Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,426 members, 7,881,560 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:54 PM

No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) (45644 Views)

Napoli Players Blame Osimhen For Champions League Exit / Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi / Insigne Rubbishes Talks Of Him Angry At Osimhen For "Stealing" His Goal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Numerouno94(m): 10:37am On Nov 08, 2023
mayor1814:
The major reason why many tapnaldo fans are still finding it difficult to recognize messi as the best player ever is their loyalty to Tapnaldo. When u have a strong or uptight or blind loyalty like that, u will find it hard to see other things clearly. That is the kind of blind loyalty some Nigerians are expecting from that Nigerian journalist that voted for messi.

Words on marble.

In a nutshell, tapnaldians re zombies.gringrin

Tapnaldo fans will not even bother to watch Messi matches except they feel Messi has a chance of losing. E.g. the way they rallied round France and mbappe on December 18, 2022.

1 Like

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by tesppidd: 10:40am On Nov 08, 2023
Numerouno94:

This man, where u go hide?grin
I dey ohhh
πŸ‘
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Numerouno94(m): 10:41am On Nov 08, 2023
mayor1814:

Are u not sacrificing ur time and efforts to honour Nigeria? Praise urself. When osihmen was using useless bicycle kick to do unwarranted skills in the world cup qualifying play off match against Ghana that eventually Nigeria crashed out, did he apologize to any Nigerians for breaking their hearts that night?

Sentiment or loyalty is different from reality or objectivity.

That guy reasoning no b here oo. He has never made any meaningful comment. Muntulas plenty for Nairaland.gringrin

1 Like

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Slurity(m): 10:43am On Nov 08, 2023
Lordsonn:
As posted on Facebook by Khalid

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid01CHGC7oWAWBAyc2E3Pi64qMUojGH8kX4SfsgCyfAse3o7A8SxkQvtJXUWWGvJeB5l&id=100057670164901&mibextid=2JQ9oc
That is not a shame but that of fairness. We are not racist like the white.
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by DarkJeddi(m): 10:48am On Nov 08, 2023
codemaniacs:

His opinion,he is entitled to it..
If Osimhen merits Ballon d'Or..
The whole world will trump it..
You all love you some victim mentality..
Everything is racism and racist to you..

The quote below answers you

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by DarkJeddi(m): 10:49am On Nov 08, 2023
codemaniacs:

The quote below answers you

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Chukwunonso1: 11:01am On Nov 08, 2023
So Balon'dor is by voting. How does Messi rig it then?
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by codemaniacs: 11:20am On Nov 08, 2023
DarkJeddi:

Everything is about support..

it is self-hatred not to support your own..

If Osimhen didn't make the final 3 to be voted winner then the Nigerian journalist should vote for Mbappe not Messi and not Haaland.

1 Like

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Mccullum: 11:20am On Nov 08, 2023
The award has been politicized and commercialized since 1995.

They should stop deceiving people.

Tell us the journalists, coach and captain that represented Nigeria

in their claimed voting system that voted against Osihmen.
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Eriokanmi: 11:39am On Nov 08, 2023
thesicilian:

If you're going to compare AC Milan and PSG of the 90s with Napoli of today, then you're clearly the one who needs a history lesson.
AC millan wasn't a popular club that time, just like napoli in ranking, if truly you are in tune with football history, which i doubt. The club rose from nowhere to stardom, all thanks to George Weah, just like FC Porto did for the very first time and won that major trophy against all odds when Jose Mourinho was their helmsman..

AC Milan and FC Porto really shocked many. AC Millan brought Weah into limelight, same way Porto did for mourinho as a result of their undispitable outstanding performance in their profession. You can read more about them, especially the ac millan which produced weah as the world best in his generation
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Franzinni: 11:45am On Nov 08, 2023
codemaniacs:

black people are not the same that's your foolish ignorant opinion.

black people speak over 700 different languages, have different facial and physical features.
you are prime example... Pretty slow and dimwitted... You fail to grasp simple concepts unless spoonfed to you, infact you make my point clearly
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Demurray: 12:10pm On Nov 08, 2023
thesicilian:

If haaland had won the world cup and Messi won the treble, who do you think would have won the ballon dor? They'd still have given it to Messi.
Nigerians need to stop this loyalty mentality and make business decisions. If osimhen just wants to play good football and enjoy himself, he can dedicate his life to Napoli. But if he's after recognition, he has to move to a bigger club like Real Madrid or Barcelona
Yes you are right Haaland can't win it now because he has never appear on the podium before like those that have one in it in the past.

On Oshimen,I'm not against him moving to bigger clubs if they come knocking but still stood on the ground that he could win it in Napoli if he truly deserve it. Weah of Liberia won it with AC Milan , so other African footballer can also win it
I'm not in support of tribalistic vote though

1 Like

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Zxcvbnmghtr: 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2023
Dancebreaker:

Portugal voted for their own Bernardo Silva. Was he really the best? Did they believe he would win? No.
I can understand France voting for Messi, so that at the right time, more countries might vote for Mbappe like they voted for Benzema last year.

But there is no foreseeable time when many countries will vote for a Nigerian to win. So vote for yours.

Time will tell. The truth is if not for Ronaldo, Messi would have won this award too many times.
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by codemaniacs: 1:51pm On Nov 08, 2023
Franzinni:
you are prime example... Pretty slow and dimwitted... You fail to grasp simple concepts unless spoonfed to you, infact you make my point clearly

You're not making any point with your ignorance and foolishness. you are delusional to think you're not dimwitted and extremely dull and un-intelligently slow to understand anything about black people.

your lack of intelligence ensures you don't grasp easy things and concepts unless the whyte man tells you...

you have mental issues and need psychiatric attention.
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by buJu234: 2:13pm On Nov 08, 2023
please ignore other african countries..

charity begins at home..

Even the Nigerian rep didn't vote for him..

I think the NFA needs to be called to explain why
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Max24: 3:01pm On Nov 08, 2023
Do you think world cup is like Obis people that only voted for Obi due to bigotry? Like Obi won 95% in his region and still lost the general vote. Lesson for everyone.
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Shediq: 4:27pm On Nov 08, 2023
Join us this Sunday by 8pm as we host you on free session on how to use 500 naira to buy 4gb mtn data and 150 to by 1.2 gb data. πŸ’―πŸ’―

Join us and stop spending too much on your data😍😍

Join through the linkπŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

https:///DiaNn7c4Rhh6DaQt30JGii
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Franzinni: 4:52pm On Nov 08, 2023
codemaniacs:

You're not making any point with your ignorance and foolishness. you are delusional to think you're not dimwitted and extremely dull and un-intelligently slow to understand anything about black people.

your lack of intelligence ensures you don't grasp easy things and concepts unless the whyte man tells you...

you have mental issues and need psychiatric attention.
you see how you just regurgitated everything I said about you ... I could not expect to find a better specimen. You are a prime example
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by codemaniacs: 4:55pm On Nov 08, 2023
Franzinni:
you see how you just regurgitated everything I said about you ... I could not expect to find a better specimen. You are a prime example

you see how you just regurgitated everything I said about you ... I could not expect to find a better specimen. You are a prime example.
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 08, 2023
codemaniacs:

Everything is about support..

it is self-hatred not to support your own..

If Osimhen didn't make the final 3 to be voted winner then the Nigerian journalist should vote for Mbappe not Messi and not Haaland.

We are filed with self hate and unconsciously worship any lighter skin.
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by mayor1814: 5:22pm On Nov 08, 2023
Numerouno94:

That guy reasoning no b here oo. He has never made any meaningful comment. Muntulas plenty for Nairaland.gringrin

Bro. I shock oo wen d guy made that comment. Sentiment at its peak. I will always love Nigeria but wen it comes to choosing the best players in world history there can't be any Nigerian in top 10. And that is the bitter truth and reality.

Will I say because I'm a Nigerian and I love Nigeria, I will now rate Rasheed Yekini or Jay Jay Okocha as better football players than Diego Maradona or Ronaldo de Lima of Brazil? That is never happening. We need to look more at facts or reality.
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by mayor1814: 5:25pm On Nov 08, 2023
Skyview01:

We are filed with self hate and unconsciously worship any lighter skin.

I will be proud to rate George Weah as better than all Nigerian players in history. Does that make George weah white or light skin? Look more at fact and reality bro.
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by AmadorSays: 8:47pm On Nov 08, 2023
Na wa o, were they not supposed to vote for the top 3? He wasn't in the top 3 now, well what do I even know about the voting, make I just dey one side jejely dey enjoy my music with my new oraimo spacepods.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uruguay Vs France: World Cup (0 - 2) - Full Time / Argentina Vs Mexico FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (2 - 0) On 26th Nov 2022 / FIFA Bans Spezia For Four Years After Signing Nigerian Minors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.