Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,973 members, 7,873,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:29 AM

Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef (9637 Views)

"Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by cococandy(f): 3:30pm On Sep 08, 2023
descarado:

Family members are outsiders too.

Even if one member of the family don't like her for reason best know to the person and as a result, don't talk to her will you stop talking to the person?

That family member has one opportunity ONCE to explain why they don’t like her. If their reason is not sufficient, they enter the blocked list. Effective immediately.

There are people who are experts in driving wedges between relationships and married people by being obnoxiously critical of other people’s choices in life partners. Even when they can’t say exactly what that person did wrong. Just be going off vibes and nothing.

By the time you examine their own lives, you find out that they didn’t even make a better choice than the person they are so critical of. But they want your partner walking on eggshells around them. We shouldn’t have time to entertain them. Blocked
Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by Kobojunkie: 3:44pm On Sep 08, 2023
cococandy:
I see your point But the baby mama didn’t hurt tuface sha.
He’s entirely the person at fault so what ground should Annie take sides with him? Like those women that shield their cheating and abusive husbands to only go after the side piece. You already know my feelings and opinions about those kinds of people 🫢
My answer here is based specifically on the question of if someone hurts my person will I have problems with that person? Absolutely yes.
Couldn't it be said that, in their deluded mentality, they too perceive that person as having hurt their person too? undecided
Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by cococandy(f): 4:10pm On Sep 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Couldn't it be said that, in their deluded mentality, they too perceive that person as having hurt their person too? undecided
Yep. deluded is the right word!
Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by descarado: 4:12pm On Sep 08, 2023
cococandy:

That family member has one opportunity ONCE to explain why they don’t like her. If their reason is not sufficient, they enter the blocked list. Effective immediately.

There are people who are experts in driving wedges between relationships and married people by being obnoxiously critical of other people’s choices in life partners. Even when they can’t say exactly what that person did wrong. Just be going off vibes and nothing.

By the time you examine their own lives, you find out that they didn’t even make a better choice than the person they are so critical of. But they want your partner walking on eggshells around them. We shouldn’t have time to entertain them. Blocked
I wouldn't block anybody.
I wouldn't block my mum for not liking my spouse rather, I will be a mediator no matter how long it takes. It gives immense joy when your patience and perseverance pays off.

I am not good with malice. Drains all my energy.
Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by cococandy(f): 4:21pm On Sep 08, 2023
descarado:

I wouldn't block anybody.
I wouldn't block my mum for not liking my spouse rather, I will be a mediator no matter how long it takes. It gives immense joy when your patience and perseverance pays off.

I am not good with malice. Drains all my energy.

When we are talking about parents, that’s a different story sha.

Edit:

However I’m still siding with my person. Everyone had a chance during the engagement and the wedding to “speak now or forever hold their peace”.

Entertaining them or staying neutral when they project unwarranted hatred towards your spouse leaves the spouse feeling unprotected. I may not block them if they are that close as in my parents. But we are not kikiing until the issue is resolved.

The spouse will feel especially betrayed if people hate them for no reason and the person who swore to love them is too avoidant of confrontation to stand up for them. That’s how I see it.

But if my person did something to deserve the hurt or the hate, then it’s different.

1 Like

Re: Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef by kkins25(m): 6:31pm On Sep 08, 2023
If it's outside my family? A big yes. If within my family, it depends on circumstances, it could easily turn to yes too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boy Or Girl, Which Is Preferable As Your First Child / My Husband Has Become Boring, He Hardly Makes The Bed When He Gets Up / How To Get A House-Help In Nigeria By Elnathan John

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.