Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,878 members, 7,872,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:04 AM

You Should Have A Philanthropic Heart (part 1) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Should Have A Philanthropic Heart (part 1) (66 Views)

You Should Have A Philanthropic Heart (part 2) / Make No Mistake! If You're Not Philanthropic, Your Soul Is In Danger Of Hell! / Who Is Nigeria's Most Philanthropic And Internationally Acclaimed Prophet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Should Have A Philanthropic Heart (part 1) by Interesting15: 8:43am On Dec 02, 2023
Destiny Empowerment Daily Devotional *(2nd December 2023)*

by Sunday Akanni

TOPIC: You Should Have A Philanthropic Heart (Part 1)

Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.” Luke 6:38 NKJV

*Message*

When we mention the word 'Philanthropist', what comes to mind is a clear picture of an 'already made' wealthy millionaire/billionaire. Many people believe only certain persons who have more than enough to take care of themselves and have excesses to share with others should be philanthropists.

However, this school of thought is pretty wrong, especially for us as children of God. Anyone (and indeed, every one of us) can become a philanthropist. The dictionary defines a philanthropist simply as 'a person who seeks to promote the welfare of others, especially by the generous donation of money to good causes'.

It never said 'a millionaire who gives millions of dollars' or 'a billionaire who donates billions of Naira'. It simply said 'a person' (that is, anyone - including you) who has a generous heart to give any amount to promote the welfare of others.

*The basic theme here is 'giving'. And giving is appropriately measured by quality and not just quantity. This is more important to us as Christians. Our Lord Jesus Christ asked us to give continually. 'Give to everyone' He said in Luke 6: 30. He never said 'give only when you have enough to take care of yourself', neither did He say 'millionaires and billionaires, only you should give'. He expects and wants every one of us to give any amount of money (no matter how small you think it is) to promote the welfare of others and bring Honour and Glory to God our Father. Remember, God is the First and Greatest Philanthropist (He gave everything).*

When you don't hoard the little you have but you keep giving out to put smiles on the faces of others and bring Glory to God, you are simply 'laying up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal' (Matthew 6:20). Indeed, you will be among the fortunate ones the LORD will praise on the day of judgement will His lovely voice: "For I was hungry and you gave Me food, I was thirsty and you gave Me drink.... Inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to Me"

*Prayer*
Pray for the grace to not hoard when you should spread out

*Further Reading*
He who has pity on the poor lends to the Lord, And He will pay back what he has given. Proverbs 19:17 NKJV

Please, Share with your groups and contacts📌📌

*N.B: TO GET THIS DIRECTLY ON WHATSAPP, KINDLY SEND "DESTINY EMPOWERMENT" TO EITHER 2348185021024 OR SUNDAYAKANNIOFFICIAL@GMAIL.COM*

(1) (Reply)

The Miracles Of God. / The Big God Up There / Suffering Is An Integral Part Of All Our Lives....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.