Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,393 members, 7,937,192 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 04:40 PM

ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) (29297 Views)

Burna Boy Celebrates His Grammy Nomination With His Mother And Team / Aka Congratulates Burna Boy For Grammy Nomination!!! / Wizkid And Simi Congratulate Burna Boy For Grammy Nomination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by hafeeanubasy: 12:17am On Nov 12, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Haters like the one below can go and hug transformer.
Those people are soo stupid.
All the nominees and previous nominees from Nigeria has alot of yoruba infusion.

Yet,they will never advised phyno and flavour who are still struggling with headies to stop singing in Igbo or whatever.

Their coordinated attack on yoruba language has been soo worrisome.

3 Likes

Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by hafeeanubasy: 12:23am On Nov 12, 2023
franchasofficia:
Really a sad situation for Nigeria as a country.

Since 2015 Nigeria have been rolling backwards on a very fast trajectory and Nigerians are all staring and shining their teeth sheepishly thinking as long as they are making money from whatever crime or illegality or foolish things they are doing that it means Nigeria is moving forward, so it doesn't matter if animals, criminals and incompetent fools continue to perpetuate themselves as leaders of Nigeria while making stupid policies that make Nigeria uninhabitable.

Year in year out we continue to move backward as a nation, all thanks to useless Presidents, Governors, Senators, Court Judges, Justices and corrupt civil servants working tirelessly in their various sectors to ensure Nigeria is completely destroyed via stealing, looting, selling judgments, making stupid laws and enthroning criminals as political leaders.

If care is not taken, what happened in Israel thousand years ago that their nation became marred with famine, hardship, diseases, insecurity and pestilence such that Jews had to migrate out in droves to every part of the world in search of greener pastures will happen in Nigeria because if things continue like this under APC, most Nigerians will migrate to any country they can afford leaving Nigeria for terrorists, criminals, gangsters and hooligans to occupy. Just a matter of time, let us continue being tribalistic, its only our tribesmen that must rule Nigeria and occupy every key political positions even if they are incompetent and criminals it doesn't matter so long as they attend the same religious house we attend and bear the same tribal name we bear, they can continue to rule and destroy Nigeria for all we care, no wahala na
Mr man,cut the chase!

The only tribe that almost gave 100% votes to thier tribesman in the last election was not even the winner of the election!
And funny enough,the only tribes accusing others of tribalism gave all their votes to their son.

Atiku lost bornu to Tinubu
Tinubu lost lagos to OBI and osun to Atiku
OBI won all the states on his own tribe land

Yet to OBI brothers,others are tribalist.
By the way,Is Anambra today not supposed to be the exanple of the new Nigeria the former governor of Anambra promised us?
Are Anambra workers receiving more salary than national average?
Are their better roads in Anambra than other states?
Do they have metros?
Is their civil service and health care system the best in the country?
Was Peter OBi too not going to seek health care abroad after his tenure?

So,why the incessant attack on and blackmailing of people that rejected your own package fraud with tribalism?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ornu5dcooq8

3 Likes

Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by CoronaVirusPro: 12:27am On Nov 12, 2023
Asake deserves the nomination but Rema was was robbed broad day light!
Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by IbileIfe: 12:31am On Nov 12, 2023
officialwdhtv:
ASAKE celebrates his GRAMMY nomination. He was nominated alongside Olamide in the Best African Music Performance cartegory for their hit song “Amapiano,”

Congratulations!!!

#wetindeyhappentv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi46itK_mhc

Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by Tetraozonaitera: 2:13am On Nov 12, 2023
Dodada:

But beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

You got me

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by ericmor: 2:52am On Nov 12, 2023
Las las, Grammy will become a regular thing for Nigeria as it has gotten to a stage where best Nigeria music category will be created
Kudos to king sunny Ade, baba fela, D banj and Big Wizzy that took Nigeria music to the highest level that we are now well recognize abroad now.
Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by ericmor: 2:56am On Nov 12, 2023
[quote author=hafeeanubasy post=126918753]
Those people are soo stupid.
All the nominees and previous nominees from Nigeria has alot of yoruba infusion.

Yet,they will never advised phyno and flavour who are still struggling with headies not to stop singing in Igbo or whatever.

Their coordinated attack on yoruba language has been soo worrisome.[/quoite] if they stop singing in Igbo, how will they then promote their own? We Yorubas are known in the music industry now become we kept pushing it and believe in it. That's how it work

1 Like

Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by ericmor: 2:59am On Nov 12, 2023
Onucs:

Have u listened to the lyrics of that song?

They only listen to the beat
Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by ericmor: 3:06am On Nov 12, 2023
Laple0541:
Does Grammy nominations really worth celebrating? I’m just asking for a friendly ooo.

Anyways, I wish him and other Nigerian nominees the best.

Yes, because it takes your music and status to a greater level and you will be known and accepted by great artist all over the world.
Been on the list alone can make an American artist know u and call for collabo
Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by PHAYOL81: 3:13am On Nov 12, 2023
Congrats bro, more wins ahead, IN SHA ALLAH....... Ameen
Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by bewla(m): 3:55am On Nov 12, 2023
N3TRAL:
If the nomination of three or four citizens for the African category of an Anglo-American award is celebrated across the country's Social media space like we defeated Malaria, malnutrition, natal and infant mortality, unemployment, perennial poverty, hunger, mass illiteracy, and insecurity, then it is most candid to say that we've failed as a country.

I don't know if we can ever rise seeing how bad we've fallen.

We've always focused on the least utilitarian things that are usually irrelevant while neglecting the most important things that can make our society a liveable realm.
Wohs let Hamas start giving free VISA to volunteer and see how many wan japa
Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by Shevchenkko: 5:42am On Nov 12, 2023
N3TRAL:
If the nomination of three or four citizens for the African category of an Anglo-American award is celebrated across the country's Social media space like we defeated Malaria, malnutrition, natal and infant mortality, unemployment, perennial poverty, hunger, mass illiteracy, and insecurity, then it is most candid to say that we've failed as a country.

We've always focused on the least utilitarian things that are usually irrelevant while neglecting the most important things that can make our society a liveable realm.
Said by someone who have supported and defended demonic and clueless Apc govt. Hypocrites everywhere
Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by Vifx: 5:59am On Nov 12, 2023
Antoeni:
Calm down Topped all charts and Rema still wasn't nominated for grammy
It’s not eligible
Because of the time it was released
Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by Difrent: 6:14am On Nov 12, 2023
N3TRAL:

[b]like we defeated Malaria, malnutrition, natal and infant mortality, unemployment, perennial poverty, hunger, mass illiteracy, and insecurity, [/b]then it is most candid to say that we've failed as a country.

Do you mean people should not celebrate because they are poor....or diseased.....or hungry....or illiterate.....or insecure?
Or what exactly are you driving at.
Even in Gaza right now some people are celebrating (even if muted)

Dey play
Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by Thegoodone13(m): 7:02am On Nov 12, 2023
If we are into science as we are celebrating music in Africa, Africa could have move forward.
Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by TheSuperX(m): 7:10am On Nov 12, 2023
N3TRAL:

WORD!
Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by Kenmatt(m): 7:13am On Nov 12, 2023
ericmor:

Yes, because it takes your music and status to a greater level and you will be known and accepted by great artist all over the world.
Been on the list alone can make an American artist know u and call for collabo

Nigerian Artists are better and bigger than their American counterparts.

Let it sink into your head
Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by Greggdekor007: 7:28am On Nov 12, 2023
N3TRAL:

During the recent CBN Naira crunch, I asked a well-learned lady, who is the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria? she couldn't provide the answer. This is the reality with so many of us nowadays. Clout chasing - uneducated clouts. Just Social media. Quote me, only a few that go into problem-solving creativity will emerge in the next decade
Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by Gentlelox: 7:39am On Nov 12, 2023
N3TRAL:

you will live long
Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by Gentlelox: 7:41am On Nov 12, 2023
Goodvibes007:

What's unique about the Nigerian nominees is that they are all from the Yoruba stock of Nigeria. Even Burna is part Yoruba. Yoruba is a tonal language; hence, sweet for music production.
u are irritating...

So you don turn am to tribal thread... I fit kill person lyk u ... Useless tribalist.
Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by Raydos: 7:55am On Nov 12, 2023
N3TRAL:

Bro I thought I was the only one that kept saying this!!

We focus on Stupid things while we wallow in abject poverty, I mean, Entertainment can't make a country rich, Only massive investment in Technology and human development can

I usually don't watch Nigeria content on TikTok or Instagram, But yesterday I try to change my location to Nigeria and watch some of their contents, Bro 99% of videos I saw were about sex and sh*t by their so-called contents creator sexualizing women at every chance they get, I just shook my head and switched back to another location!

It's very sad, we focus on Stupid things like Sex, Music, drugs and discuss stupid topics

At this point, This Race is irredeemable!!

1 Like

Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by Rayjnr: 8:05am On Nov 12, 2023
ericmor:
Las las, Grammy will become a regular thing for Nigeria as it has gotten to a stage where best Nigeria music category will be created
Kudos to king sunny Ade, baba fela, D banj and Big Wizzy that took Nigeria music to the highest level that we are now well recognize abroad now.

Why will they have special one for African artist?, Its like Paralympics
Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by Rayjnr: 8:06am On Nov 12, 2023
This is no different from Paralympics, if not why have a special category for africans only?

1 Like

Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by Rayjnr: 8:15am On Nov 12, 2023
Kenmatt:

Nigerian Artists are better and bigger than their American counterparts.

Let it sink into your head

I agree to some extent with what you say but they are discriminating against us, why will they have separate African category?, It is like Paralympics.
Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by phemmyfour: 8:41am On Nov 12, 2023
N3TRAL:

There is nothing to be celebrated in other sectors. May God give you the grace to celebrate your wins and accept what you cannot change
Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by udede(m): 9:18am On Nov 12, 2023
guru90:

You said it all... wetin Asake is singing self..... I never know yet....
Rema is deep, relevant, cool and collected, unpredictable with prospect like WizKid so he is a treat and should not be allowed too much space.
Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by Fearyourcreator: 10:29am On Nov 12, 2023
N3TRAL:

Most wey dey suffer from inferiority complex .. most of The masses no get sense
Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by Fearyourcreator: 10:33am On Nov 12, 2023
franchasofficia:
Really a sad situation for Nigeria as a country.

Since 2015 Nigeria have been rolling backwards on a very fast trajectory and Nigerians are all staring and shining their teeth sheepishly thinking as long as they are making money from whatever crime or illegality or foolish things they are doing that it means Nigeria is moving forward, so it doesn't matter if animals, criminals and incompetent fools continue to perpetuate themselves as leaders of Nigeria while making stupid policies that make Nigeria uninhabitable.

Year in year out we continue to move backward as a nation, all thanks to useless Presidents, Governors, Senators, Court Judges, Justices and corrupt civil servants working tirelessly in their various sectors to ensure Nigeria is completely destroyed via stealing, looting, selling judgments, making stupid laws and enthroning criminals as political leaders.

If care is not taken, what happened in Israel thousand years ago that their nation became marred with famine, hardship, diseases, insecurity and pestilence such that Jews had to migrate out in droves to every part of the world in search of greener pastures will happen in Nigeria because if things continue like this under APC, most Nigerians will migrate to any country they can afford leaving Nigeria for terrorists, criminals, gangsters and hooligans to occupy. Just a matter of time, let us continue being tribalistic, its only our tribesmen that must rule Nigeria and occupy every key political positions even if they are incompetent and criminals it doesn't matter so long as they attend the same religious house we attend and bear the same tribal name we bear, they can continue to rule and destroy Nigeria for all we care, no wahala na
You are rolling back or Nigeria... infrastructure is improving and some collected soft loan from govt and didn't not pay back at all
Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by Tundex911: 11:09am On Nov 12, 2023
As whereas Ballor d'or

udede:
there is politics in grammy
Re: ASAKE Celebrates His GRAMMY Nomination (Pics/Video) by Udoboss(m): 11:33am On Nov 12, 2023
Raydos:

Bro I thought I was the only one that kept saying this!!

We focus on Stupid things while we wallow in abject poverty, I mean, Entertainment can't make a country rich, Only massive investment in Technology and human development can

I usually don't watch Nigeria content on TikTok or Instagram, But yesterday I try to change my location to Nigeria and watch some of their contents, Bro 99% of videos I saw were about sex and sh*t by their so-called contents creator sexualizing women at every chance they get, I just shook my head and switched back to another location!

It's very sad, we focus on Stupid things like Sex, Music, drugs and discuss stupid topics

At this point, This Race is irredeemable!!

It's so bad....95 % of skit are sex .

Yesterday, I was wondering : is it that these boys can't think of anything. ?
The way my generation is glorifying sex you'll wonder whether asides sex there's nothing to do..

Did you see a clip where a former BBN house mate was interviewed. She was asked what can she bring to the table The first thing that came from her mouth was pussy.

I cried in my heart..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rick Ross In Obalende Market / Agbani Darego Steps Out In Style (photos) / Davido With Tinashe And Rappers, Rae Sremmurd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.