Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,465 members, 7,881,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 04:36 AM

South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time (3974 Views)

Braai: See What South Africans Typically Have For Christmas Lunch (PICS) / Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried / Cameroonian Lady Disses Nigerian Food On Twitter, Nigerians Respond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Silentgroper(m): 11:55pm On Oct 22, 2023
Samantha124:
Fried bananas... grin grin grin.. Do you guys add salt or sugar when cooking them?
umm ...

We don't fry bananas down here .. just plantain..
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by 1Sharon(f): 1:15am On Oct 23, 2023
Lol they went straight to the deep end. I wish they stuck to jellof, fried rice, plantain.

Those meals are good for beginners.
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 23, 2023
Can you please make the whole thing clear to your fellow Nigerians here by telling them that we don't have plantains in SA.

Because each time I say it here, some of them just think I'm acting boujee.
ghettochild:

It's from Mozambique....and few from ghana, Nigeria and Cameroon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by TheKingsmann(m): 6:44am On Oct 23, 2023
Silentgroper:
umm ...

Omo u just dey follow that girl everywhere, make una dey behave unaselves now
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by hammerFC: 8:05am On Oct 23, 2023
Samantha124:
Can you please make the whole thing clear to your fellow Nigerians here by telling them that we don't have plantains in SA.

Because each time I say it here, some of them just think I'm acting boujee.

na wa ooo...

which african country dont have plantain.

go and start planting them, immediately.

u will make so much profit.

better yet sell fried plantain, yam,sausage and chicken from 11am to 11pm
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Silentgroper(m): 8:58am On Oct 23, 2023
TheKingsmann:
I just dey try educate am ... I no dey follow am everywhere ..

Check well ...
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by TheKingsmann(m): 10:22am On Oct 23, 2023
Silentgroper:
I just dey try educate am ... I no dey follow am everywhere ..

Check well ...
Lolz I dey see you for some threads and you dey always quote her hence my reply 😄
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Silentgroper(m): 12:58pm On Oct 23, 2023
TheKingsmann:
Lolz I dey see you for some threads and you dey always quote her hence my reply 😄

We get along like that ... Hence the usual conversation...

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Silentgroper(m): 12:59pm On Oct 23, 2023
hammerFC:

na wa ooo...

Had me flaggerbasted when I read her post where when she mentioned "fried banana"

Was like wtf!!
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by hammerFC: 1:10pm On Oct 23, 2023
Silentgroper:

Had me flaggerbasted when I read her post where when she mentioned "fried banana"

Was like wtf!!

Fried banana?

Which planet is thst?
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Silentgroper(m): 1:27pm On Oct 23, 2023
hammerFC:

Fried banana?

Which planet is thst?
hahahaha

South African planet...
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 23, 2023
We also don't have yam... undecided undecided undecided
hammerFC:

na wa ooo...

Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 23, 2023
Well, I've never seen plantains in reality before... smiley smiley smiley
Silentgroper:
umm ...

Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 23, 2023
So you've noticed?😂😂😂... He wants to find a way to smuggle me into Nigeria, but so far his plans have been failing one after the other...😂😂😂
TheKingsmann:
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by hammerFC: 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2023
Samantha124:
We also don't have yam... undecided undecided undecided

I'm starting to reconsider marrying a SA woman after these revelations.

Is dat how, i would have died because of yansh?
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 23, 2023
So you also like yansh?🤣🤣🤣
hammerFC:

I'm starting to reconsider marrying a SA woman after these revelations.

Is dat how, i would have died because of yansh?
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by hammerFC: 4:00pm On Oct 23, 2023
Samantha124:
So you also like yansh?🤣🤣🤣

Why not?

On a serious note, this is one big business idea you just drop here.

Change up the chicken and chips, with yam, plantain and chicken.

U know, have the alternative.

Do u guys have suya?

1 Like

Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 23, 2023
Who's gonna buy those yams and plantains when we're used to our pap, samp, atchaar, and chakalaka?

Well, some people might buy just to explore, but most would still stick to their local food... Maybe it might work out, I don't know... One needs to do proper research before considering the idea of opening a Nigerian restaurant.

Comrade, you keep bringing up these terms that I don't know... What's suya
hammerFC:

Why not?

On a serious note, this is one big business idea you just drop here.

Change up the chicken and chips, with yam, plantain and chicken.

U know, have the alternative.

Do u guys have suya?

1 Like

Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by hammerFC: 4:15pm On Oct 23, 2023
Samantha124:
Who's gonna buy those yams and plantains when we're used to our pap, samp, atchaar, and chakalaka?

Well, some people might buy just to explore, but most would still stick to their local food... Maybe it might work out, I don't know... One needs to do proper research before considering the idea of opening a Nigerian restaurant.

Comrade, you keep bringing up these terms that I don't know... What's suya

Whateva they like, we add to it but the yam would be made irresistible and sweet.

U know fried platain is also very sweet.

Add suya and then bring in the atchaar, and chakalaka.

I'm in business and will make money over there.

Suya is Nigeria most loved night street food.

The night is never complete without suya.
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 23, 2023
Can you explain to me what is suya?
hammerFC:

Whateva they like, we add to it but the yam would be made irresistible and sweet.

U know fried platain is also very sweet.

Add suya and then bring in the atchaar, and chakalaka.

I'm in business and will make money over there.

Suya is Nigeria most loved night street food.

The night is never complete without suya.
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by hammerFC: 4:25pm On Oct 23, 2023
Samantha124:
Can you explain to me what is suya?

Ok, suya is marinated beaf, chicken, goat or lamb.

They leave it in the suya sauce over night and them grill it in the night, served with onions, tomatoes and suya powder

Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 23, 2023
This is what we call braai.
hammerFC:

Ok, suya is marinated beaf, chicken, goat or lamb.

They leave it in the suya sauce over night and them grill it in the night, served with onions, tomatoes and suya powder
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by hammerFC: 4:28pm On Oct 23, 2023
Samantha124:
This is what we call braai.
Girl u have to taste it to recognise, seeing it wont give you the experience, plus aroma.
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 23, 2023
With the way you're talking, you sound like someone advertising his restaurant food...😂😂😂
hammerFC:
Girl u have to taste it to recognise, seeing it wont give you the experience, plus aroma.

Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by hammerFC: 4:32pm On Oct 23, 2023
Samantha124:
With the way you're talking, you sound like someone advertising his restaurant food...😂😂😂

U just inspired an SA business plan.

How can an African country not eat yam?

Do u know we hold a whole ceremony for yam, every year?

1 Like

Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by hammerFC: 4:36pm On Oct 23, 2023
This right here is a whole thread about ceremony for yam, with Governor and all the dignitaries in attendance.

the yam is the star of the occasion.

https://www.nairaland.com/7886171/colourful-pictures-anambra-state-new#126557480

Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 23, 2023
We have our own native food though.

No, I don't know about the festival.
hammerFC:

U just inspired an SA business plan.

How can an African country not eat yam?

Do u know we hold a whole ceremony for yam, every year?
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by hammerFC: 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2023
Samantha124:
We have our own native food though.

No, I don't know about the festival.

See the thread, it is called New Yam Festival.

I tell u, if u try Nigeria Jellof Rice, Suya and grilled chicken, u will be addicted.

People visit Nigeria just for this. grin
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by hammerFC: 4:47pm On Oct 23, 2023
This is the Suya spice.

Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2023
It's great that your food attract tourists.

Speaking of food, I haven't eaten anything since morning... I had so much work to do that I didn't have time to eat or drink anything.

It's now that I tried eating something, but it's like my stomach doesn't want anything, yet I have abdominal pains due to the hunger and a severe headache, I also feel a bit dizzy.

I've learned my lesson today, I'm never skipping breakfast again because I might not have time for lunch.
hammerFC:

See the thread, it is called New Yam Festival.

I tell u, if u try Nigeria Jellof Rice, Suya and grilled chicken, u will be addicted.

People visit Nigeria just for this. grin
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by hammerFC: 5:00pm On Oct 23, 2023
Samantha124:
It's great that your food attract tourists.

Speaking of food, I haven't eaten anything since morning... I had so much work to do that I didn't have time to eat or drink anything.

It's now that I tried eating something, but it's like my stomach doesn't want anything, yet I have abdominal pains due to the hunger and a severe headache, I also feel a bit dizzy.

I've learned my lesson today, I'm never skipping breakfast again because I might not have time for lunch.

Go and buy that food, u mentioned earlier that you SA love.

I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 23, 2023
Nah, I'll make a fruit smoothie and have some juice and biscuits afterwards... I've been hungry for way too long that I don't even have any appetite for solids.

I'll try the solids later.

I don't know if it's just me, but if I get hungry for a while without eating anything, I end up losing appetite for solid food and I'll need to start my meals with soft food first.
hammerFC:

Go and buy that food, u mentioned earlier that you SA love.

I'm sure you will enjoy it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Is The Most Consumed Foods In Nigeria: Garri, Bread Or Rice? / 10 Reasons To Avoid Eating Instant Noodles / Where Can I Learn How To Make Pizza In Nigeria?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.