Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,989 members, 7,873,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:27 AM

No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) (45591 Views)

Napoli Players Blame Osimhen For Champions League Exit / Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi / Insigne Rubbishes Talks Of Him Angry At Osimhen For "Stealing" His Goal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by thesicilian: 5:46am On Nov 08, 2023
Sleekfingers:

You are absolutely right. Duse is just wasting his time in Napoli.
Like Jay Jay okocha
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by thesicilian: 5:47am On Nov 08, 2023
asanausana91:
must he win? Atleast show him that you are with him. Cameroon voted for Mbape, what stops Nigeria from voting for Osimhen?
Let the guy know that his country is proud of him.
toprealman:

That’s not the point is it? Check how they voted in France , Argentina and Norway. Argentina did not even mention the Mpappe and Haarland at all.
There's a reason I started the statement with "sentiments aside"
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by thesicilian: 5:51am On Nov 08, 2023
Lion21:

George Weah won the world best playing for ac Milan so why can't oshimen do it again with Napoli
AC Milan of those days was equivalent to Barcelona and Madrid of today.
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Ebubu: 5:51am On Nov 08, 2023
Resetinc:
It’s not your general election where tribalism, religious & ethic bigotry determine who gets your vote … 😂
but France voted mbappe.

Rgentina voted messi

Portugal voted ronaldo
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by sharpwriter(m): 6:11am On Nov 08, 2023
Difrent:
No Surprises
Have they not been saying it

NIGERIA HATES ANYTHING IGBO
That's why Nigeria didn't vote for him

No be me talk am ooo ..... Na wetin I dey hear igbos say everywhere

One igbo dude even said Nigeria is afraid that if Osimhen wins BalloD'or he will grant them Biafra that's why they didn't vote for him

Once more ....no be me talk am o
Osimhen na Edo boy born in Lagos, not igbo angry
Those who said that na mumu
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by asanausana91: 6:12am On Nov 08, 2023
DarkJeddi:
Voting for him is encouragement?
He finished 8th and that is more than enough encouragement..
You obviously don't know how the votes work..
I will bet you nobody hardly vote Osimhen as their first choice..
And neither would I..
Because he didn't merit it, full stop.
And by the way, Mbappe is French..
Mr man go and check where Mbape come from.
So Saka is not a Nigerian abi? Go find out your root. Cameroon know that Mbape is their son and Nigeria knows that Saka is their son.
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Blazebond(m): 6:15am On Nov 08, 2023
Lol,shebi na Messi Nigeria vote for,black slaves that don't have a mind of their own, Nigerians willingly supported Messi and Argentina against their own super eagles during the world cup in 2018,I was shocked at how pathetic the black man can be,how dead in the mind we are as people,it is so sad to say this but the black man will continually be a slave to the white man.

1 Like

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Banhammy717: 6:16am On Nov 08, 2023
Even Nigeria?
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Blazebond(m): 6:23am On Nov 08, 2023
Resetinc:
It’s not your general election where tribalism, religious & ethic bigotry determine who gets your vote … 😂

You are a FOOL and you will suffer a FOOLS Fate.
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by CrownedPhoenix: 6:29am On Nov 08, 2023
Lion21:

George Weah won the world best playing for ac Milan so why can't oshimen do it again with Napoli

AC Milan is a 7-time EUFA Champion's League winner.

Put some respect on that.

1 Like

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Whobedatte(m): 6:32am On Nov 08, 2023
Blazebond:
Lol,shebi na Messi Nigeria vote for,black slaves that don't have a mind of their own, Nigerians willingly supported Messi and Argentina against their own super eagles during the world cup in 2018,I was shocked at how pathetic the black man can be,how dead in the mind we are as people,it is so sad to say this but the black man will continually be a slave to the white man.
Everything no be racism guy .

1 Like

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Lekan239(m): 6:51am On Nov 08, 2023
omoadeleye:
Una sha wan carry nepotism enter world event, so those who they voted for did not merit their votes right?
if you check well, the post is coming from our brothers from one region of the

1 Like

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by stuffs2002: 6:51am On Nov 08, 2023
inoki247:
Lol same people always playing the Racism card can't even support a Black like them...

We know he can't win Nigeria his country why not just waste the Vote to support him....

Ashez:
That's the height of the hatred in this country
Naija don cast las las, but there is tiny hope remaining, not the renewed one ooo, Real hope that soon, Nigerians will recover their country

oneman2k7:
Nigeria my country, always value oyinbo more than their own. Thank God Gaza is not on the list.

Franzinni:
It's the nature of the melanated kind... Crab mentality is default. That is why you never let them know your next move, just use them as stepping stool if anybody them loose guard

Kingray10:
This is a disgrace to Nigeria...
Spit....

Africans always playing the emotional card.

That is why other continents are always progressing ahead of Africa because they try to pick to best for a position based on merit and not on sentiments.
The vote was not based on sentiments

The vote cast was objective.
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by toprealman: 7:06am On Nov 08, 2023
DarkJeddi:
Na only you know the Conspiracy theory you are cooking up..
Here we go, never mentioned any of such tripe🤣🤣🤣
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by GOZILLA(m): 7:14am On Nov 08, 2023
Una suppose get sense

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Niwdog(m): 7:17am On Nov 08, 2023
Trash
During african best player award
Let each country vote for their country man let's see if Osihmen will win
Me self won't vote for Osihmen
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Samunique(m): 7:17am On Nov 08, 2023
marlow1962:

If you like vote from now till thy kingdom come, oshime is good no doubt, but he can never win that award.
Oyibo no go Lev Messi and other of their kind , carry award give black man (e cun be black man from Nigeria).
If you want to experience first hand racism from superiors, go into football.
At least that would have moved him upward a little bit, he was 8th, maybe he would have come up like 5 or 6th best.
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Ensquare(m): 7:22am On Nov 08, 2023
It would have been a wasted vote.
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Franzinni: 7:27am On Nov 08, 2023
richie240:

Everybody cannot be narrow minded and nepotistic as obidients nau. How will u see a messi and an Erling Halaand there and ur small mind tells u to vote osimen becus "he's awa bloda"?

This was what played out in the last election. I remember saying that most obidients had rather vote a goat or a chicken whose owner is a kinsman than vote a human being from other tribes.

If what u type had dropped from d mouths of obidients I won't have bn surprised, but from you?? So, what's d difference btw this logic and that of the average obidient?

What u are clamouring for is exactly what the obidients are doing in nigeria: nepotism, which is what rational Nigerians are frowning at.

Should you then blame the average igboman for sticking out his head for obi despite knowing he's not competent? Did osimen perform better than mbappe, messi or halland?
cool
well I don't watch football so my perspective is based of general character
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by OLamylove: 7:31am On Nov 08, 2023
marlow1962:

If you like vote from now till thy kingdom come, oshime is good no doubt, but he can never win that award.
Oyibo no go Lev Messi and other of their kind , carry award give black man (e cun be black man from Nigeria).
If you want to experience first hand racism from superiors, go into football.
Osimhen Can win It, he just needs to be the Best, doesn't matter where his from
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Fearyourcreator: 7:45am On Nov 08, 2023
thesicilian:
Sentiments aside, Osimhen can never win the balon dor with a club like Napoli.
Let him have good numbers with treble... and not a WC year , maybe he no go collect am
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by pquaver(m): 8:03am On Nov 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Cameroon voted Mbappe so Nigeria should have voted Osimhen.

The other countries do not have their nationalities on the ballot. The Sports Ministry should investigate this kind of nonsense that keeps happening even when election holds for seats on international bodies.

How on earth will you vote against your own who keeps sacrificing time to honour national call up. The NFA owes this young man a serious apology. This is disgraceful and completely unacceptable! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Nigerians always sentimental.. The sacrifice is why he is paid high salary.. You can vote him for that in Sacrifice d'or not in balond'or.. Balon d'or is for best player.. No dey carry sentiment enter.. When Europeans voted goeorge weah didn't they have players conrest against him?
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Codes151(m): 8:24am On Nov 08, 2023
Why should THIS USELESS award be determined by a few?

Anybody way no Dey play sportybet no suppose Dey vote.
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Tobacco2: 8:24am On Nov 08, 2023
even nigeria no vote am yet some people say messi robbed the award
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by IfnobeGod20: 8:38am On Nov 08, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Why did cameroun vote Mbape whose father is Camerounian but but chose France instead, even joined his teammates to defeat cameroun in a major tournament? Nigeria betrayed osimeh,.period. they're disloyal to him.
If we need to ask ourselves hard core question,is Osimhen among the three core contestants? This is the same mentality we carry in politics that have degraded out governance. Always playing tribalism, sectionalism and ethnicity and not quality. Cameron that voted Mbappe knew he performed to be voted for and he is among the three talked about players to win the Balloon D'or. You people should bury this idea of our own when competency and performance is called please. If I was part of those to vote, I will sure vote either Messi or Mbappe in lieu of Osimhen. His name can never cross my mind.

1 Like

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by quickly: 8:55am On Nov 08, 2023
They voted based on fact and not sentiment.

Balon dor is for the best player and not highest goal scorer.

If Nigeria qualified for the last WC and went to final or winning with Osimhen playing a big role. I am sure he would have been given one or two votes.

1 Like

Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Orinechi: 9:02am On Nov 08, 2023
Good. Why should they waist their votes? They have learnt lessons from what happened to my brothers from the east
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by codemaniacs: 9:31am On Nov 08, 2023
Qoko:

You be mumu, this is not a Nigeria election, this is merit based election, assuming is African football players, Osimen will win.
DarkJeddi:
Mbappe is French,so you and Cameroonians should stop your by force attachment..
You think the Ballon d'Or is your gwegiri Nigerian politics, where tribalism and religion dictates your vote?
DarkJeddi:
Osimhen was clearly not better than Messi..
So,why should I vote for him?

DarkJeddi:
You have been letting tribalism and religion dictate your choices in this sh1thole..
How far has it brought you?
DarkJeddi:
Insult to who?
Does Osimhen merit the Ballon d'Or, based on his performances?
In fact, show me a country that voted for Osimhen as their first choice?

The quote below answers you

Omoawoke2:
Omoh!! Na Africa dey do Africa

Before you scream competency, please note that Whites will always be sentimental and will choose theirs first over others.
Life’s not fair and no true equality exist, the best you could do is try as much to favor your own.

What a shame. Even Nigeria
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by codemaniacs: 9:46am On Nov 08, 2023
Franzinni:
you are right but you have to understand your future is in your hands and most black people abhor the progress of others and as such using them in context means be who they expect you to be to avoid friction if not they will gatekeep you once your goal is clear. I speak from experience... Serial experience

black people are of different ethnicities and are not a monolith group..

using the term "most black people" is very ignorant and foolish because there are black people who are zulus, akan, haiti, brazilian, black american, yoruba, hausa, igbo and other ethnicities.

grouping black people as one is madness and ignorance.
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Franzinni: 10:05am On Nov 08, 2023
codemaniacs:

black people are of different ethnicities and are not a monolith group..

using the term "most black people" is very ignorant and foolish because there are black people who are zulus, akan, haiti, brazilian, black american, yoruba, hausa, igbo and other ethnicities.

grouping black people as one is madness and ignorance.
black people are the same ... Everywhere you find them .. even those seperated by 400 years still have the same mentality... You are the one who have decided to remain ignorantly foolish on the matter becasue you have come to the conclusion that becasue they have different tribes that means they are different ... Can you point out significant differences in black people globally ? Anywhere on the world ? They are all the same regardless of origin.
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by codemaniacs: 10:24am On Nov 08, 2023
Franzinni:
black people are the same ... Everywhere you find them .. even those seperated by 400 years still have the same mentality... You are the one who have decided to remain ignorantly foolish on the matter becasue you have come to the conclusion that becasue they have different tribes that means they are different ... Can you point out significant differences in black people globally ? Anywhere on the world ? They are all the same regardless of origin.

black people are not the same that's your foolish ignorant opinion.

black people speak over 700 different languages, have different facial and physical features.
Re: No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) by Numerouno94(m): 10:33am On Nov 08, 2023
tesppidd:
grin grin
This man, where u go hide?grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Usain Bolt Celebrates His 30th Birthday With A Twerking Girl At Club (VIDEO) / Messi Surprised By Magical Ronaldo Showing / Argentina Vs Mexico FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (2 - 0) On 26th Nov 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.