Sep 08, 2023
cococandy:

That's a very dangerous precedence.

Elders always advocate never to take side. They have their reasons.
As we age, we see why they always say that.
Annie idibia is not in speaking terms with tuface child mamas. Should tuface do the same?
You know the answer and to Annie and those in her shoe, that's the right thing to do. Tuface should support her.

Also, in some families, a wife is never wholly accepted. Someone somewhere in that family don't really like her, the husband should take the side of the wife in your opinion?

As for what happens outside, spouse maybe lying. It's his business and has nothing to do with me.
I won't put my head to defend what I don't understand before it will cost me my life and oga will continue with his life as soon as I had passed away.
Marriage is not sustained by rioting emotions rather wisdom.
As a matter of fact, this was one of the wise sayings laid down to me during my trado on both sides to never involve myself in what does not concern me.
I will rather be a mediator.
Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by sylve11: 9:25am On Sep 08, 2023
advanceDNA:

U are still asking....?? Which kind partner u be?

.....if anybody dey tackle my paddii seff, the person don automatically enter my tackle list .....let alone my partner.... we die there ooo

Nor do that thing bro. cool

1 Like

Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by descarado: 9:25am On Sep 08, 2023
Acidosis:

I think the emboldened settles it. There are certain shoes I can't wear. Any decision I take regarding my spouse will be based on my personal experiences with her, not the encounters of a third-party with her.

However, as previously mentioned, there are situations where I'll try to mediate (since you only focused on family beef). In such a situation, taking sides with my partner does not invalidate the role of mediation. Remember this is about her beef with an outsider not spousal disagreements.

NB: I did not marry a woman who is hated by my family, but if such a situation were to ever occur, my decision to proceed with the marriage would already signify taking sides with her.
Family members are outsiders too.

Even if one member of the family don't like her for reason best know to the person and as a result, don't talk to her will you stop talking to the person?
Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by Acidosis(m): 9:29am On Sep 08, 2023
descarado:

Family members are outsiders too.

Even if one member of the family don't like her for reason best know to the person and as a result, don't talk to her will you stop talking to the person?

A big "Yes"

I will only talk to you to mediate. We will literally have nothing else to discuss.

1 Like

Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by descarado: 9:47am On Sep 08, 2023
Acidosis:

A big "Yes"

I will only talk to you to mediate. We will literally have nothing else to discuss.
OK o.

I will never advocate for that.

It makes it worst.

And you are not a good leader by doing so.
Your kids are watching.
Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by advanceDNA: 10:08am On Sep 08, 2023
sylve11:

Nor do that thing bro. cool

Do wetin....

Person wey dey fight your partner sef fit dey target u cos e fit assume say una go don dey collabo.... ...if u lose guard u go collect.... Stay alert
Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by Acidosis(m): 10:17am On Sep 08, 2023
descarado:

OK o.

I will never advocate for that.

It makes it worst.

And you are not a good leader by doing so.
Your kids are watching.

Even my kids would be surprised that I'm not standing by their mother. Anyone who can fight (beef) your wife to the point of not talking to her will not respect you. Engaging in conversations with such individuals will only amplify the disrespect. It's only a matter of time before they come after you as well. They will insult your wife in the middle of conversations and come for you after a while.

If you want to experience maximum disrespect, start talking to someone who doesn't rate your spouse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by tosyne2much(m): 11:21am On Sep 08, 2023
descarado:

Annie idibia is not in speaking terms with tuface child mamas. Should tuface do the same?
You know the answer and to Annie and those in her shoe, that's the right thing to do. Tuface should support her.

Also, in some families, a wife is never wholly accepted. Someone somewhere in that family don't really like her, the husband should take the side of the wife in your opinion?

As for what happens outside, spouse maybe lying. It's his business and has nothing to do with me.
I won't put my head to defend what I don't understand before it will cost me my life and oga will continue with his life as soon as I had passed away.
As a matter of fact, this was one of the wise sayings laid down to me during my trado on both sides to never involve myself in what does not concern me.
So, the wise saying laid down to you during your own trado was that should any family member arise to frustrate your wife because they don't really like her, you will stay neutral without taking sides?

1 Like

Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by tosyne2much(m): 11:27am On Sep 08, 2023
Acidosis:

Even my kids would be surprised that I'm not standing by their mother. Anyone who can fight (beef) your wife to the point of not talking to her will not respect you. Engaging in conversations with such individuals will only amplify the disrespect. It's only a matter of time before they come after you as well. They will insult your wife in the middle of conversations and come for you after a while.

If you want to experience maximum disrespect, start talking to someone who doesn't rate your spouse.

May God bless you for this comment... Some people are just funny sha

Do you know that some men have so much protected their wives and children that when they pass away, dem no born any family member well to start frustrating the wife and children

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by sylve11: 11:37am On Sep 08, 2023
advanceDNA:

Do wetin....

Person wey dey fight your partner sef fit dey target u cos e fit assume say una go don dey collabo.... ...if u lose guard u go collect.... Stay alert

If you understand sey humans fit change then you go understand why I said so. cool

1 Like

Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by DenreleDave(m): 11:50am On Sep 08, 2023
advanceDNA:

U are still asking....?? Which kind partner u be?

.....if anybody dey tackle my paddii seff, the person don automatically enter my tackle list .....let alone my partner.... we die there ooo

You dey say nonsense.. What if na ur paddi or partner go tackle person wey dey him or her own jeje?

Make una dey reason b4 u misyarn
Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by advanceDNA: 12:23pm On Sep 08, 2023
DenreleDave:

You dey say nonsense.. What if na ur paddi or partner go tackle person wey dey him or her own jeje?

Make una dey reason b4 u misyarn

Me I no get paddi wey dey go look for trouble......so na u no dey reason wey dey talk nonsense
Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by advanceDNA: 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2023
sylve11:

If you understand sey humans fit change then you go understand why I said so. cool

What is this oga saying?? Abeg shift ...u just dey jump from one point to another.....
...... When they are still ur real friends and family...u do what friends and family do: u remain loyal and supportive.

..and when they change...then u seize to be their paddi, u seff change..... I get loyal friends ooo
Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by Ishilove: 12:50pm On Sep 08, 2023
Depends on the kind of beef. If e no make sense I go troway face comot, but if it is a very serious beef, I go carry am like bone straight weave
Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by Sirbio0074: 2:48pm On Sep 08, 2023
I can hold malice, I will look for way to settle the matter by talking to my partner privately first
Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by cococandy(f): 3:21pm On Sep 08, 2023
I see your point But the baby mama didn’t hurt tuface sha.
He’s entirely the person at fault so what ground should Annie take sides with him? Like those women that shield their cheating and abusive husbands to only go after the side piece. You already know my feelings and opinions about those kinds of people 🫢

My answer here is based specifically on the question of if someone hurts my person will I have problems with that person? Absolutely yes.

descarado:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To BEAT Your Wife. / Boy Or Girl, Which Is Preferable As Your First Child / Good Nursery - Primary School In Ajah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.