Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,784 members, 7,898,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:25 PM

PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators (33316 Views)

Tinubu Presidential Legal Team Clarifies 'header' On copies of PEPC Judgement / All 3 Senators From Benue Dump Governor Ortom, Endorse Atiku / Umahi’s Defection: PDP Suspends 3 Senators, 5 Lawmakers, Others In Ebonyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Validated: 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2023
ElSudani:
The original inhabitants of the FCT were relocated. So, who are these indigenes?

If original indigene were relocated like you said, then were original indigenes of Lagos also related?

If Lagos could get a state status after original indigenes were relocated, why deny Abuja?

Or does that not confer on Abuja the special status?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by legitnow1: 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2023
ElSudani:

Even if Abuja becomes a state the inhabitants will still not get any special status which is not available to other Nigerians.

THIS IS WHY, U TURN NIGERIA COURT TO KANGAROO COURT, THAT CAN NEVER BE CREDIBLE TO THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY.

THEY WATCH, WHAT U DO.

TOMORROW, U WILL WANT TO USE YOUR COURT FOR INTERNATIONAL CASE AND THEY REFUSE.

U WONDER Y.

A GRADUATE UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF ANSWER THE QUESTION, DONT GET AHEAD OF YOURSELF.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by TGLINKS(m): 12:08pm On Sep 11, 2023
Chai chai chai
Abuja indijne una Don hamma last last d tribunal jurdgis go give una all una right chai how I wish am from Abuja -abuja go get capital, get 3 senators reps, both federal and state and all d allowis since independent .na d dividends of turning good to bad nija my country

1 Like

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Timmi: 12:08pm On Sep 11, 2023
References1:

https://thewhistler.ng/tribunal-judgement-abuja-indigenes-head-to-court-to-demand-governor-3-senators-reps-state-assembly/?fbclid=IwAR0vIRm_q8kDaM1wiLjvebW0ZyHGFjV7_ksNz3Asrtr6O6ZrP-Qupc0FpXw

Misplaced and wasted effort from the beginning. These indigenes are probably been advised by the same set of lawyer that represented Atiku and OBI. It’s like when the Federal Capital was in Lagos and asking for Lagos to be declared a State with her own governance structure apart from the State of Lagos. It’s an oxymoron but then what do those lawyers know, they will be rubbished the third time just as they were at the Presidential panel and will be at the Supreme Court.
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by ttobizz(m): 12:08pm On Sep 11, 2023
ElSudani:
The original inhabitants of the FCT were relocated. So, who are these indigenes?

Relocated to Oyo I guess

1 Like

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Programmer47: 12:08pm On Sep 11, 2023
samsard:
Relocated where? They're still in the FCT.

Don't mind these disingenuous fools. They don't even vet whatever they receive in their WhatsApp groups before they start their peak fooling
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by IfnobeGod20: 12:09pm On Sep 11, 2023
Heffalump:

It is the constitution that gave Abuja special status and not any individual. You must obey the constitution for now. If this clause needs to be amended, then this can be looked into in the future. Let the rule of law prevail!
That was what I said sometime ago. That tuat clause is a lacuna and the drafter of the constitution must have intentionally put it there without foreseen a difficult situation the country fell in to in this year presidential election. Howbeit, the judges at the superior court used emotions to interpret that section of the constitution.
It is a well known fact that our constitution are filled with alot of lacuna and as they are seen, the National Assembly have routinely tinkered with those sections. The best is to tinker with the same section after the delivery of sound judgement.

2 Likes

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Larryndelaw: 12:10pm On Sep 11, 2023
PDP always playing to media and IPOB mob.
Is that what PDP spokesman supposed to be doing .
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Programmer47: 12:10pm On Sep 11, 2023
Validated:

If original indigene were relocated like you said, then were original indigenes of Lagos also related?

If Lagos could get a state status after original indigenes were relocated, why deny Abuja?

Or does that not confer on Abuja the special status?

See ehn, APC brainless mobs are the most hypocritical animals you can ever come across. Zero sense, zero rationality, just bigotry, religious sentiments and insults
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Larryndelaw: 12:11pm On Sep 11, 2023
HarryGleb:
Way to go. Since Abuja doesn't have any special status then they should have what other states have. Those injustices have set a bad precedent.
Another IPOB spotted. Always looking for ways to.move to goal.post
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Tareq1105: 12:12pm On Sep 11, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Another hearsay from Bala.
Bala is disorganized.
😁

"...I am hearing that the indigenes of Abuja... "
- Daniel Bwala.

Can you see what Atiku has turned this vibrant lawyer to? Daniel Bwala is now hearing that.. imagine!
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by legitnow1: 12:12pm On Sep 11, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

That was what I said sometime ago. That clause is a lacuna and the drafter of the constitution must have intentionally put it there without foreseen a difficult situation the country fell it into in this year presidential election. Howbeit, the judges at the superior court used emotion to interpret that section of the constitution.
It is a well known fact that our constitution are filled with alot of lacuna and these are seen as they come out and the National Assembly have routinely tinkered with those sections. The best is to tinker with the same section after the delivery of sound judgement.

THE SUPREME COURT ALREADY PREVIOUSLY UPHELD THAT 25% FCT COMPULSORY.

SO, I DONT KNOW WHAT PEPT WAS THINKING, OR THEY READ WHAT WAS HANDED TO THEM.

1 Like

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Enahjay28(m): 12:15pm On Sep 11, 2023
DaTruths:
I'm not a fan of oppression, but for Equity sake Abuja indigenous people should have their own Governor and 3 senators since they are like any other state.

Because it means an indigene of Abuja would never have the hope of Becoming a Governor till the rest of his life.

Since no Nigerian is bigger than any Nigeria in terms of votes, why can't Abuja indigenes be able to become a governor in their lifetime like every other Nigerian from another states?

Does it mean other Nigerians from other states are more Nigerian that Abuja indigenes?

What an intelligent question and remark. PEPT judgement has put the Nig. Constitution standing on its head vis-a-vis FCT abuja status. Simply put, No Abuja Indigene/origin can ever aspire to be a Senator nor a Governor in his life time, consequently,that demeans him/ her to be a less Nigeria . As interpreted by the PEPT since Abuja has no special status. Which way Nigeria indeed.

1 Like

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Archtype(m): 12:15pm On Sep 11, 2023
People who find it offensive for Lagos a Former FCT to be called "No Man's Land" by H.E Jakonde is now calling Abuja "No man's land"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by ElSudani: 12:15pm On Sep 11, 2023
Programmer47:

Don't mind these disingenuous fools. They don't even vet whatever they receive in their WhatsApp groups before they start their peak fooling

Then go to court and present yourself as an indigene of the FCT and get your own disgrace. There's no ambiguity in this. This is even more clear than the 25% percent requirement nonsense.
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:17pm On Sep 11, 2023
DaTruths:

I'm not crying for them na, i was just trying to make a point.

PDP and labor party uniting in 2027 without Atiku stepping down won't work.
stepping down for who? Even if Atiku don't contest obi won't get the ticket 2027 a Northerner ll still fly PDP flag even if not Atiku... Even in America Washington DC isn't a state so don't expect fct to be a state...
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by pacesetting: 12:17pm On Sep 11, 2023
Relocated where?
ElSudani:
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by stagger: 12:19pm On Sep 11, 2023
You see now?
I pointed it out to some people last week that the moment Abuja loses its special status in the eyes of a court and is treated as a state, then the position of Minister and Minister of State for the FCT immediately becomes untenable.
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by legitnow1: 12:19pm On Sep 11, 2023
BEST JUDGEMENT IS TO DISQUALIFY WHO DONT HAVE 25%.

ORDER RERUN FOR THOSE WITH 25% OR DECLARE ONLY CANDIDATE WITH 25% WINNER.

UPHOLD OUR CONSTITUTION.

NATURALLY, A PRESIDENT MUST GET MINIMUM 25% OF COUNTRY CAPITAL.

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Tareq1105: 12:20pm On Sep 11, 2023
legitnow1:

THE SUPREME COURT ALREADY PREVIOUSLY UPHELD THAT 25% FCT COMPULSORY.

SO, I DONT KNOW WHAT PEPT WAS THINKING, OR THEY READ WHAT WAS HANDED TO THEM.

Good, it's going back to supreme court justices to tell Nigeria and Nigerians if residing in FCT confer votes advantage or veto power on me over other Nigerians residing outside FCT in deciding who becomes the president of Nigeria.

Nigeria and Nigerians need to know if the residents of FCT are special Nigerians who have the voting power to nullify any leading contestant even after meeting all the scores required to be declared winner.

We should know if all Nigerians are equal before the Law and Constitution.

We should know if we would have to transfer our PVC to FCT

This is good for our judicial jurisprudence.
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Foodhub2023: 12:20pm On Sep 11, 2023
9jatriot:
4 or 8 is a long term to keep displaying this type of mental disorder.

Obi and his dient people should know that 2023 election is not the first in this country and will not be the last. In every election, there will always be a winner and couple of losers.
Sometimes i think people here need to go anf check der mental status before commenting on any Topic, this could have been a god ground for sane people to learn but because of people like you sane one stand from afar, there is nothing wrong if an argument like this comes up. It wil give room for improvement. I think you need to be checked

1 Like

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by BreconHills(m): 12:21pm On Sep 11, 2023
Polar thinking is like a disease.

Many Nigerians cannot make sense of two opposing facts. Haba.

1. Abuja is not a state.

2. For the sake of elections Abuja is treated like state.

It's simple if your brain is not polar black or white

2 Likes

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Mombebe: 12:21pm On Sep 11, 2023
9jatriot:
4 or 8 is a long term to keep displaying this type of mental disorder.

Obi and his dient people should know that 2023 election is not the first in this country and will not be the last. In every election, there will always be a winner and couple of losers.

If you must be addressed as His Excellency,let the process that brought you to status be excellent, that's all we want, it's not about winning by hooks and crooks.
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Programmer47: 12:22pm On Sep 11, 2023
ElSudani:

Then go to court and present yourself as an indigene of the FCT and get your own disgrace. There's no ambiguity in this. This is even more clear than the 25% percent requirement nonsense.

Why should I? That's why people are represented. There is already a case being instituted with the Supreme Court.
Lagos did not lose its indigenes but stupidness will not allow you to reason well

1 Like

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by legitnow1: 12:22pm On Sep 11, 2023
Tareq1105:

Good, it's going back to supreme court justices to tell Nigeria and Nigerians if residing in FCT confer votes advantage or veto power on me over other Nigerians residing outside FCT in deciding who becomes the president of Nigeria.

This is good for our judiciary jurisprudence.

WITH A YORUBA CHIEF JUSTICE,HE MAY THROW AWAY THE CONSTITUTION FOR TRIBAL GOALS. AND AMBITION.

HE HAS ALREADY SHOWN EXAMPLE AT TRIBUNAL OR U THINK THAT IS BEYOND/BENEATH HIM?

?HE WILL SELECT THE JUDGES TO HEAR THE CASE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Emu4life(m): 12:22pm On Sep 11, 2023
ElSudani:
Relocated to where?

1 Like

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by hardbody: 12:22pm On Sep 11, 2023
Jogs1900:
State creation is an act of the parliament I.e. the legislature.They should channel this request to the national assembly.

I did not think I should join this fray but permit me to correct one impression. While the legislature makes the law, the judiciary interprets it and the law is what the courts say that it is.

1 Like

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by pacesetting: 12:23pm On Sep 11, 2023
Abuja has a unique status in Nigeria. That's why no tribe can come out and say we own this place, just as they are doing in Lagos and other places.

It doesn't have a governor. So, why treat it like a state only during elections?
Ezewuzie01:
Sounds like propaganda until the case is actually instituted. FCT residents don't have two heads to be hold veto power over other citizens of Nigeria. Their case will be thrown out. All the justices of the appeal and supreme courts are indigenes of certain states and you can take it to the bank that none of them will ever accept the wrong interpretation that voters in their own states are inferior to FCT residents.

3 Likes

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by wasuka14(m): 12:23pm On Sep 11, 2023
PDP and obidients miscreants are too mumu. Is this how best an opposition can be No propaganda issues you will raise today or in future that you won't meet your size in court. After this, what else? You will lule today, tomorrow, and in future.

References1:

https://thewhistler.ng/tribunal-judgement-abuja-indigenes-head-to-court-to-demand-governor-3-senators-reps-state-assembly/?fbclid=IwAR0vIRm_q8kDaM1wiLjvebW0ZyHGFjV7_ksNz3Asrtr6O6ZrP-Qupc0FpXw

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Mombebe: 12:23pm On Sep 11, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

They are agreeing that everyone is the same and that FCT is like other states that is why they want what other states receive

If it must be equality of votes,then let there also be equality of representation.
And let the constitution of the country be interpreted properly for equity and justice.

1 Like

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Mitsurugi(m): 12:24pm On Sep 11, 2023
Ezewuzie01:

Demented goat learn to read and understand. They can go to court but they have no case.

And they have no Case, how? If the FCT is not special and is like a state why doesn't it have its own elected officials for the indigenous like "other states"? This is one of the reasons why constitutional lawyers have been crying out against this constitution. It's manifestly flawed
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Mitsurugi(m): 12:26pm On Sep 11, 2023
hardbody:

I did not think I should join this fray but permit me to correct one impression. While the legislature makes the law, the judiciary interprets it and the law is what the courts say that it is.

The Judiciary will create a basis for the legislature to act appropriately.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Daniel Bwala Celebrates Meeting President Tinubu In Saudi Arabia / BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud / Southern Kaduna Celebrates The Appointment Of Musa As Chief Of Defence Staff

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.