Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,251 members, 7,887,712 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:44 PM

The Miracles Of God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Miracles Of God. (68 Views)

The Miracles Which Got T.b Joshua Into Trouble / MUSLIMS: Share The Miracles You Have Experienced As A Follower Of Islam / 10 Self-Proclaimed Holy Men With Miracles That Went Horribly Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Miracles Of God. by AbundantLife05: 6:20am On Dec 03, 2023
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
The Miracles of God Matthew 13:54:
He returned to Nazareth, his hometown. When he taught there in the synagogue, everyone was amazed and said, “Where does he get this wisdom and the power to do miracles?” NLT.

Good morning dear friends, this morning we are going to discuss the miracles of God. Let’s start with the meaning of miracle. Miracle is described in the book of Matthew 13:54, as dunamis, the force, power, might of God.

Going by this, miracle is an act that amazes people and make people wonder at the sight of the event that has happened. One peculiar thing about miracle is that it is creative. It solves cases or does things creatively. The creative power of God was behind the creation of the heavens and the earth in Genesis. Also, when it comes to miracles, it is made available by a spiritual power. However, the devil too can perform some miracles the way God performs miracles. Revelation 13:11-14: Then I saw another beast come up out of the earth. He had two horns like those of a lamb, but he spoke with the voice of a dragon. [12]He exercised all the authority of the first beast. And he required all the earth and its people to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. [13]He did astounding miracles, even making fire flash down to earth from the sky while everyone was watching. [14]And with all the miracles he was allowed to perform on behalf of the first beast, he deceived all the people who belong to this world. He ordered the people to make a great statue of the first beast, who was fatally wounded and then came back to life. NLT.

Our focus today is on God and not on satan. There is something we need to know, for God to be God, there are some things that he does not share with any other being, these are; eternal being, creator, Omnipotence, Omniscient, Omnipresent, preserver, and forgiver. All these attributes make him God and being Omnipotent, he has the ability to perform miracles because he is the all powerful God.

Here, we are going to look at some of the miracles God performed in the bible.

1. The creation of the heavens and the earth: Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. NLT.

Believe me when I tell you that the creation of the heavens and the earth is a miracle. A common remark made by God when creating the things that can be seen on earth such as the detail in the human body the mountains, the hills, the ocean was “and God saw that it was good”. You will marvel at the masterpiece God created when you look at the world around you.

2. The parting of the Red Sea: Exodus 14:15-22
Then the lord said to Moses, “Why are you crying out to me? Tell the people to get moving! [16]Pick up your staff and raise your hand over the sea. Divide the water so the Israelites can walk through the middle of the sea on dry ground. [17]And I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians, and they will charge in after the Israelites. My great glory will be displayed through Pharaoh and his troops, his chariots, and his charioteers. [18]When my glory is displayed through them, all Egypt will see my glory and know that I am the lord!” [19]Then the angel of God, who had been leading the people of Israel, moved to the rear of the camp. The pillar of cloud also moved from the front and stood behind them. [20]The cloud settled between the Egyptian and Israelite camps. As darkness fell, the cloud turned to fire, lighting up the night. But the Egyptians and Israelites did not approach each other all night. [21]Then Moses raised his hand over the sea, and the lord opened up a path through the water with a strong east wind. The wind blew all that night, turning the seabed into dry land. [22]So the people of Israel walked through the middle of the sea on dry ground, with walls of water on each side! NLT.

God proved that he created the world and has power over all the things he created by parting the Red Sea. God creatively blew on the sea all night to part it into two. This miracle is one of the stand out miracles of the Old Testament.

3. The restoration of sight for the man born blind: John 9:1-9
As Jesus was walking along, he saw a man who had been blind from birth. [2]“Rabbi,” his disciples asked him, “why was this man born blind? Was it because of his own sins or his parents’ sins?” [3]“It was not because of his sins or his parents’ sins,” Jesus answered. “This happened so the power of God could be seen in him. [4]We must quickly carry out the tasks assigned us by the one who sent us. The night is coming, and then no one can work. [5]But while I am here in the world, I am the light of the world.” [6]Then he spit on the ground, made mud with the saliva, and spread the mud over the blind man’s eyes. [7]He told him, “Go wash yourself in the pool of Siloam” (Siloam means “sent”). So the man went and washed and came back seeing! [8]His neighbors and others who knew him as a blind beggar asked each other, “Isn’t this the man who used to sit and beg?” [9]Some said he was, and others said, “No, he just looks like him!”But the beggar kept saying, “Yes, I am the same one!” NLT.

This miracle was so special that it drew the attention of people to the man born blind as they could not believe if it was him or not. This shows that God has power over all and can do all things.

4. The Bible of Jesus: Isaiah 9:6
For a child is born to us, A son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. NLT.

God created man from the dust of the earth and he set up a system of reproduction through the joining together of the seed of man and the woman for subsequent births of people into the world. Genesis 1:28: Then God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it. Reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, and all the animals that scurry along the ground.” NLT. However, God proved that he is powerful and can perform any miracle by bringing his son to the world through a woman without mating. This special way of conception and birth is a miracle performed by the miracle working God.

5. The miracle of salvation
The major purpose of the coming of Jesus is to save us from sin and translate us from darkness into the light of God. John 3:16-17: “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. [17]God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. NLT. It is only through Jesus that we can get saved from the power of sin and have eternal life. Acts of the Apostles 4:12: There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.” NLT. This miracle of salvation is the highest miracle performed by God, be paid the price for our freedom by sacrificing his son for our sins as an offering which has given him more children to fill up his kingdom in return.

Therefore, the greatest miracles is the salvation of the souls of people and it is made available for all through the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. If you are yet to receive the gospel, I urge you to do so today by saying this prayer wholeheartedly; Lord Jesus, I confess you as my Lord and saviour today, please save me and be my lord and bring me into your fold. Amen. If you have recited the prayer wholeheartedly, I congratulate you and I welcome you to the family of God. Make sure you join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ.

God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Morning Digest / The Big God Up There / Suffering Is An Integral Part Of All Our Lives....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.