Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,988 members, 7,873,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:21 AM

No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) (45590 Views)

Napoli Players Blame Osimhen For Champions League Exit / Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi / Insigne Rubbishes Talks Of Him Angry At Osimhen For "Stealing" His Goal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Gbadugbakun(m): 9:56pm On Nov 07, 2023
undecided
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by tesppidd: 9:57pm On Nov 07, 2023
Difrent:
No Surprises
Have they not been saying it

NIGERIA HATES ANYTHING IGBO
That's why Nigeria didn't vote for him

No be me talk am ooo ..... Na wetin I dey hear igbos say everywhere

One igbo dude even said Nigeria is afraid that if Osimhen wins BalloD'or he will grant them Biafra that's why they didn't vote for him

Once more ....no be me talk am o
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by ClearFlair: 9:57pm On Nov 07, 2023
Shame
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by toffyz(m): 9:58pm On Nov 07, 2023
Because he doesn't deserve to win it.

They voted for whom they feel deserved to win, without sentiments.

That's fairness 💯

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Ekugbeh(m): 9:59pm On Nov 07, 2023
That's was for the final round of voting and Osimhen shouldn't be on the list

5 Likes

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by ottersberger(m): 9:59pm On Nov 07, 2023
Kingray10:
This is a disgrace to Nigeria...
Spit....

Nigeria is a disgrace as well.
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by fkelly(m): 9:59pm On Nov 07, 2023
The vote was for world best and not country side best, or continental best.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by mayor1814: 9:59pm On Nov 07, 2023
We attach emotions to many things in Nigeria and Africa. Loyalty at times is different from reality. Those who understand the game of football very well know that Messi is the best ever.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Blake755: 10:00pm On Nov 07, 2023
Balon d or the award get as e be something that is voted by jounerlist how e go take make sense
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by toffyz(m): 10:01pm On Nov 07, 2023
Ekugbeh:
That's was for the final round of voting and Osimhen shouldn't be on the list

I agree with you 💯
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by koolaid87: 10:01pm On Nov 07, 2023
Franzinni:
It's the nature of the melanated kind... Crab mentality is default. That is why you never let them know your next move, just use them as stepping stool if anybody them loose guard

Using someone as a stepping stool is one of the features of crab mentality.

Africans are naturally inferior to other races except for those who embraced knowledge of self. I would have voted for victor or mbappe.
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Confirmedzombie: 10:01pm On Nov 07, 2023
Resetinc:
It’s not your general election where tribalism, religious & ethic bigotry determine who gets your vote … 😂

But you won't type this if he was igbo guy.

Hupocrite

1 Like

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by othermen: 10:02pm On Nov 07, 2023
If Osimhen played for the UK, with his accomplishments last season, the story will be told how he is greater than Maradona. Even when Messi didn’t make the podium, Argentina understood.

2 Likes

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Confirmedzombie: 10:02pm On Nov 07, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
Thank God they voted based on OBJECTIVITY and not SENTIMENT and the best of the very best player won.

But you voted obi out emotions, sentiment, ethnicity and religion.

Objectivity wound una dere
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by mayor1814: 10:06pm On Nov 07, 2023
The major reason why many tapnaldo fans are still finding it difficult to recognize messi as the best player ever is their loyalty to Tapnaldo. When u have a strong or uptight or blind loyalty like that, u will find it hard to see other things clearly. That is the kind of blind loyalty some Nigerians are expecting from that Nigerian journalist that voted for messi.

Tapnaldo fans will not even bother to watch Messi matches except they feel Messi has a chance of losing. E.g. the way they rallied round France and mbappe on December 18, 2022.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by osazsky(m): 10:07pm On Nov 07, 2023
Bloody Muslim hypocrite
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by IfnobeGod20: 10:10pm On Nov 07, 2023
People still carry their nepotism to the world stage by saying no African nation voted Osimen. Osimen was never a competing player where Messi, Mbappe and Haaland fixture. I don't see any ill feeling at all.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Laple0541(m): 10:10pm On Nov 07, 2023
Was Osimhen in top 3?

Those votes were for the guys in top 3.

2 Likes

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by asanausana91: 10:11pm On Nov 07, 2023
Atleast Cameroon voted for mbape. Nigerians and corruption I swear I don't know who go separate that marriage.
Please who represented Nigeria in this voting, let us know his name for future consideration.
This is the same way they collected Dollars in Abuja and voted for the wrong human being.

1 Like

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 07, 2023
Messi is a messi and the messi is a G.O.A.T

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by asanausana91: 10:11pm On Nov 07, 2023
Please I want to know who represented Nigeria.
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Solomonkeeng: 10:11pm On Nov 07, 2023
Can you hear ur self. Argentina voted Messi while Norway voted haaland, Cameroon vote their own. I rest my case
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Numerouno94(m): 10:14pm On Nov 07, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Cameroon voted Mbappe so Nigeria should have voted Osimhen.

The other countries do not have their nationalities on the ballot. The Sports Ministry should investigate this kind of nonsense that keeps happening even when election holds for seats on international bodies.

How on earth will you vote against your own who keeps sacrificing time to honour national call up. The NFA owes this young man a serious apology. This is disgraceful and completely unacceptable! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Oga stop capping trash. The Balon d'or organizers selected journalists that re competent and objective to take part of the voting process. They didn't select people who will want to vote along religious or ethnic line. The Journalists voted for the person they feel deserves the award. The Balon d'or voting is meant for people wit sense. Not for people like u that supports terrorist Hamas because ur a Muslim and will support APC even wen they re messing up, and will support a presidential candidate because his a Yoruba Muslim like u. No b ur type them dey select. So rest.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by mayor1814: 10:15pm On Nov 07, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Cameroon voted Mbappe so Nigeria should have voted Osimhen.

The other countries do not have their nationalities on the ballot. The Sports Ministry should investigate this kind of nonsense that keeps happening even when election holds for seats on international bodies.

How on earth will you vote against your own who keeps sacrificing time to honour national call up. The NFA owes this young man a serious apology. This is disgraceful and completely unacceptable! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Are u not sacrificing ur time and efforts to honour Nigeria? Praise urself. When osihmen was using useless bicycle kick to do unwarranted skills in the world cup qualifying play off match against Ghana that eventually Nigeria crashed out, did he apologize to any Nigerians for breaking their hearts that night?

Sentiment or loyalty is different from reality or objectivity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Angelfrost(m): 10:17pm On Nov 07, 2023
So?!!! They should leave those they love and believe should win and vote someone else out of nationality?! For wetin?!!

This is such a backward reasoning.

What would the voter even gain from anyone winning even if he is from the same country?!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by DiamondPant(f): 10:18pm On Nov 07, 2023
Jonathan stole the votes!
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by asanausana91: 10:18pm On Nov 07, 2023
Babangidapikin:
That shows fairness
you called it fairness? Are you normal?
Tell me how you will feel if the country you sweat for did not recognize you. Cameroon proudly voted for Mbape even when he is not even playing for them. I will not blame people like Saka for refusing to play for Nigeria.
Nigeria my country!!!
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Whatisurproblem(m): 10:20pm On Nov 07, 2023
Babangidapikin:
That shows fairness
Fairness from where?
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Mayeldah(m): 10:21pm On Nov 07, 2023
Like them like Buhari...

They voted for others against their people. Inferiority complex!!!

The names of Nigerian reps for the ballon d'or should be published let's greet them here.
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by toprealman: 10:21pm On Nov 07, 2023
thesicilian:
Sentiments aside, Osimhen can never win the balon dor with a club like Napoli.
That’s not the point is it? Check how they voted in France , Argentina and Norway. Argentina did not even mention the Mpappe and Haarland at all.
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by DarkJeddi(m): 10:22pm On Nov 07, 2023
I would not have voted Osimhen.
Everything no be racism..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by asanausana91: 10:22pm On Nov 07, 2023
thesicilian:
Sentiments aside, Osimhen can never win the balon dor with a club like Napoli.
must he win? Atleast show him that you are with him. Cameroon voted for Mbape, what stops Nigeria from voting for Osimhen?
Let the guy know that his country is proud of him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Usain Bolt Celebrates His 30th Birthday With A Twerking Girl At Club (VIDEO) / Messi Surprised By Magical Ronaldo Showing / Argentina Vs Mexico FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (2 - 0) On 26th Nov 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.