Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,121 members, 7,883,908 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 06:26 PM

My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! (14441 Views)

My Ex Wants Me To Marry Her Best Friend, Pls Advice. / Here Are 6 Signs Your Ex Wants You Back / My Married Ex Wants To Compensate Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by na2day2(m): 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2007
una still dey for this yeye topic? ok, i bi ur ex, i want to have sex, pls reply in person(bodily) grin grin grin
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by woleprof(m): 3:43pm On Sep 14, 2007
@contributors

You guys are wonderful, i guess members of NL are getting matured daily. I had to wait until now to reply to this topic becos most members in similar thread.

@topic

Im going to be very concise and explicit.

Now consider the following:

1. Breaking up:
In every relationship that has been secretly stained with a particular likeness and selfish interest by one or two of the players (knowing or unknowingly) must crash no matter how long. (Ask someone about a failed relationship)
An when this happens, the person involved must have found a better alternative. However, the other party (the unsuspecting victim) would go through emotional trauma (i have been a victim b4) that could terminate the existence of such person if not properly handled. Most times, such breakups though painful, but are blessing in disguise. Ask yourself is urs a blessing?

2. Acceptance & New found Love
At the end of every trauma, its time to decide whether to love again or not; some would be scared, others could be bold to take the risk again (with absolute cautions though) to avoid the repetitions of wat had befell them. Some are lucky, others could be unfortunate as the may be a victim of another heart break in their sojourn for a true love. Ask your self are u fortunate with your new found love?

3. Hunting past
The most common thing that comes after the collapse of a serious relationship is the unforgettable past. Now, it could come in different ways and manners. For discussion purposes, im using this; sometimes, the new found love may not be up and doing in a particular area, consequently, the mind of one time victim of heart breaks goes back to the former partner. Then the picture of the former partner could be fully made clearer if one does not handle wt special care. (this is also applicable to both the betrayer and the betrayed). When this happens, one may not derive satisfactions in every part of the new found relationship and it may be foretelling an imminent danger. Ask yourself; do you still feel hunted by the good times you shared with your ex?

4. your decision
At this stage what matters is you attitude and decision as to what u actually want. Do u want to go back to your terrible past and be left in the cold again? do you want to be retarding or accelrating? Do want to concentrate on how to build ur current relation to beat the past or remain stagnant? or Do u want to face the future and forget ahead letting your paste die unattended to? The decision u make at this point is your only succor, because no one else can make decision for u.

@poster

a. T o make sure u dont loose our current relationship, open up to your current boy friend and be sincere with him.
b. Im sure he (your ex) knows knw weak point and he wana use it against you.
c. He (your ex) has been betrayed or disapointed by his new lover and needed to use someone to heal his heart.
d. im sure if he (your ex) had needed your help outside to make u come back to him, he would have told u that on the phone.
e. "if" you must see him in person, let him know your are coming with your boy friend (and be security conscious), (probably he maybe coming to seek for your apology)
f. No matter what happens, dont let your b/friend be suspicious and also dont go back to him (from experience, it doesn't work out im most cases)

Conclusion:
No one can make a choice for u, its your life.
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by mariejane(f): 5:59pm On Sep 14, 2007
pls dont go!
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by bagoma(f): 9:00pm On Sep 14, 2007
i'd advice you go for the lunch.
what the hell? will you avoid him all your life?
is the way to prove to yourself and to him that you're really over him.
who knows he might want to tell you he's getting married or something along that line.
i say, you go. what harm could it do? i see none whatsover!
this is a chance to discover the truth. dont pass it up.
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by na2day2(m): 12:23am On Sep 15, 2007
akava!!! so he travels all the long distance just to tell her he is getting married? nice try. this isnt the 12th century u knw. wateva happen to telephones? they make these things for a reason, learn to use them and they will save u many a journey.

bagoma:

i'd advice you go for the lunch.
what the hell? will you avoid him all your life?
is the way to prove to yourself and to him that you're really over him.
who knows he might want to tell you he's getting married or something along that line.
i say, you go. what harm could it do? i see none whatsover!
this is a chance to discover the truth. don't pass it up.

Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by tasiana(m): 8:59am On Sep 15, 2007
except u want Okafors Theory(Once nacked,stands nacked and can be renacked) to apply in ur case ma dear,say a big no!
if he cant give u a hint of wat he needs to talk about on the phone,then it isnt a matter of life n death.He might just be coming to spoil the good one u ve going.Either way,its ur call,ur choice but be wise.cheers
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by kingsol4u: 12:44pm On Sep 15, 2007
ohhhhhhhhhh that is right with u?but i would like to have your e mail adrress so that will can chat more better?mine is kingsol_outlaw2001@yahoo.co.in
so pls ?why is that girls does not like to stay with man?
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by hotchic1(f): 10:38pm On Sep 15, 2007
@ poster,

I will advise you to inform you new guy about this and i will expect him to allow you to go but will only tell you to be careful

You can never be too sure that you can handle him,you might think you can and get there to find him irresistible.

But nevertheless,it might be worth goin there to listen to whatever he's got to say but make sure you keep your new guy informed.
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by ibrahiem(m): 10:34am On Sep 18, 2007
pls.dont dare make dat mistake cus if i were guy and i got such approval 2 come,i will have da impression dat u have been waiting 4 dis day 2 come.cherish wat u have at hand b/4 u lose it.tell him dat access has been DENIED, [color=#000099][/color]
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by tglaz(m): 11:41am On Sep 18, 2007
i dont know y gals fall into the trap of their exes?is it cuz guys are smart or witty or wat?
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by nimath(m): 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2007
@poster,
my dear,just folow ur heart o.k?
LUV YA,
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by swiftycool(m): 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2007
nimath:

@poster,
LUV YA,

Habba bros!, wich one b di love own inside now?, abeg no come confuse the sista oh
The old "i love u" wey them tell am still dey affect am, you still wan come join ya own.
Take ya time o  grin just kidding
Honey girl if u r not strong, i repeat dont go, we exes have our ways o. i know what he can do. Cheers
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by na2day2(m): 7:22am On Sep 19, 2007
go go go go, then come back and cry and tell us ur sad story on a new thread
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by mimigoof: 7:48am On Sep 19, 2007
WHAT ARE U PEOPLE STILL DOING IN HERE, E NEVER DO!
E DON DO ABEG! grin grin grin grin
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by mariejane(f): 6:38pm On Sep 19, 2007
well if u r really sure u v purged urself of what u have 4 him,u can consider lunch,if not,
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by Ikiriye(m): 3:12am On Sep 20, 2007
baby be careful sha,you neva can tell if he still the mr rite 4 you.watch out his intention,notice d way he talks and c if he has really changed.plz no sex even in the next 3 months of contact.i feel things might workout,we all make bad mistakes perhaps he is penitent.what is yours will be yours so pray over and tell God to pass over the cup if he is fake(funny but it works) cheers
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by youngdigi(m): 12:51am On Sep 21, 2007
lol, shes prob gone to see the guy by now
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by henry007(m): 12:56am On Sep 21, 2007
and he has prolly nacked her toto 2 finish by now
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by mekaboy(m): 11:02pm On Sep 21, 2007
So if u are told to allow him you will allow fim to make the trip? So the room decides what happens to your?

Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by IdeyVex1(m): 3:48am On Sep 22, 2007
@ Pinkttea

I would say this:
1. What kind of relationship did you have with this guy and what led to the break up. If it was his fault that the break up occured, maybe he has realized it and wants to make amends. It doesn't necessarily mean he wants to make a comeback.
2. Ask him if it is possible to discuss on the phone. Let him understand that you are already in a relationship and then watch his reaction.
3. If you are unsure of your reaction to him, then don't meet him. If you are very sure you are over him, then meet him and listen to what he has to say.

Feel me?
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by giftnwa(f): 12:31pm On Sep 23, 2007
I think he wants a come back and he sees you as somebody
he can get back anytime, may be it was the kind of lov you
were prophesing 2 him when the road was smooth smiley smiley smiley
there is nothing much he will say,he wants lunch,are u a kid?
dont you know what grown ups talk while dating,what do you
think the guy will say,do u think he wants to marry anoda girl
and wants 2 let u know,or may be he wants to travel outside
de country n wants 2 tell u first?which is NO.he wants two of
you to start all over again.if ur truelly serious wit ur present
boyfriend and luvs him,just tell the guy to talk it over on phone
that ur travelling.unless you stil love him and wants him back
and forget the present one,fine giv him a chance again,may be
dis one will work both of you 2 altar
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by Dekie(f): 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2007
@poster
Let him come.Tell ur boyfriend about his request (if u have mentioned him in the past) and meet him in the company of your boyfriend.No be talk? The three of yuu can do the talking together.It makes life easy for everyone
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by na2day2(m): 2:45pm On Sep 24, 2007
in this case, 3 is a big crowd

Dekie:

@poster
Let him come.Tell your boyfriend about his request (if u have mentioned him in the past) and meet him in the company of your boyfriend.No be talk? The three of yuu can do the talking together.It makes life easy for everyone
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by XYZ3(m): 3:07pm On Oct 07, 2007
baby grl, shit happens. After 9 months and he still wants to have a talk, listen to what he has to say.
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by ufobabe(f): 6:15pm On Oct 07, 2007
i feel the guy still loves u. just go and pray and let God direct u. he may have a secret agenda 2 harm u since ur relationship wasn't based on sex.

we here in nairaland are all human.and we can only advice u 2 the best of our knowledge.
God knows all even b4 human plan.

pray 2 God, who knows he maybe coming 2 propose 2 u.

just met God first b4 u give him answer whether 2 come or not.
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by tega78(f): 4:31am On Jan 13, 2008
3 letters, hun, DNR (Do Not Resusitate!!)

1 Like

Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by squirrel20(f): 7:12pm On Feb 06, 2008
he probably wants you back but if you say you are happy where you are now, then it's better you tell him you can't make it and whatever he has to tell you, he should tell you via the phone or can as well e-mail it to you.
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by PERVERT9: 7:37pm On Feb 06, 2008
from lunch and talk it would lead to another thing abeg sofri sofri o
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by AuntyDr: 11:10pm On Feb 11, 2008
Pinkttea, you sound liked a strong woman. I think that if you really wonder what he has to say, even if your relationship was lust-based, then go for the meeting. You seem secure in your present relationship. Even if you have tiny embers for this past flame, as a woman, I do believe you can keep them under control. I believe men can to, but usually choose not to.

Anyway, it seems fairly obvious he wants a comeback. Listen to what he has to say. Be honest. If he is disappointed, he looses, and you get the satisfaction of a little revenge perhaps. If he manages to win you back, then your present relationship was never worth its weight in gold. Somehow I dont think this ex will succeed. But that, really, is up to you.
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by TOYOSI20(f): 2:30am On Jan 09, 2009
@ Topic

Dont see anything wrong wid lunch and a friendly convo!!!!!!!!!!! undecided
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by topup: 2:47am On Jan 09, 2009
Wow, you didn't speak for 9 months?!?!

I was going to say that it depended on how you two ended, but NO!

You've mentioned that you refuse to leave your current boyfriend, well no need to test your word by putting yourself in such situations. Ask him what he wants to chat about, and if it's just to apologise (depending how you two broke up) I think he could do it over the phone. Ask why he has to make the visit to you, because you never know what 'traps' or 'tricks' he might have in stall to remind you of what you two had and make you possibly crave it, even if you don't want to return to him, you'll be wasting your time thinking about how to deal with your ex instead of focusing on being with your current.

I'm hoping for all the best.

Who cares what his intentions are, they are very unlikely to be completely innocent, and can't he chat with you over the phone?

If you do meet him, make some excuse to say that your current boyfriend and you have an appointment so you can leave before anybody gets carried away.

This has reminded me of a topic I started about obtaining closure smiley. I don't know why I assume the girl was the one most hurt by the breakup? - Maybe it's because this guy is the one to initiate the 'get together', and the fact she's moved on and maybe his 'candy' left him or didn't work out.

Anyways, if he wants to apologise, it would be cool if you could find it in yourself to let him have a settled conscience, if he wants to get you back, you can always laugh in his face which is sweet, but you have to be really strong and sure in your new guy to be completely unaffected by the get together, you don't have to want him back, for the memories to flood back etc. .

All the best smiley

Keep us informed.
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by kodewrita(m): 5:08pm On Jan 23, 2010
@topup nice work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Questions Do You Ask Your Potential Partner On Your First Date? / Exquisite Photos Of Beautiful Muslim Women / A Lady Reveals The Things They Have Done For The D*ck & Most Of Them Are Crazy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.