Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,465 members, 7,881,634 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 04:31 AM

South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time (3973 Views)

Braai: See What South Africans Typically Have For Christmas Lunch (PICS) / Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried / Cameroonian Lady Disses Nigerian Food On Twitter, Nigerians Respond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Yankiss(m): 11:09am On Oct 27, 2023
Samantha124:
Well, good luck.. smiley smiley smiley
Thank you! grin You can also recommend a pretty Southerner.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 27, 2023
I don't like hooking up people because when things go down south, I'll be the one to be blamed.

Use your power and influence to find one... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Yankiss:
Thank you! grin You can also recommend a pretty Southerner.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Yankiss(m): 11:48am On Oct 27, 2023
Samantha124:
I don't like hooking up people because when things go down south, I'll be the one to be blamed.

Use your power and influence to find one... cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin @ emphasis on power and influence grin grin Nothing is going down south. Anyway, your view respected. grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 27, 2023
Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't it that the purpose of being a royal leader is to preserve the royal culture and encourage the community to do the same thing?

If the answer is yes, then why want a woman who's unfamiliar with your cultural practices and language?
Yankiss:
grin grin grin @ emphasis on power and influence grin grin Nothing is going down south. Anyway, your view respected. grin
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Yankiss(m): 7:42pm On Oct 27, 2023
Samantha124:
Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't it that the purpose of being a royal leader is to preserve the royal culture and encourage the community to do the same thing?

If the answer is yes, then why want a woman who's unfamiliar with your cultural practices and language?
You are partly right and partly wrong. It doesn't take long to assimilate foreign cultures. In less than a year, a foreigner, by association is already conversant with several sociocultural practices. Yes, the king preserves tradition and culture. Culture is dynamic. The positive aspect of that cross fertilization is the possibility of importation of positive cultures from other areas.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
Let's say you get married to a stubborn foreign woman.. What then? Would you divorce her when you could've avoided the whole thing in the beginning?

I don't know about Nigeria, but if we had to be honest with ourselves, when it comes to traditional African marriage, there's no such a thing called divorce, once you're married, you're married.
Yankiss:
You are partly right and partly wrong. It doesn't take long to assimilate foreign cultures. In less than a year, a foreigner, by association is already conversant with several sociocultural practices. Yes, the king preserves tradition and culture. Culture is dynamic. The positive aspect of that cross fertilization is the possibility of importation of positive cultures from other areas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Yankiss(m): 7:58am On Oct 28, 2023
Samantha124:
Let's say you get married to a stubborn foreign woman.. What then? Would you divorce her when you could've avoided the whole thing in the beginning?

I don't know about Nigeria, but if we had to be honest with ourselves, when it comes to traditional African marriage, there's no such a thing called divorce, once you're married, you're married.
Stubbornness is proof of individuality. It's not a ground for divorce. Even though a king is used to being obeyed and stubborn queen can be challenging but that can be handled. Traditional marriage is final here too. Once a queen, always a queen as the saying goes. The only ground for divorce is spousal infidelity which brings opprobrium to the crown. And I believe that is universal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 28, 2023
Okay, if you put it that way.
Yankiss:
Stubbornness is proof of individuality. It's not a ground for divorce. Even though a king is used to being obeyed and stubborn queen can be challenging but that can be handled. Traditional marriage is final here too. Once a queen, always a queen as the saying goes. The only ground for divorce is spousal infidelity which brings opprobrium to the crown. And I believe that is universal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Yankiss(m): 1:52pm On Oct 28, 2023
Samantha124:
Yes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Yankiss(m): 8:24pm On Oct 29, 2023
Samantha124:
You can go ahead then

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 29, 2023
Go ahead with what?
Yankiss:
You can go ahead then
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Yankiss(m): 10:33pm On Oct 29, 2023
Samantha124:
Go ahead with what?
recommendation.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 30, 2023
I'm sure you know what to do yourself... smiley smiley
Yankiss:
recommendation.
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Yankiss(m): 10:22am On Oct 31, 2023
Samantha124:
Sure! grin

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Yankiss(m): 6:47am On Nov 01, 2023
Samantha124:
I do and will. Thank you.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Localemperor: 1:53pm On Nov 02, 2023
Samantha124:
Can you please make the whole thing clear to your fellow Nigerians here by telling them that we don't have plantains in SA.

Because each time I say it here, some of them just think I'm acting boujee.
Hi Good day Sam,

Have you thought about the business of having a plantain plantation in South Africa? Considering the country Don't grow it and relied on import thereby making it expensive.

You plant it once and harvest every year. Takes 6 month for your harvest.
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 02, 2023
SA climate isn't suitable for them... I'd just be wasting my time and money.
Localemperor:
Hi Good day Sam,

Have you thought about the business of having a plantain plantation in South Africa? Considering the country Don't grow it and relied on import thereby making it expensive.

You plant it once and harvest every year. Takes 6 month for your harvest.
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Localemperor: 2:24pm On Nov 02, 2023
Samantha124:
SA climate isn't suitable for them... I'd just be wasting my time and money.
Sorry I'm persistent, but I do feel that plantain might become the next gold mine in South Africa due to the acceptability index around the world and you would be the first in your country or locality is cash in on it.

The soil could be treated and 40% made artificial. You only plant once and that is it. Plantain is different from banana by the way grin

Pls if I'm not bordering you, I would like to see a picture of the soil texture.

Do S-Africans sale lands to other Africans who intends to go into agriculture?
Re: South Africans Eating Nigerian Food For The First Time by Benwallt(m): 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2023
eliyke:
crye Dey funny me hw Nigerians go Dey mock South Africa ,e no better say white Dey control or influence us than d ancestors wey Dey rule us for some years nw?u wey ur follow black Dey tortureā€¦..

How old is Trump, Biden?

Blackman is the most worthless creation of God.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where Can I Learn How To Make Pizza In Nigeria? / How To Make Soybean Milk At Home With Simple And Easy Steps / Making A Heart Shaped Cake Without A Heart Cake Tin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.